logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
YEC ISTANBUL
Brebis
#101 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:26:19 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,011

Thanks: 260 times
Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

Valkyre;311559 wrote:
You make it sound as if having an ankle injury like 25 days ago is nothing grave. And I ma y ask you, have you guys ever got a similar ankle injury like ever? If so were you able to compete without hiccups after such a little time? Even if your ankle is 100% perfect (which it ISNT) the injury stays in your head even subconsciously. If you havent played professional sports then I am sorry, no you cannot understand it fully.

Anyway Maria does need work, no1 said otherwise and of all people she herself admits that. But if you were expecting Maria to come off an injury like that after 25 days without any matches on her way, and any significant training, then I am sorry, either you dont know much about tennis, physio or sports in general.

In other news:

Highlights of the match vs Li Na (still waiting for HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4yNWKTVw40

Plus an interview before the start of the Championships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XbDXgNRV9k

I will update my thread with Maria's highlights as soon as we get better quality.
Valkyre, I partly agree with you ! The ankle injury was there but reading her facebook messages, she said she was fine !! She did hit many breakpoints , if your ankle is not fine how can you get to so many breakpoints then ?! Maria 's problem is yet again that when she needs to execute, she gets pressure and her game slips away. She had a chance with 2 break point to take a 4-0 lead against Sam but loses the set ! That to me has nothing to do with the ankle but with mental problems. Her game is not solid and at times too aggressive and therfore she hits errors. I am still disappointed , it has spoil my week but fan forever !!!    

sunstreet
#102 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:29:42 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 148

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I can´t say that i´m surpriced that Maria choosed to pull out of the tournament. It was obvious that during the match, especially during second set, that she found it increasingly difficult to place her full weight on her left foot. That´s why her backhand went into the net so often and her first step after the split step suffered to, since she couldn´t land on her left foot with the same amount of strenght as she usually does.
I think it´s great that she tried her best to get ready to be a part of this tournament, and even though she didn´t win, i´m happy that she made it there. After all there´s no point in competing with an ankle which is not fully recovered from your last match.
Looking back at last year, and looking back on this great year Maria has had,leaves me with a big smile on my face.
I hope Maria gets some time to relax before preparing for next year.
A thing which actually made me laugh, is the fact, that wozzy will be no.1 during the winter season due to Marias injury, it sorts of sums it up. The only reason Wozzy has been able to clinch the no.1 spot is because her competitors has been injured, must be a lousy way to have it.
Well enough of that,life goes on and there are people who are facing bigger problems than a tennis match.
;-)
Philli
#103 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:09:34 AM(UTC)
Philli

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 450

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Sunstreet where have you been for the last 6 years? The first time Maria made it to Number 1 was because Lindsay Davenport was out injured which cost her enough points for Maria to jump into the top spot. As soon as Lindsay returned, Maria lost it again. The second time was after Kim retired, and Muresmo was out with Appendix problems. She lost the Number one spot very quickly, never being able to defend it. Third time, after Justine retired, Maria held the Number 1 spot for 2 weeks going into the French Open. She went out in the 3rd Round and lost the spot by the time the Open was over. So dont tell me that Caroline is only holding the spot because of Maria's injury. Maria has ONLY EVER held the number one spot through the misfortunes of other players. Schmuck.


There is a sour side to this whole Tournament regarding Maria's 'performance' .  If she had been training properly under intensive tournament conditions, she would have known...and probably did... that her ankle was not fully healed and would not hold up to the pressure she would be putting it under.  But, because she is such a high profile Giant Ego'd player she lied at all her interviews claiming that she was top fit and feeling so lucky and happy to be in Istanbul.  Fact is, it was all a big PR Scam, directed by her Sponsors to spotlight her yet again.  But...here we go...one for Maria.... At the end of day, it all boils down to total bullshit and no matter how much was said, she just wasn't up to fulfilling all their wishes and hopes and FAILED once again to live up to their, and her Fans,  expectations. 


The decent thing to have done would have been to withdraw BEFORE the tournament started and give Marion a full shot at competing.  But, would such a thing ever happen?   Unthinkable.

paul_pipkin
#106 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:18:32 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,624

Thanks: 1699 times
Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Hey, Philli! You wanna talk hype, I'll give you hype--the whole spurious notion of "number one". Last month, Vera's coach laid down what I've contended for at least three years:




Ageev: walk-through tour matches no more




Ageev: walk-through tour matches in no more

Alexei Ageev, coach of Vera Zvonareva in an interview with "Championat.com" 




:bash: As to earlier withdrawal, not so much. I'm fond of Bartoli in a way, but no. Russians should relinquish nothing anymore. 2012 is the pivotal year, the tipping point. We come to the year when, much as the center of economic gravity slides decisively to China, the center of global tennis gravity also slides Eastward of 15° E longitude. The Western corporates think they can stave this off with their filthy banker manipulations but, "read 'em & weep". I say to Maria or any Eastern champion--take it all.





"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#107 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:09:04 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,624

Thanks: 1699 times
Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Sharapova: the return of haste 


Maria Sharapova at a press conference after losing to Li Na said, why has decided to withdraw from the tournament and on the priorities for the next season, and also noted the achievement of Caroline Wozniacki.



Maria Sharapova lost her second match in the White Group Championships WTA Final in Istanbul. At this time in the role of Maria's offender acted Chinese Li Na, won with a score of 7:6 (7:4), 6:4. Russian woman still retained some theoretical chances to qualify from the group, but immediately after the defeat Sharapova has decided to withdraw from the tournament. Her place was taken by Marion Bartoli. Not surprisingly, at the beginning of a press conference most of the questions addressed to the Russian woman, about her injury. 


- Mary, is it true that you have decided to withdraw from the tournament? What can you say about his injury? - My ankle still has not recovered so well, as I had hoped after the first match. The swelling on my leg only slightly increased. It is strongly paralyzed my movement on court. Now I do not want to risk health, especially at the end of the season, when I know that I will have some time to fully recover. I do not want to force the recovery process, because you can only aggravate the injury. I came to the final tournament without any major expectations, because this injury I have ever had. I did everything in my power to prepare for the tournament, but I think that a little hasty with the return. 


- do you regret that, after all decided to play in Istanbul? - No, not at all. I came here and began to train. Fully focused on preparations for the tournament and did everything I could. There is nothing that I have not tried. Maybe I could take any more medication or take advantage of fast anti-inflammatory injections, but I'm not the one who will go for it. I prefer the natural way. All in good time. Any injury requires a different time to recover. Considering how I got the ankle sprain and the size of the swelling formed quickly, I just returned to the tour a little early.


 - You are considered before the tournament that option - to play two matches and withdraw? - A week before the tournament, I still did not know exactly whether I can all take part, as has just started to train. However, I decided to play and understand that, even without uploading at full strength, if played well, I'll have a chance to win. 


- You now have pain in your leg? - Of course, I feel the pain again decided to withdraw. 


- Clearly, that you were going to finish the season is not so, but nevertheless as a whole has developed for you this year? And also interested in your opinion that Caroline Wozniacki, it seems, has completed a second consecutive season in first place in the ranking as a result of your withdrawal from the tournament. - Of course, the end of the year disappointed me. But overall I satisfied with the season. I started it as a top-20 player and do not know at what point it will end, but there was definitely my game improvement over last year. I spent a good clay season, then reached the final of Wimbledon, although in recent years is not very well played in this tournament. There is still a next year, and I look with great hope in the next season.I have something better to start playing better. And I'm not wait to start again to train. 


- And what do you think about Carolina?- Keep on the first line for this amount of time - this is an incredible achievement. It must be very hardy and have good health to play so many tournaments. Yes, I think this is a great success. 


- You are at the tournament between points is often imitated movement, just as it does Marion Bartoli. Where did you get? Prompted to do so you coach? - No, just when you lose a few jokes and you do not, have some exercise. Move a bit to wake up. 


- The main purpose for you in the next year is the Olympics, or something else? - Yes, of course, is most important. In general, the following season we have a very heavy schedule - two "Slams" in a row, then the Olympics and then immediately US Open. Perhaps most important - stay healthy. Of course, I want to not only perform at the Olympics, but also play good there. 


- What better to do after a defeat - to watch a movie, eat something tasty, read a book? - To be honest, I just want to recover to the end and have a good rest. Despite his injury, I spent a full season, played many games, so that both mentally and physically I feel tired. I want to rest and then start training, because the preparations for the season - it is very important.


- What did your team - Hogstedt and  Volchkov - after the match? What were their first words? - We have not discussed it, because when they came to me, I immediately told them that I could not play the third match. 


- After losing seven straight points to tie-break of the first set in the second game you have this idea once dismissed? - Yes, of course, defeats tie-breaks are always painful, especially after, when you lead 4-0. Hard to get back into playing rhythm. I think that, if realized his chances at the beginning of the set, then the account would be completely different. But she played really well. In the second game was offensive start, I had a hard time to get involved in the fight. 


- When we see you again on the court? - are most likely to my first tournament in the new year will Brisbane.


http://www.championat.com/tennis/article-100687.html 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
<3Maria Sharapova
#108 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:51:54 AM(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 466

Thanks: 44 times
Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I'm really suprised that Maria's lost in a row! Can't believe she lost 2 matches like, in 4 days!
paul_pipkin
#109 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:21:56 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,624

Thanks: 1699 times
Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Asderaki in the chair for Woz vs Petra; Nouni on the previous match. That means they'll put Cramer on Vera.   Watch out--I know WTA is gonna target that crook at SOME Russian!


Cramer should'nt even BE at Istanbul. She's a third rate umpire, nowhere near Eva or Kader. Even if you don't believe she takes money, everybody knows she's a bad umpire.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Trih
#104 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:09:34 PM(UTC)
Trih

Rank: Newbie

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Philli;311563 wrote:


Sunstreet where have you been for the last 6 years? The first time Maria made it to Number 1 was because Lindsay Davenport was out injured which cost her enough points for Maria to jump into the top spot. As soon as Lindsay returned, Maria lost it again. The second time was after Kim retired, and Muresmo was out with Appendix problems. She lost the Number one spot very quickly, never being able to defend it. Third time, after Justine retired, Maria held the Number 1 spot for 2 weeks going into the French Open. She went out in the 3rd Round and lost the spot by the time the Open was over. So dont tell me that Caroline is only holding the spot because of Maria's injury. Maria has ONLY EVER held the number one spot through the misfortunes of other players. Schmuck.


There is a sour side to this whole Tournament regarding Maria's 'performance' .  If she had been training properly under intensive tournament conditions, she would have known...and probably did... that her ankle was not fully healed and would not hold up to the pressure she would be putting it under.  But, because she is such a high profile Giant Ego'd player she lied at all her interviews claiming that she was top fit and feeling so lucky and happy to be in Istanbul.  Fact is, it was all a big PR Scam, directed by her Sponsors to spotlight her yet again.  But...here we go...one for Maria.... At the end of day, it all boils down to total bullshit and no matter how much was said, she just wasn't up to fulfilling all their wishes and hopes and FAILED once again to live up to their, and her Fans,  expectations. 


The decent thing to have done would have been to withdraw BEFORE the tournament started and give Marion a full shot at competing.  But, would such a thing ever happen?   Unthinkable.



 


I don't agree with this. Maria wasn't in the YEC from 2007, so she did everything she could, even putting her ankle at risk, to have a chance to play and maybe go to the SF. When she lost 2 games in a row there was no chance anymore so it would have been an injury risk for absolutely nothing and then she pulled out. It's totally understandable for an athlete who always wants to compete, but it's also human to don't want to take useless risks.


If you or anyone else thought she would come here after one month from Tokyo's injury, and rape them all winning the title then you fooled yourself, Maria didn't. She just tried to do anything she could to play, I respect that. :)

1 user thanked Trih for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/27/2011(UTC)
Brebis
#110 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:55:06 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,011

Thanks: 260 times
Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)
Well,well,well !! A surprise but actualy no surprise !! Caroline is out. Again no big tournament win.
She was not feeling well, pregnant ??? Yehhhhhhhh.
Freedom23
#105 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:01:03 PM(UTC)
Freedom23

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/8/2011(UTC)
Posts: 55

Thanks: 8 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Philli;311563 wrote:


Sunstreet where have you been for the last 6 years? The first time Maria made it to Number 1 was because Lindsay Davenport was out injured which cost her enough points for Maria to jump into the top spot. As soon as Lindsay returned, Maria lost it again. The second time was after Kim retired, and Muresmo was out with Appendix problems. She lost the Number one spot very quickly, never being able to defend it. Third time, after Justine retired, Maria held the Number 1 spot for 2 weeks going into the French Open. She went out in the 3rd Round and lost the spot by the time the Open was over. So dont tell me that Caroline is only holding the spot because of Maria's injury. Maria has ONLY EVER held the number one spot through the misfortunes of other players. Schmuck.


There is a sour side to this whole Tournament regarding Maria's 'performance' .  If she had been training properly under intensive tournament conditions, she would have known...and probably did... that her ankle was not fully healed and would not hold up to the pressure she would be putting it under.  But, because she is such a high profile Giant Ego'd player she lied at all her interviews claiming that she was top fit and feeling so lucky and happy to be in Istanbul.  Fact is, it was all a big PR Scam, directed by her Sponsors to spotlight her yet again.  But...here we go...one for Maria.... At the end of day, it all boils down to total bullshit and no matter how much was said, she just wasn't up to fulfilling all their wishes and hopes and FAILED once again to live up to their, and her Fans,  expectations. 


The decent thing to have done would have been to withdraw BEFORE the tournament started and give Marion a full shot at competing.  But, would such a thing ever happen?   Unthinkable.



 


What's your problem? Are you that angry at someone you don't even know? The fact you have set up an account on Maria's website just to bash her? Pretty childish. Maria lost in the 4th of the French Open, (that typo bugged me, even though it was a small one). I am all for opposing arguments from other people, but not from people who hate just to hate. And what kind of expectations have you been reading into? Maria herself said she wasn't putting to much pressure on herself because she didn't expect too much going in. Of course a player is going to say they feel fit so their competition doesn't get a boost in confidence. If we really are going to talk about "Giant Ego'd" people, Serena is on the top of the list. A top player needs to have confidence (not arrogance). Where were people "spotlighting" Maria? It was Kvitova and Azarenka and Caroline who were talked about. Kvitova is the favorite according to numerous websites. Even if Maria had been so called "lucky" by getting to number one, she still had to be playing great to get their. It's  not like she magically appeared there.


 


Schmuck? What?


Anyways, haters are gonna hate.  



Peace and love.

Integrity is the best policy.

1 user thanked Freedom23 for this useful post.
Nazar on 10/28/2011(UTC)
Philli
#111 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 2:53:22 AM(UTC)
Philli

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 450

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
See, this is what a Forum is all about... not a bunch of Fans drooling over thier heroine and swearing undieing fan worship regardless of how she performms.... there's enough of those idiots on the Home Page commenting on the Latest News blogs. What's that expression...If you dont like the heat, get out of the kitchen. I comment on how I see things. In all interviews, she said the ankle was okay. Her Pathetic performance showed no different actions than any other times when we have seen her lose.... Double faults, unforced errors, lousy first serve, going long, going wide, poor mobility on the baseline. With or without an ankle injury, those things are typical of her game. Sure, she might not have been 100% fit, but when is she ever? Her stamina is low compared to other players and she does not like back to back matches. I think she really thought Stosur would be a cakewalk...as did all of you. But it wasn't and it put her on the wrong footing for her match against Na Li...who beat her thoroghly at Birmingham in the final there. After going down to Li, her confidence was shot and there was only one way out to avoid further embarrassment.... Tell the Press that the ankle was not holding up, even though she had claimed it was okay. So everybody says...Aaaaahhhh, poor Maria, she tried her best. Bullshit. She blew it all by herself. Her game was shoddy, messy, without a gameplan and totally uncontrolled. She lost because she played badly..that's all there is to it.

On the other hand, if she went into this Tournament with a still injured ankle then she is irresponsible and totally stupid of the possible outcome that it might have in the coming months and next year. You just dont put an already damaged ligament and joint under further pressure when it is not completely healed. She did this with her shoulder....keeping it secret for months to avoid losing sponsor deals or contracts and looked what happened then in 2008. She has Brisbane and the AO coming up next year and then a Fed Cup appearence to assure her place in the Olympics. One false move on court and she can kiss 2012 goodbye.

This isn't about common sense...it's about the Sponsor money.
1 user thanked Philli for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/28/2011(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#114 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 5:45:45 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6,239

Thanks: 1947 times
Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
Agree, second it...absolutely wright Philli; i wrote about that catwalk & moneypit somewhere higher up.

Remember Philli Wan our glourious bastardfights in Madrid in 2007? Great days of Guylian battles:) XXX


WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#112 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 8:20:56 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,624

Thanks: 1699 times
Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Philli;311585 wrote:
 This isn't about common sense...it's about the Sponsor money.
 


Lezee--maintaining a windfall to the tune of $25 million a year as long as possible is by definition "common sense".  Because it IS a windfall. Though prolonged for seven years, the money train is not a permanent condition. It WILL slow down. 


In the Olympic Year, however, those interests are also served by a single-minded focus. Sponsors & agents know that Olympic Gold, especially, would perpetuate the cash cow years longer--pull in a whole slew of new two & three year contracts regardless of future performance.


Ofc, the whole enterprise stands to become highly politicized to the point of being a game-changer. In 2012, everything changes--inevitably. Some here will like that. Others not so much.


Philli, there is this too: As I've complained before, what top player do you know who is totally straight-up about her injuries? They can't be. She gonna come on court & explain to her opponents exactly what to attack? That's absurd. Media AND government protect Williams infirmities like State secrets and no one says a thing. Dunno what you expect on that one.


I've never minded you raising the counterpoints. You do push the language to an extent that raises questions about your motivations & undermines your message. But hey, I wouldn't know about extreme language...  lol!

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Nazar
#115 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 10:15:47 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 78

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)


I don't understand what is the point in such negative comments about Maria (I mean Philli ofc) we all know Maria has problems,but most people in here think in positive way and try to support Maria,if to speak about sense,where is your sense,Philli?it s ridiculous to be on this forum with such an attitude to Maria,Philli is really smart so I don't get what is her goal,to teach us how to hate Masha?
P.S. I agree with Paul about language

"Optimists find good things"-Robert De Niro
ShelbyK
#116 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 10:52:26 AM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: BasicUsers
Joined: 3/8/2011(UTC)
Posts: 120

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Breath in, breath out, and be positive.

Philli
#117 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 11:40:40 AM(UTC)
Philli

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 450

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Now just a minute, and Paul, Hold your horses, Pilgrim. You weren't paying attention.... and I dont use bad language, Goddammit...or Allahdammit, whatever. I offered two scenarios. The first one...she played crap, usual game traits, and lost. ...Twice. Now then, she could have gone to a third and been 0 and 3 and booted out of the Tournament or do as she did and withdrew gracefully at 0 and 2. But, in order to alleviate the criticism of poor performance, she fell back onto the ruse about the ankle not being healed, which was contrary to everything she had said at interviews. But, we know this from Maria, she is always contradicting herself at interviews to find a suitable answer. That is probably how she did it.

I think the ankle is in fine shape and healed. It was simply an excuse. Bet you she will be back in high heels within a few days. She has 9 1/2 weeks until New Year to reach peak fitness, but, you can bet your ass that if things go wrong in Brisbane, some A-hole will say, 'Oh probably the ankle is still bothering her...maybe even the shoulder too'. No player has more excuses found for her than Maria.

This is a different situation to 2007, her worst year and the secret shoulder injury. Back then at 19/20 years of age, she was at the Zenith of her desireability for Sponsors. There was no way she could be seen to be already suffering with such a serious injury when her money potential was at its highest. She paid a heavy price for her deception and the injury will haunt her forever...more as she gets older. Her magic serve is gone.. It is, as we see, simply a hit or miss affair.

Now if people dont like my comments, well tough. I call it as I see it.
1 user thanked Philli for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/29/2011(UTC)
Brebis
#113 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 12:30:09 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,011

Thanks: 260 times
Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

Philli;311585 wrote:
See, this is what a Forum is all about... not a bunch of Fans drooling over thier heroine and swearing undieing fan worship regardless of how she performms.... there's enough of those idiots on the Home Page commenting on the Latest News blogs. What's that expression...If you dont like the heat, get out of the kitchen. I comment on how I see things. In all interviews, she said the ankle was okay. Her Pathetic performance showed no different actions than any other times when we have seen her lose.... Double faults, unforced errors, lousy first serve, going long, going wide, poor mobility on the baseline. With or without an ankle injury, those things are typical of her game. Sure, she might not have been 100% fit, but when is she ever? Her stamina is low compared to other players and she does not like back to back matches. I think she really thought Stosur would be a cakewalk...as did all of you. But it wasn't and it put her on the wrong footing for her match against Na Li...who beat her thoroghly at Birmingham in the final there. After going down to Li, her confidence was shot and there was only one way out to avoid further embarrassment.... Tell the Press that the ankle was not holding up, even though she had claimed it was okay. So everybody says...Aaaaahhhh, poor Maria, she tried her best. Bullshit. She blew it all by herself. Her game was shoddy, messy, without a gameplan and totally uncontrolled. She lost because she played badly..that's all there is to it.

On the other hand, if she went into this Tournament with a still injured ankle then she is irresponsible and totally stupid of the possible outcome that it might have in the coming months and next year. You just dont put an already damaged ligament and joint under further pressure when it is not completely healed. She did this with her shoulder....keeping it secret for months to avoid losing sponsor deals or contracts and looked what happened then in 2008. She has Brisbane and the AO coming up next year and then a Fed Cup appearence to assure her place in the Olympics. One false move on court and she can kiss 2012 goodbye.

This isn't about common sense...it's about the Sponsor money.
Keep it simple next time, this story is just too long to read ! That was a waste of your time.

Trih
#118 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 12:44:31 PM(UTC)
Trih

Rank: Newbie

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So let's see if i got it right, Philli, what you mean is Maria - the highest payed female athlete in the world - just came here with her ankle fixed (by the way: why was it taped then? why do you think she had poor mobility on the baseline and absolutely zero athletic explosiveness) just for the sponsor money?
I can't believe it honestly, on the other hand like you said, I could agree with you about the irresponsibility of coming to a tournament with a still injured ankle with a risk of making it worse. But at least she's been wise enough to retire before it could get worse.
Freedom23
#119 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 4:49:54 PM(UTC)
Freedom23

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/8/2011(UTC)
Posts: 55

Thanks: 8 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Hahahah. "I call it like i see it". How original Philli. Senseless bashing isn't calling it like you see it, it's just senseless bashing. And I am a little dissapointed on how you ramified away from my questions and instead decided to trash the people who say good things about her on the latest news. Really?  I can't say I am surprised.


 


 


Peace and love.

Integrity is the best policy.

ShelbyK
#120 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 11:50:09 PM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: BasicUsers
Joined: 3/8/2011(UTC)
Posts: 120

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

It is her right to call it as she sees it, whether we like it or not.

1 user thanked ShelbyK for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/29/2011(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages«<4567>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.