logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<5678>
Western & Southern Open AUGUST 15 - 21, 2011 CINCINNATI OH
Imnumber2
#123 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:53:22 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

can someone PLEASE upload the last game? thx,!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Valkyre
#124 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:54:38 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Imnumber2 Go to Quoted Post

can someone PLEASE upload the last game? thx,!!!

Will try my best to post videos of highlights as soon as they are available. It is going to take a while though, usually after a few hours they come up. Now for the entire match i'll be looking tomorrow and if i find something i'll be sure to post it! :)

edit: here is the coin toss of the match for now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odK0SnEpSKg

paul_pipkin
#125 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:56:42 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1881 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

MOLODYETS, Маша!!! :group: 

ALSO:
Image For the Glorious Nation! For the kontraktniki! 8-) 
Grandstand \
1. Doubles Final: King/Shvedova DEF Grandin/Uhlirova 64 36 11-9

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Imnumber2
#127 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:58:45 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Paul, your thought about the match!! anybody!!

Valkyre
#131 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:01:45 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

My thoughts/description are on the previous page at the bottom. 

Also I found (in a bad quality though) a video of the last 2 games of the match that Maria won today. Enjoy, but as I said bad quality. Tomorrow we are going to have better luck i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6cj3CHV1v8

paul_pipkin
#128 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:06:52 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Well, as the outcome clearly depressed the Yankee commentariat, it elated me! Thaz # 1. Two, as Masha defeated Vera yesterday, it was essential that she win for РОССЙЯ. Three, I'm most thankful she validated another thread I started. lol

Subjective stuff aside, it indeed was an "ugly" win BUT alongside the qualities we know Maria possesses, I think the force of the new Team Sharapova in overcoming difficulties is displayed more & more.

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Valkyre on 8/21/2011(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover
#132 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:11:43 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Remember this point? I bet you do lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PU3Q91h2TY
1 user thanked Ruyman_Mashalover for this useful post.
Valkyre on 8/21/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#133 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:18:10 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Ruyman_Mashalover Go to Quoted Post
Remember this point? I bet you do lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PU3Q91h2TY

Yeah. About there the first set could've turned either way. If Masha had been playing 100%, she could'ved gone on & taken it.

Imnumber2
#129 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:28:58 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Well, as the outcome clearly depressed the Yankee commentariat, it elated me! Thaz # 1. Two, as Masha defeated Vera yesterday, it was essential that she win for РОССЙЯ. Three, I'm most thankful she validated another thread I started. lol

Subjective stuff aside, it indeed was an "ugly" win BUT alongside the qualities we know Maria possesses, I think the force of the new Team Sharapova in overcoming difficulties is displayed more & more.

I hope you are right about her Team!!! But I think YOU ARE RIGHT MY FRIEND!!!

I like this new TEAM Sharapova but would love to see a little bit more on her serve and I still don't think Maria is fit for 3 tough set YET. Yeah she may have won today but imagine her opponent ia younger or The Williams, she might have trouble!!

If I were her, I would concentrate more on the health!! be REALLY FIT and do nothing but practicing on the serves!!!! ALL DAY if needed.

Look at Martin Fish!! What an IMPRESSIVE COME BACK!!!

ShelbyK
#134 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:02:51 PM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Sad i didn't get to watch the whole match, hopefully a video of it will come up

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#135 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:09:54 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)

It wasn't her best match because she had too many unforced errors, that's why the match was so long, but in anyway I'm very proud of her fight spirit to cameback from a set down and get the title. It's very good to see her holding the champion's trophy once again.

In the rankings Maria will move up to No.4 with 6346 points (Maria's highest ranking coming back from shoulder surgery over two years ago). Following Kim Clijsters withdrawal from the US Open, Maria will be seeded No.3 there. In another rankings jump, Maria is now No.1 in the race to the WTA Championships.

And it is also fantastic!!!! She is the number one in 2011.

gardo
#136 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:11:43 PM(UTC)
gardo

CONGRATULATIONS, MARIA !!!!!

THE SUN IS BACK   :)

YOU DID IT GREAT IN CINCINNATI !!!

YOU'RE NUMBER ONE... 

Valkyre
#130 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:19:31 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

I hope you are right about her Team!!! But I think YOU ARE RIGHT MY FRIEND!!!

I like this new TEAM Sharapova but would love to see a little bit more on her serve and I still don't think Maria is fit for 3 tough set YET. Yeah she may have won today but imagine her opponent ia younger or The Williams, she might have trouble!!

If I were her, I would concentrate more on the health!! be REALLY FIT and do nothing but practicing on the serves!!!! ALL DAY if needed.

Look at Martin Fish!! What an IMPRESSIVE COME BACK!!!

Uhm, Maria is really fit... this was the longest WTA final ever... it lasted almost 3 hours and it was gruelsome and tough. If there was a tough 3 seter it was this one by FAR!  Granted Maria made many mistakes, but she had like 3 times more the winners JJ had. And in the ned it was looking a lot more that JJ was tired than it was Maria. Maria doesnt have any problems with fitness. She actually has played 11 3 set matches in 2011 and she won....all of them! Fitness is as good as ever. What she needs to improve even more is her concistency, already she improved greatly in this tournament and her performance in all previous matches except this one was exceptional. And in this one, even though she wasnt as good as the previous ones she played the important points like a champion and never gave up.

She deserved every bit of that trophy!  And her team is a clear improvement. She is #4 now and leads the race to the championships. That alone is proof enough that Maria is going to the right direction! 

MushyForMasha
#137 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 9:18:44 PM(UTC)
MushyForMasha

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I'm new to following tennis pretty closely, maybe the last couple of years. I've always had a clue who the top players were going back to in the 1970s and I'd check in on a game here and there. But lately I've gotten into it a lot more and have learned a lot more about what I'm seeing, what to look for, what to appreciate. I only really pay attention to the women; the men's game doesn't interest me much for some reason.

At any rate, I'm a big Sharapova fan. And I'm not oblivious to her weaknesses. I think I'm pretty realistic about her.

But as a newcomer with no pre-conceived notions, I've noticed a couple of things out there in media-land...

1. The grousing about the "shrieking" has gotten really, really tiresome and is way past being done to death. I mean, it re-defines "beating a dead horse." There's a writer at SI, for example, who will not let go of this (non) issue and it's really getting old. Myself, I don't even notice -- I'm just watching the game.

2. Speaking of SI and other venues, there's a lot of resentment out there toward Sharapova. It's sometimes subtle, sometimes not. I get the distinct impression that there are stodgy--I want to say "prissy" writers out there--who just can't stand that she's as popular as she is. They seem to go out of their way to make sure we all know how overrated she is, and occasionally take little digs at her fans. I think also they don't like the fact that she's not merely attractive but that she is so celebrated for her runway-model style by the non-sports media and in advertising. She knows she has fashion model good looks and she enjoys living it and making money from it and this seems to really irk some writers (I'm speculating, I can't prove that--it's just a sense I get).

To sum up:

1. The shrieks: Get over it. New topic, please.

2. Her popularity and devoted fanbase: Deal with it.

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#139 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:41:47 PM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Maria has moved to #4 in the rankings with "6346" points. Azarenka is behind her with "5995" points.

Depending on Maria's performance in the US OPEN. She can be ranked as high as #2 depending on the performance of Vera. Because, Clijster is pulling out, that means she will lost all points she has last year.

I think she's flying to New York today? 'Cause she said on her Facebook today this one:

"Not my best tennis today, but was very proud of my fight and glad to get the win. Rushing to the airport!! Hoping for some yummy cupcakes on the way!!"

With this win, that should give her confidence going to the open. Hope she'll work on her second serve, developing rhythm. 

Good luck and God Bless you Sharapova in the Open! Your fans will support you till the end! You gave us a heart attack and made us all confused with the sudden turn around in your match against JJ. But you proved us that your tough and can win even in the worst case scenario! :D

Too all people and fans in the Chatbox, I really enjoyed it. Listening to all your comments. Even the "jinx" thing that some fans are talking about! :D It was really fun!

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#140 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:45:03 PM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Well, let's all pray that she'll stay healthy and not draw Serena on her side of the draw in the Open! I don't like to say this, but Serena is a clear favorite for the open. Sharapova comes next for me. Caroline Wozniacki? I really don't think so? She is in a slump. All players think they can beat her. 

Brebis
#141 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 12:22:15 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 218 post(s)
For all my friends in the Shout box, I am still alive ! What a match , couldn't watch it anymore after that first set. An amazing performance of Maria. Very happy for her that she made it this year after that also strange final of last year . On the other hand , for what was she fighting, the trophy looks horrible, LOL !!!. Anyway, a new cup in the closet, as Maria has never won Cincy before. Well deserved and a number 4 spot in the rankings. GREAT !!
1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
Valkyre on 8/22/2011(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#142 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 2:59:32 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Never noticed that Maria's strong is beautiful campaign was displayed in WTA TOUR website :D

paul_pipkin
#138 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 3:02:29 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: MushyForMasha Go to Quoted Post

I'm new to following tennis pretty closely, maybe the last couple of years. I've always had a clue who the top players were going back to in the 1970s and I'd check in on a game here and there. But lately I've gotten into it a lot more and have learned a lot more about what I'm seeing, what to look for, what to appreciate. I only really pay attention to the women; the men's game doesn't interest me much for some reason.

At any rate, I'm a big Sharapova fan. And I'm not oblivious to her weaknesses. I think I'm pretty realistic about her.

But as a newcomer with no pre-conceived notions, I've noticed a couple of things out there in media-land...

1. The grousing about the "shrieking" has gotten really, really tiresome and is way past being done to death. I mean, it re-defines "beating a dead horse." There's a writer at SI, for example, who will not let go of this (non) issue and it's really getting old. Myself, I don't even notice -- I'm just watching the game.

2. Speaking of SI and other venues, there's a lot of resentment out there toward Sharapova. It's sometimes subtle, sometimes not. I get the distinct impression that there are stodgy--I want to say "prissy" writers out there--who just can't stand that she's as popular as she is. They seem to go out of their way to make sure we all know how overrated she is, and occasionally take little digs at her fans. I think also they don't like the fact that she's not merely attractive but that she is so celebrated for her runway-model style by the non-sports media and in advertising. She knows she has fashion model good looks and she enjoys living it and making money from it and this seems to really irk some writers (I'm speculating, I can't prove that--it's just a sense I get).

To sum up:

1. The shrieks: Get over it. New topic, please.

2. Her popularity and devoted fanbase: Deal with it.

Welcome to the forum, Mushy Here, we know that shrieking is only an "issue" when directed at Masha, Vika, and other top Russian & Eastern players.  Expect that and the other grousing to worsen over the coming year, because it is all really directed to undermine them--particularly as we move towards the London 2012 Olympiad.

The global support & adoration for this iconic Russian star terrifies certain vested interests. Oh yeah, they'll come at her fans more, too. Because we won't take it anymore! The days of suffering these spurious attacks in silence are finished. Now we call them out for who they are & what they're up to.

paul_pipkin
#126 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 3:10:46 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

MOLODYETS, Маша!!! :group:

steveoldfield-sharapova1Rita Payne-Sharapova  v  Jankovic 049

ALSO:
Image For the Glorious Nation! For the kontraktniki! 8-) 
Doubles Final: King/Shvedova DEF Grandin/Uhlirova 64 36 11-9

Bob_Payne_20110821_04 014Bob_Payne_20110821_04 038

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 8/22/2011(UTC)