logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
KONTRAKT WITH KAZAKHSTAN -- Shvedova, Voskoboeva, etc
paul_pipkin
#81 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 2:33:44 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

For the Glorious Nation! For the kontraktniki! 

As she had intimated at Kremlin Cup, Pervak appears to have taken the contract:

Ksenia Pervak ​​now considered representative of Kazakhstan

The official website of WTA now lists the 20-year-old Russian woman Ksenia Pervak ​​as the representative of Kazakhstan. In addition to this change, the tennis player decided to change the spelling of her name in English - Xeniya instead of Ksenia. Pervak ​​was born May 27, 1991 in Chelyabinsk, and has won a WTA trophy . At the moment, tennis player lives in Moscow and Berlin. December 23, 2011, Friday. 0:56

http://www.championat.co...elnicej-kazakhstana.html

Xeniya Pervak -- all grown up now. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Alireza on 9/12/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#82 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 8:57:24 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

The official website of WTA now lists the 20-year-old Russian woman Ksenia Pervak ​​as the representative of Kazakhstan. In addition to this change, the tennis player decided to change the spelling of her name in English - Xeniya instead of Ksenia. Pervak ​​was born May 27, 1991 in Chelyabinsk, and has won a WTA trophy . At the moment, tennis player lives in Moscow and Berlin. December 23, 2011, Friday. 0:56

It is a good news!!! 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

PodgeMcQ
#84 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:56:04 PM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Dyachenko, "If the proposed conditions - would play for Kazakhstan"

Russian tennis player Vitaly Dyachenko on the eve of the start of Australian Open said in an interview Eurosport.ru, how to competently carry out acclimatization, how it lives after the second round, "Roland Garros", and that we should offer the Russian athlete, so he changed his citizenship.

"BETTER TO JUST INJURED MENISCI"

- What the doctors say, when we see you in the game?

- Earlier in May will not be able to start training. Accordingly, the play will begin as dial shape.

- A year ago you had a stress fracture, now what?

- The "Kremlin Cup" slipped and fell on his knee, damaged meniscus, cruciate ligament and lateral.

- Complete.

- If you would be just the meniscus, it would be just fine. Again, I miss Australia - at the end of the year always something happening.

- How to spend your time on the sidelines?

- I'll be watching the Australian Open. And every day I spend six hours on the procedure, a fitness room. I do not watch movies, do not read the book - all the time spent on rehabilitation. Plus, always ride with my brother, he engaged in hockey.

- In the middle of last year, you changed the coach, an injury will affect your relationship?

- No, it does not affect. This trainer I really like. If you tell the difference with the Russian masters, it is simply colossal.While I was working with good professionals. With Gary Kahallom I train between tournaments, plus it will go with me to the "Grand Slam".

"Day and night Do not confuse"

- In some unusual places you have already recorded the tennis career? What most horrified? Was this, I wanted to collect bags and leave?

- Probably, this is my first trip abroad in 12 years - in South Africa, the city of Sun City. Apart from Australia, this is a long flight. Surprised that there was very beautiful. Do not expect that to be so good. Lunch with the monkeys and peacocks, it was great. When on safari, rode beside the lions walked, but was not scared.

- Sometimes, when you come to the tournament, and no organization, and one desire - to leave quickly?

Interview with Dyachenko - Tennis - AusOpen

- This, to collect things - was not. But sometimes, when the play is unpleasant. But it was mainly in tournaments ITF, the WTA is a good organization. In England, this often happens with transport problems, with courts, with the hotel - had to move directly to the tournament. The game had to go with things after it - move. But it depends on the level of competition.

- How do you pass the process of acclimatization? With such hops day and night begin to confuse?

- I was not like this. But the difference in time and the weather really affect. If you fly from Moscow to Australia one day come to be. For a full week of acclimatization is necessary or even two. Last year I went to Australia for the first time, there were problems - came a few days due to the fact that the treated leg. And as a result of the rain is almost trained - only room for one hour a day. Entered the match - wild hot.

Most important is sleep, sleep for 9-10 hours. The main thing is to go on time, not whenever you want. And having arrived at a different time zone, one must live according to local time.

- Enough time to see a country town?

- There is not enough, especially in tournaments, which last week. Turns to look, only if the plane the next day after the tournament. Here at the "Grand Slam" it turns out, there are a lot of time. But I have no special plan to visit some places not only wish to go somewhere - to go to an amusement park.

- It is necessary to watch the tournament, if it ends prematurely?

- I want to leave immediately - or train, or home. I do not want to stay there. I am leaving the next day.

"NOT going to fly AWAY FOR ONE TOURNAMENT"

- Who sets the task for the season - you yourself, coach, sponsors?

- I am a coach, with his parents. I have no sponsors, my sponsors - they are my parents.

- The second round, "Roland Garros" 2009 - the highest point of your career so far?

- Not the highest, of course. A pleasant memory. It was my first tournament "Grand Slam", turned like normal. After this had been some injuries.

- How has your life after him?

- I realized what actually level, what we should strive. And like nothing has changed. Just want to play better and better.

- The most serious rival, who beat you in your career?

- Maybe Petkovic two years ago.

- Worst mistake?

- Wimbledon 2011 first-round match with Gantuhovoy when I stayed a couple of points from victory. Game was good, but I did not have quite a bit.

- Can we call your traumatic consequence of the transition to adult tennis?

- No, rather it is a consequence of inattention to the body, did not listen in time, when something began to hurt and bother.At the "Kremlin Cup" I've had problems with his feet in the first match and then got worse and worse. Were thought to withdraw from the tournament, but did not dare.

- Last year you won in Astana. When tennis players give up their tournaments ITF?

- I have a feeling that every year more and more tennis players go to the ITF. In that year, I've seen on these tournaments tennis players of the thirty, many of those included in the Top 50. And those who took place from 50 th to 100 th, in general, always playing. But there are those who have health permits, or who need to correct the rating.

- And it can be costly in financial terms?

- Of course, if you go to a tournament where you do not pay for room and board, it can be costly. But many have sponsors who are tennis players can afford to go to Australia, then to America. I do not use this schedule, I prefer to play, which is closer and more convenient.

- In your case, it is also associated with attention to health.

- Of course, I do not consider it necessary to fly somewhere far away in a tournament. Unless he's one of the most serious.

"Serena - my idol"

- You said you would like to meet with Ovechkin or Malkin - how such a desire?

- I'm a fan of hockey. Now, for example, do not miss a single match of his brother, who plays for the "Rus" and listed in a national team of the year, very interesting.

- After Kirilenko did not try to go to Alexander?

- I hope that when my brother is older and will be playing in adult team ...

- ... Already Kirilenko will ask you to acquaint with my brother?

- Да-да ( смеется ).

- By the way, why are you so formspring often asked, do you know Sergei Demekhin ( ex-mentor, Vera Zvonareva . - Note. Eurosport . RU )?

- I do not know. Naturally, we know, were in a club, the tournaments are often encountered. Apparently, it is interesting to people.

- Sharapova recently said that despite the Kvitovoy feels his grandmother in tennis. Who are you feel?

- Junior, who can not deal with their trauma.

- You do set itself the task of, say, to win the tournament, "BS" up to 25 years?

- As regards the "Grand Slam" was not intended. There were problems with respect to rating - enter a specific top up to 20 years. But because of some injury problems are removed, others appear. And in 2011, were the goals go in a hundred, then the Top 80, so this year is to play everywhere. But once again have to postpone.

- Who is your tennis idol?

Serena Williams . Like her style of play.

- I would like to "steal" her bekhend?

- I'd rather my improved. I do not want to copy anything, besides, everyone has their own technique. I play with two hands is absolutely no way she did.

"In other federations pay more attention to tennis players"

- Who is your tennis friend?

- Friends in tennis a little. I communicate very well with our Russian girls, Lena and Vesnina.

- Discuss tennis, or, conversely, do not talk about it a word?

- With someone talking. The more experienced tennis player tells me when I first meet with a rival, against whom they have played.

- And there is the envy of women's tennis? The bases are then?

- No, never heard of the bases. At the Junior level, maybe someone can and do something. Cut the string, for example.But it is 5-6 years.

Ksenia Pervak ​​recently changed its citizenship. The leaders of our tennis spoke very earnestly. As tennis players react to this?

- They must be all the same. Is not it? Do not they also go. This person must decide for himself that faces such a choice.But if he is paid the money, providing good conditions, and why not? Many would have moved if they would offer good conditions.

- And you would have passed?

- I would think about it. Once would have cast such an option. If it was really good offer, why not.

- It turns out that the concept of citizenship in tennis is not so strong.

- It's in Russia can be so easily change citizenship. Other federations more attentive to their athletes. If we were offered good conditions in Russia, who would have passed?

- What circumstance would cause you to change the tennis citizenship?

- If I was given a coach who went to be with me, have organized a training process and funding - could be safely crossed.

In Russian: http://www.eurosport.ru/...2/story_sto3104690.shtml

paul_pipkin
#83 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 6:27:45 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Miami: Xeniya Pervak (KAZ) d. (11) Francesca Schiavone (ITA) 64 46 75  

paul_pipkin
#85 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:46:22 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

'Slava is such a beautiful, graceful woman.  

A chat with Y. Schvedova

paul_pipkin
#86 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:54:08 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

'Slava defs Sara Errani 60 64 to go to the fourth round of Wimbledon. The first was a "Golden Set"--Shvedova won 100% of her serve points. Errani won none.

Again, the crowd loves her--to the consternation of trash-mouth Doug Adler, who then  brought on an Italian side-kick to commentate the precidted turnaround that didn't happen. At one point, the director rushed into the booth to tune up their "spin" for them. lol These fools are ABSURD.

MOLODYETS, 'Slava!  

Shvedova's historic Golden Set helps sink Errani

LONDON — Yaroslava Shvedova completed the first Golden Set in Grand Slam history as the Kazakh wildcard won all 24 points and conceded none in a 6-0 first set whitewash en route to defeating French Open runner-up Sara Errani in the Wimbledon third round on Saturday.

Shvedova, the world number 65, hit 14 winners and took just 15 minutes to demolish Italian 10th seed Errani in an incredible first set on Court Three.

The 24-year-old, the Wimbledon doubles champion in 2010 and twice a French Open quarter-finalist, couldn't dominate quite so emphatically in the second set.

But she still landed the decisive break to secure a 6-0, 6-4 victory in 57 minutes.

Shvedova became the first qualifier to defeat a Grand Slam defending champion when she shocked China's Li Na at the recent French Open.

Now she has made another piece of history and will face four-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams for a place in the last eight.

4 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 6/30/2012(UTC), Dartagnan on 6/30/2012(UTC), frida on 2/26/2013(UTC), Alireza on 9/12/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#87 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:47:13 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Galina won a doubles.  

MLADENOVIĆ & VOSKOBOEVA RULE MEMPHIS 

http://www.wtatennis.com...-voskoboeva-rule-memphis

3 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 2/26/2013(UTC), frida on 2/26/2013(UTC), Alireza on 9/12/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#88 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 10:27:28 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Goerges & Shvedova Safely Into Second Round

Julia Goerges and Yaroslava Shvedova were victorious as doubles play got underway on Wednesday at the BNP Paribas Open.

Published March 06, 2013 11:08

Goerges & Shvedova Safely Into Second Round          
Julia Goerges, Yaroslava Shvedova

INDIAN WELLS, CA, USA - Julia Goerges and Yaroslava Shvedova were one of two winning duos on a light day of first round doubles action Wednesday at the BNP Paribas Open.

In Goerges and Shvedova's only previous outing, they were runners-up in Auckland. They launched their Indian Wells campaign with a 62 76(1) defeat of Natalie Grandin and Vladimira Uhlirova.

Goerges has four WTA doubles titles to her name, and Shvedova has seven, one of which came just last week in Florianopolis alongside Anabel Medina Garrigues. Shvedova's greatest success has come with Vania King, with whom she has four titles, including Wimbledon and the US Open in 2012.

Interestingly enough, Shvedova could play King and Monica Niculescu in the second round here if the American-Romanian duo gets past fourth-seeded Russians Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina in their opener.

3 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
nazanine on 3/7/2013(UTC), frida on 3/7/2013(UTC), Alireza on 9/12/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#89 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:11:14 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Unless the USO are just pulling some real shit, (always possible), the kontrakt need no longer be for fully three years. Ksenia Pervak represented KAZ since Dec 2011 (32 months ago), but is wearing Russian colors at the USO & is shown as again representing Russia.

Ksenia Pervak                            Residence: Moscow, Russia          Date of Birth:  27 May 1991          Birthplace: Chelyabinsk, Russia          Height: 5' 7" (1.70 m)          Weight: 132 lbs. (60 kg)         

http://www.wtatennis.com...vak#sthash.zbPFbDP5.dpuf

2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/23/2013(UTC), Alireza on 9/12/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#90 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:28:04 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
TASHKENT OPEN is a little "BIG" tourney;filled with tradition; excellent players and still HONEST...

Please follow here...http://www.tashkentopen.uz/ (details as always in "LIVE TENNIS")...enjoy:)

TASHKENT, Uzbekistan - The tightest match at the Tashkent Open on Tuesday saw Vesna Dolonc rally in both sets to edge former World No.25 Yaroslava Shvedova and advance to the second round.

Watch Québec City & Tashkent this week on WTA Live powered by TennisTV!

Dolonc was down 5-2 in the first set and faced a set point at 5-3, another at 6-5 and two more at 6-4 in the tie-break, but fought back each time and pulled out the set. And with the eighth-seeded Shvedova serving for the second set at 5-4, Dolonc broke, held and broke for the 76(6) 75 victory.

"Yaroslava and I were practicing with each other before the US Open and both of us know each other's games," Dolonc said. "Shvedova is a high-level player and a good server, so I had to be sharp. I was a slow starter and was lucky to get through. I'll need to wake up earlier in my future matches before it's too late!

"It has been six years that I have been playing the Tashkent Open. It has become a tradition for me to play here. I like it here and have good memories. I was a finalist in doubles last year. A title this year would be even more memorable."

In the other match involving a seeded player, seventh-seeded Galina Voskoboeva was a 63 64 winner over Maryna Zanevska.

Also moving on was Petra Cetkovska, who converted on all five of her break point opportunities in her 62 76(2) defeat of Nigina Abduraimova.

"I'm happy to have gotten through the first round," Cetkovska said. "Compliments to Nigina. She is a talented player and I didn't know what to expect from her. I am pleased with the way I played."

Cetkovska is playing just her sixth WTA main draw this year as she continues her comeback from various injuries.

"I went through a tough time being out for nine months due to a lot of injuries on my knees and foot," Cetkovska said. "It takes time to come back, but now I feel better and stronger with each passing day. My aim is to prevent any more injuries, keep myself fit and get back to the Top 100 by the end of the year."

The day wasn't a total loss for Shvedova, as she and Timea Babos, the No.1 seeds in doubles, won their opener. Also advancing were No.2 seeds Olga Govortsova and Mandy Minella.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 9/10/2013(UTC), Alireza on 9/12/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#91 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:29:20 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

TASHKENT ROUND TWO...results

[1] [Q] Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) bt Misaki Doi (JPN) 6-2,7-5
[7] Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ) bt Julia Glushko (ISR) 6-3,6-1
[3] Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) bt Petra Cetkovska (CZE) 7-5,6-4
Maria -Teresa Torro-Flor (ESP) bt [6] Irina - Camelia Begu (ROU) 6-1,7-5
[5] Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) vs Nadiya Kichenok (UKR) 6-1,6-3
Olga Govortsova (BLR) bt [4] Donna Vekic (CRO) 7-6(4),6-3
Mandy Minella (LUX) bt Vesna Dolonc (SRB) 4-6,6-4,6-3
Nastassja Burnett (ITA) bt [Q] Risa Ozaki (JPN) 6-4,3-6,7-6(4)

Doubles Quarterfinals
[1] Timea Babos (HUN) / Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ) vs Michaella Krajicek (NED) / Alexandra Panova (RUS) 6-1,6-2
Lyudmyla Kichenok (UKR) / Nadiya Kichenok (UKR) bt Veronika Kapshay (UKR) / Teodora Mircic (SRB) 6-2,6-2
[2]Olga Govortsova (BLR)/Nandy Minella (NED) vs Arina Rodionova(RUS)/Marina Zanevska(UKR) 6-7(3), 6-2, 11-9

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER
#92 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:13:46 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Quarters TASHKENT...

[1] [Q] Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) bt [7] Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ) 1-6,6-4,7-6(5)
Maria -Teresa Torro-Flor (ESP) bt [3] Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) 6-3,6-0
Olga Govortsova (BLR) bt [5] Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) 6-3,6-2
Mandy Minella (LUX) bt Nastassja Burnett (ITA) 7-6(4),7-5

Doubles Quarterfinal
Valeria Savinykh (RUS) / Maria Torro-Flor (ESP) bt Irina Camelia Begu (ROU) / Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) 2-6,6-3,13- 11
Semifinal
[2] Olga Govortsova (BLR) / Mandy Minella (LUX) bt Lyudmyla Kichenok (UKR) / Nadiya Kichenok (UKR) 6-1,6-3

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER
#93 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 11:05:14 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Jovanovski set up summit clash with Govortsova at Tashkent Open

http://www.tashkentopen.uz/news13.php?s=19

Details in "live tennis" for the Final !

CROUCHING TIGER
#94 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:44:45 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Semi-finals

[1] [Q] Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) bt Maria -Teresa Torro-Flor (ESP) 6-2,6-2
Olga Govortsova (BLR) bt Mandy Minella (LUX) 6-2,7-5

Doubles Semifinal
(1) Yaraslova Shvedova ( Kaz) / Timea Babos (Hun) bt Valeria Savinykh (RUS) / Maria Torro-Flor (ESP) 6-2,6-2

CROUCHING TIGER
#95 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:13:55 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Top seed Bojana Jovanovski claimed the second WTA Tour title of her career with a three-set win over Olga Govortsova of Belarus in the Tashkent Open in Uzbekistan.

The 21-year-old Serbian, who was forced to come through qualifying after missing the tournament's entry date, triumphed 4-6 7-5 7-6 (7/3).

Both players finished with five breaks of serve each in a match that lasted four minutes short of three hours.

Jovanovski took advantage of five of her 19 break-point opportunities to claw back into the match and win her first title since last year's Baku Open in Azerbaijan.

CROUCHING TIGER
#96 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:18:52 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

This is the beauty of Tashkent...TRADITION !!!