logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Victoria Azarenka
Dartagnan
#101 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:33:46 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/help1300x292.jpg/][/URL]

UNBEATABLE...Nobody is unbeatable...

Vika becomes unbeatable just after the AO 2012. She defeated plenty of talented tennis players. 

Yes you can be unbeatable during several months or few years. It often happens in tennis. 

But not for life of course. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
frida on 2/15/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#103 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 5:34:52 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Performance M. Sharapova and V. Azarenka

masha

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#104 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:53:16 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Azarenka’s boyfriend is tennis player Sergei Bubka Jr., son of the Olympic pole vaulting legend, and she has been doing some vaulting of her own in the world rankings, leapfrogging Wozniacki recently.

For people who don't know who is the Dad of Victoria boyfriend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Bubka

Dartagnan
#105 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:33:56 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Djokovic, Azarenka look to defend Miami titles

MIAMI –Top-ranked Novak Djokovic of Serbia and Victoria Azarenka of Belarus will try to defend their titles at the $9.6 million ATP and WTA Miami hardcourt event that begins on Tuesday.

Novak Djokovic and Victoria Azarenka. AFP FILE PHOTOS

The showdown stretches for nearly a fortnight and comes after Djokovic was upset in the Indian Wells semi-finals and Azarenka beat World No. 2 Maria Sharapova in Sunday’s final, as she did in last year’s Miami final.

Djokovic was upset by big-serving American John Isner, who lost to World No. 3 Roger Federer in the Indian Wells final.

Now thanks to the first-round byes for Miami’s high seeds, Djokovic is off until Saturday when he faces either Argentina’s Leonardo Mayer or Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis.

“It’s still a week to my first match, so I’m going to take some time, regroup,” Djokovic said. “I feel physically well. I think I’m playing equally well. I’m confident ahead of the Miami tournament.”

Djokovic defeated World No. 2 Rafael Nadal in last year’s final, adding that title to his 2007 Miami crown.

The five-time Grand Slam champion comes into the event off a Grand Slam title at the Australian Open, just as he did last year.

Djokovic, who has captured the past three Grand Slam titles, could join Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi as the only three-time men’s champions at Miami and become the first man since Federer in 2005 and 2006 to win back-to-back titles.

Nadal, a 10-time Grand Slam champion, has never won the Miami crown despite three trips to the finals, settling for runner-up honors in 2005 and 2008 as well as last year.

Nadal will open against either fell Spaniard Pablo Andujar or Colombia’s Santiago Giraldo.

Federer, who has won a record 16 Grand Slam crowns, has not won the Miami crown since 2006 but is on a roll, having won three tournaments in a row with titles at Rotterdam and Dubai as well as Indian Wells.

World No. 4 Andy Murray of Britain, who crashed out in the second round at Indian Wells, will try to bounce back at Miami, where he defeated Djokovic in the 2009 final.

Murray will open against either Uzbekistan’s Denis Istomin or Colombia’s Alejandro Falla while Federer’s first foe will be either US wildcard Ryan Harrison or Italy’s Potito Starace.

Isner, ranked 10th, will open against either US countryman James Blake or Russia’s Nikolay Davydenko.

On the women’s side, Azarenka’s first match will be against either a qualifier or Dutchwoman Michaella Krajicek while Sharapova, on the opposite end of the draw, starts in round two against a qualifier or Israel’s Shahar Peer.

Czech third seed Petra Kvitova had the worst luck of the draw, with a bye into round two against either Japan’s Kimiko Date-Krumm or US wildcard Venus Williams, a three-time Miami champion with seven Grand Slam singles titles.

Williams, like her sister Serena, is coming back after a long injury absence.

Chinese eighth seed Li Na, the reigning French Open champion, opens against a qualifier or Italy’s Alberta Brianti. She could face compatriot Peng Shuai in the round-of-16 and Sharapova in the quarter-finals.

Australian sixth seed Samantha Stosur, the reigning US Open champion, opens against Czech Clara Zakopalova or a qualifier and she could face a fourth-round matchup with US 10th seed Serena Williams, a 13-time Grand Slam champion.

Williams, a five-time Miami women’s champion who has been out with an ankle sprain, will open against either China’s Zhang Shaui or Britain’s Elena Baltacha.

Belgium’s Kim Clijsters is among those who will play in the first round. If the 2005 and 2010 Miami winner defeats Australian Jamila Gajdosova, she will face Germany’s 14th-seeded Julia Goerges in round two.

Clijsters is a possible round-of-16 opponent for fourth seed Caroline Wozniacki. The Dane will open against either a qualifier or Czech Barbora Zahlavova Strycova.

http://sports.inquirer.n...k-to-defend-miami-titles

Dartagnan
#106 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:51:27 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Victoria Azarenka

Photos: Azarenka with 'Suga' Rashad Evans at the MMA Masters Academy

Victoria Azarenka met former UFC light heavyweight champion 'Suga' Rashad Evans at the MMA Masters Academy in Miami... They exchanged racquet and globes and as you can see Vika had fun trying to hit Evans...

After the meeting they had fun also in Twitter...

"@vika7 I hope u r ready 4 the match of your life because I'm in route 2 challenge u 4 your #1 ranking!! Lol" Rashad wrote.

And Azarenka replied: "@SugaRashadEvans oh wow? That's what I like to hear! Challenge baby! Its on. Game face"

paul_pipkin
#107 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 12:35:31 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

Mauresmo signs up with Azarenka

Agence France-Presse Saturday, April 7th, 2012

PARIS — Former world number one Amelie Mauresmo, who quit in 2009, returned to tennis on Friday to work alongside current top-ranked player Victoria Azarenka.

“Amelie will be joining us,” Azarenka’s coach Sam Sumyk told the www.Welovetennis.fr website.

“We would be making a mistake if we were to deprive ourselves of her kind of experience and ability. Amelie is Vika’s choice and from the moment she expressed that wish, I have tried to make it happen.” 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Dartagnan
#108 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 2:54:53 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

PARIS — Former world number one Amelie Mauresmo, who quit in 2009, returned to tennis on Friday to work alongside current top-ranked player Victoria Azarenka.

“Amelie will be joining us,” Azarenka’s coach Sam Sumyk told the www.Welovetennis.fr website.

“We would be making a mistake if we were to deprive ourselves of her kind of experience and ability. Amelie is Vika’s choice and from the moment she expressed that wish, I have tried to make it happen.” 

Yes I understand Vika's choice. Mauresmo is still young and she might understands more Vika's tennis problem. Vika chose french coaches, she wants to win the Roland Garros trophy this year. 

Dartagnan
#109 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:27:18 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

IT IS NEVER LATE TO HAVE A NEW COACH !!! 

http://www.facebook.com/ameliemauresmo

Some news from Monaco where i started a work period of 2 weeks a couple days ago with Vika Azarenka ! I'm sure it's gonna be a great adventure and that i can help her by sharing my experience... All the team is amazing and very open with me so thanks to them !

Amélie Simone Mauresmo French pronunciation: [ameli simɔn moʁɛsmo]; (born 5 July 1979) is a French former professional tennis player, and a former World No. 1. Mauresmo won two Grand Slam singles titles at the Australian Open and at Wimbledon.

A Farewell to Amélie Mauresmo

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...eature=player_embedded#!

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Yes I understand Vika's choice. Mauresmo is still young and she might understands more Vika's tennis problem. Vika chose french coaches, she wants to win the Roland Garros trophy this year. 

Dartagnan
#110 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 7:28:30 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

IT IS NEVER LATE TO HAVE A NEW COACH !!! 

http://www.facebook.com/ameliemauresmo

Some news from Monaco where i started a work period of 2 weeks a couple days ago with Vika Azarenka ! I'm sure it's gonna be a great adventure and that i can help her by sharing my experience... All the team is amazing and very open with me so thanks to them !

Let's know more about the adventure. 

Amélie&her ex-girlfriend. I think Vika is more beautifull than her ex-girlfriend. 

frida
#111 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2012 5:23:40 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 674 post(s)

Masha played better than Victoria and finally beat her It was amazing...

Alireza
#112 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 11:27:11 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Yes frida! Finally Maria beat Azarenka at Stuttgart tournament!

boooo Azarenka!

Yes Maria!!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
Dartagnan
#113 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 6:56:34 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Azarenka will get her bottom smacked by Mauresmo for her lose at this Stuttgart final. 

Originally Posted by: Alireza Go to Quoted Post

Yes frida! Finally Maria beat Azarenka at Stuttgart tournament!

boooo Azarenka!

Yes Maria!!

“Amelie will be joining us,” Azarenka’s coach Sam Sumyk told the www.Welovetennis.fr website.

Dartagnan
#114 Posted : Sunday, May 06, 2012 1:51:35 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Azarenka wants to win the Roland Garros trophy this year. 

I think she will have to defeat Sharapova first if she wants to reach her goal. 

Victoria Azarenka

MADRID, Spain - A packed field that includes the whole Top 10 and another three former No.1s has descended on Madrid for the prestigious $5,189,603Mutua Madrid Open, currently in its fourth year on the WTA calendar.

Check out the singles and doubles draws from Madrid by clicking here...

Current World No.1 Victoria Azarenka headlines the packed field, and comes in with a point to prove - after winning her first four tournaments of the season she has come away empty-handed at her last two, falling in the quarterfinals of Miami and the finals of Stuttgart. But she is still the match win leader for the year, with a sparkling 29-2 record, and is the No.1 seed here in Madrid.

Azarenka has what is maybe the most intriguing opener of all the seeds, and probably the trickiest: Svetlana Kuznetsova. Although Azarenka won their only 2012 meeting handily, Kuznetsova has serious credentials on clay, winning the French Open in 2009, and she has won both of their clay court meetings.

Kuznetsova leads Azarenka in their overall head-to-head series, 4-2.

Maria SharapovaPetra Kvitova and Agnieszka Radwanska are the No.2, No.3 and No.4 players in the world, and seeded No.2, No.3 and No.4 here too. Sharapova had a dream week in Stuttgart last week, beating Kvitova in the semifinals and Azarenka in the final and capturing her milestone 25th WTA title - and in Madrid she even has an outside shot of taking the No.1 ranking from Azarenka, if she wins the title and Azarenka loses her first round match.

Kvitova and Radwanska also come in with high hopes, Kvitova the defending champ here and Radwanska just behind Azarenka for match wins on the year (she is 28-5). Radwanska could be looking at a second round clash with Sara Errani though, and the Italian is tearing it up on clay this year, putting together the longest winning streak on clay since Dinara Safina's 16 in a row in 2009.

Samantha StosurCaroline WozniackiMarion Bartoli and Li Na round out the Top 8 seeds, with Serena Williams and Vera Zvonareva coming in at No.9 and No.10. Wozniacki and Williams are former No.1s - two more former No.1s are among the seeds, namely Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic.

The other former No.1 in the draw is Venus Williams, who was a finalist here in 2010 but missed last year's event due to an abdominal injury. She is playing her third tournament back from a seven-month illness lay-off, and in her first two she exceeded all expectations, reaching back-to-back quarterfinals at Premier events in Miami and Charleston. A wildcard in the draw here this year, she opens against talented young Romanian Simona Halep, a first-time meeting.

The Top 2 doubles teams - American duo Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymondand Czech-Slovenian pairing Kveta Peschke and Katarina Srebotnik - lead the seeds in the doubles draw, with French Open champions Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka and Miami winners Maria Kirilenko andNadia Petrova seeded No.3 and No.4. The doubles also starts Saturday.

Other notable doubles teams in action are Olympic hopefuls Gisela Dulko andPaola Suárez and Spanish duo Nuria Llagostera Vives and María José Martínez Sánchez, who won nine WTA doubles titles together - including seven in a breakthrough 2009 season, including the WTA Championships.

http://www.wtatennis.com...h-opener_2256076_2760521

Dartagnan
#115 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 10:46:58 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Azarenka: I always try to be honest

Ticker - Saturday, May 26, 2012

While Victoria Azarenka says that being No. 1 hasn't changed her, she admitted that she has had to make a personal adjustment.

"You feel kind of a little bit more responsibility," she told reporters. "You feel more that you have to be, a role model or something. But, I try to be always honest, with anybody and with myself, especially. No I don't think I should change at all because that's what got me to No. 1. That's what I'm going to try to stick by ... You have to be nice. That's a part of being a human being  For me, there are two words: being respectful and being honest. That's my main things that I look into people."

http://tennis.com/articl...leid=17824&zoneid=25

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Azarenka wants to win the Roland Garros trophy this year. 

I think she will have to defeat Sharapova first if she wants to reach her goal. 

Victoria Azarenka

MADRID, Spain - A packed field that includes the whole Top 10 and another three former No.1s has descended on Madrid for the prestigious $5,189,603Mutua Madrid Open, currently in its fourth year on the WTA calendar.

Check out the singles and doubles draws from Madrid by clicking here...

Current World No.1 Victoria Azarenka headlines the packed field, and comes in with a point to prove - after winning her first four tournaments of the season she has come away empty-handed at her last two, falling in the quarterfinals of Miami and the finals of Stuttgart. But she is still the match win leader for the year, with a sparkling 29-2 record, and is the No.1 seed here in Madrid.

Azarenka has what is maybe the most intriguing opener of all the seeds, and probably the trickiest: Svetlana Kuznetsova. Although Azarenka won their only 2012 meeting handily, Kuznetsova has serious credentials on clay, winning the French Open in 2009, and she has won both of their clay court meetings.

Kuznetsova leads Azarenka in their overall head-to-head series, 4-2.

Maria SharapovaPetra Kvitova and Agnieszka Radwanska are the No.2, No.3 and No.4 players in the world, and seeded No.2, No.3 and No.4 here too. Sharapova had a dream week in Stuttgart last week, beating Kvitova in the semifinals and Azarenka in the final and capturing her milestone 25th WTA title - and in Madrid she even has an outside shot of taking the No.1 ranking from Azarenka, if she wins the title and Azarenka loses her first round match.

Kvitova and Radwanska also come in with high hopes, Kvitova the defending champ here and Radwanska just behind Azarenka for match wins on the year (she is 28-5). Radwanska could be looking at a second round clash with Sara Errani though, and the Italian is tearing it up on clay this year, putting together the longest winning streak on clay since Dinara Safina's 16 in a row in 2009.

Samantha StosurCaroline WozniackiMarion Bartoli and Li Na round out the Top 8 seeds, with Serena Williams and Vera Zvonareva coming in at No.9 and No.10. Wozniacki and Williams are former No.1s - two more former No.1s are among the seeds, namely Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic.

The other former No.1 in the draw is Venus Williams, who was a finalist here in 2010 but missed last year's event due to an abdominal injury. She is playing her third tournament back from a seven-month illness lay-off, and in her first two she exceeded all expectations, reaching back-to-back quarterfinals at Premier events in Miami and Charleston. A wildcard in the draw here this year, she opens against talented young Romanian Simona Halep, a first-time meeting.

The Top 2 doubles teams - American duo Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymondand Czech-Slovenian pairing Kveta Peschke and Katarina Srebotnik - lead the seeds in the doubles draw, with French Open champions Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka and Miami winners Maria Kirilenko andNadia Petrova seeded No.3 and No.4. The doubles also starts Saturday.

Other notable doubles teams in action are Olympic hopefuls Gisela Dulko andPaola Suárez and Spanish duo Nuria Llagostera Vives and María José Martínez Sánchez, who won nine WTA doubles titles together - including seven in a breakthrough 2009 season, including the WTA Championships.

http://www.wtatennis.com...h-opener_2256076_2760521

Dartagnan
#116 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 10:40:06 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Azarenka survives major scare in opening round

AP - Monday, May 28, 2012

PARIS (AP)—Top-ranked Victoria Azarenka survived a scare in the first round of the French Open on Monday.

The Australian Open champion, who took over the No. 1 ranking by winning in Melbourne, came back to beatAlberta Brianti of Italy 6-7 (6), 6-4, 6-2.

Brianti, a 32-year-old veteran with one WTA title in her career, won the first set and then led 4-0 in the second before losing six straight games.

Although Azarenka won 12 of the last 14 games, she struggled with her play throughout, committing 60 unforced errors.

Azarenka started the 2012 season with a 26-match winning streak. Her first loss came in the quarterfinals atMiami.

Later Monday, top-ranked Novak Djokovic was scheduled to play his first match of the tournament. Roger Federer and defending women's champion Li Na were also playing on Day 2 of the clay-court major.

Azarenka was first up in the main stadium, and she didn't look good at the start. In the first set alone, she had 28 unforced errors.

No top-seeded woman has ever lost in the first round at the French Open since the tournament began to allow foreign entrants in 1925.

http://www.wtatennis.com...ge/Home/0,,12781,00.html

Alireza
#117 Posted : Sunday, June 03, 2012 10:05:55 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

This is so embarrassing for Azarenka! She lost against Cibulkova! Congratulation to Cibulkova she beat

world No.1!

This is good chance for Maria to be World No.1!

Go Go Maria!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 2/15/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#102 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:04:01 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

VICTORIA WON A GOLD MEDAL AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES IN LONDON. 

3 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/7/2012(UTC), Alireza on 8/8/2012(UTC), frida on 2/15/2013(UTC)