logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<121314
US OPEN 2011 (29 August - 11 September)
shrapilova
#262 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:36:20 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Yeah, Maria's double, Djoker won.
Congrats to them ( Maria and her double ).
Valkyre
#263 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:20:27 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
After watching last night's mens final, I can say with certainty that Novak is simply INVINCIBLE this year....

I am trully amazed at how much he has improved since last year...I mean its unbelievable...the guy has no weaknesses....and his mental toughness at the moment is his most fearsome weapon. Not only does he play as number one, he FEELS like he is number one. The guy is a beast, Nadal is really having psychological troubles against him.

Novak is having one of the best tennis tour seasons ever in the game(if not THE best ever)and he is doing it while playing against extremely powerfull opponents. To me this is the best ATP performance ever. I dont want to jinx him, but after Cincinnati and his first sign of weakness this year, I never thought that he would be able to win US open. I thought he wouldnt be able to physically do it, yet he did, and in a spectacular way...

wow, simply wow...

I know this is a Maria forum, but we have to give credit to the Djoker...he simply dominates ATP this year.
CROUCHING TIGER
#264 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:45:37 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)
I opened a new "ATP TENNIS"-topic in "Tennis Talk" so we won't mix up Masha with Djokovic i the future:)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#257 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:44:35 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post
Here's the Verdict from the Chicken Shit Organizers of the USO:

US Open - Serena fined for outburst
Mon, 12 Sep 20:33:00 2011

Serena Williams has been fined $2,000 (£1,265) for verbally abusing the chair umpire during her loss to Sam Stosur in the US Open fina Williams, who was still on probation over an in incident at the 2009 U.S. Open, escaped a more severe penalty after officials ruled Sunday's incident was not a major offence.

"Williams' conduct, while verbally abusive, does not rise to the level of a major offense under the grand slam code of conduct," tournament referee Brian Earley said in a statement.

This makes me sick.

Tell me what I say, hunh?  $2K ain't spit. It's a defiant INSULT, telling the public, "We won't do anything to the Yankee corporate housepet--and you can't make us. Our little psycho can behave any way she likes."

Watch out for USTA retaliation against Asderaki.

But NOW, wanna hear weird? At 16:00 EDT, with no warning, CBS Network abruptly ditched coverage of the men's final. What I'm seeing here is Ellen Degeneris. Unless this is regional cable system hanky-panky, it would appear our media wants to get away from this whole USO cluster-yank ASAP 

update: Apparently CBS went to the USO about 19:00 EDT. Bizarre. 

WEDNESDAY MORNING, 09:00 am EDTafter everyone is at work, Tennis Channel in the States FINALLY breaks down & STARTS to replay Sam def Serena Final. 

They did not cut/suppress any more than ESPN2. The rescheduling tells it allonly other showing this week will be at midnight EDT. This was all about showing Serena's embarrassment as little as possible & to as few viewers as they could manage.

IOW, Sam gets cheated of US credit & exposure per a futile Yankee attempt at damage control. 

THURSDAY: Again they seem to have heard us (and no doubt others). Digital cable guide now shows TTC airing the women's final in primetime tonight at 19:00 EDT. lol!

19:00: Nah--they frackin' did it again, running the Women's Doubles they'd previously scheduled. They ain't gonna show Sam beat Serena in primetime.  No way. Don't that say it all? Look at this: 

http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded 

Tell me that woman is in her right mind? 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17