logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<23456>»
IN THE DARK THE SCREEN LIGHTS UP...WE'RE AT THE MOVIES!!!!
CROUCHING TIGER
#61 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 4:39:19 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
This weekend is your last chance to see Master Class. It closes on Sunday. Buy your tickets now!
Master Class on Broadway
www.newyork.com
The Best Guide to Master Class on Broadway. Buy tickets to Master Class and get information, photos and videos of Master Class on Broadway.

Found it on google...type "Master Class last WE in New York"...lotsa stuff will come up and also the playbill!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#62 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 4:46:04 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.facebook.com/NewYorkCom

CROUCHING TIGER
#63 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 4:51:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.newyork.com/p...adway_shows_master_class

That familiar face was MARIA CALLAS...

CROUCHING TIGER
#64 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 8:27:35 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

One of the best Filmfestivals just took off. TORONTO can be proud on it's selection filled with strong,

powerfull movies who mostly end up in the Globe/Awards-nominees.

http://www.imdb.com/features/toronto/2011/blog/

CROUCHING TIGER
#65 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:51:43 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

The new thriller by Steven Soderbergh, "Contagion", and it all starts with dangerous dame Gwyneth

CROUCHING TIGER
#66 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:25:46 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

ABOUT NIKITA...PETA or MAGGIE?

paul_pipkin
#67 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:10:23 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

Peta Wilson is a no-brainer. No one will ever top La Femme Nikita--better even than the movies. (Too bad they never did a R-rated feature film with her.)

That said, Maggie Q is a fascinating figure in her own right. With superb supporting cast, even dumbed-down Amerikan product has actually managed to grasp the essential ethos & ambience of the La Femme world. Willing to say it's the first time CW Network has produced a drama that isn't dreck. Fans of athletics will recognize that Maggie simply does not possess the muscle-mass implied in the action scenes, but hey, it's film, okay? I'm willing to let that go.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#69 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:41:04 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

See what they did with Gwyneth? It was a decent pic; "naked in fishnetstockings" but nothing vulgar, y'know?...stupid those guys forbid it. Dunno how it happened, but suddenly "Matrix" came up without i did some-

thing...i kept on goin' with the Shack and some seem to work. Some of my problems solved:)))

I loved Maggie the first time i saw her in "M:I-4"...CLASS & MISTERY. Her "Nikita" looks more like a teenage-

version of the original but i love to see it for her and that "Alex".

PETA brings up lots of memories for me, private and the excellent series. She tried many times to start a movie-

career but it just wouldn't take. I see those two shows totally apart from the original Bessonmovie, that's why

there's no pic of Anne Parrilaud.

CROUCHING TIGER
#70 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:29:08 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I don't like remakes of great, classic movies but this is done with respect and honor for the original

by Steven Soderbergh & James Cameron.

CROUCHING TIGER
#71 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:35:51 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Gwyneth once more, AND DON'T TOUCH THIS NICE GIRL or i'll send "IRON MAN":))

CROUCHING TIGER
#72 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2011 10:57:21 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I can recommend the new Robert REDFORD, "THE CONSPIRATOR".

It's the first movie of "The American Film Company", a group who tells about unknown details

in important American history-events. This movie tells about Mary Surratt, the only woman who

was on trial and accused for the Lincolnmurder. Until know we still don't know if she was guilty.

Redford plays it smart; one can see this as a 19th-century "Grisham"-thriller or u can see it as

a typical Redford who ask questions about American Law from then till now (certainly in wartime).

"Inter arma enim silent Musae" says somebody at the end and that sums it all up...VERY GOOD MOVIE!!!

CROUCHING TIGER
#73 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2011 10:58:35 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

THEY FUCKED UP MY LOVELY GWYNETH AGAIN!!! But she's on my FB...LOL:)

CROUCHING TIGER
#74 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 12:53:51 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

68th Venice Film Festival

Official Awards

The 68th Venice Film Festival came to an end with the Awards Ceremony on September 10th.
Golden Lion for Best Film to "FAUST" by the great Russian director Aleksander SOKUROV. Silver Lion for Best Director to Shangjun Cai for the film Ren Shan Ren Hai. Special Jury Prize to Terraferma by Emanuele Crialese. Coppa Volpi to Michael Fassbender (in the film Shame) and to Deanie Yip (in the film Tao Jie).
Check out the full list of Official Awards >>
VIDEOS: awards ceremonies of Venezia 68 - Orizzonti - Controcampo Italiano

CROUCHING TIGER
#75 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:38:43 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Director Roman Polanski will return to Switzerland later this month to attend the Zurich Film Festival, two years after he was arrested en route to the annual ceremony on sex charges dating back to 1977. The Rosemary's Baby filmmaker, who lives in France, had been on his way to the city to collect an award in 2009 when he was taken into custody by airport officials in Zurich - more than 30 years after he fled America and skipped sentencing on a charge of unlawful sex with a minor. He subsequently fought extradition to the U.S. and was allowed to walk free following several months of jail time and house arrest at his Swiss chalet, after officials rejected the extradition bid. Now Polanski is planning to return to the country to collect a lifetime achievement award at the Zurich Film Festival in 2009. A statement issued by festival organisers and directors Karl Spoerri and Nadja Schildknecht reads: "We are especially proud to welcome Roman Polanski this year to receive his award." The ceremony will take place on 27 September.

...LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE SQUEEZED THOSE SWISS BALLS:)))

paul_pipkin
#76 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:51:56 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Director Roman Polanski will return to Switzerland later this month to attend the Zurich Film Festival, two years after he was arrested en route to the annual ceremony on sex charges dating back to 1977. The Rosemary's Baby filmmaker, who lives in France, had been on his way to the city to collect an award in 2009 when he was taken into custody by airport officials in Zurich - more than 30 years after he fled America and skipped sentencing on a charge of unlawful sex with a minor. He subsequently fought extradition to the U.S. and was allowed to walk free following several months of jail time and house arrest at his Swiss chalet, after officials rejected the extradition bid. Now Polanski is planning to return to the country to collect a lifetime achievement award at the Zurich Film Festival in 2009. A statement issued by festival organisers and directors Karl Spoerri and Nadja Schildknecht reads: "We are especially proud to welcome Roman Polanski this year to receive his award." The ceremony will take place on 27 September.

...LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE SQUEEZED THOSE SWISS BALLS:)))

Vive Roman!  The unspoken Amerikaan "non-history" is thus: Before the 1990s, the so=called "statutory rape" laws were largely ignored, seldom prosecuted and in fact, in several states seriously considered their repeal as the anachronisms they are. In recent years, a massive propaganda effort has been made to erase the existence of the different societal paradigm that prevailed then. 

These sick Yankee sexual obsessions, coupled with US mania to oppress the entire earth with its "authority", go far to explain the attack on Polanski. Europe & her consituent States are correct to protect citizens against persecution from the Yankeeland.

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 9/19/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#68 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 10:48:08 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Peta Wilson is a no-brainer. No one will ever top La Femme Nikita--better even than the movies. (Too bad they never did a R-rated feature film with her.)

That said, Maggie Q is a fascinating figure in her own right. With superb supporting cast, even dumbed-down Amerikan product has actually managed to grasp the essential ethos & ambience of the La Femme world. Willing to say it's the first time CW Network has produced a drama that isn't dreck. Fans of athletics will recognize that Maggie simply does not possess the muscle-mass implied in the action scenes, but hey, it's film, okay? I'm willing to let that go.

Nikita starts new season on Friday. Caveat: CW has moved it from the 10pm Eastern, 9pm Central timeslot to 8pm Eastern, 7pm Central. As you may know, "primetime", the "family hour" in the States is typically shit We shall see.

CW has trotted out two new pieces of fluff: Secret Circle (teen witches) with Thomas Dekker (young John Connor in Sara Connor Chronicles) & Ringer with Sara Michele Geller. Neither can rescue these turkeys. Dunno what the hell happened to Geller's career to crash her down to CW

CROUCHING TIGER
#77 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 12:52:45 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Sarah Michelle will always be "BUFFY". She tried some shitters like "Scooby Doo" or J-horror

like "The Grudge 1+2" and a "Buffy"-moviescript lies since years somewhere on a shelf...no, think

she'll never slay again...pity, liked her.

CROUCHING TIGER
#78 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:13:44 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.filmfestival.be/

38th Festival already. This one is unique because the focus here is music. How music can play a major

role, musicals, the world greatest composers, etc...

GHENT is therefore considered as one of the most "original" Filmfestivals in the world.

Isabelle HUPPERT is among many others GUEST OF HONOR and as every year the Music Awards will go

to someone as Alexandre Desplat, John Williams or other great names of filmcomposers...take a look if u please...thx

paul_pipkin
#79 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 1:22:24 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I finally viewed Aronofsky's Black Swan. Trippy.  Okay, so I doubt she could dance even the finale with glass in her gut but, hey--surreal to the end.

Portman fine as always--her Ukranian co-star pretty good too. Kunis's work is generally not my sorta stuff, but I had noticed her in Book of Eli.

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/5/2011(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#80 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:24:04 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Yes, excellent piece of work by Aronofsky who deserved a lot more Awards then just the one for Natalie.

It's an independent, but Hollywood just couldn't go around that fantastic perf' by Portman. I love the

duality and the darkness who reminded me the work of a Cronenberg(bodyhorror) and of course Polanski

for the schizo-theme(Polanski already did that with Cathérine Deneuve in "Repulsion").

Mila Kunis shows she can do it all. They should use her talent more in this kind of movies.

The French guy who trains Natalie's character became last year her husband.