logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Marat Safin, Deputy of the State Duma
paul_pipkin
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2011 2:23:42 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Marat Safin Trying To Achieve In Politics At The Same Level As In Tennis

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Nazar
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:24:48 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

I am shure, Marat can do a lot of positive things though it will not be easy for him,cos he is a type of person who is very straight and always says what he thinks!!! Tarpischev knows this too and he supports Marat personally,this could be vital factor and it makes Marat the strong candidate

"Optimists find good things"-Robert De Niro
paul_pipkin
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:53:55 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Hey, maybe Marat can get Shamil's tennis budget outta the Duma. lol

Y'know, until I was trolling for more on his candidacy, I had totally missed the fact that Marat is Muslim. His mother, yeah, but I guess I'd not ever thought about it. Somehow that surprised me.

paul_pipkin
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2011 10:58:04 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Image Pete Sampras: Safin will become president of Russia

October 31, 2011, 06:33 

Former world number first American Pete Sampras gave his opinion on what well-known former tennis player Marat Safin has decided to go into politics.

"Marat - a very intelligent man with a well-delivered voice - he's an excellent speaker, so I think it's great that he decided to enter the State Duma of Russia. I think that his ability to do a great job - people love it, and it is half of what it takes to become a politician. He is very young, and cool to see in him the passion to pursue the case. I think in the next 20 years he will become president of Russia "- quipped Sampras.

paul_pipkin
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 5:52:38 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Safin: long pondered whether to go into politics

Former world number first Russian Marat Safin, who was elected to the State Duma of Russia, spoke about his decision to start a political career. "Over the past two years my life has changed dramatically. I found myself in a situation where I needed to make really important decisions. It all started with one little thing, and it grew into something more. I could just advertise a particular party, but I'm not used to do so. I have long wondered whether I should go into politics. Now I have no doubt that I wanted to do it. In Over the next five years, I will work every day, sitting in the office and solving people's problems. I'm the same way as in tennis, there will be good days and bad. So I kind of feel like going to court "- leads words Safin's official ATP site .  

http://www.championat.com/tennis/news-1016227-safin-dolgo-razmyshljal-stoit-li-idti-v-politiku.html 
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 12/7/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:33:30 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

paul_pipkin;311643 wrote:

Image Pete Sampras: Safin will become president of Russia

October 31, 2011, 06:33 

Former world number first American Pete Sampras gave his opinion on what well-known former tennis player Marat Safin has decided to go into politics.

"Marat - a very intelligent man with a well-delivered voice - he's an excellent speaker, so I think it's great that he decided to enter the State Duma of Russia. I think that his ability to do a great job - people love it, and it is half of what it takes to become a politician. He is very young, and cool to see in him the passion to pursue the case. I think in the next 20 years he will become president of Russia "- quipped Sampras.

I don't think that Safin will be a president. But he can try to be a politician. It is not an easy job, you need experience in this field.

In life it is better to have a normal job than to be a politician. If you are a politician for money so you will be the worst politician in the world. if you are a politician for helping people so you will be a good person. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:34:28 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Congratulations, Marat!

Exalted Champion, vice president of RTF and State Duma deputy Marat Safin celebrates 32nd birthday. We wish you good health, prospty and good luck in all your endeavors!