logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<1314151617>
US Open 2012 --- August 27- September 9
Aussie4
#281 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:51:49 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Anyone notice how much more pumped Maria is lately?

It's like her match against Nadia really fired her up.

Just watched her 06 match against Amelie.... lets hope she can do the same to Vika!
Imnumber2
#283 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:00:34 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Finally, someone nice posted the match against Bartoli. Maria didn't serve that well and too many DFs. She cannot play like this against Vika.

It's going to be very tough.......Best of luck Maria!!! 

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#284 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 10:23:40 PM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Gosh! Maria survived another thriller from Bartoli! Great job from Bartoli though, she defended really well and her serves were incredible! Bartoli's 2nd serves were clocking faster compared to Sharapova, those bombs gave Maria very little opportunity to attack the serve.

Well, in the semi-final, she'll be playing world number 1 Azarenka.

Thoughts for this match: 

Everything depends on Maria's serve. Sharapova can overpower Azarenka with her groundstrokes, so she wouldn't really have much problems in controlling the point. Serve is the key here, if she can serve all throughout the match, she'll win it. Praying that Sharapova can pull this one. I mean, Sharapova is definitely enjoying the best season of her career! She'ss been into the finals of Australian Open, Indian Wells, Miami, Stuttgart, Rome, French Open and London Olympics! The statistics where INCREDIBLE!

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#282 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 10:27:20 PM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Aussie4 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone notice how much more pumped Maria is lately?

It's like her match against Nadia really fired her up.

Just watched her 06 match against Amelie.... lets hope she can do the same to Vika!

To me, the 2006 US Open remains the pinnacle of Maria's career. She had it all working in that tournament. A lot of people don't remember that Mauresmo and Henin dominated women's tennis that year.  Amelie won two majors that year and Henin made it to the final in all four.  And Maria gave Amelie two bagels sandwiched around losing that second set, which was amazing. And then she dominated Henin in the final, facing only one break point for the whole match.  To beat those two players back to back in that setting, under that kind of pressure was incredible.  Maria's serve was lethal. I miss the days when you didn't have to cringe or hide your eyes when she served.  You had a feeling of confidence watching her.

CROUCHING TIGER
#286 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 12:46:43 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
@ALEX...j'habite Bruxelles, je connais très bien la mentalité Française et je sais que le
chauvinisme est une valeur première en France. Vraiment!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
saggittarian
#285 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 3:20:16 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Originally Posted by: clyde_aya@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post

Thoughts for this match: 

Everything depends on Maria's serve. Sharapova can overpower Azarenka with her groundstrokes, so she wouldn't really have much problems in controlling the point. Serve is the key here, if she can serve all throughout the match, she'll win it. Praying that Sharapova can pull this one. I mean, Sharapova is definitely enjoying the best season of her career! She'ss been into the finals of Australian Open, Indian Wells, Miami, Stuttgart, Rome, French Open and London Olympics! The statistics where INCREDIBLE!

I agree. Maria needs to serve really really well. Let's hope the weather conditions are in her favour. Hot and no wind. Maria can do this. We all know that. She has to fight for every point and stay focused. Vika will be the toughest opponent in this tournament......so far.

deadchip
#288 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:18:43 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
To me her best form was at the start of 2008, especially in Aussie, but she then won everything until April I believe. Her serve was so very dominant in Aussie.
Maria will have to serve lights out and be on the money tomorrow. Vika can blow her off the court just like Marion did on Tuesday if she is not careful. She will need to come out guns a blazin'. She hasn't shown the level needed the last 2 matches, but she will usuallly raise her level as needed. She can do this, but it ain't going to be easy. Errani will be lucky to get a single game from Serena, but you never know how she reacts to Errani's lack of pace, slices and spins. They could make Serena uncomfortable....
Come on Maria!!! You can do this!!!
Masha is my #1!!
sunstreet
#289 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:22:50 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Yep, still alive. My dentist fixed my tooth, she decided to rebuild it, and send me home filled with drugs. So yesterday i was still a little bit dizzy from it, but i´m still alive, and it all went pretty painless. Guess that´s where the drugs steps in, but thank you everyone for all your get well greetings.

I don´t know if the drugs are still working or what, but i have this great feeling about tonights match!
Something tells me it´s going to be great, resultvise that is.

So, what can i say, Go for it Maria.

And have a really great day everyone,
hugs

;-)
1 user thanked sunstreet for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 9/7/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#287 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 5:10:24 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
@ALEX...j'habite Bruxelles, je connais très bien la mentalité Française et je sais que le
chauvinisme est une valeur première en France. Vraiment!!!
NOTE QUE JE VISE LES MEDIAS !!! RIEN DE PERSONELLE

Valkyre
#290 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 8:51:00 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Good luck to my girl Maria Sharapova today! I feel optimistic that she will do what she has to do to earn her spot in another GS final this year!

Whatever the case Maria is enjoying -according to my opinion- her best Season so far. She is very consistent and I hope her all the best for tonight!

DAVAI MASHA!!!
Alireza
#291 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 11:12:24 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Too bad! Maria's semifinal match against Victoria is at 7:00 PM -New York time- and I can't watch it because I will be in my bed that time.
I wish Maria beats Victoria!

Go Go Maria

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
deadchip
#292 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 11:22:46 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Alireza Go to Quoted Post

Too bad! Maria's semifinal match against Victoria is at 7:00 PM -New York time- and I can't watch it because I will be in my bed that time.
I wish Maria beats Victoria!

Go Go Maria

Match is at 1:45 PM EDT, not 7:00 PM Ali, so hopefully that helps.

GO MARIA!!!!  

Masha is my #1!!
CROUCHING TIGER
#293 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 11:35:28 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I wonder why Paul does his outmost best to write the exact hours(in 3 timezones)

when they play; seems nobody cares? A few hours before a match..."when do they play?"

"does XYZ plays at 0.00pm or am?"...etc...IT'S EVERY DAY IN "LIVE STREAMS" YOU PEOPLE!!!(Geezzz)...

alexandreka
#294 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 2:25:48 PM(UTC)
alexandreka

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 32 post(s)
GAME 1ST SET MARIA SHARAPOVA !!!! C'MON !!!!! 6-3 !
alexandreka
#295 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:30:05 PM(UTC)
alexandreka

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Well well, Azarenka finally defeated Masha 3-6 6-2 6-4... I'm gonna cry... I hope she'll be beaten by Sara in final but obviously, it's not possible...
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#296 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:30:38 PM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
If that had been the US Open final, I’d be DEVASTATED right now. But, I don’t feel too badly about the loss. I really wasn’t in the mood to see Maria get humiliated again by Serena in another big final just a month after the Olympics debacle. And judging by her erratic form today, she wouldn’t be any threat tomorrow night to win more than one or two games. Maria gave everything she had in this match today, though, and should be commended. Some stretches of stellar play and stretches of bad play. That serve looks like it will always plague her at key moments. Vika just moves too well and hits with a little more accuracy and has become very tough mentally. This is a good rivalry, but Maria has work to do if she really wants to get the best of her on a hard court. I know it’ll take her a long time to get over this one because it was winnable. But I think the better player won today.

So, looking at the big picture, Maria is a distant 3rd behind Serena and Azarenka in the game of tennis. She’s going to have a lot to think about in the offseason because she could be in danger of being left in the dust permanently by both if she doesn’t address certain aspects of her game. Vika is only going to improve. And I don’t count out Kvitova yet either. Soul-searching time for Maria.
giane
#297 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:35:32 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
so close.... I'm still proud of Sharapova... the girl who battled until the last set.. great 3rd set for the two of them.. although so many regrets on the second one... she may not have won the US Open SECOND time but a lot had happened this year.... proud to be in Team Sharapova! :) now lez take some SUGARPOVA... <3
Aussie4
#298 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:36:10 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hmmm, well the main positive to take from it is that she really stuck with Vika, and wasn't absolutely hammered like Vika has done previously to Maria on hardcourts.

Baby steps :)
MidnightSun
#299 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:39:15 PM(UTC)
MidnightSun

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Aussie4 Go to Quoted Post
Hmmm, well the main positive to take from it is that she really stuck with Vika, and wasn't absolutely hammered like Vika has done previously to Maria on hardcourts.

Baby steps :)

Not only she stuck with her, but had some good oportunities to get back in the 2nd set.

I think she seriously needs to work on her serve. She wasn't consistent at all - hit a superb serve from the deuce side and then 5 bad serves.... Could have done better certainly...

katmilr
#300 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:45:23 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
gutted.
why oh why?
she had the break in the 2nd set
and got too nervous.
it's not fair.
I feel very sad and heartbroken.
Maria, we love you and you've had a great year after winning the French
and no one can take that away from you.
1 user thanked katmilr for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/8/2012(UTC)