logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

109 Pages«<96979899100>»
Elegant Elena
CROUCHING TIGER
#1942 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:14:10 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
http://www.gettyimages.de/Search/Search.aspx?query=z.i.H4sIAAAAAAAEAOy9B2AcSZYlJi9tynt_SvVK1-B0oQiAYBMk2JBAEOzBiM3mkuwdaUcjKasqgcplVmVdZhZAzO2dvPfee--999577733ujudTif33_8_XGZkAWz2zkrayZ4hgKrIHz9-fB8_In6tWf5r_Bq_xu_x654tsov816RfH9P_f7u8zJdZOssX-bIt8sssnVbLtlrXv-YITX6NX-fXGHjwbeJeC_6sW9OCfyZ1VbUvszpbNL-2fvZr4f-7O_j1dzcQfzP88xvT_3-9d6-vm9N3Bsav6f3N72bn5tdfU38HuF87O5_aLv0_0OevucM9Llr9jN50v_861Li0X9i_8N6vS3_UCws2_PPXx0e7-OvX488nFkbnb37tPIRi_2QoOxbKeQeK-5tfq0Mo9k-Gsmeh1B0o7m-iTG5e4j-YPL-GkmkXn_6G5mtMBtOWaJKvzKe_ZvDXr51PGvuN-YOJnTscvN9_rdw1937_tZvVyn6OPwyOv5V98XLqXnS__zpV7bGK_Yu_muT-V-YvPL_27Gppfv81zR_g9V-nWXvjCf76tfPMYeD_Qb-v_C_sH79uE0AL__y13z177viV_rBfZLWHm_fHb9RMq1X-ZL2clR4Rg08NwB8HnAc79_H7r0M8tLbNg79-nXktfwiF8JeB8DH9_9e6f4BfiUuc3Ph__Hov8qu8af-fAAAA__98ZFElWQQAAA..&sx=AllEditorial

(from TF)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Dartagnan
#1943 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 4:49:05 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Elena Dementieva's dreams came true when she won gold at the Beijing Olympics, and having secured a season-finish best ranking of No.5 she was quick out of the blocks in 2009, winning her 12th and 13th career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles titles at Auckland and Sydney. This would prove to be the bedrock for another fine year, resulting in her ninth qualification for the season-ending Championships. No other active player boasts such a record:Venus Williams has also qualified nine times, but participated on just three occasions.

Only work pays if you want to win a gold medal. Elena always did her best on the court. 

masha

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

CROUCHING TIGER
#1945 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 6:51:53 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJivD...ture=autoshare

Still in the "kitchen"...

CROUCHING TIGER
#1946 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 6:53:36 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/HJivDC21bOE

this should be the one...

CROUCHING TIGER
#1947 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:26:09 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

OCCUPY WILL NOT BE ACCUSED OF FAVORITISM AND THUS TAKES NO PRISONERS...

CROUCHING TIGER
#1948 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 12:37:42 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Found this one on TF...sure, Masha's stuff is more impressive, but here one can feel a "warm heart"...

CROUCHING TIGER
#1949 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:45:09 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/502823 (credit to iva ds87-FB)

"I don't not quite understand what No1 means for Wozniacki. I am surprised how easily she addresses some of her defeats. Lost in the quarterfinals, it's okay. I remember how worried and tormented Dinara Safina was after losing some matches while ranked No1. And look at how many off-season exhibitions the Dane played. I think a person who wants to retain the No1 ranking should have more careful approach to her schedule and be able to give up from the secondary in the name of the main.
Kvitova, by contrast, wants to reach the top too quickly . And this nervousness, excessive pressure brought by the media, did her a bad favour so far. But I believe this year she'll reach No1."

Lena also talked about her expectation for the Russian players. She thinks Kuznetsova will do best (Vera and Sharapova need to play themselves into form, TOB's ankle injury), because she's experienced, has weapons and a good coach, has slight concerns about the heat stroke she got in Sydney 2rd.
Lena's predictions for the women's tournament are Vika and Kim (providing she's fully fit) as semifinalists from the top half, will looks out for Serena from the 3rd quarter and Kvitova is the favourite from the 4th quarter. She's sad that 11 of 12 Russian are in the same half and the same quarter with Serena and Kanepi, whom Lena considers a very unpleasant opponent at the moment.
Lena also talks about why AO is so interesting - it's the 1st slam of the year, most expected and unpredictable for fans and players. Everyone is looking at the others and noticing changes in the off season. Lena has a special attitude towards AO - it was her first GS tournament, qualified and lost to Hingis in 2r on centre court, had never played before on such a big court, was an invaluable experience. Also remembers the crazy 15-hour flight from Moscow, she couldn't imagine at that time the tennis season would start there for the next 12 years.
As a whole, in 2012 will be very interesting to see how players will adjust to the marathon summer schedule with RG, Wimbledon and the Olympics. That's why she wasn't surprised at the number of withdrawals in the 1st week of the season, nobody wants to put unnecessary risk to their health during this season which she calls a "5-slam" one.
As for the men, Lena's favourite is Murray for plenty of reasons - Novak, Rafa and Fed haven't recovered after a gruelling season; nice passable draw; inspired by the new coach; is in form and has already won a tournament.

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/17/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#1950 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:25:07 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

(credit to iva from TF and NOT FB as i mentioned above...another interview with the "new married couple":)
Really hope our Golden Girl will show up at the OLYMPICS;damn i miss her...

Not at first sight

- How did your romance start?
Maxim Afinogenov: I'd often watched Lena's matches on TV. Nothing personal, I just like tennis. I didn’t intend on getting acquainted with her. But in 2004 my friends and I flew to Paris to Roland Garros. I first saw Lena in the flesh there. I invited her to sit down with us at a table, but she gave me such an indignant look that I almost sank into the ground. But just in that moment I thought Lena is every man's dream. I decided that I would get her, no matter what.
Elena Dementieva: Of course, I was outraged then! Young people sitting in the tennis stadium, drinking wine, playing cards and offered me to join them. I don’t accept such behavior! For me, Roland Garros is a holy place. I didn’t like all this at all. But Max came to all my matches in Paris, was supporting. And after the tournament, when we were celebrating the Russian final with a big company in a restaurant, we got to know each other better... By the way, Max and I could have met much earlier. Back in 1999 my mother and I were invited to a hockey match in Miami. Our places on the stands were next to Maxim’s parents. My mother met them, talked, they exchanged phone numbers. And then she told me: let's invite this family for dinner, they are nice people, they have a young son playing hockey. I looked at her and firmly said: "No. I'm not interested." I then had a deep conviction that I don’t want to get acquainted with athletes.

- You were married only just seven years after meeting at the Roland Garros. Why did it take so long?
ED: All these seven years we were focused on our careers. Sport took the main place in our lives. Also it took us quite a long time to get close. Maxim didn’t immediately enter the family circle. My mother didn’t welcome him as cordially as I would have liked. It was a long, trying process. I can’t say that I immediately saw him as my future husband.
MA: With athletes, thing rarely happen like with normal people. We didn’t even have a honeymoon, because only a few days after the wedding I started training camp in St. Petersburg. But I will come up with something for this summer. I will amaze my wife for sure! Vacation for us is when I'm at tennis and Lena at hockey (laughs.

- Apparently tennis and hockey players get along. Anastasia Myskina dated a CSKA player; it seems Maria Kirilenko has a romance with Alexander Ovechkin...
ED: It's simple. Tennis - a very cruel individual sport. We're all big egoists. It’s very difficult with such character in real life. But hockey as a team sport creates an entirely different personality. A person, who you can always lean on, helping out in any situation. In a relationship tennis-hockey there’s a process of mutual exchange of human qualities. We complement each other. Take for example Maxim’s main trait, which still amazes me – he’s not nonchalant. You don’t need to ask him or hint, Max is always ready to help in any situation. Such people are rare. It’s this quality that conquered me.

On the stove and on the couch

- Andre Agassi says he is under the thumb of his wife Steffi Graf. He’s won less tennis tournaments than his wife and is now doing all kitchen stuff. How is it in your family? Are titles also measured?
MA: That’s what they look at in America: who, what, how much ... As for us in Russia, there's a clear division: women - at the stove, men - on the couch! Regardless of merit or salary! Although, if it’s necessary, I could always fry an omelet for Lena.

- Can life break the family boat? (I don’t don’t how to properly translate this boat idiom in English; also life here means mundane daily obligations)
MA: You know, Lena and I are always on the road. So for now, life to us is even joyful and the boat is sailing. Of course, in my dreams I would like it to be always unsinkable.

- About travelling - Lena is studying in Moscow, Maxim has a contract with SKA St. Petersburg. It is difficult to live in two cities?
MA: A 50-minute flight - is this even a distance?
ED: It was hard when Max was playing in NHL and I had a crazy tournament schedule. We lived in numerous cities then. Two cities compared to these hops is a trifle. Even less, because I like St. Petersburg very much. This is absolutely a western city. At first I caught myself all the time thinking “Why are all captions in Russian?” And only then I remember “oh, I'm in Russia!” I was never drinking cappuccino and surprisingly I awfully felt like trying in St. Petersburg. Here it seems everybody drinks it at any time. Now I have a St. Petersburg cappuccino mania (laughs). Maxim and I had some unbelievable excitement for St. Petersburg. We were like crazy, running around museums, cathedrals, theatres. Everybody was saying us “Calm down, you have plenty of time ahead to see enough of the city. But we couldn’t stop. I still can’t stop being astonished when I look at the beauty of the riverside. On the Neva I developed a desire to take pictures of the city, the people, the buildings, the sky... And even though we didn’t have a honeymoon in the traditional sense, it was in St. Petersburg that I felt like every type of life is a honeymoon for me. Anywhere we are is great.

- What is the perfect family in your opinion?
ED: You better ask about ideals those who have celebrated their golden wedding. Immediately after the wedding we were bombarded with questions: "How is the family life? Are you happy in marriage?" I’m yet to understand. Come in 10-15 years, maybe I will answer you then (laughs). I know one thing - building a life in the same direction is very difficult without respect. Look at how many divorces there are! Probably because in Russia there are more women than men and it generates some sort of over contentment. It’s become a norm to have a mistress. And the worst thing is that no one is condemned for this. I can’t judge about the whole country, but Moscow is a rather dissolute city, there is no easy way to preserve the family.
MA: Parents instill the main values in childhood. If they were able to show by example what a real family is, then it’ll be easy for you to live with the same person for life. I can advise bachelors: finish washing your socks yourself! (laughs) Seriously, get married. I personally have more joyful occasions now.

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/19/2012(UTC), Dartagnan on 1/19/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#1951 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:28:18 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

GREAT ARTICLE

I LIKE THIS PART: 

- Apparently tennis and hockey players get along. Anastasia Myskina dated a CSKA player; it seems Maria Kirilenko has a romance with Alexander Ovechkin...
ED: It's simple. Tennis - a very cruel individual sport. We're all big egoists. It’s very difficult with such character in real life. But hockey as a team sport creates an entirely different personality. A person, who you can always lean on, helping out in any situation. In a relationship tennis-hockey there’s a process of mutual exchange of human qualities. We complement each other. Take for example Maxim’s main trait, which still amazes me – he’s not nonchalant. You don’t need to ask him or hint, Max is always ready to help in any situation. Such people are rare. It’s this quality that conquered me.

I also like this second part:

- You were married only just seven years after meeting at the Roland Garros. Why did it take so long?
ED: All these seven years we were focused on our careers. Sport took the main place in our lives. Also it took us quite a long time to get close. Maxim didn’t immediately enter the family circle. My mother didn’t welcome him as cordially as I would have liked. It was a long, trying process. I can’t say that I immediately saw him as my future husband.
MA: With athletes, thing rarely happen like with normal people. We didn’t even have a honeymoon, because only a few days after the wedding I started training camp in St. Petersburg. But I will come up with something for this summer. I will amaze my wife for sure! Vacation for us is when I'm at tennis and Lena at hockey (laughs.

PEOPLE HAS TO STUDY EACH OTHER A LONG TIME BEFORE MARYING. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR FUTURE LIFE. 

masha

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

CROUCHING TIGER
#1952 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:28:42 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

(credit MAKA on TF)

Lena's column 25-01-2011

with google's help:

Cases of simultaneous victory of the "Grand Slam" tennis in the modern double-bit unique. We all remember 1996, when the "Roland Garros" the phenomenal result was able to achieve our outstanding Yevgeny Kafelnikov. And so, I'll tell you from experience - players, high in the singles rankings for doubles combinations are treated as training. Sometimes it's really important: once again feel like the game, we came to the new surface. However, if you alone are doing well, the couple during the tournament has already begun to interfere with - selects the required forces. That is why we often see as a couple, which is composed of strong single skater, quickly eliminated from the grid.
But as this year's Olympic, the ratio to a pair of all players is special. So for me it is not surprising that Svetlana Kuznetsova and Vera Zvonareva ("straight line" from which you can read on this page) took seriously the doubles yesterday celebrated the semi-finals. Everyone understands that in the summer in London will be played as many as five sets of awards, including couples and mixed.
Steam game is ideal for training because it can work out a lot of elements that singles are rarely used, but to be able to carry them out must still be . You never know what you may need in the crucial moment. And, of course, it's a great opportunity to practice their weaknesses. For example, I considered the couple as additional training of its filing.
There is, alas, in the doubles and certain habits, which then begin to interfere in solitary confinement. The fact that the single skater, too often, a couple of plays, willy-nilly start to get used to the fact that he needs to keep only polkorta, and then surprised when it turns out that in singles to help him to no one. You know, by the way, as you can see that the pair are two good single skater? On how often they rush for the same ball, the racket face and sometimes their foreheads. It says something about that in any case, if they do professionally requires serious preparation and practice. So let's root for the Light and the faith that they are for the remaining six months time to achieve that level of understanding on the court, which will allow them to claim Olympic gold. Our columnist Elena Dementieva ready to answer your questions about the Australian Open, set on our website at: http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/503275. Today, Elena has chosen the issue user with the nickname SDV: «Have you opened after half of the tournament for a new name?" Reply Elena Dementieva: "If we talk about the new names in women's grid, it is not so much a discovery as a breakthrough should be considered as output in the quarter-Ekaterina Makarova. Joint training, I knew long as she can play, but now know it all! And here in the Australian Open, she was able to demonstrate their quality at the highest level in a confrontation with Serena Williams. Among men, I think, in general, a predictable result stands out against the Japanese Nishikori. He has behind him a great victory over Tsonga, which allowed him for the first time in his career to go in the quarter "Grand Slam".

CROUCHING TIGER
#1953 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:32:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

('cos it's Lena....RRRRRR)

Lena's column about the Aussie Open and Kim Clijsters

with google's help:

"The uniqueness of this Australian Open that just four (and before the tournament - and all five of them!) Players on its results can be the first racket of the world. This is the present prima Dane Caroline Wozniacki, and Czech Petra Kvitova, and Belarusian Victoria Azarenka, and our Maria Sharapova. This I do not even remember! All applicants to the throne while confidently go on the grid, but I now would like to point quite another tennis player. Rated it stands now is not so high, and the victory in Melbourne did not lift her on top, but on the game, I think it is probably the best in the world tennis. This, of course, the phenomenal phenomenon - the current Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters.
Why the phenomenal? And who else, say so and triumphantly returned to the incredibly fast left earlier leadership positions? And this after having a baby! If I were asked, is it possible to return to tennis after a two-year absence, and once, just a month, to win the US Open, then I would definitely give a negative answer. But Kim made a miracle - something that no one in modern tennis history failed! This is made possible, in particular, because Clijsters has always been one of the most athletic women's tennis world. Evidently, impact genes: her father was a football player, and my mother - a gymnast.
And here's a new twist of history - again in advance, Kim announced he was leaving the sport. This time - after the 2012 season. Why was the decision? I am very familiar with Kim, we are dealing with more junior events. And she always said that to her family in the first place, that she wants to devote herself to motherhood. But in this great collection of athletes is clearly not enough Olympic medals. Kim herself and does not hide the fact that, in particular, she returned to the sport for the Games in London. But after the goal we can again take the family.
Thus, we see the last Australian Open with Kim. Should be noted that it's great progress during the tournament. The way she played in the first round and yesterday with Hantuhovoy (6:3, 6:2) - this is heaven and earth! I would very much like to see in a quarterfinal meeting with Belgian Wozniacki. I think this match will undoubtedly decorate the tournament. Waiting for it impatiently!"

CROUCHING TIGER
#1954 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 12:37:09 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/87nYY81x0Sg

Moscow under Siberian cold but Elena keeps us warm in her "kitchen":)...

Dartagnan on 2/13/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#1955 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 1:02:50 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/elenadementievastunning.jpg/][/URL]

This is a very nice one...

CROUCHING TIGER
#1956 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:55:22 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/zdSpNfcHvC4

"Breakfast at Elena's"...

paul_pipkin on 2/26/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#1957 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:08:40 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Elena stays "in the picture"...

paul_pipkin on 3/1/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#1958 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 10:31:36 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

(thx to Itzhak-TF)

"Safin, Kafelnikov and Dementieva will take part in the tournament "Legends of Tennis in Moscow"

Ex-first racket of the world Marat Safin and Yevgeny Kafelnikov, and the finalist of "Roland Garros" -2004 Elena Dementieva will play at the showcase tournament "Legends of Tennis in Moscow", which will be held at the National Tennis Centre court named Juan Antonio Samaranch, June 12. Also in the tournament plan to attend the Croatian Goran Ivanisevic, Swiss Martina Hingis and other tennis stars of the past. Recall, the first such tournament was held in "Luzhniki" in the winter of 2010 and in June 2011, he took on the clay courts of the National Tennis Center named Juan Antonio Samaranch. Then, Marat Safin and Yevgeny Kafelnikov competed with Carlos, Goran Ivanisevic and Moyey, won the final victory - 3:2.

http://www.gotennis.ru/read/news/saf..._v_moskve.html

CROUCHING TIGER
#1959 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 8:09:11 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://the-slice.com/2012/03/dementieva-in-march-2012-%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0-%D0%B8-%D0%B7%D0%B4%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8C%D0%B5-magazine/

CROUCHING TIGER
#1960 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:55:57 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

(interview with Lena; credits to MAKA in FB)

Elena Dementieva: "The beauty of a woman is in her eyes"

As the guests for the holiday accommodation we have chosen unanimously as amended Elena Dementieva as the embodiment of femininity and beauty. Especially for you an interview with Olympic champion in tennis.

Nick Ilyin ("BEAUTY & HEALTH"): Even just a half years ago, you are completely owned by tennis (Helen completed a competitive career in the autumn of 2010.. - Ed.). Than it is now filled with your life?

Elena Dementieva: Yes, indeed, until quite recently in my life has been subject only to tennis. Probably the way it should work if you want to achieve something in sport ... I think I did. And his decision to retire, I do not regret it. Now my life is another work, school, my family. I am a student of the Philological Faculty of Moscow State Pedagogical University Department of Journalism. And I like it.

"K & N": You are a columnist for "Soviet Sport" ...

Elena Dementieva: I agreed to be an analyst Grand Slam, held in January in Australia, and wrote for the newspaper "Soviet Sport". Tennis - a sport that I love, which understand, and today's participants and winners of the Australian Open - my good friends, with whom I had recently met on the courts. I found it interesting.
And I'm working on TV NHL, leading the program "Kitchen". Only it's not cooking gear. My mission - to acquaint viewers with the stars of our hockey. And not only with the stars, but just a good and brave guys who have chosen such a dangerous, but very interesting sport. And we have to know so little ..

"B & H": Your husband is a famous hockey player Maxim Afinogenov (Helen married July 16, 2011.. - Ed.). They say that you have left tennis for him. Is this true?

Elena Dementieva: The proportion of truth in this. We met a long time, and my thoughts were about family life. Of course, the sports career for each of us is very important, but wanted more time to be together.

"K & S ': Tell the story of your acquaintance.

Elena Dementieva: I'm not one of those girls who dreamed of a prince. Since childhood I have in the sport, and I just was not up to it. And learn not very fond of. Rarely someone close to fend for themselves. Maxim came out with friends in Paris to look at tennis, "Roland Garros". In my opinion, it was in 2002. There we met. He came all the matches before the finals. I can not say it was love at first sight on my part , but in the stands, I noticed it. (Laughs.)

"K & S ': On the court you have demonstrated an incredible character, showing a hard struggle and sacrifice, but in life give the impression of a sweet and humble girl ...

Elena Dementieva: Of course, sports harden the character, has an iron will, demanding of themselves. Sports at 90% - this character. But I never tried to move the sport in life. Hence, probably, and the impression is formed. Yeah, you know, I'm on the court is not always shown this much rigidity. And just never - aggression. Fight - yes. Always fought to the last. But I have never had a desire once won a crushing score, to finish off an opponent. I felt sorry for him.

"B & H": Tell me about your family. I understand that the most important person for you in life - a mother (Vera S. Dementieva.. - Ed.) ...

Elena Dementieva: Family, in general, the main thing in my life. And my mother - my main man. Of course, I love you and dad, and brother, and they are always ready to support me and help. But my mother - it is much more deeply ... This shoulder vest ... I can say that everything that I achieved in my life, is obliged to her.

"B & H": There are qualities that you would like to borrow from his mother for bringing up your future children?

Elena Dementieva: For the mother there is nothing more important than our children, our problems, success and health. Her selfless love for us. Her desire - always understand, help and forgiveness. In life, she sets out to go to them and relentlessly, demanding the same from us. Hopefully, I can learn from it, raising their future children.

"B & H": How is it that you began to play tennis?

Elena Dementieva: As a child, my mother really wanted to play tennis. Asked the grandmother to write it in the sports section. And our grandmother, far away from sports people, it is a surgeon, took her to the nearest sports club.
And it was the pool! Later, at age 17, my mother she learned to play tennis and played well at the amateur level. But her dream home after all was realized in children.
My brother (he is my senior year), my parents gave to the sport very early. First, for a total of: I - in gymnastics, Seva - in sports. And then tennis. In parallel, we are still studying in special schools, I - in French, and his brother - in mathematics. We practiced with him for a long time in one group. And I think that he was even more talented than me, but definitely not a workaholic. Here's my mom willful decision and took it out of tennis, and I left. After all, sport - it is primarily hard work.

"B & H": When you won the gold at the Olympics in Beijing in 2008, what emotions you are overwhelmed?

Elena Dementieva: As a kid I watched the big tennis tournaments, even could not imagine that I will participate in them. It was a completely different reality.
But the Olympics has always been a special relationship. Participate in the Olympics - the dream of everyone. I do not know why, but I had absolute confidence that I'll be there to play and win.
The first time I got to the Olympics held in Australia in 2000. I am 19 years old, and it was my first season was very successful in professional sports. I have successfully played the strongest series of tournaments and the U.S., arriving in Moscow, just moved over from a plane from New York on a plane to Sydney.
My mother then told at the airport: "Maybe not fly? You're so tired ... "I even took offense:" What do you mean? I'm going for a medal! "It is clear that if I had just started his way in the sport, and no special victories away from me nobody expected. And I won a silver medal! This silver was worth its weight in gold!
In Beijing, I was flying is only for the victory. Planned the entire season with only one goal - to win the Olympics. And of course, happy when it was done. This is the brightest moment in my sporting career and in life!

"B & H": What first taught you sport?

Elena Dementieva: At various stages, I asked my mother the question: "Why did you give me in tennis? I have my children would never have given! "But now I can say that the sport became my school life. Every year I'd better recognize themselves, their capabilities, have learned to endure. Learned to speak a truth.

"K & N": You have these singles. You were never invited to participate in fashion shows?

Elena Dementieva: It is often invited, but I always refused. These are not mine. I like to create the most, but not to fulfill someone else's job. Being a designer, not a model. Being a director, not an actress

"B & H": How do you keep a figure in perfect shape?

Elena Dementieva: It's hard to imagine the motivation of women who are engaged daily in the gym, sitting on a diet, keep a tight rein on themselves. Frankly, I'm not one of those. Just Sports has taught me the proper respect to his body. I still love to play tennis, I love to run, I do not like to sit on the couch watching television.

"B & H": The diets never sat?

Elena Dementieva: No, I'm not fond of diets ever. I think, correct and varied diet - is the foundation of health. And it is good to realize that the food you eat.
Many wonder: only eat vegetables alone, but for some reason, correct? They forget to tell you what a carrot like a mayonnaise sauce

"K & S ': What do you practice the principles of nutrition?

Elena Dementieva: I think the basic principle - a separate power supply. If breakfast is always porridge with raisins and green tea. If lunch meat, with salad instead of potatoes. In my diet a lot of vegetables and fruits.
Again they say: do not eat sweets. Of course, maybe, cakes and pastries are not worth it, but dates, dark chocolate, nuts rule is not necessary

"B & H": What cosmetic procedures you have already tried?

Elena Dementieva: I rarely go to beauty salons. But after the tournament in the scorching sun can not do without wetting the skin.
I think that all kinds of cosmetic procedures are not a panacea, but only one of the components we need in the complex, to look beautiful. We women like self-deception. Each of us is looking for an easier path to perfection. The course of anti-cellulite massage will not cure cellulite. Only a combination of exercise, proper nutrition and cosmetology, you can get the desired effect.

"B & H": Are you for eternal youth or natural?

Elena Dementieva: I'm a natural. And eternal youth may remain in the soul. In general appearance - not the only thing that should interest a woman. It is equally important - to keep an interest in life, the ability to wonder and rejoice.

"K & S ': What do you think of aesthetic medicine?

Elena Dementieva: I'm not very good to know that the best minds and innovations, as well as an enormous funding directed to the improvement now in the field of plastic surgery. Given that there are so many diseases that children are dying. I accept the aesthetic medicine, if there are any defects on the nature or whether they appeared, for example, as a result of the accident - then it is not discussed. A woman's desire to become beautiful by surgery seems to me stupid. But maybe, I do so is seen in my 30 years ...
The beauty of a woman in her eyes happy eyes. For example, you'll be second Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford, but your sad eyes do not hide any surgeon.

"K & N": You have beautiful long hair. For what you could have a haircut or a disguise?

Elena Dementieva: Thank you. I have many times offered to advertise shampoos, hair dyes, but one of the mandatory conditions of the contract was either dye my hair or change her hairstyle. I do not agree. I like the natural color of my hair and do not want anything to change. That's only one time in my life when I was 16, I dyed blue! (Laughs.)

"B & H": How do you decide on this?

Elena Dementieva: I then won the Orange Ball - Junior World Championships in tennis, it was held in Miami. At a press conference American journalists asked me: "What would you do if you win?" I do not really believe in his victory and said: "The hair dye in blue!" She said - I did. (Laughs.) flew home - blue hair, black nails. Can you imagine? Houses were all in shock. We had a short haircut. Here is a unique experiment for 30 years with the appearance I had.

"K & N": You have visited many countries. Where is the most beautiful women?

Elena Dementieva: Can I have an objective answer to this question? (Laughs) Actually it is better to ask men. Women are very different: French - naturally, they have charm, they are intelligent, educated, with a good time, I think. American Beauty - a standard Barbie doll features, be sure to blonde. Russian women - very emotional, they can not be brought under one type.

"B & H": What is the main purpose of women?

Elena Dementieva: Of course, motherhood. For women, greater happiness does not exist! I dream about children.

"B & H": The sign of the zodiac you are Libra. (Maca: the best sign in the zodiac ) In one of the horoscopes I read that Libra is inherent in the aesthetic contemplation of the world. To you it is possible to apply?

Elena Dementieva: Probably, yes. In general, if we talk about the signs of the zodiac, I'm very interested in the family turned out. Mum - The Lion and the Pope - Virgo. I was in the middle.
My mother - a force of energy. Dad - the eternal calm. I always say, never will be meeting with the man under the sign of Virgo. I like energetic people! And my husband and my father were born in one day. (Laughs.) I have been assured, never say "never"! A Libra - is not only contemplation, but also a heightened sense of justice.

"K & N": You are by nature a philosopher?

Elena Dementieva: In each of us is a philosopher. And everyone in life itself comes to many things, about which wrote renowned thinkers

"B & H": Your wishes to our readers in honor of March 8th ...

Elena Dementieva: Russian women, I think Nedodaev love, devotion, understanding ... And they all deserve it! After all, a lot rests on them. Therefore, I wish to finally have a man that can appreciate our women!

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 3/10/2012(UTC), Dartagnan on 3/10/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#1961 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:00:12 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/44964.jpg/][/URL]

Sorry, Makatieva, that should be TENNISFORUM instead of FB(must be my inside feelings when handling Lenochka:))

paul_pipkin on 3/10/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#1962 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 11:48:08 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/E44AO3lw58E

All this happened in Elena's "kyxhr"...

(thx Maka)