I am happy to know that Masha want a medal at the next Olympics. I hope it will be a gold medal.
October 28, 2011, № 167 (18 550)
Statement of Maria Sharapova that she be removed from the (YEC) tournament, few were surprised at the press center. Not many people believed that the second racket of the world, almost bereft of chances to get into the playoffs, would continue to fight for the title - with an injured leg. So the press conference after the defeat of the Russians at Li on Wednesday night became the latest to her this season.
"I am pleased the previous year"
- Alas, but must admit that my expectations were not met - began Sharapova. - I thought that after the first match my leg would be better, but in fact only increased inflammation, and swelling has increased. I could not move normally on the court, could not fully concentrate on the fight. Continue to act in such a situation simply does not make sense. Why risk one's health when the season is almost finished?
- Maybe the decision to fly to Istanbul was a mistake? - Maybe I'm really back in the Tour ahead of time. This was my first time with this injury and I do not fully understand how and what I need to do. But I do not regret that I still made Istanbul - and Maria gives a charming smile, clearly aimed at the organizers. - Moreover, the two matches I had a good idea, and could win, but somewhere I was not strong enough, somewhere - not good luck. I knew that I might have to withdraw, but also understood and more - even without uploading at full strength, I could fight for the victory. And it did.
- Fight for the first place in ranking did not happen. But overall you're happy with the season? - Of course! Year-end a bit disappointing, but I started it in the second top ten and finish - the second racket of the world! I played great on the ground, reached the finals of Wimbledon, although in recent years I've played poorly in London. And most importantly - feel that the new season may get even better.
- This is an Olympic season. - That's it! And it is very difficult. Summer will be a busy schedule - two "Grand Slams" in a row, then the Olympics and almost immediately - US Open. We'll have to sweat heavily.
- But the main purpose for you ... - Olympics! I very much want to win a medal in London. So now it is so important to fully recover and better prepare for the beginning of the year. - Where are planning to open the season? - most likely in Brisbane. - If you go to a match with Li. The defeat of the tiebreak strongly prevented properly tuned for the second set? - partly. Actually, I tried not to think about it, but hard to lead 4-0 and then lose seven points in a row. After this it takes time to re-enter into its rhythm, begin to fight. Therefore, my opponent so quickly led to a second party. Although in general I am more dissatisfied in the first set - I have had many opportunities to leave her behind, but at key points Li played great. - What did the coach say after the game? - to sense anything. Hogstedt barely went into the locker room, when I immediately said that I would not play the third match. Said the match with Li just does not make sense.
My computer has been down today. Maria can try marriage and she will be happy. If not she can easily date or marry any single guy.
Maria SharapovaCan anyone guess where I am?Rock she's sitting on reads Сочи -- Sochi.
Good news, Sochi is a real pretty place. It is Masha's childhood town.
Ah! She may be in Sochi now, but check pre-Istanbul AFP release in Times of India:
Her earlier than expected arrival in Istanbul created an opportunity to recuperate by re-visiting her childhood haunts at Sochi, on the other side of the Black Sea, little more than 500 miles away.
So that's where the wading picture was shot!
My previous post is showing up now. Maria best of luck to you in all you do. Your very nice, smart, good looking and sucessful.
So that means that this picture has also been taken in Sochi where she met her dad the last time. She is in Sochi actually.
Masha told us that she was near the ocean, ahahah it was a joke!!!!
After the Moscow Fed Cup FINAL, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Anastasiya Pavlyuchenkova & Ekaterina Makarova are QUALIFIED for London 2012.
Vera Zvonareva MAY be qualified as she was nominated, though had to be replaced due to injury. At least six Russian players need to be qualified.
Maria Sharapova, Maria Kirilenko, & Elena Vesnina need to play (or "be available to play") ONE more Fed Cup tie. Thus, Russia vs Spain, February 4-5 at Olympic Stadium in Moscow.
Posted on November 18, 2011
Maria's schedule for the first half of 2012 is now available. Maria is scheduled to play twelve tournaments and will be playing four events for the first time.Here is the schedule:January 1Brisbane InternationalBrisbane, AustraliaHardcourts, OutdoorsJanuary 16Australian OpenMelbourne, AustraliaHardcourts, OutdoorsFebruary 4Fed Cup vs SpainMoscow, RussiaHardcourts, IndoorsFebruary 6Open GDF SUEZParis, FranceHardcourts, IndoorsMarch 5BNP Paribas ShowdownNew York, USAHardcourts, IndoorsExhibition match against Caroline WozniackiMarch 7BNP Paribas OpenIndian Wells, USAHarcourts, OutdoorsMarch 20Sony Ericsson OpenMiami, USAHardcourts, OutdoorsApril 23Porsche Tennis Grand PrixStuttgart, GermanyClay, IndoorsMay 5Mutua Madrid OpenMadrid, SpainClay, OutdoorsMay 14Internazionali BNL d'ItaliaRome, ItalyClay, OutdoorsMay 27Roland GarrosParis, FranceClay, OutdoorsJune 25WimbledonLondon, UKGrass, OutdoorsJuly 28OlympicsLondon, UKGrass, Outdoors
Masha boosts Moscow Fed Cup on Facebook
From Sports Illustrated:
Sharapova pulls out of Brisbane with ankle injury
BRISBANE, Australia (AP) -- Maria Sharapova has withdrawn from the Brisbane International because of her continuing recovery from a left ankle injury.
Sharapova was hurt at the Pan Pacific Championships in Tokyo in September.
Sharapova told Brisbane tournament officials in a statement released Saturday that "unfortunately my ankle is not 100 percent and I won't be able to make it this year."
It would have been her first appearance at the Brisbane event, which begins Jan. 1.
She said the injury, which also forced her to withdraw from the China Open and later the WTA Championships in Istanbul after two losses, should not affect her chances of competing at the Australian Open, which she won in 2008 and which begins Jan. 16 in Melbourne.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated...index.html#ixzz1hQyUIWJS