logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Why are you a fan of Maria?
Baris1989
#1 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2011 6:51:25 AM(UTC)
Baris1989

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I got asked this the other day so i told them...

I'm a fan firstly because i think she is a fantastic player, i love the way she plays and i love her mental toughness. Then of course there is the fact that she is hot Her great charity work is another reason. And i can also relate very much to her story when she was growing up without lots of money, trying to make it as a tennis player (and we've both been to Bolletieri's ) I also like her grunt, it doesn't bother me in the slightest

So why are YOU a Maria fan?

1 user thanked Baris1989 for this useful post.
<3Maria Sharapova on 7/5/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#2 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2011 9:39:39 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

What you said,  PLUS:

After the fall of the Soviet Union, I saw immediately that the West would experience an insemination from Russia greater than ever before. (Partly because of the Cold War, partly due to Russia's traditional insularity.) The first vehicle was a former-Soviet diaspora (as much from the other republics as from the Russian Federation but all highly Russian-influenced.) Not dissimilar to the "opening of China", but unstructured, more organic & thus rather uncontrollable.

We've seen this unfold for twenty years and what is its icon? What name springs to mind more than all the rest combined? Whether she likes it or even wants it, this daughter of Rodina became a pivotale figure of a world-historical process. Masha inspires hope for many people on all kinds of levels.

That her very existence confounds the reactionary idjits in my own society just makes it sweeter. 8-) 

Masha profiled on RTF site: http://www.tennis-russia.ru

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 7/16/2011(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:03:29 AM(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Why I am a fan of Maria? There are a few points:

1. her beautiful outlook

2. her fashion sense

3. her altitude of playing tennis

The main point is after I read things about Maria on Wikipedia, I started admiring her, coz she has been done loads of things for tennis.

echozera
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:41:45 AM(UTC)
echozera

Groups: BasicUsers

really don't know.. first time I saw her in US Open 2008...since then I did alot of research about her.. She inspires me really.. the journey of her life astound me.. I like everything about her...

Mind your own business.Save your own soul
maryncy15
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:07:53 PM(UTC)
maryncy15

What I love about Maria is her commitment and her passion on court.

She play a wonderfull tennis, she has a lot of power but she's still very gracefull. I mean she's really strong but she doesn't look like a body guard !

Also she has done a lot of charity work and I think it's wonderful when people who succeded share time to people who do not have a lot of money. She's always very nice to those people that need help and I really respect her for that.

She's an amazing player, a women with a big heart and let's face it she look gorgeous !

How can you not be a fan of Masha ? I really hope she'll end the season on a big succes at the US Open and do a wonderfull season in 2012 !

Go Maria !!

CROUCHING TIGER
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:48:43 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)

I'm not that much of a "Masha-fanatic". Like to see her play when she has those killereyes

and punches those balls like Cassius Clay used to do. "Older" members know very well i have

that "love-hate"-relation with her.                                                                                                                                             

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Imnumber2
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:12:17 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
I'm not that much of a "Masha-fanatic". Like to see her play when she has those killereyes

and punches those balls like Cassius Clay used to do. "Older" members know very well i have

that "love-hate"-relation with her.

Yeah and It's great to have you part of this forum, much appreciated!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Alex11
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:59:08 PM(UTC)
Alex11

Because she's different and she's beautiful !!!!

Dartagnan
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 4:28:30 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Baris1989 Go to Quoted Post

So why are YOU a Maria fan?

I am a fan of Maria Sharapova because she has a talent in tennis. Her early achievement in this field prouves it (She won the Wimbledon tournament when she was only 17 years old).

Yes it is good to have a talent in a field but you need to work hard every day to reach your goal but we can also add that the love of Maria Sharapova's parents helps her to have this talent and reach her goals. It is important to have a family who love you when you practice a professional sport. Maria's fans are also a part of her family when they support her during tournaments and give her good advice. 

But what every body should understand, it is the fact that Maria Sharapova still has this talent in tennis and her age is not an obstable to reach new goals. People who say that she is too old to repeat her achievement just want to discourage her or want her to stop playing excellent tennis. In this sport you don't need to have external obstacles, you have to be free in your decisions, moves and thoughts. You also need to feel that your fans love and support you every day. It is very important for her future success. I never stop believing in Maria Sharpova's new success. 

I will conclude by saying that Maria Sharapova reached a step in her career when she can have new good results and win new Grand Slams and Olympic medals so I have to support, love her and be her fan until she realizes her new dreams. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Valkyre
#11 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 5:31:06 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Ηello everyone, new member here from Greece! I'll begin by saying sorry for the long post but I believe I owe Maria this one cause she truly helped me, even if I know that she will probably never read any of this.

Why I recently became a fan of Maria and not just Maria, but tennis in general??

I was not even a fan of tennis. In fact I am passionate about basketball, I am training and playing basketball like crazy.

So how did I end up being a fan of Maria? You would say "why... because of her killer looks", and i'll tell you, well yeah...she is strikingly beautiful indeed, and certainly catches my attention. But no that is not the main reason why I became a fan of Maria, not only a fan, but I was also inspired by her!

When someone says to you, I love basketball, you would assume that this person idolizes someone from that sport and is inspired by him, try the best of that sport, a.k.a Michael Jordan. And that's the case with me too. MJ was the person I looked up to for inspiration. So again...how can Maria fit into the picture?

After watching her play just by chance on TV while running in the gyms treadmill, I was captivated not just by her looks, but mostly by her approach, her attitude of the game. Especially that look on her face, those beautiful killer eyes. It showed me that she has an amazing respect of the game, an amazing will to win. That's what I admire most in an athlete. So then I went on and researched about her a bit more. And I learned her story, and all she had to do to get where she is. And I was inspired...I watched many of her old games on youtube and I was amazed how she could transform when she stepped on the court. She had that killer look on her face. And yet when the match was over, you saw the relaxed teenager/woman Maria emerged behind it. That transition from an assassin to a gorgeous woman captivated me. Simply beautiful.

The best part? It is weird but Maria has helped me improve my game of basketball...she helped me train even harder and most importantly... she made me fall in love with the game of tennis, one that previously was not among my favorites.

How can I not admire her as an athlete, and as a woman? She has everything. Killer looks, killer attitude, killer work ethic and on the top of that she is the reason why I am watching tennis right now.

So thank you Maria, I really hope you the best, cause you deserve it. But never forget your roots, where you came from and stay the same original you. Never thought that I would be inspired by another athlete besides Jordan to improve my game of basketball! And certainly I never thought that person would come from a tennis court! Love ya for that!

PS: Sorry for big post and poor english once more. :)
Alex11
#12 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:34:25 AM(UTC)
Alex11

Because she's fantastic and she has a special game that I love ! And she's beautiful...

giane
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:15:40 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
cos i was totally hooked with her backhand and groundstrokes..
cos she's a person of play PLUS .... MIND
:D
ApogenA
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:27:28 PM(UTC)

It has always been rightly claimed that men (straight men that is) become fans of certain female tennis players (or other female athletes involved in sports that have rather erotic images) because of the good appearance of those certain athletes. I am no exception to that fact.

But there has been (and most definitely still is) much more to Masha than being just a glamorous looking athlete; when she plays tennis there is such expression of courage and seriousness in her face. And of course because she is cute and very photogenic, that expression is so gripping.

I became a fan of hers back in 2004 when Masha won her first Grand Slam title. Naturally, I was blown away by how strong and attack-minded her game was. I would sit there and watch her brutal groundstrokes and be stunned. I said to myself then that she is one hell of an athelete.

Of course, being tall and beautiful has been a notable factor in Masha's success off-court, but I think that the reason for her success in business and life off-court is more due to the good karma that surrounds her because of all her humane acts and other good deeds. I know a lot of athletes spend their time, money and energy on noble causes such as helping poor communities and educating children, but I myself have never ever seen anyone so active in those areas with such tight personal schedules like Ms. Sharapova.

God bless you Maria! Not only you look like an earth angel, you actually act like one. 

Bo Rock
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:11:54 PM(UTC)
Bo Rock

I´m a former Tennis-pro.

Maria is the best looking girl I have ever seen.

She is the best Tennis player in this world.    No. 1

On a good day she can beat all the "top 10"  Men.

Copenhagen

Denmark DK