logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
YEC ISTANBUL
Valkyre
#81 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:33:51 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Ok as you know we watched the match yesterday together chatting via shoutbox, so you are aware of my upcoming "rant".

1st set Maria was all over the place. She tried to finish off points quickly and clearly her footwork was affected because of the ankle injury. So yeah I have nothing to add other than I can understand that when you are coming off an injury and no matches and no training.

2nd set though Maria played really well. I could actually say she played GREAT. So why did she lose? yeah... ask chance and Lady Luck about that...

Maria was returning strong...very strong and accurately... but Stosur? Oh God...doesnt matter where the hell her body or racket was, or wether she was actually aiming at something, every single damn thing was in! That became really ridiculous... Maria was returning amazingly, Stosur was on her feet down, waved the racket randomly into the air without looking, ball was in (i dont mean that she won point, but her defence was clear blind luck on several occasions. Those would easily be points for Maria in 99% of the time, only luck could defend it over and over and over)

Even the net had the name Stosur written all over it.

Maria on the other hand was playing beautifuly and luck was really not on her side even once.

So yeah I am frustrated not because Maria lost, I was not expecting much as I said before the match, but because she played great and Stosur was just lucky way too much.

It is good consolation though to see Maria playing that well after a such recent injury. So congrats Stosur! You finally beat Maria! Yeah you needed a bad ankle and a truckload of luck to do it, but hey...who cares...you played "your best tennis" as you bragged after the match in the interview.... pffff whatever, I can play that kind of tennis myself if luck is on my side...

Highlights of the match (we are waiting for HD ones with longer duration)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdo7_yfpBX8

1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/26/2011(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#82 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:06:54 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Excellent "rant", Val. I really should shut up 'cos i watched a movie and zapped from time to

time to see Eurosport. When i saw those 61, i figured Masha still suffered due to that injury.

Zapped some more in set two and saw indeed "another girl". Pity we didn't had a 3th set...who knows?

About "luck"...i read all around Sam was lucky, but "luck+luck" are two. Somewhere luck doesn't fall

from the sky like that, u also "forge" it in a way. Sam isn't a bad player and neither is Masha...we'll

see Masha's "real" condition/tennis when she plays Na Li or Vika.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#83 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:47:03 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

Image Maria Sharapova: I still have two games and I will try to correct the situation

Maria Sharapova lost in the first day of the WTA tournament in Istanbul, to Australian Samantha Stosur with a score of 1:6, 5:7. Russian tennis player hopes to redeem this defeat in the next two matches, RIA Novosti reported.

"My opponent started the match and continued cool as well - said Sharapova. - I had chances in the second set when I led 3-0, could win a fourth game in a row. And at the end of the set might have been possible to extend the game, but I was not able to implement them. Well, well, I have two more matches to come, I will try to correct the situation and get through the group. "

Her first career victory after nine consecutive defeat against Sharapova Stosur called natural. "She played tennis more explosive than I am. Well served sliced ​​backhand to move freely around the court. It was our first match in the hall, and I think she played just great, "- explained the athlete.

Meanwhile, the Russian tennis player, said she had done everything in her power. "Sure, I played not so well as we would like, but I did everything I could for the moment. Just to show good tennis, that was not enough."

Athlete does not believe that an ankle injury received in a tournament in Tokyo three weeks ago, prevented her from preparing specifically for this match. 

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/488928 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#84 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:37:27 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Image Maria Sharapova: I still have two games and I will try to correct the situation

Maria Sharapova lost in the first day of the WTA tournament in Istanbul, to Australian Samantha Stosur with a score of 1:6, 5:7. Russian tennis player hopes to redeem this defeat in the next two matches, RIA Novosti reported.

"My opponent started the match and continued cool as well - said Sharapova. - I had chances in the second set when I led 3-0, could win a fourth game in a row. And at the end of the set might have been possible to extend the game, but I was not able to implement them. Well, well, I have two more matches to come, I will try to correct the situation and get through the group. "

Her first career victory after nine consecutive defeat against Sharapova Stosur called natural. "She played tennis more explosive than I am. Well served sliced ​​backhand to move freely around the court. It was our first match in the hall, and I think she played just great, "- explained the athlete.

Meanwhile, the Russian tennis player, said she had done everything in her power. "Sure, I played not so well as we would like, but I did everything I could for the moment. Just to show good tennis, that was not enough."

Athlete does not believe that an ankle injury received in a tournament in Tokyo three weeks ago, prevented her from preparing specifically for this match. 

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/488928 

Vika whacked Sam 62 62. Masha & Li coming up now!  

http://www.livescorehunt...ro/streams/1/lshro1.html 

Imnumber2
#85 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:41:42 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Paul, I like you saying ''wack''!!! :) I can see Vika whipping Sam!!!! KCHEEEU!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Philli
#86 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:08:27 PM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
When Philli Wan landed her shuttle at the Spaceport of Ista N'bul, she had hoped that the Princess had regained her old form and would be the Warrior to beat. Sadly, this was not the case. She had been beaten by the Warrior from Oz, and now The Warrior from the Land of the Dragon had breathed fire and burned her to a cinder. She could read the dispair in the Princess's eyes...there was no confidence anymore. Her Game showed only a few signs of brilliance scattered amongst periods of clumsiness, lack of concentration and frustration. This was not the Princess of old. Philli Wan breathed a deep sign of sadness and headed back to the Spaceport. She had seen enough. The Princess was in need of help but those who could give it to her were either being ignored or just not getting through to her.
M-Lover
#87 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:04:28 PM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Hey It happens I like your story Venerable Philli Wan.

Hamoudi
#88 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:19:24 PM(UTC)
Hamoudi

Maria still has a chance right !! Na Li, Li Na has to beat both Victoria and Sam and with some luck Maria will be in the semi final, but what the hell it doesn't matter for me as long as she can defeat Azarenka....
This is sad, another FREE 9 weeks for Caroline as world No.1 pfff

Ihumanluvmariasharapova419
#89 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:37:46 PM(UTC)
Ihumanluvmariasharapova419

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

guys, since she withdrew, will Masha keep her no. 2 ranking?

kvitoa is only 400 points behind her!

Brebis
#90 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:47:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

I am disappointed in Maria ! First of all she lost to Na Li !! Out of all people Na , she has won 2 matches since June !! Yet again Maria can not execute when needed. That's not the first time this happens. So many break points yesterday and today and she leaves the court with an other loss. To me there was no ankle problem , that she withdrew because of injury , I just can't believe that. It's DISAPPOINTMENT right now and I am angry with Maria for the withdrawl and because she let's two matches slip away !!! Will she stay in Istanbul or fly back to California ?

Imnumber2
#92 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:52:31 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

don't be disappointed, She tried her best but, NO EXCUSE FOR HER, base on this form no chance to win AT ALL.

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Philli
#93 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:58:25 PM(UTC)
Philli

Sharapova pulls out of WTA Championships
Wed, 26 Oct 20:07:00 2011

Maria Sharapova pulled out of the WTA Championships in Istanbul after she slumped to a second defeat in losing 6-7 4-6 to Li Na.

The Russian, who had a chance of taking over the world number one spot with a victory, is struggling with an ankle injury.

Her absence confirms that Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki will finish the season as the top-ranked player in the women's game.

Sharapova is to be replaced in the event by France's Marion Bartoli.
Dartagnan
#91 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:08:17 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
I am disappointed in Maria ! First of all she lost to Na Li !! Out of all people Na , she has won 2 matches since June !! Yet again Maria can not execute when needed. That's not the first time this happens. So many break points yesterday and today and she leaves the court with an other loss. To me there was no ankle problem , that she withdrew because of injury , I just can't believe that. It's DISAPPOINTMENT right now and I am angry with Maria for the withdrawl and because she let's two matches slip away !!! Will she stay in Istanbul or fly back to California ?

We should recognize that the two opponents of Masha were stronger than her this year. Stosur won the US open and Na Li won Roland Garros. So we have to recognize that it was difficult for Masha to defeat them this year. 

If Masha wants to win serious opponents in the future she should play a better tennis and she should cure her ankle. If you want to be a champion, you have to work harder than others, it is the rule. 

Gook luck Masha!!!!

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Philli
#94 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:42:23 PM(UTC)
Philli

Philli Wan received the news of the Princess's withdrawal from the Tournament just before she reached her shuttle at bay 13 of the Ista N'bul Spaceport. Her heart was filled with sadness. She paused for a moment to remember that time in a Tennis court far far away when she had first told the Princess about the Power of the Serve. She had promised her that the Serve would be with her...always. Those times are long gone. She thought of the days when the Dark side of the Serve was ruled by the Evil Sisters, and the two witches, Ivano Witch and Janko Witch whe were led by their evil master the Djocko witch. The Princess conquered them all but, alas, her power failed her when she needed it most and even when her friends rallied round her, Hans Olo and his sidekick Chewing Tabacca, and her great mentor Rafa Nad-Al, the writing was already on the wall. Distractions and lucrative Sponsor deals softened her up to the easy life and she took the road that led her away from her destiny. Philli Wan let out a sigh and shook her head. 'Oh Well' she said, 'There is another. My work is not yet done.' She walked up the ramp of her shuttle, slumped into the pilot seat, and powered up the engines. 'Time for me to become a recluse again' she muttered. 'I wonder how things are on Tatooine these days'.
Brebis
#95 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:46:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post
Philli Wan received the news of the Princess's withdrawal from the Tournament just before she reached her shuttle at bay 13 of the Ista N'bul Spaceport. Her heart was filled with sadness. She paused for a moment to remember that time in a Tennis court far far away when she had first told the Princess about the Power of the Serve. She had promised her that the Serve would be with her...always. Those times are long gone. She thought of the days when the Dark side of the Serve was ruled by the Evil Sisters, and the two witches, Ivano Witch and Janko Witch whe were led by their evil master the Djocko witch. The Princess conquered them all but, alas, her power failed her when she needed it most and even when her friends rallied round her, Hans Olo and his sidekick Chewing Tabacca, and her great mentor Rafa Nad-Al, the writing was already on the wall. Distractions and lucrative Sponsor deals softened her up to the easy life and she took the road that led her away from her destiny. Philli Wan let out a sigh and shook her head. 'Oh Well' she said, 'There is another. My work is not yet done.' She walked up the ramp of her shuttle, slumped into the pilot seat, and powered up the engines. 'Time for me to become a recluse again' she muttered. 'I wonder how things are on Tatooine these days'.
Goss , you must be happy the season is over ! You can go back to bed to recover from all the shit you are writing.

paul_pipkin
#97 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:03:03 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Actually, I kinda like the Philli Wan stuff.  

Things in Istanbulin are not quite over, though. Vika whacked Sam, will whack Li Na tomorrow & Vera defeated Princess Caro in three.  Vera plays Radwanska. Davaiii!!! 

CROUCHING TIGER
#98 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:47:48 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Glad i am Philli Wan still speaks the tongue of the Old Empire.

The Power of the Serve is still very strong in this one and protected she will be by us,

Warriors of Brusella.

Blood will splatter when we attack the evil Planet of Ceece and the gruesome Queen of B'Bs.

RISE OH MIGHTY KNIGHTS AND LET'S FLY WITH PHILLI WAN...Do u wanna live forever?

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Alexandre
#99 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:20:51 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I am sorry but I don’t agree with the all the latest comments that are full of unjustified optimism and naivety !!

I have the feeling that everybody is being too nice and kind with Maria while she needs to here some thruts !! Her ankle injury is not a relvant justification for those poor results at Istambul masters !! I mean she had a MONTH to recover and prepare since Tokyo !! Look at Azarenka she was also injured right after Beiging but it did not prevent her from winning Luxembourg open last week (with so much style) and then do this trumendous start at tha masters by dominating so easily Stosur !! Zvoraneva was also injured but it did not prevent her from doing a very good Asian tour, Russian open and then win the world number 1 player Wozniacki at the masters !! Even Na Li who has not won a single match since the US open had her first win against Maria a the Instambul Masters !!

Maria really needs to work on and improve her tennis, while all she does is paying attention to her sponsors and publicity/advertizing contracts … But guess what your image will not play for you on the court !! Maria u should better get back to your 2004-2008 strong level !! Because new comers like Kvitova and Azarenka are waiting right down the corner to dominate the WTA tour and you will not be able to do anything against that with your current lousy game !! That’s true, we are going from disapointment to disapointment: 1st at the australian open you loose at the 4th round against the weak Petkovich, then at your third Miami final you loose against Azarenka, then at the Rollang Garros semi final u loose against Na Li in a such a silly way, then you loose at the wimbledon final against an unexperienced Kvitova, then at the US open you are taken out by the LOUSY Penneta, and now there is this shame at the Istambul masters !!

You are playing like you have no Heart !!  You owe your fans to do your very very BEST !!  We deserve it !! What we don’t deserve is watching you doing some diva useless and unintersting show!! Be better than that Maria !!

Hire a coach that will help you reduce those UEs!! Hire a coach that will teach you a proper serve technique !! Hire a coach that will help you develop your tactical sense and strategy !! Hire a coach that will help you adapt your game against your different opponents !! Hire a coach that will teach you to win points at the net!! Hire a coach that will teach you how to do drop shots !!  Hire a coach that will tell u the thruts u don’t want to hear !!

That’s all I have to say !! I hope you will read that !!

I am telling u all that because I love u so much and I believe in your potential !! I will never forget this girl who won wimbledon in 2004 at the age of 17 by beating so outrageously the world numer 1 of the time Serena Williams !! I want, we want this girl back !!

M-Lover
#96 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:54:26 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post

Can't wait to read the next chapter of PhilliWan's intergalactic saga.

Valkyre
#100 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:58:39 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
You make it sound as if having an ankle injury like 25 days ago is nothing grave. And I ma y ask you, have you guys ever got a similar ankle injury like ever? If so were you able to compete without hiccups after such a little time? Even if your ankle is 100% perfect (which it ISNT) the injury stays in your head even subconsciously. If you havent played professional sports then I am sorry, no you cannot understand it fully.

Anyway Maria does need work, no1 said otherwise and of all people she herself admits that. But if you were expecting Maria to come off an injury like that after 25 days without any matches on her way, and any significant training, then I am sorry, either you dont know much about tennis, physio or sports in general.

In other news:

Highlights of the match vs Li Na (still waiting for HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4yNWKTVw40

Plus an interview before the start of the Championships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XbDXgNRV9k

I will update my thread with Maria's highlights as soon as we get better quality.
1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/27/2011(UTC)