logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<11121314>
US OPEN 2011 (29 August - 11 September)
Imnumber2
#242 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:39:12 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

To Maria,

Thank you for loosing so early,

Love

SAM STOSUR,

:D

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
1 user thanked Imnumber2 for this useful post.
Valkyre on 9/12/2011(UTC)
giane
#245 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 8:08:37 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
^LOL like it!

anyways, my congratulations to Samantha for defeating Serena! :p
ShelbyK
#243 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:03:52 PM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Imnumber2 Go to Quoted Post

To Maria,

Love

SAM STOSUR,

hahahahaah! Love this.

katmilr
#246 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:47:47 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Still pissed.
I can't believe Maria lost to Flavia who has been useless all year.
CROUCHING TIGER
#247 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 12:01:45 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Vera didn't die in vain...HAIL to MAD SAM OF OZ:)...mourn Amerika, mourn 'cos this is THE END!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
saloabad
#248 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 1:10:30 AM(UTC)
saloabad

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Wow, I was thinking what if Maria got to the final, It would have being her 4th grand slam. But next year she will get her tittles.
Anyway althoug it's not the same I just want to say THANK YOU SAM!!!! gosh anybody who beats Serena gets an standing ovation from me.
irvino
#241 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 1:17:03 AM(UTC)
irvino

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Freedom23 Go to Quoted Post

God Bless Stosur. Played incredibly, played like the #1 in the world, fearless. AND she didn't choke.

Now, on to Serena. Karma indeed bites twice. And it bites hard. REAL hard. 2 things are going to happen after the U.S. Open. Aussie's are going to be full of joy and pride, and Serena will be officially called the Match Ruiner. Serena yelled in the midst of a point while Sam was scurrying for the ball. Sam thought she should have won the point, based on the hinderance sport law, and the umpire agreed. Serena on the other hand, went batshit crazy. She thinks the umpire has a conspiracy to ruin Serena's life and during the next couple of changeovers complains to the umpire saying stuff like "if you see me, go the other way". Sam got rattled, I began to gnaw at my fingernails, but she got on track. My nails were saved in the process. In the end, Sam won, celebrated, and sat by Serena and had a healthy, good chat. There shold be no tension between the two, at least no personal tension. The fact that Serena broke Sam back after the "yell call", proves that Sam didn't win soley on that. I just wish Sam could have enjoyed winning the U.S. Open without any controversy, just like I felt towards Kim back in '09.

Anyways, that's all I have to say.

Peace and love.

"Anyways, that's all I have to say."    And you said it very well, Freedom! I couldn't help but notice that the commentariat constantly made excuses for the "sweat hog" (credit Paul for the nickname). And at the same time, they rarely gave Sam the credit she deserved. Great match, and a good call by the official!

Philli
#249 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 2:37:24 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Yes, it was a great final. I, too, was worried that Sam might choke and let the Bulk walk all over her....but she didn't. congrats to Sam. 4 different winners to the 2011 Grand Slam Series...amazing year.

And now the really good news. Let me be the first to tell you that Maria is NUMBER 2 in the rankings.
Valkyre
#244 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 2:42:53 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Νeedless to say....wow Sam... when Vera went out of the picture, I will admit, I never thought Sam could win the Slam...I was not even giving her any chances. But not only did she prove me worng, she did it in a very commanding performance... totally deserving, my congrats to Sam and all the australians! In fact her entire performance here was extremely commanding. I will say it though, even if I dont particularly enjoy Serena and all the politics behind her and Im not very fond of her as well (look at the finals charade with Eva showing total lack of class yet once again), that returning after an injury and doing all she did, is not a small feat. She is a beast and altho I do not like her at all in many and various ways, I have to give her credit for that. Classless, but a beast nonetheless.

Anyway today is Sam's day and I am really glad she proved most of us (if not all of us) wrong by stepping on the court like a true champ!

Originally Posted by: Imnumber2 Go to Quoted Post

To Maria,

Love

SAM STOSUR,

I cant but giggle on the irony of that one haha good one!

Valkyre
#250 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 2:50:19 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post
Yes, it was a great final. I, too, was worried that Sam might choke and let the Bulk walk all over her....but she didn't. congrats to Sam. 4 different winners to the 2011 Grand Slam Series...amazing year.

And now the really good news. Let me be the first to tell you that Maria is NUMBER 2 in the rankings.

While it is indeed good news for some of us, it isnt that good for me in particular. Maria's performance was dissapointing in this Slam. Apart from the second round where she was commanding, the 1st round and the 3rd one were really not how you play in a Slam. She was lucky she did not have to defend many points here and with all the other players not performing as well, the rankings worked her way for this event. But as I said many times, I love Maria because of her spunk, I love Maria because no matter what she wont give up. And if she fixes the parts of her game that actually hurt her more than her opponent then she can be a commanding no2 in the world (or even no1, if she is in AO 08 mode nothing can stop her) rather than simply a no2 in the world.

And I am sure no2 doesnt mean a lot to Maria unless that turns out to be no1. She has a lot of defending to do next year, and I am sure we will see her return even hungrier and more motivated than ever. If she improves as much as she did this year compared to 2010 then we just might see her play one of her best seasons ever. Only time will tell. For now she needs to close this year with more wins and get those UE fixed.

shrapilova
#252 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:02:23 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Serena could be fined, suspended for actions
Ticker - Sunday, September 11, 2011

Serena Williams is facing a possible fine or suspension for lashing out at chair umpire Eva Asderaki in her 6-2, 6-3 final round loss to Samantha Stosur at the U.S. Open.

In the first game of the second set on break point, Serena yelled right after she hit a forehand down the line and before Stosur was able to get her racquet on the ball. Asderaki then awarded the point to Stosur, stating that Grand Slam rules supported that decision.

At a 2009 WTA tournament in Doha, Serena did much the same thing against Svetlana Kuznetsova, but Asderaki only had the two replay the point. The WTA has different rules than the Grand Slams.

In New York on Sunday, Serena asked Asderaki whether she was the same umpire who had "screwed me over the last time."

Serena eventually lost her temper, berated Asderaki and eventually received a code violation.

"Tournament Referee Brian Earley is presently reviewing this incident on tape and also will have further discussions with the chair umpire to determine whether this code violation will result in a fine, and, if so, the level of that fine," the USTA said in a statement. "The decision regarding this matter will be issued tomorrow. Any impact this code violation might have on Serena Williams’ Grand Slam probation would require the incident being ruled a major event. That determination will be made by the Grand Slam Committee Director."

Serena has been on probation since berating a lineswoman in the 2009 U.S. Open semifinals against Kim Clijsters. Her probation was set to expire after the 2011 U.S. Open. A violation of her probation could result in a possible suspension.

Serena would not apologize for her behavior in her post match press conference.

Microphones caught Serena telling Asderaki not to look at her when they walk past each other in the hallway, calling her a "loser" and saying that she is "unattractive inside."

It is unclear whether Serena swore at Asderaki when she walked over toward her and shook her racquet at her after winning the first point of the second game of the second set.

"I don't even remember what I said," Serena told reporters. "It was just so intense out there. It's the final for me, I guess I'll see it on YouTube. I was just in the zone. I think everyone, when they play, they kind of zone out kinda thing. I don't know, I'll see it later, I'm sure."

1 user thanked shrapilova for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 9/12/2011(UTC)
M-Lover
#251 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:46:15 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Valkyre Go to Quoted Post

While it is indeed good news for some of us, it isnt that good for me in particular. Maria's performance was dissapointing in this Slam. Apart from the second round where she was commanding, the 1st round and the 3rd one were really not how you play in a Slam. She was lucky she did not have to defend many points here and with all the other players not performing as well, the rankings worked her way for this event. But as I said many times, I love Maria because of her spunk, I love Maria because no matter what she wont give up. And if she fixes the parts of her game that actually hurt her more than her opponent then she can be a commanding no2 in the world (or even no1, if she is in AO 08 mode nothing can stop her) rather than simply a no2 in the world.

Ironically, if Wozniacki is the slamless number1, Sharapova could be seen as the slamless number2, given that she's won no slam since Jan 2008. Azarenka and Zvonareva, still in search for their first slam, follow.  A proof that you don't need to win a GS to be in the top ranking?

Another funny thing: the three first-time-slam-winners of 2011 are ranked 5, 6 and 7 in the new WTA ranking just behind the fab four. It would be amazing to see all those 7 players competing in the Year End Championship.

Anyway, Sammy's victory over Serena is a great surprise. Althought I like her and support her, I've never thought she could do that. She so disappointed me when she lost to Francesca in the French final last year. I'm glad she could do it again and knocked down Serena whom everyone saw as the USOpen winner. Although Serena didn't play well (thanks to Wozniacki's sabotage work?), Sammy played like a champion. 

CROUCHING TIGER
#254 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 4:54:44 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
WOZ' sabotage work? hahahaha...you're really obsessed by her, ain't u?:

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#253 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 10:13:28 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shrapilova Go to Quoted Post
Serena could be fined, suspended for actions Ticker - Sunday, September 11, 2011  In New York on Sunday, Serena asked Asderaki whether she was the same umpire who had "screwed me over the last time." Serena eventually lost her temper, berated Asderaki and eventually received a code violation. "Tournament Referee Brian Earley is presently reviewing this incident on tape and also will have further discussions with the chair umpire to determine whether this code violation will result in a fine, and, if so, the level of that fine," the USTA said in a statement. "The decision regarding this matter will be issued tomorrow. Any impact this code violation might have on Serena Williams’ Grand Slam probation would require the incident being ruled a major event. That determination will be made by the Grand Slam Committee Director." Serena has been on probation since berating a lineswoman in the 2009 U.S. Open semifinals against Kim Clijsters. Her probation was set to expire after the 2011 U.S. Open. A violation of her probation could result in a possible suspension. Serena would not apologize for her behavior in her post match press conference. Microphones caught Serena telling Asderaki not to look at her when they walk past each other in the hallway, calling her a "loser" and saying that she is "unattractive inside." It is unclear whether Serena swore at Asderaki when she walked over toward her and shook her racquet at her after winning the first point of the second game of the second set. "

Don't hold your breath for a finding of "major event". The entire tennis establishment is in collusion to keep this battered hulk afloat. lol Regardless, here comes another hearing. The problem is that Serena's immunity to rules lays the legal foundation for any other player penalized to jam up the tennis bosses in court.

ESPN2 did the necessary: pro forma excuses for her loss & chastisement of her conduct. Tennis Channel did not go as far, offering more excuses & largely ignoring implications of the code violation.

But forget spin. She utterly destroyed the objectives of this stitched up, crooked USO

They might have tried hanky-panky to pull Roddick and perhaps Isner beyond what they could naturally achieve with home court advantage--except for "Bubblegate". For the first time in a LONG time, a REAL Players' Union is again discussed & Roddick is on board. The bosses dared not further feed that storm.

So they were left with the women's side & lesser events. Surely no intelligent eye can miss the staged character of the mixed doubles outcome. Other "American victories" I'm still scrutinizing, but roll 'em all together & they pale against the failure at the top where it counted.

I don't imagine they tried anything to impede or corrupt Samantha. They didn't think they needed to, see? All the fixing was done at every stage to get Serena through. All she had to do was not go off again and drop the ball.

But she did

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Philli
#255 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 2:58:14 PM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Here's the Verdict from the Chicken Shit Organizers of the USO:

US Open - Serena fined for outburst
Mon, 12 Sep 20:33:00 2011

Serena Williams has been fined $2,000 (£1,265) for verbally abusing the chair umpire during her loss to Sam Stosur in the US Open fina Williams, who was still on probation over an in incident at the 2009 U.S. Open, escaped a more severe penalty after officials ruled Sunday's incident was not a major offence.

"Williams' conduct, while verbally abusive, does not rise to the level of a major offense under the grand slam code of conduct," tournament referee Brian Earley said in a statement.

This makes me sick.
Brebis
#258 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:24:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Congratulations to Sam for beating Serena ! Great play , well deserved after being around in tennis for so long. Let's hope Maria can play 2 more great tournaments before heading to Istanbul. She might get close to the number 1 ranking by year end.
paul_pipkin
#256 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:27:43 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post
Here's the Verdict from the Chicken Shit Organizers of the USO:

US Open - Serena fined for outburst
Mon, 12 Sep 20:33:00 2011

Serena Williams has been fined $2,000 (£1,265) for verbally abusing the chair umpire during her loss to Sam Stosur in the US Open fina Williams, who was still on probation over an in incident at the 2009 U.S. Open, escaped a more severe penalty after officials ruled Sunday's incident was not a major offence.

"Williams' conduct, while verbally abusive, does not rise to the level of a major offense under the grand slam code of conduct," tournament referee Brian Earley said in a statement.

This makes me sick.

Tell me what I say, hunh?  $2K ain't spit. It's a defiant INSULT, telling the public, "We won't do anything to the Yankee corporate housepet--and you can't make us. Our little psycho can behave any way she likes."

Watch out for USTA retaliation against Asderaki.

But NOW, wanna hear weird? At 16:00 EDT, with no warning, CBS Network abruptly ditched coverage of the men's final. What I'm seeing here is Ellen Degeneris. Unless this is regional cable system hanky-panky, it would appear our media wants to get away from this whole USO cluster-yank ASAP 

update: Apparently CBS went to the USO about 19:00 EDT. Bizarre. 

Up yours, CBS! If you don't wanna watch guys all afternoon, a NICE American girl, Alison Riske is playing Québec City, Canada right now with a couple of Canucks to follow. 

http://www.seeon.tv/view/19139/ 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
ShelbyK
#259 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 5:02:42 PM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Serena is the reason i will never be a umpire. If she got mad at me i would scream and run around.

Stargateman
#260 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 5:29:38 PM(UTC)

I've been Masha's fan for many years now -- an often frustrating business, I have to say -- and I will continue, whatever the results. However, I do belive quite strongly that if, Masha, you are a 4th-ranked player in the world, with your enormous experience, not only you should be able to win matches againsts most players if they come to the final sent; you ABSOLUTELY MUST close such matches when they are balanced at 4-all in the final set. That's when all this experience and grit and a little extra something that the players outside the top 20 don't possess (and that's why they are outside the top 20) should come in very handy. You will most probably never read this post but I was disappointed with the way you finally succumbed to Claudia in the 3rd round. Yezh, you had a bad day in the office, sure, it happens to everyone but when you find yourself at 4-all in the final set == that's when you show everyone who you are and why you are at the top (or very near the top). And let's face it, there have been matches in your career when you snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (Dinara at the French Open a couple of years back, e.g. or Kim in Toronto or Cincinatti -- sorry, can't remember -- last season). At this U.S. Open it was especially frustrating as you were lucky to be in the easier half of the draw and would've, I am sure, made the final (and, the way Serena played yesterday -- even though it's evident to me she's being persecuted by USTA -- would've been a proud champion today). Masha, you possess enormously strong character and will but, please, show still more of it at critical moments! We, your fans, want you to be best and the strongest (you are already the most beautiful, cf course)!

Dartagnan
#261 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 9:17:26 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Stargateman Go to Quoted Post

I've been Masha's fan for many years now -- an often frustrating business, I have to say -- and I will continue, whatever the results. However, I do belive quite strongly that if, Masha, you are a 4th-ranked player in the world, with your enormous experience, not only you should be able to win matches againsts most players if they come to the final sent; you ABSOLUTELY MUST close such matches when they are balanced at 4-all in the final set. That's when all this experience and grit and a little extra something that the players outside the top 20 don't possess (and that's why they are outside the top 20) should come in very handy. You will most probably never read this post but I was disappointed with the way you finally succumbed to Claudia in the 3rd round. Yezh, you had a bad day in the office, sure, it happens to everyone but when you find yourself at 4-all in the final set == that's when you show everyone who you are and why you are at the top (or very near the top). And let's face it, there have been matches in your career when you snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (Dinara at the French Open a couple of years back, e.g. or Kim in Toronto or Cincinatti -- sorry, can't remember -- last season). At this U.S. Open it was especially frustrating as you were lucky to be in the easier half of the draw and would've, I am sure, made the final (and, the way Serena played yesterday -- even though it's evident to me she's being persecuted by USTA -- would've been a proud champion today). Masha, you possess enormously strong character and will but, please, show still more of it at critical moments! We, your fans, want you to be best and the strongest (you are already the most beautiful, cf course)!

Djokovic imitates Sharapova and wins the US Open 2011

masha

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.