logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Rogers Cup 2011 Toronto Aug 08-14, 2011
Valkyre
#81 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:32:26 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
:( :( :( :(

Sad day...Maria's serve was there and there is improvement over the DF count, but everything else wasnt there. Way too many unforced errors, not the best footwork etc. Its weird, one day Maria is moving beautifully in the court, the other she looks heavy. Versus Jova her rallies where awesome and powerful, but today not so much.

But allow me to say this... Kazakhstan was extremely and irritatingly lucky today. Sure the girl played good, no one can deny that. But sometimes...seriously it was way too much luck out there... she obviously didnt hit the ball properly and one would have thought that the ball would end out of the court, but EVERYTHING was in. At one point it felt like even if she hit the ball with the grip of the racket, it would end up IN anyway. So yeah, grats to Kazakhstan, but seriously way too much luck out there. I am not using this as an excuse, but it is just a fact.

Anyway Canada's slogan really comes to mind.... "love is nothing" indeed! No love for the top seeds at all...
Kvitova, Vera, Maria, Kim, Wozniacki, Ivanovic etc etc etc even Nadal are all out...

Sometimes I hate tennis...it looks way too random. (which isnt, I am just sad now, cause of how it all turned out)

Peace out and lets hope next week brings something new and fresh...
CROUCHING TIGER
#82 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:57:00 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Masha was lucky frustration and "fear to win" was all over Galina or that second set was another 63.

Even "luck" doesn't comes your way that easy, u also has to "force" it!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Philli
#83 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:15:51 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Those of us who were commenting in Shoutbox while watching the match could see that it was nothing to do with luck. Galina outplayed Maria fair and square. Maria looked like the qualifier in the match. She played like shit. Super star my ass, super crap was more like it. At no time did she have control of the match, her fighting spirit was non existant and grunting louder didn't help either. I'm sick of all these comments like...well she's still getting over her shoulder injury...Bullshit. She was playing this bad in 2007 BEFORE the injury. Whatever excuse you want to find, it was not the wind, the noise, or the music. Her tennis was simply rubbish, that's all there was to it.
goran.k@gmail.com
#86 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:20:16 AM(UTC)
goran.k@gmail.com

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I still cannot put my finger around that match. I want to know what the hell is going on. I really do have faith in Maria, and I do expect quite a bit out of her, but perhaps she just didn't have enough practice/experience coming from the grass courts? I don't know.

Still, what made me the most angry about that match was that Maria (no matter how hard she hit) would hit the ball RIGHT to Galina. I think Hogstead will definitely get on her about this match, and I wish Yuri would too.

Maria if you for some reason are reading this-- I don't mean it in a hurtful way. You are a BAD ASS BI*** (in the best way possible) But it just bothers me that you didn't work her like you could. Nonetheless, I cannot WAIT til Monday so this next tournament can start- I'm having withdrawals already <3
sunstreet
#87 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:30:03 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I tried to stay focused on last nights match, but since i´m down with a cold and had a fever going on, i found it a little bit difficult to concentrate on what was going on. The only thing i senced was that Maria somewhat seemed preoccupied with something else deep inside her mind. She was not really there mentally, at least that´s how i felt it. I might be wrong, but anyhow, it was just one of those matches i guess. Voskoboeva can be a dangerous opponent, she has been so before, and it looks like she´s on her way back to where she used to be. Good for her.
It will be interesting to see the draw for cincy later friday....
CROUCHING TIGER
#84 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:05:22 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

Philli;309724 wrote:
Those of us who were commenting in Shoutbox while watching the match could see that it was nothing to do with luck. Galina outplayed Maria fair and square. Maria looked like the qualifier in the match. She played like shit. Super star my ass, super crap was more like it. At no time did she have control of the match, her fighting spirit was non existant and grunting louder didn't help either. I'm sick of all these comments like...well she's still getting over her shoulder injury...Bullshit. She was playing this bad in 2007 BEFORE the injury. Whatever excuse you want to find, it was not the wind, the noise, or the music. Her tennis was simply rubbish, that's all there was to it.

Exactly my point, Philli, didn't u read it some posts above? Agree with u..always do XXX

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
M-Lover
#89 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 8:10:00 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Sharapova played like shit and was KO-ed by an unknown player coming from the qualies. Na Li is still seeking her RG form. Kvitova didn't realize that Wimbledon is long over. Zvonareva keeps showing her limitations. Before them, Wozniacki desperately tried to figure out what's happening to her and what she gotta do to win a slam. Clijsters gets bored and tired of playing tennis. Schiavone is now a very old woman, good for retirement. Jankovic definitely takes Safina's path to make herself completely disappear. Ivanovic tried in vain to resurface and realized that her days are behind her. Kuzi was drowning so deep that she is totally invisible. That's the sad status of the women tennis. The irony is that the 30-year-old and comeback-from-injury Serena is now the favorite to win another USOpen.

paul_pipkin
#90 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 10:42:35 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

Stosur & Vinci playing now. Brit Eurosport http://www.fromsportcom....v-2/12/130/v-333193.html  (ESPN2 will mostly obsess with the guys & ignore all this. Update: Just as I figured. ESPN2 spent less than five mins on the women's game then went to Montreal. )

Voskoboeva vs Azarenka up next at the top of the hour (about 40 mins)

Maybe y'all wanna just rag on Masha & ignore the upcomer (like the mouths want you to) but I am interested to--by comparison--see how Vika handles the kontraktnika's style.

Figure she'll pretty much try to bull thru with power & speed. Lezee how that works for her. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#91 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:19:17 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

paul_pipkin;309740 wrote:

Stosur & Vinci playing now. Brit Eurosport http://www.fromsportcom....v-2/12/130/v-333193.html  (ESPN2 will mostly obsess with the guys & ignore all this. Update: Just as I figured. ESPN2 spent less than five mins on the women's game then went to Montreal. )

Maybe y'all wanna just rag on Masha & ignore the upcomer (like the mouths want you to) but I am interested to--by comparison--see how Vika handles the kontraktnika's style.

Figure she'll pretty much try to bull thru with power & speed. Lezee how that works for her. 

Brit Eurosport filling time with replay of Galina-Mashahttp://www.fromsportcom....v-2/12/130/v-333193.html 

Brebis
#85 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:26:05 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Philli;309724 wrote:
Not often I agree with you ! This time I do . That says enough.

Brebis
#88 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:30:03 AM(UTC)

sunstreet;309726 wrote:
I tried to stay focused on last nights match, but since i´m down with a cold and had a fever going on, i found it a little bit difficult to concentrate on what was going on. The only thing i senced was that Maria somewhat seemed preoccupied with something else deep inside her mind. She was not really there mentally, at least that´s how i felt it. I might be wrong, but anyhow, it was just one of those matches i guess. Voskoboeva can be a dangerous opponent, she has been so before, and it looks like she´s on her way back to where she used to be. Good for her.
It will be interesting to see the draw for cincy later friday....
As I already mentioned after the match. i think there is more going on with that shoulder then we all know. Pre occupied during the match and I have seen her streching her shoulder at least 3 times. It will be a pity if that's the case. I am afraid she will stop her tennis career after the Olympics "due to ongoing shoulder issues "

paul_pipkin
#92 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 12:10:42 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

paul_pipkin;309741 wrote:

paul_pipkin;309740 wrote:

Brit Eurosport filling time with replay of Galina-Mashahttp://www.fromsportcom....v-2/12/130/v-333193.html 

Voskoboeva vs Azarenka starting NOW. Lynn Welch in chair.

On British Eurosport & Eurosport 2 Intl.

I'm in the Shoutbox.

Imnumber2
#93 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:58:06 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Victoria defeat Galina 61 62!! How sad is that for Maria!!! a score this bad in QF? very SAD!! :(

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
paul_pipkin
#94 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:15:36 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Imnumber2;309747 wrote:

Victoria defeat Galina 61 62!! How sad is that for Maria!!! a score this bad in QF? very SAD!! :(

Galina was fatigued from dismissing Bartoli, Pennetta & Sharapova. :P Vika just did what she does & overwhelmed. I didn't really learn much there.

Learned more closely watching the Masha-Galina replay. See comments in Shoutbox.

sunstreet
#96 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:17:13 PM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
OK maybe i´m just jumpy, but why the hell is she going about some Cole Hahn sale, as if it´s some kind of blessing? I couldn´t care less about some top of the sales flats,in my mind it´s all about Marias tennis, and that´s the bottom line. If she has to look for some stupid shoes to feel good about herself, she´s in deep shit!!!
I have supported her for her tennis, but if this thing is going to be about the bottom line, i´m gone.
Come up whit an honest comment instead of hiding away Maria, there must be so much to you, otherwise you´ve wasted a lot of hours of my life and others.
This is beneat you. Or at least i hope so, ´cause if that´s all there is to say about you, you haven´t even owned your name. And that my friend is a sorry place to be in.
Brebis
#100 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:30:55 PM(UTC)

sunstreet;309749 wrote:
OK maybe i´m just jumpy, but why the hell is she going about some Cole Hahn sale, as if it´s some kind of blessing? I couldn´t care less about some top of the sales flats,in my mind it´s all about Marias tennis, and that´s the bottom line. If she has to look for some stupid shoes to feel good about herself, she´s in deep shit!!!
I have supported her for her tennis, but if this thing is going to be about the bottom line, i´m gone.
Come up whit an honest comment instead of hiding away Maria, there must be so much to you, otherwise you´ve wasted a lot of hours of my life and others.
This is beneat you. Or at least i hope so, ´cause if that´s all there is to say about you, you haven´t even owned your name. And that my friend is a sorry place to be in.
Wowwwww Sunstreet , that are some very strong words ! I agree partly with you, it's not the time to promote Cole Haan at the moment, as her tennis fans are still worried about the loss of her match yesterday, knowing now that Viki outplayed this girl just now. Maria , not a good time to send such a message on facebook.

paul_pipkin
#101 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:39:39 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Brebis;309750 wrote:

sunstreet;309749 wrote:
Wowwwww Sunstreet , that are some very strong words ! I agree partly with you, it's not the time to promote Cole Haan at the moment, as her tennis fans are still worried about the loss of her match yesterday, knowing now that Viki outplayed this girl just now. Maria , not a good time to send such a message on facebook.

Perhaps a little jumpy.  Remember, particularly on facebook, Masha speaks to a number of other-than-tennis Sharapova constituencies--in the language they understand.

goran.k@gmail.com
#99 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:07:15 PM(UTC)
goran.k@gmail.com

sunstreet;309749 wrote:

Yea...This is a bit much. I understand where you're coming from, clearly still upset about her loss (as we all are). But she is a person too. I'm sure she has been more down/sad than we could ever be. She is a girl that likes fashion- its something that she does for therapy, to take her mind off of things. All she can do is go forward from here, dwelling on that disasterous match can't be good for anyone.

goran.k@gmail.com
#95 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:09:02 PM(UTC)
goran.k@gmail.com

paul_pipkin;309748 wrote:

Imnumber2;309747 wrote:

Galina was fatigued from dismissing Bartoli, Pennetta & Sharapova. :P Vika just did what she does & overwhelmed. I didn't really learn much there.

Learned more closely watching the Masha-Galina replay. See comments in Shoutbox.

I really do agree with this. She is not an experienced player that can pace herself yet. Masha def. took A LOT out of her yesterday.

saggittarian
#97 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:27:09 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

sunstreet;309749 wrote:

Don't be so harsh on Maria. Do you not think she is also suffering from the loss? She is very hard on herself and will do her best to improve in the next match. Such is life. I don't believe for one minute that she is actually enjoying herself shopping or sight seeing. She wouldn't be mentioning her sponsor's name if she was just shopping around and having fun. She is under pressure from these big guns to keep plugging their products. Because her matches have been cut short by losing she has to advertise by other means.

She has not wasted anyone's hours. She doesn't hold a gun to anyone's head. We choose to watch her play. Some of us want to support her for one reason or another. I love her fighting spirit, her tenacity and her winning shots. No matter what anyone says, I think Maria tried very hard last night. Yes, she was hitting the ball in the middle of the court a lot. My excuse for her is that she did not want to take any risk because of the strong winds. You can take risks when you are up or ahead but not when you are behind most of the time. I have faith in Maria. She will be ready for USO.