logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<1011121314>
US OPEN 2011 (29 August - 11 September)
paul_pipkin
#221 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:00:44 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1866 time(s) in 1236 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Valkyre Go to Quoted Post
Rain seems to be expected for the rest of the week. Not the same intensity as yesterday, but I think we are going to have lots of delays due to sporadic showers.

Then there is the 9/11 which is also upon us, this USO is really weird isnt it? Very eventfull... first Irene, now this storm, then 9/11....wow!

"Weird" is the word. There have always been multiple reasons this USO was foreordained to turn out predictable results that "just happen" to project an illusory revival of the failing US power. 

The weather, though... that is an unexpected kink. We will see how it plays out.

UPDATE 11:15 EDT: The guys in white coats moving water on some courts, but as Sky Sports says, it looks surreal. lol Andy Murray just said forecast is for a window around 14:00 EDT, then gets bad again at 16:00. Lotsa luck getting to the girls. 

11:30: Rain has stopped for the moment. The blowers are on Ashe.

12:25 Play about to begin on the three main courts.

12:47 Rain again. Play suspended on all three courts. (never started on others.)

14:20 EDT: Are y'all in Europe hearing what's going on? Rafa, backed up by Murray & Roddick confronted Brian Early.... Say essentially the tournament is forcing them to play in unsafe conditions & that ATP is NOT PROTECTING THEM. Awright guys! Give 'em HELL!   

Revised lineup posted: http://www.usopen.org/en...chedule/p_schedule16.pdf 

15:20 Machines on court again. Johnny Mac jumps into the hell-raising. Also Serena in support of Rafa. 

Raining again. 16:10 Djoker-Tipsarevic, Fed-Tsonga quarters cancelled.

17:15 More rain.

NEW PLAN: ESPN2 now says they'll cancel all the men's matches & HOPE to play ALL FOUR WOMEN'S QUARTERS at 19:00 EDT.

Three on Ashe, Armstrong & Grandstand with Petko-Kerber in the dark on Court 17.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
irvino
#222 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 4:53:29 PM(UTC)
irvino

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Oh look, it's raining! Why don't they put roofs on these stadiums!   You might think they can't afford it!

tgj92
#224 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 4:58:56 PM(UTC)
tgj92

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Originally Posted by: irvino Go to Quoted Post

Oh look, it's raining! Why don't they put roofs on these stadiums!   You might think they can't afford it!

If it's too expensive they should just erect a huge tent over one of the outside courts and play there. 

Would be an awesome atmosphere :P Would stop Caroline's ''moonballs'' too!

paul_pipkin
#227 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:07:01 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

IF there is play at 19:00 (hour from now) VERA & SAM will play on GRANDSTAND. You can bet, far as American viewing anyway, that's gonna be STREAM ONLY.

irvino
#225 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:46:38 PM(UTC)
irvino

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Originally Posted by: tgj92 Go to Quoted Post

If it's too expensive they should just erect a huge tent over one of the outside courts and play there. 

Would be an awesome atmosphere :P Would stop Caroline's ''moonballs'' too!

LOL!

paul_pipkin
#228 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:13:46 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Serena & Nastia came on Ashe, warmed up, waited, were sent back.

Suspect it's gonna be total cancellation. Earlier, several of the girls+Serena's representative inspected the courts and went to Brian Early like the guys had done.

Anyone slips & gets hurt now... well, y'know...  

Yeah, night session cancelled. At this point: The women must play 3 rounds. Bottom of the men's draw 4 rounds in four days. Forecast rain 95% tonight, 60% tomorrow. 

Expect extension to Monday, maybe Tuesday for the men's final.

Valkyre
#229 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2011 1:38:30 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Was Maria aware of all this charade and opted to get out while she still had the time?? haha ofc I am kidding, but, yeah well... this situation is so lol!
paul_pipkin
#230 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2011 7:54:24 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Valkyre Go to Quoted Post
Was Maria aware of all this charade and opted to get out while she still had the time?? haha ofc I am kidding, but, yeah well... this situation is so lol!

LOL. "I'm joking but I'm not?" Not the first time that thought has arisen.

If so, not due to the weather alone.  

Looks pretty much the same deal as yesterday:

Now

Light Rain

Light Rain

Today

Thunderstorm74 °F

T-storms
80% chance of precipitation

Tonight

Thunderstorm67 °F

T-storms
20% chance of precipitation

Tomorrow

Thunderstorm79 °F

T-storms
40% chance of precipitation

Saturday

Chance of a Thunderstorm79 | 63 °F

Chance of T-storms
30% chance of precipitation

Sunday

Chance of Rain74 | 63 °F

Chance of Rain
30% chance of precipitation 

paul_pipkin
#223 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2011 8:43:17 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Actually, Curley--the tournament director--claimed flatly the BJK Natl Tennis Center cannot afford the $200 million dollar upgrade.

The flaw in that logic: Amerikaan "austerity" means taking away resources that benefit people & giving the savings to the banks & insurance oligarchs who sponsor tennis

Of course they can afford it.

11:05 EDT SKY IS CLEAR AT THIS TIME. PLAY WILL BEGIN. REMAINS TO BE SEEN HOW LONG IT LASTS.  

M-Lover
#217 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2011 3:46:07 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
Hi LOVER...u can have the "Princess of WOZ" if u want her that badly. This so-called "slam" looks more and

more like a circus. Don't say that 'cos Masha's out; like u say...others will come, but that "badblackass"

gets on my nerves by the day. Damn, man, why doesn't she play in "star & stripes"? Political set-up, fortold

victory, name it u got it. If it wasn't for VERA...the whole bunch can kiss my ass!!!

Hey Tiger. I do understand your disappointment ... and disillusion. My condolences for Vera. The circus keeps going. The "badblackass" seems to be on the way to win another GS. Don't you think the only player who can possibly stop her is the "Princess of WOZ"? 

CROUCHING TIGER
#231 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2011 4:30:00 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Désolé...oui, mais des condoléances? Elle n'est pas morte pour autant que je sache LOL

U LUVVV that WOZ don't u,

"W-Lover"? Feel it in my bones mate, can't stop talking about *cough* "princess" *cough*...

As u say, the madness goes on even with "Angélique"(WHO?????)...dunno, don't care, don't wanna see...

Well, if the wicked witch will be stopped could only be Dorothy"...make sense, no?

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Valkyre
#232 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2011 7:44:59 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

I am dissappoint.... as the internet meme suggests....

With vera out I believe I myself have no favorite atm. I will watch and see how this unfolds, but to be honest with you, I dont care who takes it home anymore...!

paul_pipkin
#233 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2011 9:39:38 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I'm just following what further depredations may go down during a tournament that was corrupt from the outset.

Something has gone down with mixed doubles in the dark. Uncharacteristically, US media had precontracted to show the mixed final, rather than just using that as fiiler.  Now, it's hard to imagine Leander Paes throwing something, not even to speak of Vesnina--but one recalls that odd contract when they gave a walkover to the final to the rosy-cheeked Amerikaan kiddos Oudin & Sock. TTC, at least, is NOT TELLING viewers the Americans got there by way of walkover.

UPDATE: As expected. If anyone could watch that Oudin-Sock mixed doubles farce & not see a TOTAL stage-production, I don't know what I can tell 'em. 

Today, note results from:

Court 11  11:00 AM Start Time

1. Junior Boys' Doubles - 1st Round

Patrick Ofner (AUT)[8]  v. Marcos Giron (USA) 

Matias Sborowitz (CHI)[8]  Ben Wagland (AUS) 

2. Junior Girls' Singles - Quarterfinals

Yulia Putintseva (RUS)[6]  v. Nicole Gibbs (USA)

Last year, they made the mistake of streaming a Juniors match when an umpire & line judge blatantly cheated a Russian opponent, trying to keep that same Gibbs in a lost match. Jeff Tarango, guest commentating, was outraged & made a point of replaying the call so you could see exactly what they pulled & that there was no way either official could avoid seeing Gibb's ball was clearly out. It was at the line judge's feet and just below the umpires chair. They said nothing.

That is why they don't show Juniors--they screw over kids worse than they do adults.

So: Gibbs 16 64 62.  All was on track for Yulia to win. After repeated deuces in the 2nd, Gibbs broke for 54--THEN, after incessant deuces & blown match points, pulled it out. We've seen "great turnarounds like that. yeah. We've also seen a player give up after she was CHEATED OUTTA A SET.

UNDERSTAND: I put none of that on Gibbs, last year or today. She's just a kid playing tennis. But after watching CHEATING OFFICIALS THEN, why would I assume this is on the up&up NOW?

By & large, any match there are Yankee fingers in, I trust NO RESULTS I CAN'T SEE.

Ruyman_Mashalover
#234 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2011 9:08:29 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Didn't know where to post this. Pay attentions to what Tracy Austin says after Maria holds serve to take a 4-1 lead in the first set. Looks like shoulder problems started back in 2005. Didn't remember this.

http://www.youtube.com/w...lIdE&feature=related

1 user thanked Ruyman_Mashalover for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 9/9/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#235 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2011 11:37:01 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Ruyman_Mashalover Go to Quoted Post

Didn't know where to post this. Pay attentions to what Tracy Austin says after Maria holds serve to take a 4-1 lead in the first set. Looks like shoulder problems started back in 2005. Didn't remember this.

http://www.youtube.com/w...lIdE&feature=related

Thanx, Ruyman Tracy Austin & Lindsay Davenport probably have more on-the-ground, first-hand intel about the women players (Masha in particular) than ANY other American commentators. As important, they do not "forget" what they already knew for the convenience of a more recent "narrative". Tracy will recount the same history today as five years ago.

The regular mouthpieces have reworked the timelines in part to cover their own infamous disrespect and ridicule of Masha WHILE she was injured.

FYI, that entire Sharapova-Dementieva match used to be put out as a free download by Wimbledon--so it is available in full around the Net & in very high quality. (Note Dementieva's future hub Maxim sitting by Vera. While they'd been involved for over a year then, most of us were not really aware of him yet.) 

CROUCHING TIGER
#236 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 5:08:52 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
http://youtu.be/c8UtojJT8ts ALL OF US...REMEMBER!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Imnumber2
#237 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 4:43:00 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Now that Federer is gone, US Open this year can also KISS My ASS!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
M-Lover
#238 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 5:52:17 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

The miracle didn't happen.

I'm rooting for Sammy to win. But I fear a massacre by the Beast. 

So no more comments from me. Just for the Aussie:

´╗┐AUSSIE   AUSSIE   AUSSIE .........  OY ..... OY ..... OY .....!

Freedom23
#239 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 5:22:40 PM(UTC)
Freedom23

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

God Bless Stosur. Played incredibly, played like the #1 in the world, fearless. AND she didn't choke.

Now, on to Serena. Karma indeed bites twice. And it bites hard. REAL hard. 2 things are going to happen after the U.S. Open. Aussie's are going to be full of joy and pride, and Serena will be officially called the Match Ruiner. Serena yelled in the midst of a point while Sam was scurrying for the ball. Sam thought she should have won the point, based on the hinderance sport law, and the umpire agreed. Serena on the other hand, went batshit crazy. She thinks the umpire has a conspiracy to ruin Serena's life and during the next couple of changeovers complains to the umpire saying stuff like "if you see me, go the other way". Sam got rattled, I began to gnaw at my fingernails, but she got on track. My nails were saved in the process. In the end, Sam won, celebrated, and sat by Serena and had a healthy, good chat. There shold be no tension between the two, at least no personal tension. The fact that Serena broke Sam back after the "yell call", proves that Sam didn't win soley on that. I just wish Sam could have enjoyed winning the U.S. Open without any controversy, just like I felt towards Kim back in '09.

Anyways, that's all I have to say.

Peace and love.

Integrity is the best policy.

1 user thanked Freedom23 for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 9/11/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#240 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 5:33:06 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Freedom23 Go to Quoted Post

God Bless Stosur. Played incredibly, played like the #1 in the world, fearless. AND she didn't choke.

Now, on to Serena. Karma indeed bites twice. And it bites hard. REAL hard. 2 things are going to happen after the U.S. Open. Aussie's are going to be full of joy and pride, and Serena will be officially called the Match Ruiner. Serena yelled in the midst of a point while Sam was scurrying for the ball. Sam thought she should have won the point, based on the hinderance sport law, and the umpire agreed. Serena on the other hand, went batshit crazy. She thinks the umpire has a conspiracy to ruin Serena's life and during the next couple of changeovers complains to the umpire saying stuff like "if you see me, go the other way". Sam got rattled, I began to gnaw at my fingernails, but she got on track. My nails were saved in the process. In the end, Sam won, celebrated, and sat by Serena and had a healthy, good chat. There shold be no tension between the two, at least no personal tension. The fact that Serena broke Sam back after the "yell call", proves that Sam didn't win soley on that. I just wish Sam could have enjoyed winning the U.S. Open without any controversy, just like I felt towards Kim back in '09.

Anyways, that's all I have to say.

Peace and love.

Thanx, Freedom I had a meeting this afternoon I couldn't miss. Fortunately, there will be replays on TTC -- though I imagine they'll cut a lotta stuff.

"2 things are going to happen after the U.S. Open. "

You are absolutely correct. I've been saying this is the twilight of the Williams era and I hear from you I was right. I see Serena's ultimate implosion was even nearer than I thought.

Thanx again.