logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DOHA, Dubai and All the Other BIG Events.
Philli
#1 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 1:48:37 PM(UTC)
Philli

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

I dont know how many have been following DOHA this week, apart from Paul and Tiger, but It has been an absoluteloy brilliant week of Tennis of the highest quailty.  Fast intense games being executed by even the lowest ranked players.   Really great stuff.... And next week will be even better in Dubai.  Next week 9 of the Top Ten players are due to play and..... guess who is conspicious by her absence?  You Guessed it....Miss 'I'd rather be wandering around New York in 5 inch heels, than sweating my ass off on a Tennis court'.

Well, Maria, I have news for you.   You wont be missed a bit.  The Quality of Tennis we have been watching this week, and will be again next week is far beyond that which you can produce.  Your slow boring game is just not required, it would only dampen the proceedings.  You just get your ass comfy on the patio of your beach house and dream of being a fashion model.  Leave the tennis up to those players who give 120% ALL THE TIME.

1 user thanked Philli for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 2/18/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:17:12 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2869 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
Bit(tiny bit) harsh on lovely Masha. I agree on the over-the-top "FASHION"-pics(why not FB?)

but i would've liked to see her in the "sandbattles". Lots of fans AND just plain tennislovers

must miss her there and that u know very much honeybunch:) XXX

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Ihumanluvmariasharapova419
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:40:57 AM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post

I dont know how many have been following DOHA this week, apart from Paul and Tiger, but It has been an absoluteloy brilliant week of Tennis of the highest quailty.  Fast intense games being executed by even the lowest ranked players.   Really great stuff.... And next week will be even better in Dubai.  Next week 9 of the Top Ten players are due to play and..... guess who is conspicious by her absence?  You Guessed it....Miss 'I'd rather be wandering around New York in 5 inch heels, than sweating my ass off on a Tennis court'.

Well, Maria, I have news for you.   You wont be missed a bit.  The Quality of Tennis we have been watching this week, and will be again next week is far beyond that which you can produce.  Your slow boring game is just not required, it would only dampen the proceedings.  You just get your ass comfy on the patio of your beach house and dream of being a fashion model.  Leave the tennis up to those players who give 120% ALL THE TIME.

That's very harsh, and by the way, Vera, Li, and Andrea aren't playing, so actually there are 4 out of the top 10 players who are not plaaying ub Dubai.

Philli
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:47:17 PM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Yes you are right. All three of them are out INJURED. Laziness is not an injury. I'm tired of all of Maria's bullshit interviews when tells everybody how dedicated she is to Tennis and how much she loves playing. That's a load of crap. It's about the interviewers woke up to her rubbish.
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:31:53 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post
Yes you are right. All three of them are out INJURED. Laziness is not an injury. I'm tired of all of Maria's bullshit interviews when tells everybody how dedicated she is to Tennis and how much she loves playing. That's a load of crap. It's about the interviewers woke up to her rubbish.

Maria obviously does love tennis, or else she woun't be playing at all. She has mroe than enough money to retire, she doesn't need to continue her tennis life anymore if she doesn't want to. But she does. Why? Because she loves it and she's determined to win. OK, maybe she doesn't play as much as the other players, but she does have a life outside tennis, and I respect that.

ipo2
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:55:08 PM(UTC)

Philli, you are talking nonsense. She has come back from a career threatening injury to Top 3 in the world. She reached the final of the AO without playing for several weeks and no warm-up tournaments. Unlike you I didnt think the Doha Tornament was very good. Unless Maria and Kvitova are there, there was no one going to challenge Azarenka
and a lot of the matches were, frankly , tedious.
Obviously the wandering around NYC etc doesnt stop her reaching Grand Slam Finals !! How many have you reached ?
Freedom23
#8 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 11:27:47 AM(UTC)
Freedom23

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

My prediction with Azarenka is that she goes on to win Dubai. Commentators and fans will praise her and say she is unstoppable and will win the Olympics, but when Miami rolls around, she'll lose. The only player in Dubai that threatens her is sadly, Wozniacki. Exactly. I don't see Wozniacki beating anybody in the top 20 at this point. Off topic time: I just have this big feeling Maria is not done yet. Last year she came to Indian Wells with everybody doubting her but it was that tournament she reinvented herself. I hope this means this year, when Indian Wells comes around, Maria's clicks in another level. She's gotten over the Kvitova hurdle, now it's the Azarenka hurdle. Keep improving Masha.

Peace and love.

Integrity is the best policy.

shrapilova
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:16:51 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Tweet

Azarenka downplays racket over noise levels
AP - Monday, February 20, 2012

DOHA, Qatar (AP)—Victoria Azarenka isn’t about to stop her hooting and believes the ruckus about the noises players make during matches is a big fuss about nothing.

The top-ranked Belarusian drew attention during her run to the Australian Open title for the high-pitched sound she makes when she hits the ball, with some fans at Rod Laver Arena even mimicking the noise that sounds like a hooting owl.

“It will be with me for my entire career. But let me put it this way: do you snore?” Azarenka asked one reporter on Sunday after winning the Qatar Open. “Can you control that? … There are ways but you still snore. Right? So it’s natural to you, right? So that’s natural to me, too. The way I play tennis. That’s it.”

The issue has attracted the attention of the WTA. The governing body of women’s tennis plans to look at ways of reducing the noise levels made by players, an issue it says has become “bothersome” for supporters.

Currently, the umpire can penalize a player for “a deliberate act” of hindrance, but the rule is rarely enforced for grunting.

In the midst of a 17-game winning streak, Azarenka said the noise she makes started as a way to give her extra power. The woman she beat to win the Australian Open, Maria Sharapova, grunts loudly when hitting the ball.

The 22-year-old Azarenka said the issue is overblown, insisting no other player has taken her to task over it.

“I’m not the one who’s going to stop it. I’m not looking for that. For me, I’m the way I am,” she said.

“I cannot speak for any other players. Not one player ever came up to me and said, `Hey, stop doing that,”’ she said. “If somebody wants to blame: `Oh, I lost this match because she’s grunting or whatever.’ You know, it’s up to them. I think they’re just weak people.”

Several players have complained about the practice, though no one has singled out Azarenka.

Caroline Wozniacki, whom Azarenka replaced at No. 1, said in October that she thought “there are some players who do it on purpose.”

Sixth-ranked Agnieszka Radwanska said at the Australian Open that she was used to Azarenka’s hooting but felt Sharapova’s grunts are too loud.

“Of course everybody can make some noise. This is tennis,” Radwanska said. “But I think it’s just too loud. I don’t think it’s very necessary to scream that loud. So if they (the WTA) want to do something, why not?”

All the envious bitches are there.
( super bitches Azarenka and Radwanska )
Good that Maria isn't part of these
bitches sessions.
She is always polite and never spreading shit like they do.

Hope Azarenka gets abased soon and gets moved
from her throne.
CROUCHING TIGER
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:52:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2869 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
http://www.humo.be/fotos...ller-tijden-fotospecial

I also sell stuff...(delivery costs not included)...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 2/22/2012(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:50:29 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shrapilova Go to Quoted Post
Tweet Azarenka downplays racket over noise levels AP - Monday, February 20, 2012 ------------------------------ DOHA, Qatar (AP)—Victoria Azarenka isn’t about to stop her hooting and believes the ruckus about the noises players make during matches is a big fuss about nothing. The top-ranked Belarusian drew attention during her run to the Australian Open title for the high-pitched sound she makes when she hits the ball, with some fans at Rod Laver Arena even mimicking the noise that sounds like a hooting owl. “It will be with me for my entire career. But let me put it this way: do you snore?” Azarenka asked one reporter on Sunday after winning the Qatar Open. “Can you control that? … There are ways but you still snore. Right? So it’s natural to you, right? So that’s natural to me, too. The way I play tennis. That’s it.” The issue has attracted the attention of the WTA. The governing body of women’s tennis plans to look at ways of reducing the noise levels made by players, an issue it says has become “bothersome” for supporters. Currently, the umpire can penalize a player for “a deliberate act” of hindrance, but the rule is rarely enforced for grunting. In the midst of a 17-game winning streak, Azarenka said the noise she makes started as a way to give her extra power. The woman she beat to win the Australian Open, Maria Sharapova, grunts loudly when hitting the ball. The 22-year-old Azarenka said the issue is overblown, insisting no other player has taken her to task over it. “I’m not the one who’s going to stop it. I’m not looking for that. For me, I’m the way I am,” she said. “I cannot speak for any other players. Not one player ever came up to me and said, `Hey, stop doing that,”’ she said. “If somebody wants to blame: `Oh, I lost this match because she’s grunting or whatever.’ You know, it’s up to them. I think they’re just weak people.” Several players have complained about the practice, though no one has singled out Azarenka. Caroline Wozniacki, whom Azarenka replaced at No. 1, said in October that she thought “there are some players who do it on purpose.” Sixth-ranked Agnieszka Radwanska said at the Australian Open that she was used to Azarenka’s hooting but felt Sharapova’s grunts are too loud. “Of course everybody can make some noise. This is tennis,” Radwanska said. “But I think it’s just too loud. I don’t think it’s very necessary to scream that loud. So if they (the WTA) want to do something, why not?” ---------------------------------- All the envious bitches are there. ( super bitches Azarenka and Radwanska ) Good that Maria isn't part of these bitches sessions. She is always polite and never spreading shit like they do. Hope Azarenka gets abased soon and gets moved from her throne.

shrapi, the "noise concerns" have only EVER been about ONE THING: gratuitous sh!t-picking to denigrate Russian and other Eastern players--right now, Masha & Vika above all.

Expect this babble to increase as the Yankees work to undermine tennis in the Olympics (part of a larger scheme to destroy the Games themselves).

That said, let me add I don't think my country's master class expected to move on this so soon. But they hadn't foreseen the Great Revolt against the 1% would spread so fast. Perception will be the beginning of the end for multcorps capitalism represents the doom of an "Amerikan Empire". Response of DC & NYC will be to move as fast as possible to reignite a cold war with Russia & the East.

Their sportspimps follow suit, as will those of the Brits, Aussies, Israelis, Germans, and other Amerikan lickspittles globally. This is the hand destiny has dealt your generation.

Pick which side you are on and don't credit their propagandistic trash-talk, ANY of it. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 2/22/2012(UTC)
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:13:18 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ipo2 Go to Quoted Post
Philli, you are talking nonsense. She has come back from a career threatening injury to Top 3 in the world. She reached the final of the AO without playing for several weeks and no warm-up tournaments. Unlike you I didnt think the Doha Tornament was very good. Unless Maria and Kvitova are there, there was no one going to challenge Azarenka
and a lot of the matches were, frankly , tedious.
Obviously the wandering around NYC etc doesnt stop her reaching Grand Slam Finals !! How many have you reached ?

I totally agree, Maria is one the best and will continue to improve and very soon will lift a GS trophy.

shrapilova
#12 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 12:13:25 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I repeat myself but I only can say :

BITCHES and BAD LOOSERS:

Radwanska lost 'lot of respect' for Azarenka
Ticker - Thursday, February 23, 2012

Agnieszka Radwanska rips Victoria Azarenka for allegedly exaggerating injuries during the world No. 1’s semifinal victory over her in Doha last week. The 22-year-old Pole said she was "angry" with Azarenka, who has beaten her three times this year. Interestingly, the two have socialized and both are good friends with Caroline Wozniacki.

At times during the match, Azarenka—who suffered an ankle injury that eventually caused her to pull out of Dubai—was hobbling and appeared to be wincing in pain. Radwanska and Azarenka barely touched hands after the match and made no eye contact. Azarenka swept Samantha Stosur the next day to win the title.

"I think after this match....just lost a lot of respect," Radwanska told reporters in Dubai. "I was angry because I don't think this is the great image for the women's tennis, what was going on there."—Matt Cronin

And a second opinion :

Wish Radwanska can make the final in Dubai against her " DEAR " friend Wozniacki.

Suppose it would be the end of the friendship.
#13 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 4:20:33 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: shrapilova Go to Quoted Post
I repeat myself but I only can say : BITCHES and BAD LOOSERS: ____________________________________________________________________________ Radwanska lost 'lot of respect' for Azarenka Ticker - Thursday, February 23, 2012 Agnieszka Radwanska rips Victoria Azarenka for allegedly exaggerating injuries during the world No. 1’s semifinal victory over her in Doha last week. The 22-year-old Pole said she was "angry" with Azarenka, who has beaten her three times this year. Interestingly, the two have socialized and both are good friends with Caroline Wozniacki. At times during the match, Azarenka—who suffered an ankle injury that eventually caused her to pull out of Dubai—was hobbling and appeared to be wincing in pain. Radwanska and Azarenka barely touched hands after the match and made no eye contact. Azarenka swept Samantha Stosur the next day to win the title. "I think after this match....just lost a lot of respect," Radwanska told reporters in Dubai. "I was angry because I don't think this is the great image for the women's tennis, what was going on there."—Matt Cronin ____________________________________________________________________ And a second opinion : Wish Radwanska can make the final in Dubai against her " DEAR " friend Wozniacki. Suppose it would be the end of the friendship.

Ugh Radwanska annoys the crap out of me. Didn't she just say she had no problem with her grunt? What is wrong with her, she's just insulting those players who she can't beat because they're so muh better and it makes it her feel better... UGH.