logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
Fed Cup
paul_pipkin
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:06:24 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

The official team nominations for the Moscow Final should be posted sometime today.

Fed Cup Official site:
http://www.fedcup.com/en/home.aspx 

FYI--there is a separate Russian Fed Cup site to monitor: http://www.fc.tennis-russia.ru/index-eng.html They will post a lotta pix. If you need to translate a particular page, look up on the right to link Pyc/Eng.

Also, pertinent articles may appear on the RTF official site http://www.tennis-russia.ru/ . Its English version isn't contructed yet but one can run it thru babelfish or Google Translate. 

Image Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova: refuse to go to Bali to play in Fed Cup

Russian woman Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova admitted that she was invited to participate in the Tournament of Champions, which will be held in November this year in Bali.

"Unfortunately, we had to withdraw from the tournament in Bali because of the Fed Cup final in Moscow. I'm really upset that I will not go to Bali -- last year there was great! Still, Fed Cup is priority for me "- wrote Pavlyuchenkova in her Twitter.

Recall that in the final of Federation Cup to be held in Moscow from 5 to 6 November, the Russian team will meet with the Czech Republic.

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/488863 

Maria Sharapova: Always wanted to go to the Olympics

October 24, 2011, 13:26 

Russian Maria Sharapova announced that she would like to represent the Russian team for the forthcoming Olympic Games in London.

"To the Olympics, I wanted to go always. When I was little, tennis in Russia was not considered a major sport, a lot more hockey skating on TV. I looked and it's both. And I thought about how great to represent my country, to participate in the Olympic parade - said Sharapova. - Even though I represent Russia in a tournament every week, I do not think it's the same feeling than what I will experience when I get on the court at the Olympic Games in London. I still fret that I was unable to go to Beijing and am looking forward to next year. "

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/488534 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:44:48 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

A SURPRISE (Edit: I find now that Shamil suggested to Soviet Sport on Oct 13 that he might make this change.)

The ITF has announced the official team nominations for the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Final, which sees Russia take on Czech Republic at Moscow’s Olympic Stadium on 5-6 November.

Russia
Vera Zvonareva
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Maria Kirilenko 
Shamil Tarpischev (captain)

Czech Republic
Petra Kvitova
Lucie Safarova
Lucie Hradecka
Kveta Peschke
Petr Pala (captain)

http://www.fedcup.com/en...announced-for-final.aspx

Ofc the Fed Cup site--managed by the same sort of trivial little Anglo-Amerikaan pimps that control WTA, handily dismiss Russia's leading doubles player as a serious contender.  Screw 'em. Everybody knows what they are by now.

Davaiii, Kiri!!!  

Мария Кириленко 

October 29 and 30 will feature a presentation of the Fed Cup October 29 and 30 on the second floor of GUM (department store) will be presented the Fed Cup, said fc.tennis-russia.ru. The event will be attended by Svetlana Kuznetsova , Vera Zvonareva , Maria Kirilenko , Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and team captain Shamil Tarpischev . Recall that in the final match of the tournament will battle teams from Russia and the Czech Republic. Matches will be held November 5-6 in Moscow.
October 27, 2011, Thursday. 15:35 Source:"Championat.com"

Nazar
#43 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 5:01:18 PM(UTC)
Nazar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

Yeah,Kiri can help!
But to me,the factor of Kvitova is the most significant,she is in great form now and who will beat her will win the final,unfortunately non of Russian girls played their nest recently,I just hope that they ll be capable to produce good tennis in front of their home crowd!!!
Come on,Russian girls,we believe you can do your best!!! davai!!!!!

"Optimists find good things"-Robert De Niro
paul_pipkin
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2011 11:37:11 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Interview with Shamil Tarpischev 

Q: Russia are the most successful Fed Cup by BNP Paribas team of the last decade with four titles – in 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008 – and the only country that currently has four players in the WTA Top 20. What makes women’s tennis so powerful in Russia?

A: We could put together three line-ups. Some 13-17 Russian tennis players get in Grand Slam draws and play within the Top 100. We have a solid school and a variety of choice, that’s why we can vary our line-up. With the right financing we could have won not just four Fed Cups in ten years, but as many as seven trophies.

Q: Why does women’s tennis seem to be in better shape than men’s tennis in Russia nowadays?

A: For many objective reasons. It’s easier to make it in women’s tennis than in men’s tennis. It takes three years for a girl to break through to the tennis elite, while for a boy it takes as long as seven years to get there. Girls have better competition and they achieve results faster. Most of our coaches tend to train girls. As a result, our women’s tennis is stronger.

Q: What will be the key factors that will define this Fed Cup Final? Is there any specific match that you regard as crucial?

A: The specific shape of a specific player will be the decisive factor. Everyone is tired now, everyone has injuries. So players of both teams will feel sort of feverish, the specific form on the eve of the tie will be the key factor.

Q: How do you assess the chances for both teams in this tie, 50-50 or do you see Russia as favourites?

A: Judging by the latest results I would say the Czech team looks the favourite, as our girls haven’t won anything over the course of the last month.

Q: Is the team 100% decided, or may there be a last minute surprise?

A: We can anticipate surprises only in case of injuries.

Q: Do you think that the atmosphere at the Olympic Stadium in Moscow can play a decisive role in the tie?

A: The support of the home crowd could become just an additional stimulus, and one that can add to the specific form of a specific player.

Q: Vera Zvonareva played a key role in the semifinals and is achieving good results on the tour. Could she make the difference in the Final?

A: Again, it will all depend on the specific form of Petra (Kvitova) and our girls when they step on court during the tie. The strength of both teams is pretty much even.

Q: How do you see Kuznetsova´s current form? Will she recover the amazing level that made her win two Grand Slam titles?

A: We’ll try to make sure she gets back on top of her shape because her latest results at the Kremlin Cup showed she is struggling.

Q: This year has seen the confirmation of Petra Kvitova’s talent after her triumph at Wimbledon. Is she the biggest threat of the Czech team?

A: A win at a Slam testifies to the high level of one’s game. Kvitova plays a fast game with pace, no doubt about it, but I wouldn’t say she has an edge over the said Zvonareva. It will all depend on the specific shape of the players.

Q: Maria Sharapova has only played three Fed Cup ties in her career, but has announced that will return to the team for next year’s first round. Do you see her playing regularly in Fed Cup in the future?

A: It’s tough for her because she lives in America. The tournament schedule doesn’t allow us to normally prepare our players for Fed Cup ties. She plays most of her tournaments on the American continent, hence the inevitable problems with acclimatising and other problems related to her preparation (for Fed Cup ties).

Q: Another Russian player, Dinara Safina, has been in the headlines recently because of her possible retirement. Are you in contact with her? Do you see her competing again?

A: I know she is fanatically devoted to tennis. It will all depend on her health. If everything is OK, I wouldn’t rule out her comeback.

Q: You have won the Fed Cup four times and the Davis Cup on two occasions. What skills make a good captain? How do you cope with running both teams at the same time?

A: The team captain, on top of good coaching skills, must also have patience and be a good communicator with players and their personal coaches.

Q: In terms of managing different personalities within one group, which of the two teams do you find easier to captain?

A: The women’s team. Here I have fewer problems because we have a deep bench. Mentally it’s also easier to manage the women. It’s harder for me to deal with our men. Due to the poor choice of players their level of preparation often times is not up to the level of the specific tie. So we often have to make our players play when they are not on top of their shape. For example, in the latest tie versus Brazil only one player was physically fit, the other three were injured. Yet we did manage to win.

http://www.fedcup.com/en...h-shamil-tarpischev.aspx 

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 10/30/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#45 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 10:53:13 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Flash! Image Shamil Tarpishchev: Call Vesnina and Makarova to final of Fed Cup - Insurance

October 31, 2011, 19:27 

Calling the Russian team Elena Vesnina in tennis and Ekaterina Makarova in final of Federation Cup against Czech Republic - this is insurance, since it is unclear whether will play in the final game the team leader Vera Zvonareva and other tennis player, told the news agency "RIA Novosti," Russia captain Shamil Tarpischev .

The final match of the Fed Cup Russia - Czech Republic will be held November 5-6 in Moscow on the courts 'Olympic'. Initially, the decisive match for the Russian team were declared Vera Zvonareva, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Ekaterina Makarova. A little later, the coaching staff decided to replace Makarova with Maria Kirilenko."Now a lot of injured players, it is unclear how their health will be closer to the tournament. On the last night before the Fed Cup we can change two players, so I'm insured. Tomorrow's look at Zvonareva--she says that her shoulder is bothering her, and it affects the toss. Early to say a couple of days she needed. The last word should be from the doctors "- said Tarpischev.

NOTE:

1) After Luxembourg, Kiri was about to vacation in America when Shamil called her to Moscow.

2) Calling of Kiri & Vesnina also commences qualification of a full six Russian players who may play the 2012 Olympiad.  (Katya Makaova was already qualified.)

Dartagnan on 10/31/2011(UTC)
PodgeMcQ
#46 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 4:01:54 PM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Via Pavlyuchenkova's Facebook page:

2rzym.jpg

At Bosco with Fed Cup team!Only Vera Zvonareva missing!

1 user thanked PodgeMcQ for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/31/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#47 Posted : Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:05:55 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

More pix from the Bosco cup presentation at GUM:

Shamil to receive ITF Award during Fed Cup:

http://fcimages.tennis-r.../01/0000003226/file1.pdf 

Bosco site in English, Russian & Ukranian:

http://boscosport.ru/index.html#/en/main 

3 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 11/1/2011(UTC), Dartagnan on 11/1/2011(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 11/3/2011(UTC)
PodgeMcQ
#48 Posted : Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:59:24 AM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

paul_pipkin;311673 wrote:

More pix from the Bosco cup presentation at GUM:

Shamil to receive ITF Award during Fed Cup:

http://fcimages.tennis-r.../01/0000003226/file1.pdf 

Bosco site in English, Russian & Ukranian:

http://boscosport.ru/index.html#/en/main 

I would kill for one of those jackets 

paul_pipkin
#49 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 10:09:27 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

This thing is totally up in the air--depends on the precise condition of each individual player on Saturday. Will require all of Shamil's finesse to pull this out, and the crowd could tilt it. 

Press conference & practice pix:

http://www.fedcup.com/en...es/gallery.aspx?id=79158 

http://www.championat.co...m/6/6425/mid2/238635.jpg 

Vera audio clip (in English) http://www.fedcup.com/en...ted-by-home-support.aspx 

Dartagnan
#50 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 1:39:21 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Petra Kvitova, Number 2, just arrived in Moscow for a strong battle against the Russians. 

She explained us that when she was 16 years old, she was playing tennis just for fun. 

Petra Kvitová (Czech pronunciation: [ˈpɛtra ˈkvɪtovaː]; born 8 March 1990) is a Czech professional tennis player. She has won seven WTA singles titles. As of 31 October 2011, she is ranked World No. 2. 

Kvitová won the 2011 Wimbledon Championships and the 2011 WTA Tour Championships singles titles. By winning Wimbledon, she became the first Grand Slam event winner born in the 1990s.

link: http://www.sports.ru/tennis/130498534.html 

masha

paul_pipkin;311696 wrote:

This thing is totally up in the air--depends on the precise condition of each individual player on Saturday. Will require all of Shamil's finesse to pull this out, and the crowd could tilt it. 

Press conference & practice pix:

http://www.fedcup.com/en...es/gallery.aspx?id=79158 

http://www.championat.co...m/6/6425/mid2/238635.jpg 

Vera audio clip (in English) http://www.fedcup.com/en...ted-by-home-support.aspx 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

PodgeMcQ
#53 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 5:47:04 AM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

1 user thanked PodgeMcQ for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 11/4/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#60 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 8:01:41 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Kirilenko and Kvitova to begin Final

By 

• Chris Archer

Photo: Paul ZimmerPetra Kvitova (CZE)

MOSCOW, RUSSIA: Russia’s Maria Kirilenko and Czech Republic’s Petra Kvitova will meet in the opening rubber of the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Final, which gets under way at the Olympic Stadium in Moscow on Saturday.

Kirilenko, who was somewhat of a surprise inclusion in the Russian team given that her only previous appearance came in 2006, finds herself opening proceedings against Kvitova, the world No. 2, after her name was drawn first at Friday’s official draw ceremony.

The second rubber sees Svetlana Kuznetsova, who steps up to play as the Russian team’s No. 1 player, face Lucie Safarova, before the players change opponents on Sunday for the reverse singles rubbers.

If the ties goes to a deciding fifth rubber, the nominated doubles pairs are Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Elena Vesnina for Russia and Lucie Hradecka and Kveta Peschke for Czech Republic, although the captains are allowed to make substitutions.

Play starts at 2pm (10am GMT) on both Saturday and Sunday. The full draw is listed below.

Saturday
R1: Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v Petra Kvitova (CZE)
R2: Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v Lucie Safarova (CZE)

Sunday
R3: Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v Petra Kvitova (CZE)
R4: Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v Lucie Safarova (CZE)
R5: Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Elena Vesnina v Lucie Hradecka / Kveta Peschke (CZE)

Kirilenko has been named in the singles line-up due to the withdrawal of Vera Zvonareva, who was forced to pull out at the last minute because of a shoulder problem that she sustained last month at the Kremlin Cup.

The world No.7’s injury could prove to be pivotal in this year’s Final, as her replacement, Vesnina, is ranked 50 places lower in the world standings, but Kvitova remains cautious and certainly won’t underestimate the Russians.

“I don’t think so,” said Kvitova, responding to the question of whether Zvonareva’s absence will make life easier for the Czechs. “I think they are still strong, very strong, and I think it’s still open. It’s going be like 50-50.”

Kvitova is right about the strength in depth of Russia, as no other nation has as many Top 100 players, but the gap Zvonareva has left in the team will come as a major blow to Russian captain Shamil Tarpischev, who was already without his top ranked player, Maria Sharapova.

It came as no surprise that Tarpischev opted for the experience of Kuznetsova, a three-time Fed Cup winner, in his singles line-up, but what came as more of a shock was that he picked Kirilenko ahead of Pavlyuchenkova, who is now the highest ranked player in this Russian side.

Tarpischev described the decision as tactical, while Kirilenko, strangely talking in the third person during the press conference, added that “with respect to Maria Kirilenko, she says she is feeling really well right now.”

So Kirilenko opens the tie against Kvitova, which will be a third meeting between the two players with the Russian currently undefeated after winning both their previous match-ups in 2009.

Despite this record, the in-form Kvitova will be strong favourite to claim her first victory over Kirilenko and get the Czechs off to a winning start. Last week, the reigning Wimbledon champion capped her impressive individual season by winning the year-end WTA Championships.

The second rubber between Kuznetsova and Safarova looks likely to be a tighter affair. The Russian leads their head-to-head series 2-1 and has experience on her side, but the Czech left-hander has been in good form of late and reached the semifinals of the Kremlin Cup, also held at Moscow’s Olympic Stadium, just a fortnight ago.

Without doubt this tie could swing either way, as the home advantage for the Russians shouldn’t be taken lightly, but with the absence of Zvonareva and the recent form of Kvitova it looks increasingly like the Czechs will have the edge when the action gets under way on Saturday.

Dartagnan
#54 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 9:19:46 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Don't worry Svetlana Kuznetsova is also a strong tennis player. Even stronger than Petra. 

Svetlana the Roland Garros Champion vs Petra the new Wimbledon Champion, match on sunday  

PodgeMcQ;311729 wrote:

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#61 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 10:29:56 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Two minute audion interviews with all the players

http://www.fedcup.com/en...eaction-from-moscow.aspx 

TWITTER

• twitter

The Russians have been looking to counteract the effect of the Czech lefthanders by hitting with as many lefties in practice as possible.04 Nov 09:06  

• twitter

Maria Kirilenko talks about herself in the third person: "Maria is feeling really good right now." Good to know - she's up first tomorrow.04 Nov 09:02   

(This is psych-war. Will talk more about it tomorrow.)

• twitter

Russian captain Shamil Tarpischev calls his decision to pick Elena Vesnina to replace Vera Zvonareva for the #FedCup final a "tactical" one.04 Nov 08:59   

paul_pipkin
#62 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2011 9:28:29 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The usual condescending crap.  

Blog - How times have changed in Russian tennis

By Ed Pearson

It’s hard to believe that there was a time when the Russians were not interested in tennis, but under the flag of the USSR it was only Olympic sports that were given sufficient funding to garner any realistic chance of success on a global scale.

There is a certain irony, then, that the Russians take on the Czech Republic in the Olympic Stadium in Moscow this weekend with a shot at winning their fifth Fed Cup title in just eight years.

And such is the strength in depth of women’s tennis in Russia that captain Shamil Tarpischev has a staggering 12 players in the current Top 100, four of which are in the Top 20, that he can call upon.

After world No. 7 Vera Zvonareva was forced to withdraw from this weekend’s final with a shoulder injury, Russia had the dilemma of choosing between Ekaterina Makarova (ranked No. 51) or Elena Vesnina (No. 57) as her replacement. No other country in the women’s game has such a strong bench.

So why is it that tennis, and in particular women’s tennis, is thriving in Russia? According to Tarpischev, one of the biggest factors in the development of the sport in this country was Boris Yeltsin.

The former Russian president appeared on television during his tenure at the top wearing shorts and a t-shirt and carrying a tennis racket and all of a sudden the sport was booming.

Thanks to the exposure that came with an endorsement from Yeltsin, more sponsors became interested in tennis, which inevitably led to better results and it’s now that the Russians are reaping the rewards.

As for why the Russian women are outshining their male counterparts, Tarpischev has an answer for that too. He believes it’s easier to coach girls because they react better and recover faster than men when faced with disappointment or difficulty in their careers.

He also puts the women’s success down to the fact that the transition from juniors to seniors is simpler in the women’s game and that it’s easier to find a hitting partner for a woman than it is a man.

With a lifetime of tennis experience and four Fed Cup titles (not to mention two Davis Cup titles) to his name, it’s hard not to think that Tarpischev knows exactly what he’s talking about.  

Testing Testing

By Chris Archer

The world of tennis court testing is not one that many people are familiar with, but this is the world that the ITF’s technical team inhabit, and two members of that team are in Moscow to carry out some analysis ahead of the Fed Cup Final.

First stop was at Moscow’s recently opened Tennis Park, a 10-court facility which is one of a number of new tennis centres popping up around Russia’s capital city. And on the agenda was an ITF Recognition Test on the courts that have just been laid.

The purpose of such a test is to assess the quality of the court manufacture and whether it reaches sufficient standards. The assessment has two parts: 1 Star measures the court dimensions and evenness; and 2 Star calculates the court speed. We await the results!

Attentions have now turned to the Olympic Stadium, the location of this weekend’s Final. The testing here doesn’t involve the court itself, but the HawkEye system that has been installed to assist the officials with their line calling.

The guys from HawkEye have been at the venue all week, putting in place 10 cameras at strategic positions around the court that determine whether the ball is in or out when it lands close to the line.

It’s the job of the ITF’s technical team to test the accuracy of the HawkEye system. This is done using a high speed camera, set up along one of the lines, and a canon that fires balls to land close to the line in question.

The footage is then analysed frame-by-frame and compared with that of HawkEye, thus establishing the system’s precision. The test is then repeated 50 times at different spots around the court.

Tiring work, particularly when it needs to take place in the evenings when the practice sessions for the players are done and dusted. And because the testing is carried out before the tie gets under way, the team don’t even get to stay and watch the action!

Larisa is quite savvy

By Craig Gabriel

Larisa Savchenko was born in the Ukraine, played as a Latvian under USSR and now works with the Russian Fed Cup team as a coach. The delightful 45-year-old who collected 66 doubles titles and who had wins over the likes of Martina Navratilova, Gabriela Sabatini and Hana Mandlikova says she enjoys her life now as a mother of two, a boy and a girl but to some degree also misses her playing days.

“I prefer both times,” she said smiling. “When I played on the tour it was a nice time and when I finished it was also a nice time but it took a little time to get used to not playing. It was a new life coming and I like it and I also like coaching. I love it.”

She feels “it’s not tough being a mama”. Her philosophy on parenthood is to “understand your children and speak the same language”. Of her two children she says her son is the naughty one, but that he has a great sense of humour.

“When he does something wrong he says ‘it’s a joke mum, it is my humour mum,” she explained.

Asked if she had the choice if she would like to be playing in the present era or the past, she said without hesitation the past.

“Playing in the past was easier and it was fun, everyone was easy and close,” Savchenko said.

http://www.fedcup.com/en...d-in-russian-tennis.aspx 

Craig Gabriel, perhaps the least obnoxious of the Fed Cup mouths, interviews Larissa Savchenko

http://www.fedcup.com/en...-illustrious-career.aspx 

8:44 min audio clip.

Dartagnan on 11/5/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#55 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2011 2:53:12 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia, Czech Republic level at Fed Cup finals

Tennis team Russia and its rivals from the Czech Republic have leveled at the Federation Cup Finals held in Moscow. Both teams have scored a victory after Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova defeated Lucie Sarfarzhova 6-2, 6-3.

Earlier, Petra Kvitova had effortlessly beaten Russia's Maria Kirilenko.

The winner will be known after the Sunday game.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/11/05/59917473.html

Dartagnan;311736 wrote:

Don't worry Svetlana Kuznetsova is also a strong tennis player. Even stronger than Petra. 

Svetlana the Roland Garros Champion vs Petra the new Wimbledon Champion, match on sunday  

PodgeMcQ;311729 wrote:

Dartagnan
#56 Posted : Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:04:54 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Don't worry about our defeat at the Fed Cup today, we are the champion in backetball. Even the Czech couldn't defeat us.  

Russian women’s basketball team clinch European title

VIDEO: http://english.ruvr.ru/r...7/05/video_52804067.html

masha

masha

Dartagnan
#57 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 6:39:20 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

DON'T WORRY ABOUT OUR DEFEAT AT FED CUP. 

Russian karate fighter wins World Champs

MASHA

Beating his Brazilian rival Everton Teixeira on Monday, Russia’s Tariel Nikoleishvili won the 10th World Kyokushin Karate Championships in Tokyo, Japan.

The third place went to Nikoleishvili’s fellow fighter Goderzi Kapanadze.

(TASS)

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/11/07/59980420.html

Dartagnan;311787 wrote:

Don't worry about our defeat at the Fed Cup today, we are the champion in backetball. Even the Czech couldn't defeat us.  

Russian women’s basketball team clinch European title

VIDEO: http://english.ruvr.ru/r...7/05/video_52804067.html

masha

masha

Dartagnan
#58 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 6:44:24 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

WE HOPE THAT MARIA WILL BE AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES IN LONDON.

2012 Olympic Torch route unveiled

masha

On Sunday the United Kingdom made public the torch relay route of  the Summer Games of 2012.

The torch will be carried within an hour's drive of the homes of 95 percent of the people across the country. Thus, as the organizers hope, the majority of Britons will be able to see the solemn procession.

The route includes all of the world-famous sites of the United Kingdom, from the ancient complex of Stonehenge to Loch Ness.

The race will be attended by 8,000 torch-bearers.

The relay will begin on May 19th in the west of England and will be completed 70 days later at the opening ceremony of the Games in London.

RIAN, TASS

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/11/07/59953281.html

Dartagnan
#59 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 6:18:00 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

A LAST NEWS ABOUT OUR GIRLS

Russian girls win in curling

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/11/07/59986663.html

Dartagnan;311794 wrote:

WE HOPE THAT MARIA WILL BE AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES IN LONDON.

2012 Olympic Torch route unveiled

masha

On Sunday the United Kingdom made public the torch relay route of  the Summer Games of 2012.

The torch will be carried within an hour's drive of the homes of 95 percent of the people across the country. Thus, as the organizers hope, the majority of Britons will be able to see the solemn procession.

The route includes all of the world-famous sites of the United Kingdom, from the ancient complex of Stonehenge to Loch Ness.

The race will be attended by 8,000 torch-bearers.

The relay will begin on May 19th in the west of England and will be completed 70 days later at the opening ceremony of the Games in London.

RIAN, TASS

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/11/07/59953281.html