logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Stanford: Bank of the West Classic JULY 25 - 31
Brebis
#60 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:54:58 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

09:10 PDT: Masha & the guys hitting on Court 8. 

http://www.streamingtenn...al/livescoreboard8.html# 

Wait. Maybe false alarm--yeah. Watched for an hour & deduced she was Kirilenko. Someone was taking pictures, so may be possible to verify.

Very interesting Paul to see live pictures of practice courts.  Thanks !

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#62 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:26:24 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)

Serena Williams won against Maria Kirilenko 6-2 3-6 6-2, so  in the Friday's quarter-final Maria Sharapova will play Serena Williams.

To my surprise, earlier today Victoria Azarenka lost to Marina Erakovic 6-4 5-7 2-6.

So let's wait for the tomorrow's match schedule!! GO MARIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

CROUCHING TIGER
#63 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 12:43:58 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Hogstedt keeps it up with Masha. He walked already a long way with her and improved not just her
game but also her mental approach. We're not "there" yet, but we will be!!!

Win or loose tonight isn't that important, it's the way how she does it. DAVAI MASHA!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
shrapilova
#64 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 12:58:16 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I wish Maria could win against
this arrogant creature.

"Just like when I'm playing anyone," Serena said when she was asked about
to play against Maria.
Hope Maria can teach her that she is not anyone.
sunstreet
#65 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 2:04:50 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
And YES we got the big bang of the tournament, so looking forward to this clash of the titans. You know it just occured to me, that now Azarenka is out of the tournament, if Maria win the next round she will move up as no.4 in the rankings. Not bad, not bad at all. I hope we will get a great match, and that the right woman will win, Maria of course.

So good luck Maria, just go for it girl.

I actually think i will get up at 05.00 Am Cet to follow this match, i simply don´t think i can sleep anyway.
;-)
Valkyre
#66 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 2:05:48 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Maria is going to win tonight against Serena. It is one match she wants to have in her preparation for the USO. Even if she loses, she will get valuable information on her own game and Serena's. Maria will come off as a winner I can feel it! Go Maria!

And since its customary fashion of my recent posting, here is another video of Maria's game with Hantuchova, in fact its the coin toss. Closeup of Maria and good quality. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CygyHRtNMY
Brebis
#67 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 3:22:45 AM(UTC)

It has been over a year that the 2 ladies played against each other. In that time a lot has happened, more positive for Maria than for Serena. Therefore I do expect a win for Maria. It will boost her confidence and will bring her closer to the final. By the way ,it's strange that on a Friday she only plays her 2nd match of the tournament. Does anybody knows if Sasha is supporting her in Stanford ?
saggittarian
#68 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 3:42:53 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Should be a great match. Maria needs to stay focussed and keep her first serves in. She cannot lax with this one who serves aces to overpower her opponents. Maria has the advantage of a day's rest. Serena just played a 3 setter. I didn't watch her play last night. What is her physical health like? Can she breathe in that humdity?

I might have to wake up early to watch this one.

Good Luck, Maria. I know you always try so hard. Keep it up.

Valkyre
#69 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 6:14:36 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Ιf Maria's serve delivers I am not afraid of anything. Strong service game from Maria is almost impossible to stop. She sets up beautiful winners and the opponent gets hammered. This win will give Maria great confidence so I wish her good luck its certainly a match that is going to help her one way or the other.
paul_pipkin
#70 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 9:17:14 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

You heard it here first:

Sharapova hires Voltchkov as hitting partner

Ticker - Thursday, July 28, 2011

Maria Sharapova has hired Vladimir Voltchkov as her full-time hitting partner. Voltchkov worked with Sharapova during the grass court season and is with her at Stanford, along with her coach, Thomas Hogstedt. Sharapova also worked with hitting partner and part-time ATP player Cecil Mamitt of Los Angeles this year. 

"It was more of a feeling," Sharapova told TENNIS.com said of her decision to go with the Belarusian, who reached the 2000 Wimbledon semifinal before falling to Pete Sampras. "Cecil worked with me tremendously on clay — there isn’t a ball he couldn’t run down, I was like, ‘When am I going to hit a winner?’ But at Fed Cup earlier in the year I hit with Voltchkov a few times and I asked him if there was a time during the year we could work together and it worked during the grass season. I like his ball and the way he hits shots and he can actually make me better."

Sharapova, who attempted a co-coaching relationship between her former coach Michael Joyce and her new coach Hogstedt at the end of last year and at the start of the this year that did not work out, cautioned that Voltchkov would not be in a similar leadership position as Hogstedt.

"It’s pretty tough to have two cooks in the kitchen. He’s great cause he willing to travel full time – it’s a sick Russian mentality, you just want to stay home I’m not sure why, we are crazy," she said with a laugh. "There are also some weeks when Thomas can’t come because he has to be with his family and then I can have [Voltchkov] for a few weeks. I’m excited about it."

http://tennis.com/articl...leid=13480&zoneid=25 

Introduction of the "t" in the transliteration of the name is an obvious device to deflect searches. The name under which he should be searched in VOLCHKOV. I posted during Wimbly a month ago:

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Vladimir Volchkov

Full name: Vladimir Nikolayevich Volchkov 
Height: 6'0" (182 cm) 
Weight: 190 lbs (86 kg) 
Born: April 7, 1978 in Minsk, Minsk, Belarus 
Affiliations: BSKP Minsk, Minsk (BLR) 
Sport: Tennis

at: "Outstanding Belarusian tennis players hold a master class for youngsters in Gomel

http://www.photobelta.by...&id=89767&page=1 

Tennis.com says:

The 2004 Wimbledon champion also said having her new team in place for a while has also helped. She’s been working with her coach, Sweden’s Thomas Hogstedt, for the past five months, and is still working and traveling with her physical therapist, Juan Reque. She just brought in former Wimbledon semifinalist Vladimir Volchkov as her hitting partner for the grass-court season. Former ATP pro Cecil Mamiit, who worked with her during the clay court season, will be back as her hitting partner during the U.S. summer hard-court swing.

http://www.tennis.com/ar...cleid=12871&zoneid=6 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#71 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 9:19:38 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

BTW. I love the fact that Sharapova and Serena are getting into each other very well. It's good to see 2 good competitors on court and great friends off the court.

Valkyre
#73 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 9:27:11 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Originally Posted by: clyde_aya@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post

BTW. I love the fact that Sharapova and Serena are getting into each other very well. It's good to see 2 good competitors on court and great friends off the court.

to be honest I hardly believe they are "friends" off the court. Competitors yes, and they have respect for each other, but friends, no.

Brebis
#72 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 9:27:45 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: clyde_aya@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post

Great friends ?  Don't make me laugh !! There is a jealousy amongst the 2 ladies. Maria has the better look but Serena the most GS wins.  Let's hope Maria 's return game is working fine today otherwise I 'm afraid she will lose the match.

Philli
#74 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 9:36:54 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

You guys make me laugh. Serena has an ego as big as Maria's bank balance, and no other players like her off court. She is a loudmouth, she's rude, got a dirty mouth and is a racist. Maria simple thinks she is the most beautiful person in the world to ever grace the tennis courts and nobody likes her snooty attitude, or her bad taste in fashion...and she has no tits. The pair of them were made for each other... They got nobody else.

Valkyre
#76 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 9:42:14 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post

You guys make me laugh. Serena has an ego as big as Maria's bank balance, and no other players like her off court. She is a loudmouth, she's rude, got a dirty mouth and is a racist. Maria simple thinks she is the most beautiful person in the world to ever grace the tennis courts and nobody likes her snooty attitude, or her bad taste in fashion...and she has no tits. The pair of them were made for each other... They got nobody else.

...yeah...uhm ok...I will dissagree with most of that... you sound pretty sure, like you have actually dated them both. I will agree as I said on my previous post that they are nowhere near being friends. But being the most hated? Yeah good luck with that, at least when it comes to Maria.

PodgeMcQ
#75 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 9:54:21 AM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post

I think I remember Maria talking about how Wozniacki is friends with lots of girls on tour. She said that since they're competing with eachother that it would be tough to be friends with them (except Kiri I guess). Its a lifestyle choice, not that Maria is hated. But I agree what you said about Serena.

Ruyman_Mashalover
#80 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 11:09:27 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Once again, Serena gets rid of Maria without breaking a sweat. No comments...

1 user thanked Ruyman_Mashalover for this useful post.
shrapilova on 7/29/2011(UTC)
shrapilova
#81 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 11:36:25 PM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)

A really disaster.

I thinks she lost confidence now but at least she knows now where she is

and that she has to work harder to improve ( a lot ).

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#82 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 12:02:27 AM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Yeah, unfortunately she lost today...she didn't serve well and didn't play with consistency. She didn't play in the same level that she did in Rome and Wimbledon. Now she has to keep working to get ready for the canadian open and for cincinnati.

Let's see what will happen next!

Maria's true fans will always be there for her, giving her our support! Go Maria, we now the great champion you are!

Valkyre
#83 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:50:01 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

As I said yesterday, I hope that Maria doesnt use this tough loss (because it is indeed one) to bring her confidence down, but she will use it the right way to learn and adapt her game.

If she uses this match to motivate herself and improve the areas she needs, the confidence is going to follow. And remember Maria... 17 wins out of 20 matches is not a bad record in my book... so use yesterday's game to improve your confidence in the end and not the opposite.

You will get there, I am sure you will, you just need to focus and work hard, things that you are already accustomed with all those years. Go Maria, tough times should make us stronger, not weaker!