logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

The defeat
giorgio from italy
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:53:41 AM(UTC)
giorgio from italy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 21 post(s)

When you lose 60 61 it isn't a defeat only, it's a disaster. There are no words.

paul_pipkin
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 10:54:17 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
3 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 8/4/2012(UTC), Aussie4 on 8/4/2012(UTC), Dartagnan on 4/2/2013(UTC)
MushyForMasha
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 3:37:33 PM(UTC)
MushyForMasha

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Serena's in another league, that's about all there is to it.

MushyForMasha
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 3:41:22 PM(UTC)
MushyForMasha

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Originally Posted by: giorgio from italy Go to Quoted Post

When you lose 60 61 it isn't a defeat only, it's a disaster. There are no words.

Actually I had a few words that I muttered after I turned off the T.V., but they're not appropriate for this forum.

southpawdragon
#10 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 3:33:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We fall so we learn to pick ourselves back up. Maria will learn from this defeat and be a much better Tennis Player.
1 user thanked southpawdragon for this useful post.
frida on 4/2/2013(UTC)
tennisbagel
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:02:02 PM(UTC)
tennisbagel

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: southpawdragon Go to Quoted Post
We fall so we learn to pick ourselves back up. Maria will learn from this defeat and be a much better Tennis Player.

Maria doesn't need to pick herself up. She doesn't need to learn from this defeat. She doesn't need to be a much better tennis player. What she needs to do is put pressure on the ITF to demand better drug testing on performance enhancing drugs.

We should all know that Serena Williams is ON performance Enhancing Drugs. ("Blood Doping"). It's so obvious Serena is using them.  Why being almost 31 years of age is she hitting the ball so much harder than anyone else.

tennisbagel
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:04:57 PM(UTC)
tennisbagel

Originally Posted by: giorgio from italy Go to Quoted Post

The ITF who is charge of drug testing, is the only disaster.  Serena was so doped up on performance drugs even Superman himself couldn't defeat Serena.

tennisbagel
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:10:19 PM(UTC)
tennisbagel

Originally Posted by: MushyForMasha Go to Quoted Post

Serena's in another league, that's about all there is to it.

Yep, Serena is in the league of drugs and something has to be done about this. But no one seems to care to do anything about it. They are just concerned about Maria's yelling. I say scream on, Maria! and hopefully Serena will be caught doping and stripped on her gold medal and the Wimbeldon win , which I highly doubt will happen.

Dartagnan
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:27:22 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Tennis is only a game. You have to know that you can lose a match or win a match. 

But the tennis career of Masha continues; she has other chances. 

For Masha is not a defeat, it is a part of her life but her life continues and she won a silver medal. She has a better ranking than Serena Williams and she earned more money than Serena. 

So let's be happy. Masha earned about 27 millions of dollars this year. 

Let's hope that Masha will be in good health and continue to compete.  

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
frida on 4/2/2013(UTC)
tennisbagel
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:34:38 PM(UTC)
tennisbagel

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Tennis is only a game. You have to know that you can lose a match or win a match.

Yes, but Tennis should be played fairly. Being on Performance Enhancing Drugs (Serena Williams) is NOT fair play. 

2 users thanked tennisbagel for this useful post.
frida on 4/2/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 4/2/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:51:36 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: tennisbagel Go to Quoted Post

Yes, but Tennis should be played fairly. Being on Performance Enhancing Drugs (Serena Williams) is NOT fair play. 

Yes you are right, according to me Serena Williams was over-doped these few months. That is why she showed super resultats at Wimbledon and Olympic Games at a age of 30 years old.

Doping works for Serena Williams but not for Venus. Williams is in the finals of Wimbledon&Olympic Games doped above and beyond belief. 

But... I think over-doping finished her Venus already.  

But it is the work of the authorities to check her. We can't check her. 

As I said before these victories are on Serena's conscience. 

But we don't have to complain about the destiny of Maria Sharapova. Maria made a good work at the Olympic Games. She defeated the players who beat her at Wimbledon 2012. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
alexandreka on 8/9/2012(UTC), frida on 4/2/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:20:03 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Originally Posted by: tennisbagel Go to Quoted Post

Did Serena give Doping test??  I think that all athletes who win gold medal should give Doping test after

his/her match, How about Serena, Did she do it??

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
damiwi
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:33:25 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Would it be possible for Serena to obtain clean urine samples off her Sister Venus, conceal them on her person and substitute her Sister's pee for her own, or does she have to give a blood test too. If she did conceal the pee sample under her breast for example it would stay at body temp. How closely are Athletes watched while giving a urine sample. Doesn't Venus travel to most of her matches too? Not saying she is cheating for definite but I too have my suspicions.
1 user thanked damiwi for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/2/2013(UTC)
matchpoint
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:36:45 PM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Perhaps Maria was right to save wear and tear on her body by merely deflecting the serena blasts, in the final games. Obviously serena caught wind in her sails, was on her game, and there's little that can be done by a fine line painter like Maria in such instances. Yes, serena is hitting as hard as a bloke, if not harder. I could barely stand to watch. I don't want to see Maria spending her time in weight rooms to tackle this situation. There must be a better tactic than becoming like a pro fullback or something. And there's little doubt serena is somehow gaining strength and power. Or maybe her Jehovah is bigger than Maria's? All I can say is that in a game of attrition such as tennis, a small increase in performance is really a huge edge. My advice is for Maria to remain as a woman, and work on her guile; learn about some of the filthy, underhanded things that require a delicate touch to execute. It is the mark of a champion to expand their game.

Recently I watched some Roddick interviews...and the bad attitude he had reminded me why I never liked him. It's a little bit like just do the opposite of what Roddick did. Federer was his 'thorn', but Roddick never improved his game. Not ever. What was he expecting with such an attitude? It was as if...since Federer exists, there's no point in trying. You could see this in his body language as he slumped after netted shots. His backhand form contained no preparation. It was to the point where he expected anything he swatted at to clear the net and find an opening. Next step could only be....a call to Tanya Harding. He must have been difficult to try to coach any wisdom or sense to. He even looks reptilian at times, like he couldn't wait to set everyone straight as to why he lost, this time. Valuable coaching and training time would be consumed by the need for psychological evaluations into his perspective.

Maria has a better head on her shoulders. I would be surprised to hear from her team that she is unwilling to learn new tactics, incorporate some things into her game. She is so young. I can tell by her post match interviews that she has it in her to improve. Plus, she looks like a daisy, after the match, holding up her award, and smiling. 

Dartagnan
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:04:22 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Yes you are right, the best tennis player doesn't look so strong because they have a good tactic&strategy&patience. 

As I said before 

Ahhh.. I will add that Serena Williams is caught in her own trap.  Serena Wiiliams is not the reference. 

Maria Sharapova has to play her tennis, she doesn't need to worry about Serena Williams' case.

Even if Maria Sharapova lost all her matches vs Serena Williams. We will be proud of her, because she always tries to be better in tennis, she is a fair person. Tennis is a game, people love you when you are nice&fair but not always only for your victories. 

You have to be fair in life even if you have played tennis since you were 4 years old. 

The number of Masha's fan increases every day. 

Eh guys !! Masha is practicing Yoga. 

How Yoga Can Improve Your Tennis Play 

Have you ever watched a cat when it is getting ready to attack something? It is able to move swiftly close to the ground while not extending their muscles all the way out as it grabs the prey. When playing tennis this is the same type of movement that is required in order to return the ball back to the opponent. If you are not properly stretching out the muscles then eventually they are going to lose the elasticity in them. Yoga is able to keep the elasticity in the muscles stretched properly while still letting you dash from one end of the court to the other.

When playing tennis you are causing the muscles to be tense while waiting for the next move. Yoga will teach your muscles how to let the tension go so you can play an even better game.

Think about when you are on the field and your knees are slightly bent you are like the cat and ready to pounce. Only difference is every muscle is tense and one wrong move and there is an injury. Take the time and train your muscles so they always start in a position that is relaxed.

Yoga has breathing exercises that concentrate on your stamina and endurance. It is a habit for people to hold their breath for a few seconds in hopes that it will give them more strength. In the long run it is just wearing you out quicker then if your body knew how to breathe properly for creating the strength that is needed to make it through the complete match.

Yoga is all about the proper way of breathing while holding the various poses. When you are getting ready to assume a pose this is when you want to exhale. When doing properly you will actually feel the full length of the muscle stretching out. When doing the exercises it is not about holding your breath, it is mandatory that you breathe just like normal. You can hold a pose for as little as 30 seconds before gradually assuming the starting position. Over time you will actually find yourself breathing just like you do when exercising.

If you need more flexibility in your hips, back, and shoulders then try a spine twist. Remember to practice the proper breathing.

For the spine twist you are going to need to sit on the floor flat on your bottom. Now while relaxing your legs, stretch them directly in front of your body. Take your time and while keeping your spine straight bend your left leg and slowly move it across your right knee and on the other side. Balance your body by putting the left hand flat on the floor behind you. Now try and take your right hand and slowly place it on your left hip.

There is another part to the pose so while holding all the positions you have so far start exhaling and slowly turn your head and upper body to your left. The objective is to look over your left shoulder. Try and hold the pose for about 30 seconds then slowly come back to the start position. If you have problems doing the pose do not get discouraged just keep practicing and you will get it with practice.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Alireza on 4/3/2013(UTC), frida on 4/3/2013(UTC)
matchpoint
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:19:25 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I never saw a lot of Steffi Graf, but I saw enough to know she moved like a panther, or a low slung sports car. The second you saw her on court, you knew she was someone unique. Sampras was another cat person, just amazing to watch. The racquet Sampras used only delivers real power when you kill the ball. Sort of like wood, but an ounce lighter for quicker response in today's fast game. I heard that Mary Pierce snatched up the last batch of these made outside of China, made with a supposedly different manufacturing process than what China did to the recipe....but I digress. Maria had one of these, didn't she, as a child? Does she still have it, or did someone tell her to throw old stuff out, like Oprah always tells everyone to do on her tv show...?

I say take serena right out of your mind, while focusing on removing the thorn. But Maria could retire today and I'd be happy with her slashing style. She could have retired 8 years ago. And she looks like a daisy after the match.

1 user thanked matchpoint for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/3/2013(UTC)