logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Women’s emancipation&Maria Sharapova
Dartagnan
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:49:02 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Women’s emancipation 

Today, women are becoming more and more strong-willed and aimed at building a career: Maria Sharapova is a good example. 

June 19 is Women’s Emancipation Day in the US.

There is no similar holiday in Russia, but – who knows? – maybe, it will soon appear. At least, statistics says that Russian women are becoming more and more emancipated.

It is no secret that a lot more divorces take place in Russia now than, say, 50 years ago. Many women today believe that the majority of men would make unreliable husbands. However, strange as it may seem, rather often, men themselves prefer emancipated women. Well, if not emancipated, then, at least, educated and successful in their career.

It has already become a stereotype that women in the US, as a rule, do not marry before the age of 30 – and, to a big extent, this is true. However, a similar trend can be observed in Russia as well. In 2004, the number of Russian women, who were not married before the age of 30, was 30%. At present, the relevant figure is nearly 40%. Moreover, according to polls, more and more women in Russia say that they don’t want to marry ever at all. But the percentage of such women in Russia is still smaller than in the US, where more than one half of the women are single.

Scientists explain this with the fact that the traditional roles of men and women in the society have now changed. Today, women are becoming more and more strong-willed and aimed at building a career, while men are losing their traditional status of leaders.

“This trend is typical not only for Russia, but for other countries as well,” Russian psychologist Tatyana Gavrilova says. “However, in Russia, this trend is also aggravated by the fact that during practically the entire 20th century, both boys and girls in Russia were, as a rule, brought up by women.”

“Men spent most of their time at work,” Tatyana Gavrilova says. “Children, as a rule, were brought up mainly by women – mothers, grandmothers, sometimes nurses. The majority of teachers in kindergartens and schools were women as well. The role of men in upbringing children was, in fact, reduced to a minimum – at least, in cities and towns.”

When surrounded by loving women, boys often grow sybaritic and girlish – and, to a large extent, remain that way even after becoming adults. Paradoxical as it may seem, the more their mothers coddle them, the more deprived of motherly love they feel. Such men are not inclined to take on any serious responsibilities, and women believe that, most likely, these men won’t become reliable husbands. Thus, women decide that they have to rely on no one except themselves.

Sociologist Tatyana Gurko says:

“In the old times, women had no choice of what role they should occupy in the society. As a rule, women depended on men. Sometimes, marriage was the only way for a woman to upgrade her social status and her wealth. At present, women have an opportunity – and, sometimes, the necessity – of earning both money and social status altogether by themselves.”

However, this is not the only reason why Russian women sometimes do not want to marry. They are just not ready to love anyone and to care for anyone but themselves. Today, more and more women (as well as men, by the way) are inclined to think that life should be more about enjoying oneself than performing any kind of duty.

As a rule, such women do not only remain unmarried, but have no children either. They look upon children as a burden. However, sometimes, after having “lived for themselves” for a rather long time, they start to dream about having children – or, at least, one – and give birth to babies, somewhere between the ages of 27 and 30. <----- right age. 

Well, life is changing – and people’s values are changing as well. However, according to polls, 55% of Russians still say that for them, family is the biggest value.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Hernando on 6/21/2012(UTC), Alireza on 6/22/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#2 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 6:10:03 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

One-on-one with Maria Sharapova on eve of Wimbledon

June 25, 2012 7:47 AM

By Mark Phillips

There's a man in her life - her fiance, basketball player Sasha Vujacic.

But Sharapova says she'll "probably wait a little bit" - perhaps until she's finished playing tennis - to get married.

So, at 25, she's done it all - and has more money than she can ever spend. Why go on? Does she love the game, or hate it?

"That's a tough question," Sharapova conceded with a laugh."There are so many things I love about it. I really do. But there are days where ... like I said, (I think), 'How many years are you gonna do this for?' But I don't think that you will see me so much around it in the daily life of the sport when I'm done."

And it's fun as long as you're winning?

"Well, that helps!" Sharapova replied, "but it's not always about the winning. It's sport, so... "

A New article about Masha + video: http://www.cbsnews.com/8...ova-on-eve-of-wimbledon/

Conclusion of Dartagnan: People think that a lot of money make people happy, It is wrong, you are happy when you have to fight every day to have a new success in sport or in life, it is the goal of our life. 

The russian writer, Lev Tolstoi said that money is the goal of the devil but excellent work is the goal of angels. 

I agree with Maria Sharapova, she has to concentrate on your career. It is the case of many famous sport person such as Steffi Graf who waited the end of career before marrying. For Masha, money is not so important, the victory and the success in her field is even more important.  

I think Sharapova should be free and never make a choice in a hurry. 

Masha has a great potential in tennis, let's concentrate her effort on tennis. 

When Maria Sharapova will finish her tennis career, she will have a very large choice of famous boyfriends to marry. She should be free to choose the person she loves, nobody should advice her to marry in a hurry. 

So I agree with Masha when she says "I will never cry over a man" 

The one who is in a hurry to marry is the one who is in danger or in difficulty. 

The one who is not in a hurry to marry, is the one who controls the situation and prefers to have a beautifull career before marrying. 

Dartagnan;317045 wrote:

Women’s emancipation 

Today, women are becoming more and more strong-willed and aimed at building a career: Maria Sharapova is a good example. 

June 19 is Women’s Emancipation Day in the US.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:24:03 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Women’s emancipation 

Dartagnan
#4 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 1:06:26 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

I would like to congratulate Masha. 

Okay Masha has lost her last match at Wimbledon 2012. But everybody has to remember that Masha won a Grand Slam this year and it is even more important than a victory at Wimbledon. Masha has already won the wimbledon trophy in 2004.  

Tennis is a game, you can lose sometimes. 

I would like to congratulate Masha for her efforts in tennis, her concentration in tennis. She is one of the best tennis player in the world. She can lose a match but she will always be one of the best tennis player. 

Masha made an excellent work at Roland Garros. 

Masha has another chance at the Olympic Games in London. She has a chance to win a gold medal. 

Dartagnan;317239 wrote:

Women’s emancipation 

Dartagnan
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2012 5:12:12 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Dartagnan: HEY EVERYBODY I AM ON HOLIDAY. I WILL BE BACK AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST 2012. 

BYE BYE 

Dartagnan;317412 wrote:

I would like to congratulate Masha. 

Okay Masha has lost her last match at Wimbledon 2012. But everybody has to remember that Masha won a Grand Slam this year and it is even more important than a victory at Wimbledon. Masha has already won the wimbledon trophy in 2004.  

Tennis is a game, you can lose sometimes. 

I would like to congratulate Masha for her efforts in tennis, her concentration in tennis. She is one of the best tennis player in the world. She can lose a match but she will always be one of the best tennis player. 

Masha made an excellent work at Roland Garros. 

Masha has another chance at the Olympic Games in London. She has a chance to win a gold medal. 

Dartagnan;317239 wrote:

Women’s emancipation 

mariaisacunt
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:49:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

she is dumping shasha,,he is fuc@ing everyone all over europe,, but she doesn't care she has her $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mnooiis
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:03:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I would like to congratulate Masha for her efforts in tennis, her concentration in tennis. She is one of the best tennis player in the world. She can lose a match but she will always be one of the best tennis player. http://www.redwing-bootsonline.com/

1 user thanked Mnooiis for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 7/31/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:00:28 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

I am back to support Maria Sharapova at the Olympic Games in London after my 26 days holiday in Moscow. 

Maria Sharapova is still very popular in Russia so in july 2012, 2 new magazins talked about Maria at the Olympic Games. 

I would like congratulate Maria Sharapova for her new victory in London. Maria is a courageous girl and I hope she will have a success in London this year. 

Davai Masha !!!!!

Hesco
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:36:41 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Congratulations to Maria on her second win at the Olympics.
Maria is a very good business woman, she is investing her money in the Sugarpova candy and has her own clothing line, the last thing she should be thinking is getting married, she is having a good time making big money with Novak in the Head commercials. They are the most glamorous star power, name recognition couple of all sports.
1 user thanked Hesco for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 8/1/2012(UTC)