logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

THANKS MARIA ! ! <3 ! ! BNP Showdown
TheVinnys
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:02:20 PM(UTC)
TheVinnys

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Thank You ,  Maria ! 
IT WAS IN 2005
Maria Sharapova defeated  4-6, 6-4, 7-5 Anna Chakvetadze at the JP Morgan Chase Open in
Los Angeles, I watched this on TV early in the am and it changed my health and life forever.
Maria lost the 1st set and looked down, out and defeated much like I felt about my health. Maria started the 2nd set and looked reborn and in total control . She won the next 2 sets and the match
and the feelings of passion, inspiration and fight began. I would watch Maria in future matches to gain those awesome powerful feelings. The 1st warm day my son and I took our old tennis gear to the courts and started hitting some balls to each other for fun. We were quite horrible but had a blast. People would watch us and laugh so hard,  After an hour of running around I was sweating, tired and felt quite accomplished. We would continue this every day the weather would allow. We started out just getting the ball over the net to weeks later hitting at a good pace. Unable to serve well we would just play matches for hours getting in shape and working out. Months later we lost 15 lbs each, our breathing and lungs free from toxins and it felt amazing,   We start a regimen of healthy eating, drinking water and working out. We cut out all high fructose corn syrup, fat and sugar. By the next summer we were both 25 lbs lighter, in awesome shape and better tennis players. All through this Maria's matches and majors were a huge part of our success and inspiration.  I must also state that I was diagnosed with 2 herniated discs, failed back surgery syndrome and spinal stenosis. My doctors told me I would never run or play sports again.  Hmm  Oh Well .  After a match I can hardly move and have to rest and rehab my legs ect but it's well worth it,  We average about 100 matches a year and we would play more but we live in NJ,  My son is now 20 and we play tennis every single day that the weather allows us to. We are much better players and diehard tennis fans,  In 2010 we went to The US Open and watched Maria defeat her opponent after being down a set again coming back and winning 2 sets to 1. It was 102 degrees and we were there till 9pm watching the day sessions in record breaking heat, it was quite amazing. Over the years we watched Maria regularly and we were devastated over her major shoulder surgery, But after hearing Maria talk and say she'll be back there was doubt the she would return as you could hear the determination in her voice. Once again giving us an amazing story to watch and see her determination and hard work pay off as she was one match away from winning the last 2 out of 3 majors and the only female tennis player to pull that off coming back from major shoulder surgery.   I still have constant pain and those disc problems in my back but because of Maria's passion and inspiration I am able to play a sport I love and have a semi charmed life ;)
We are preparing to see Maria and our other fav tennis star Roger Federer at the BNP Showdown at New York's Madison Square Garden in New York City Monday Night ,, and we can't wait !   We have horrible seats but happy to be able to be in the Arena, Then Tuesday Morning we start our 8th tennis pre season , It's a Wonderful Life ,
Thanks Maria ! 

The Vinnys 

http://www.myspace.com/thevinnys

Maria Sharapova " Come On ! " whenever I need help I think of Maria on court yelling this ;)
it works wonders .....
1 user thanked TheVinnys for this useful post.
<3Maria Sharapova on 3/6/2012(UTC)
shrapilova
#2 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 1:12:47 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
How nice to hear the story of Your life
and the nice words towards Maria.
She is the inspiration for all of her hardcore fans.
I don't want to miss it.
I don't want to think that the day will come
when Maria will not play anymore.
Se became a part of my life.

1 user thanked shrapilova for this useful post.
<3Maria Sharapova on 3/6/2012(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:35:26 AM(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Great story! Nice to hear that!