logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<17181920>
Games of the XXX Olympiad -- Team Russia
Dartagnan
#365 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:32:48 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

maria sharapova novak djokovic olympic flag bearers 02

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/15/2012(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#367 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:09:51 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Hundreds of fans with flowers and flags flocked to the airport to congratulate Team Russia.

There were no cars after Beijing. Dementieva remembers the people and their "sea of flowers" at Sheremetyevo...

But Lenochka did receive the Order of Honor. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Philli Wan
#368 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:40:49 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)
I guess they will all get a car just as soon as they are stolen in Germany and driven back to Russia.
Brebis
#363 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:31:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Dartagnan;318481 wrote:

Brebis;318480 wrote:
Don't get too exited about all this ! The cars are given by a corrupt government !

No no they are not. In this case I will say all governments in the world are corrupted. 

It is unfair to accuse ones and not accuse others. 

Each government has its interests in the world and defend them. 

.........then you tell me,  why with every demonstration people are put behind bars ! Russia calls themselves a democracy, don't make me laugh.  Also the fact that there is a hugh difference in rich / poor people in the country. Sorry but that says enough about the government. They keep the money to them selves not even to mention how Putin claimed his power back !!

1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
alexandreka on 8/16/2012(UTC)
robb
#342 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:32:14 AM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

paul_pipkin;318401 wrote:

Rank by Gold (Gold, Siler, Bronze, TOTAL)

United States of America

45 29 29 103

People's Republic of China

38 27 22 87

Great Britain

29 16 19 64

Russian Federation

24 25 33 82

Russia now has a total of 82 Medals, behind China's 87. Neither at Beijing nor here has Russia ever expected a higher total, yet the day is not over & there may be more.

Russia has 24 Golds, behind the home country's 29.

There is actually NOTHING WRONG with this outcome. Any want to engage in silliness that Russia should equal the counts of the former USSR entire? No you don't,  because I'll add up the total for the Republics, broken down by color & show combined results likely overwhelming either US & China.

I prefer to give the independent credit all nations deserve. 

Since I asked about the Russian 'decline', they won another 13 gold medals!! No question that team GB'S HOME ADVANTAGE AND LOTTERY FUNDING stopped russia from finishing in third place, even allowing for the USSR 'split'. So a good result in the end. And the rythmic gynastics and synchronised swimmers are bloody ace!!!

ShelbyK
#369 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:36:48 PM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Alright i'm not trying to hate or be disrespectful, but when did the Maria Sharapova fansite become a Russian fansite? I am not against Russia, but this site should focus on Maria. We should all be respectful of each others different nationalities.

1 user thanked ShelbyK for this useful post.
alexandreka on 8/17/2012(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#371 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:50:55 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The problem, Shelby, is there have always been those who appear here who are NOT respectful of Masha's national identity. One would think that will end now, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. 

3 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Aussie4 on 8/16/2012(UTC), alexandreka on 8/17/2012(UTC), Dartagnan on 9/11/2012(UTC)
ShelbyK
#372 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:54:21 PM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

I understand that, Maria is Russian and it needs to be respected. Case closed

1 user thanked ShelbyK for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/21/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#364 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:11:32 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Brebis;318488 wrote:

Dartagnan;318481 wrote:

Brebis;318480 wrote:
Don't get too exited about all this ! The cars are given by a corrupt government !

No no they are not. In this case I will say all governments in the world are corrupted. 

It is unfair to accuse ones and not accuse others. 

Each government has its interests in the world and defend them. 

.........then you tell me,  why with every demonstration people are put behind bars ! Russia calls themselves a democracy, don't make me laugh.  Also the fact that there is a hugh difference in rich / poor people in the country. Sorry but that says enough about the government. They keep the money to them selves not even to mention how Putin claimed his power back !!

You should read more often the articles about OCCUPY in the usa. Do you think the usa is the ideal country? where there is no poor people. 

The fact that Maria Sharapova lives in the usa doesn't mean that is the best country in the world. I know many famous athletes who live in Europe. 

In the USA many people have no retirement so they work until the end of their life with no money to cure themself. They have no vacations. They just have a flag when it is cold outside. 

It is not the same in Europe and Hollande where there are a lot of social helps for people. 

I don't say that Russia is the best country in the world but each country in the world has its own trouble. 

So the goverments should solve them. Please don't think that the capitalism is the ideal model. Capitalism is also a very wild and selfish system. 

Do you think corruption doesn't exist in the capitalist world? You make me lol. 

IN THE USA, IT IS BETTER NOT TO GIVE YOUR MONEY TO MANAGE TO SOMEONE BECAUSE FINALLY HE WILL STEAL YOU ONE DAY. MANY FAMOUS RUSSIAN ATHLETES HAD THIS EXPERIENCE IN THE USA. THEY LOST MILLIONS OF DOLLARS STOLEN OR WASTED BY THEIR MANAGER. SO IT IS BETTER TO MANAGE YOUR MONEY YOURSELF. IT IS THE BEST SOLUTION IN THE USA.  

It is an old story of 2009 but I prefer to remember it here. 

Fedorov says his money manager stole tens of millions

Detroit — Ex-Detroit Red Wing great Sergei Fedorov says a money manager owes him $60 million after embezzling from him during the past 11 years, according to documents filed today in Wayne County Circuit Court

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

alexandreka on 8/17/2012(UTC)
boneyM
#370 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 12:28:38 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

ShelbyK;318490 wrote:

Alright i'm not trying to hate or be disrespectful, but when did the Maria Sharapova fansite become a Russian fansite? I am not against Russia, but this site should focus on Maria. We should all be respectful of each others different nationalities.

Paul is so pro-Russian and anti-American here it is quite hilarious. I read a comment on twitter about the goings on on this forum. It really has to be read to be believed. The petty politics of Americans slating the "yanks" etc is very amusing.

boneyM
#373 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 12:32:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

ShelbyK;318492 wrote:

I understand that, Maria is Russian and it needs to be respected. Case closed

don't get Paul started....please.

Hernando
#374 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 1:53:20 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)

Brebis;318480 wrote:
Don't get too exited about all this ! The cars are given by a corrupt government

The Serena rabid envious fanatics snick out of the ghettos and use public PCs to put down Maria. The admistratos of those Gettos keep the money to themselves. Attact the thiefs in your own backjard instead of the goverment of Russia that you are completly ignorant about.
Hesco
#375 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 3:33:13 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)
By Brevis the Serena servil fanatic
........then you tell me, why with every demonstration people are put behind bars ! Russia calls themselves a democracy, don't make me laugh. Also the fact that there is a hugh difference in rich / poor people in the country. Sorry but that says enough about the government. They keep the money to them selves not even to mention how Putin claimed his power back !!

You are an ignorant product of living in the gettos, This forum is about Maria not goverments. 90% of the countries of the world call themselves democracies.
For your information Maria has been the best paid female atlete in the universe for the las 8 years according to Forbes Magasine. This money come from Multinational companies not from any goverment or the people of the USA.
Your poor Serena was bumped from second to third by Li Na. She is not good enough personality and looks wise to be and endorsers dream like Maria is, face it.
1 user thanked Hesco for this useful post.
alexandreka on 8/20/2012(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#376 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:01:34 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

That's a perfectly good description of the USA today, Brebis, including the "election" charade being run right now. 

Hernando is right though--we got several threads for politics in General Chat.

boney: I AM a friend of Russia & will say so wherever I please. That Yanks bitch about it around the Net, in places I never go, just makes my point & gratifies me.

(You do know "Boney M" is the name of a great band who built their career in Europe in the 70s because they couldn't get a fair chance in the Amerikaan shithole?)

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/21/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#377 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:56:26 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Putin awards Paralympians

Российская паралимпийская сборная

President Putin has decorated 42 Paralympians with state awards for winning gold medals at the 2012 Paralympic Games in London.

The award ceremony took place at the Alexander Hall of the Grand Kremlin Palace on Tuesday.

Olesya Vladykina, Alexei Labzin, Konstantin Lysenkov, Alexander Nevolin-Svetov, and Yelena Pautova were awarded with Orders of Honor.

37 Paralympians, including swimmer Oksana Savchenko, who won five gold medals and set four world records, were decorated with Orders of Friendship.

Team Russia scored second in the unofficial medal count losing to China. 

Russian Paralympians back to Moscow 

The Russian Paralympic team has returned to Moscow.

Russia was second at the Paralympic Games in London, having won 102 medals, including 36 gold, 38 silver and 28 bronze ones. 

Medvedev congratulates Russian Paralympic sportsmen 

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has congratulated Russian Paralympic sportsmen on their successful performance at the London Games.

The Russian team has won 36 gold medals and become second in the medal count after China.

The Russian sportsmen have also won 38 silver and 28 bronze medals. This is the highest achievement of the Russian team in the entire history of their performance at Paralympic Games.

The prime minister called this result a brilliant evidence of Russian sportsmen’s courage, toughness and will.

TASS, RIA

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded 

CROUCHING TIGER on 9/12/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#378 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:16:31 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Paralympic team of Russia was the best in football. They won gold medals and offered the 36th gold medal to Russia by defeating Ukraine. 

alexandreka on 9/11/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#379 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:57:20 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
http://www.chinadaily.co.../22/content_15696246.htm

Besides this i would say a massive country as Russia(or China for that matter) NEEDS

a strong leader. President PUTIN is the perfect example how to hold all the different

fractions, people, politics in line. RUSSIA needs a leader that makes himself be HEARD

and if necessary in HARD TERMS...otherwise u have CHAOS all over...

@about "human rights"...don't make me laugh; what Western countries do "in the darkness"

is far worse and hypocrite!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 9/13/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#380 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:20:23 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian athletes start preparing for the Rio de Janeiro Paralympics

Российская паралимпийская сборная

Photo: RIA Novosti

Russian athletes are starting to prepare for the next Paralympics. Two-time Paralympic champion Olesya Vladykina and four-time Paralympic champion Sergei Punko are dreaming to leave for Rio de Janeiro in 2016. The gold medal winners at the London Games shared their plans for the next four years.

Athletes have not taken rest yet after the triumphal performances in London, but are starting preparations for the next Games. For the sake of joining the national team, they will have to go through four years of persistent training and compete at international competitions. Only the strongest will be selected. Two-time Paralympic swimming champion Olesya Vladykina believes that despite her having won gold, silver and bronze medals, she will have to compete with young but potentially strong swimmers if she wants to join the national team once again. There will be no concessions, she says.

“If I make this mad choice, it will be my third Paralympics. I will take part only in basic events. I would like to go to Rio de Janeiro which is a very beautiful city. I have already been there. The selection of athletes has become tougher. The key task of the experienced and the young sportsmen is to join the national team. We are competing for a place on the team at the same level,” Olesya Vladykina said.

Sportsmen have requested not to make concessions for them at the selection. This is real sport and the strongest must win. Russian athletes hope for pressing away Chinese sportsmen at the podium. Practically, every Russian athlete who won gold set a world record, says Sergei Punko who won a full set of medals in London in different swimming events.

“We will hardly be able to top the list in the quantity of medals but in quality we can. There is a need to do a lot of work and promote Paralympic sports in the regions. If we can do this we will win more medals,” Sergei Punko said.

Victory is not the main thing for Paralympic athletes. In every event, they showed the world that they have unlimited capabilities. In the past years, the attitude towards them has significantly improved. And this is the main victory. At present, advertisements are made with the participation of some of these athletes, says Olesya Vladykina who lost a hand in a car accident.

“Before the London Games, I was offered to be photographed for glamour magazines, a project which was not accessible for Paralympic sportsmen in the past. People receive us, understand us and are ready to see us, and we are respected and admired. This is great. Paralympic sportsmen have many things to teach people and make them think. I would like to see that people do not turn away from us,” Olesya Vladykina added.

People do not turn away from them, of course. At the London Games, practically all stadiums were full of fans. Thousands of people came to support athletes to the fan-zones. Sportsmen say that they have never seen such an attitude. Such an active support shocked the athletes in the beginning, but later, it helped them to win medals.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2...-de-Janeiro-Paralympics/

Dartagnan
#366 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:56:05 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Maria Sharapova at the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro after London

The LAST VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...S33u9J4&feature=plcp

THANK YOU MASHA !!!!

Brazil prepares for 2016 Olympic Games

new VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...fjrk&feature=related

Dartagnan;318482 wrote:

CROUCHING TIGER on 9/16/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#381 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 4:45:44 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
2016...still a long way to go and lotsa things can happen. Let's hope she's still "on court" then...(???)...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD