logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
TOKYO OPEN UNDER HIGH LEVEL OF RADIATION
Dartagnan
#1 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 6:18:50 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

I ADVICE MASHA NOT TO PARTICIPATE TO THE TOURNAMENT IN JAPAN. THE LEVEL OF RADIATION IN JAPAN IS STILL VERY HIGH AS JAPAN IN A VERY SMALL COUNTRY SO THE RADIATION GOES EVERYWHERE. 

THERE ARE MANY INTERESTING TOURNAMENTS IN OTHER COUNTRIES. OR IT IS BETTER TO HAVE A REST. 

THANK YOU 

KISSES 

NEWS: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/28/japan-told-of-more-radiation-exposure/

MASHA

MASHA

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#2 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 6:37:57 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

I WOULD LIKE TO REMEMBER THAT SEVERAL TOURNAMENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED IN JAPAN THIS YEAR DUE TO THE HIGH LEVEL RADIATION.
FOR EXAMPLE:

The 2011 World Figure Skating Championships will take place in Moscow in late April after the threat of more earthquakes and concerns over rising radiation levels eventually forced Japan, the postponed tournament’s initial host, to cancel it. Several countries, Russia, Canada, France, Austria and Finland among them, submitted bids to host the event.

Upon evaluating all applications, the International Skating Union and the 2011 World Figure Skating Championships Organizing Committee unanimously decided in Russia’s favor. To many, it wasn’t a surprise. Ted Barton of the Canadian Figure Skating Federation said the choice was largely predictable. “The Russians can do things quickly. Do you need hotels? Here you are. Need a skating rink? It’s ready. Canada, for the moment, has nothing but words to prop up its bid”. President of Finland’s Figure Skating Association Susanna Rahkamo expressed doubt that the championships could be properly organized in less than a month. Russia thinks it can manage. Prime Minister Vladimir Putin brushed away doubts when he promised to do everything to make both athletes and guests feel comfortable in Moscow.

On behalf of the Russian government, sports lovers and figure skating fans, let me thank the International Skating Union for supporting our country’s bid. We had many competitors - Canada, France, Austria and Finland among them, all holding leading positions in figure skating and in sports in general. But let me assure our friends and partners: their athletes, all participants and foreign guests will feel at home in Moscow.

A renowned Russian skater and President of the national Figure Skating Federation Alexander Gorshkov told the Voice of Russia that the ISU decision to transfer the championships to Moscow was a great gift to Russian fans. But, he added, this is a gift tinged with sorrow over what happened in Japan.

I again present my condolences to our colleagues in the Japanese Skating Federation and to all Japanese people over the tragedy that resulted in the championships being displaced despite the huge effort taken to prepare for it. It’s very deplorable indeed. Nevertheless, we are proud of having been awarded this right.

The Megasport compound at Khodynka Field in northwestern Moscow is a unique modern ice sports center with a transformable multi-purpose arena fit for 20 sports, above all hockey, figure skating and short track. Although opened just four years ago, it has already hosted major international competitions, including the First Channel Ice Hockey Cup within the Euro League framework, the Euro League Volleyball Cup finals, and the 2007 Ice Hockey World Cup.

Prime Minister Vladimir Putin sees the Moscow world figure skating championships as part of preparations for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. “Our current figure skating team consists of very young athletes. This is actually a junior team. For them, the upcoming championships will be a jumpstart in their sports career,” said Mr. Putin.

Russia will host a bunch of top world sports events over the next few years. 2013 will see the 27th World Summer Student Games in Kazan, followed by the 22nd Winter Olympics and a Formula 1 Grand Prix race in Sochi in 2014. Finally, the 2018 World Football Cup will also be held in Russia.
"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2011 11:26:20 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Ah! That's the Moscow "Ice Palace" where they played a Fed Cup tie earlier this year.  Nice venue, moreso for the skaters than tennis.

I too am less enthused about the Toray--due to the radiation threat & other reasons. However, I can see a number of reasons Maria might choose to play it. Indeed, the exo in Chinese Taipei appears to serve as prep for Tokyo.

And consider: Can one who champions the cause of Chernobyl then shun Tokyo?  

Suggest if she's gotta play there. supply her own food & drink & get in and out ASAP.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Dartagnan
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:47:04 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

paul_pipkin;310570 wrote:

Ah! That's the Moscow "Ice Palace" where they played a Fed Cup tie earlier this year.  Nice venue, moreso for the skaters than tennis.

I too am less enthused about the Toray--due to the radiation threat & other reasons. However, I can see a number of reasons Maria might choose to play it. Indeed, the exo in Chinese Taipei appears to serve as prep for Tokyo.

And consider: Can one who champions the cause of Chernobyl then shun Tokyo?  

Suggest if she's gotta play there. supply her own food & drink & get in and out ASAP.

Yes that is a good idea to take her own food. But we have also the radiation in the air. Radiation is particularly dangerous for women because they create babies so if they have a damage of their DNA, their babies won't be in good health in the future or won't be normal.

Of course it is good to help people in difficulties but you have also be carefull about your health. 

And we should know that the radiation is still high in Japan.

Real situation of Fukushima now that Japanese medias hiding behind: 

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk-Dbsl0T2Y&feature=related

Japan cites radiation in Tokyo drinking water, food near nuke plant

ARTICLE: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=weather/earthquake_center&id=8022376

NOT NORMAL LEVEL OF RADIATION IN TOKYO

IT IS TIME NOT TO PLAY TENNIS IN TOKYO. YOU CAN HELP BUT DO NOT GO TO TOKYO.

RECENT MEASUREMENTS SHOWED A LEVEL 300 HIGHER THAN THE NORMAL LEVEL OF RADIATION IN THE NORTH OF TOKYO. 

masha

Brebis
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:43:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

Dartagnan;310482 wrote:

I ADVICE MASHA NOT TO PARTICIPATE TO THE TOURNAMENT IN JAPAN. THE LEVEL OF RADIATION IN JAPAN IS STILL VERY HIGH AS JAPAN IN A VERY SMALL COUNTRY SO THE RADIATION GOES EVERYWHERE. 

THERE ARE MANY INTERESTING TOURNAMENTS IN OTHER COUNTRIES. OR IT IS BETTER TO HAVE A REST. 

THANK YOU 

KISSES 

NEWS: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/28/japan-told-of-more-radiation-exposure/

MASHA

MASHA

You are doing a great job by making everyone scared !! Think of the millions who live in Japan and who have to deal with this situation day in , day out !!  Forget about Maria , just one week in Japan will not be a big deal !!!!!!!!!

1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 9/22/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:52:33 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Brebis;310885 wrote:

Dartagnan;310482 wrote:

THANK YOU 

KISSES 

MASHA

MASHA

You are doing a great job by making everyone scared !! Think of the millions who live in Japan and who have to deal with this situation day in , day out !!  Forget about Maria , just one week in Japan will not be a big deal !!!!!!!!!

I HOPE MARIA WILL DRINK THE RIGHT WATER, EAT THE RIGHT FOOD IN TOKYO BUT UNFORTUNATLY IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID THE AIR RADIATION. 

Dartagnan
#7 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 10:31:30 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

IF MARIA WANTS TO AVOID RADIATION IN TOKYO OPEN SHE HAS TWO SOLUTIONS:

FIRST SHE CAN LOSE HER FIRST MATCH 

SECOND SHE CAN DRINK POTATIUM IODIDE AFTER THE FIRST MATCH 

NONO

effects of Nuclear Radiation: 

The major symptoms of nuclear radiation are nausea and vomiting. These symptoms start to appear based on the intensity of the exposure to nuclear radiation. If the exposure is too high, symptoms start to appear immediately. In general, the symptoms start to appear within 24 to 48 hours of exposure to nuclear radiation. 

According to the CDC, potassium iodide is great for protecting people against radioactive iodine, which is one of the things released in the Japan nuclear reactor explosion. However, it only protects the thyroid gland. 

MASHA

Dartagnan
#8 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 5:19:36 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Fukushima Radiation sickness spreading to Tokyo (09/19/2011)

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKufTso45F8

masha

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 9/23/2011(UTC), paul_pipkin on 9/23/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#9 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 11:20:19 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Dartagnan;310906 wrote:

Fukushima Radiation sickness spreading to Tokyo (09/19/2011)

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKufTso45F8

masha

Thanx, Dart. I examined all this carefully & compared a screen shot of the sketch map in the vid to a Tokyo map. While there is a large yellow spot near the center of Koto, the area of the Ariake seems slightly left of the main body of "hot spots". From the looks of this, players should take hotels well to the west of Tokyo Bay.

The potassium iodide prophylaxis should not be neglected. Saturating the thyroid with a daily recommended dose prevents radioactive Iodine-131 from concentrating in the gland. All the girls should use this while in the city.

CROUCHING TIGER
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:07:03 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
http://youtu.be/8trsDPpAI5E

I'm not a scientist, but this begins to look like paranoia. If the danger was that great

NO PLAYER would go over there. We're not "On The Beach" here as far as i know. Don't get me

wrong...that info is very usefull and i spend some hours on this pc for info, etc.... A girl like Masha would

NEVER play here if those Russian experts whom with the team would set the light on RED.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:29:23 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Housing & eating & drink strategy, and self-medication are prudent rather than paranoid. I'm fairly confident that Chernobyl-wise Russian personnel are highly attuned to this. Sure.

But I think it's a good thing to raise the concern here because we won't hear squat from "official sources"--least of all WTA. In typical Yankified fashion, any unpleasantness that does not tend to optimize commerce & consumption, they greet with total denial 

The "players' organization", laughingly so-called has as little regard for this concern as they have for any other issue of players' well-being.

Dartagnan
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:26:19 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

paul_pipkin;310915 wrote:

Housing & eating & drink strategy, and self-medication are prudent rather than paranoid. I'm fairly confident that Chernobyl-wise Russian personnel are highly attuned to this. Sure.

But I think it's a good thing to raise the concern here because we won't hear squat from "official sources"--least of all WTA. In typical Yankified fashion, any unpleasantness that does not tend to optimize commerce & consumption, they greet with total denial 

The "players' organization", laughingly so-called has as little regard for this concern as they have for any other issue of players' well-being.

Yes I agree with you. I think that the money all these "commercial organisations"&WTA earn using tennis players is more important than the health of these players.

They say nothing about the radiation and the level of radiation in Tokyo. They say nothing about the precaution each player should take before coming in Tokyo. 

But what is more important? Money or health? If you have a bad health after a tournament, you won't be an excellent tennis player. 

Golden words of Paul: "Housing & eating & drink strategy, and self-medication are prudent rather than paranoid."

You have to be prudent and take your precaution against radiation if you are in Tokyo. 

You have to be carefull with the food and water. Water keeps and spreads the radiation. 

(TOKYO) Radiation Found in Japan's Mushrooms : 220 Miles From Plant

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhOZFaD7EBY

DRINK OR NO TO DRINK THIS WATER??? HAVE A SHOWER OR NOT HAVE A SHOWER WITH THIS WATER????

masha

Dartagnan
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:01:00 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Tamarine Tanasugarn vs. Maria Sharapova (NB 17.00hrs) 08:00:00 GMT Eurosport, world feed 

Who will stay longer under Tokyo high radiation???Masha or Tamarine??The loser of this match will be the winner!!!

masha

Dartagnan
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:17:38 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Children In Japan Purposely Killed by Japanese Govt- (09/21/2011)

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjiYpo7WXs 

Dartagnan;310943 wrote:

Tamarine Tanasugarn vs. Maria Sharapova (NB 17.00hrs) 08:00:00 GMT Eurosport, world feed 

Who will stay longer under Tokyo high radiation???Masha or Tamarine??The loser of this match will be the winner!!!

masha

giane
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:40:49 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
i saw paul's posted schedule.. it seems it's a fixed schedule.. so maybe it's not that dangerous... i agree with Tiger, if the risk is too high, no player will attempt to go and play there..

TPPO is where i first saw Maria playing.. so better wish luck and safety! take care Maria.. :)) Davai!
Dartagnan
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:50:02 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

giane;310952 wrote:
i saw paul's posted schedule.. it seems it's a fixed schedule.. so maybe it's not that dangerous... i agree with Tiger, if the risk is too high, no player will attempt to go and play there..

TPPO is where i first saw Maria playing.. so better wish luck and safety! take care Maria.. :)) Davai!

It is just a supposition that there is no danger. Do you think Tigers know physics? Have you measured the level of Radition on the tennis court?

You can't see the radiation, you can't smell it. But it is here near you. Clever people don't play tennis in these conditions, particularly sportwomen who need a lot of air during training and a tennis match. Do you know that the nuclear radiation is in the air?

masha

masha

Dartagnan
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 10:30:33 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

NORMAL REACTION OF MARIA SHARAPOVA AS A CLEVER PERSON: 

Maria was scared too: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=204048

masha

masha

[/quote]

paul_pipkin
#18 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 11:21:43 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Thanx for the link:

Monday, September 26, 2011

Sports

Maria was scared too

World number two Maria Sharapova Sunday admitted to concerns about playing in the Pan Pacific Open in Japan after the March earthquake-tsunami sparked the worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl.

But the popular Russian said that the presence of seven of the world's top 10 women's players in Tokyo should serve as "a big statement" of support for Japan in a time of crisis.

"There was definitely a lot of talk before the tournament, a lot of players having concerns whether it's safe to come here," Sharapova said.

"I know that a few actually didn't come here because they were a little bit scared."

Before the matches began Sunday, organisers and players held a short ceremony to mourn the devastation wrought by the 9.0-magnitude quake and tsunami that left more than 20,000 dead or missing along Japan's northeastern Pacific coast.

The disasters triggered a series of meltdowns and explosions at the Fukushima nuclear power plant northeast of Tokyo.

World number one Caroline Wozniacki said she had been deeply moved at the Japanese people's stoicism.

I think we must acknowledge that only four Russians are playing:

Sharapova (most cosmopolitan)

Zvonareva (intern of the Foreign Ministry)

Kirilenko (heavily invested/identified with the Pacific Rim)

Pavlyuchenkova (by her own declaration, an "unusual person" lol)

The hard core did not participate: Kuzi, Nadia, Katya Makarova, Vesnina, etc. The younger Russians did not even come to the qualies.

Compare to the turnout for Central Asian events. 

From the country of Chernobyl, not a single Ukrainian:!: 

Yeah, there was certainly caution in all the Russias--and we can presume, if there were any institutional mandate at all, it was solely to the "ambassadors". 

CROUCHING TIGER
#19 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 12:06:40 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
Damn Paul, i agree they have to be PRUDENT as u said. And i'm sure all the measures of safety

are taken around those players. I referred to what Brebis said earlier, that talk about fear

grippin' around all over media, chats, u-tube and create an even bigger "paranoia principle".

Most of those girls are future mothers!!! Really think they would risk and play if there was

the slightest danger for a women's most valuable dream?

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#20 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 12:36:05 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Except for what Dart brings us here, I don't read that stuff. I'm just sayin' -- who we got there & who we don't & what that means.

The bulk of the Rus can get themselves out to Central Asia & to Beijing next week (see below). But not to Tokyo. I'm betting Shamil among others said hey, if you are uneasy, blow it off