logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
2011 Aegon Classic, Birmingham
saggittarian
#21 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 3:36:32 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

I watched Rafa play Tsonga. Rafa was way too tired to go for the balls. Made too many UEs too. I think he needs to go home to Spain to recharge his battery.

Interested to see Tsonga play the young Brit tomorrow. He appeared from nowhere to be in the semis.

Brebis
#22 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:41:18 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 217 post(s)

Originally Posted by: saggittarian Go to Quoted Post

I watched Rafa play Tsonga. Rafa was way too tired to go for the balls. Made too many UEs too. I think he needs to go home to Spain to recharge his battery.

Interested to see Tsonga play the young Brit tomorrow. He appeared from nowhere to be in the semis.

That is going to be a 6-1, 6-2 match. the way Tsonga plays at the moment . He deserves to win the title.

paul_pipkin
#23 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 5:03:15 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: saggittarian Go to Quoted Post

That is going to be a 6-1, 6-2 match. the way Tsonga plays at the moment . He deserves to win the title.

Thank, y'all. Almost by accident I opened the stream at match point, saw the score & could not believe it was sraight sets! Yeah, however off Rafa was, Tsonga had to be playing some hellacious tennis!

Birmingham Finalists Sunday look to be Dani & Sabine. Well, Dani can drive the madwoman over the edge if anyone can. 

Copenhagen Finalists Sunday are Princess & Legs Lucie

Eastbourne & 's-Hertogenbosch draws are up: 

Eastbourne: http://www.wtatennis.com...posting/2011/710/MDS.pdf 

's-Hertogenbosch: http://www.wtatennis.com...posting/2011/822/MDS.pdf

's-Hertogenbosch: Broadcasters & sportsmeisters hate this sorta thing--we love it! UNICEF OPEN (the Ordina that was) will stream itself, eleven hours daily, starting Sunday at 11:00 CEST. http://www.unicefopen.tv/ Even if it gets blocked somewhere (like here in "the land of the free") webcasters will certainly get all those streams to us. 

I'm in the Shoutbox.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#24 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:54:45 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Olga Govortsova/Alla Kudryavtseva (BLR/RUSWON the Birmingham doubles final:brav: They defeated Italians Errani & Vinci 16 61 10-5 in 58 mins. MOLODYETS!!! 

Final played indoors due to rain

Olga Govortsova & Alla Kudryavtseva are the AEGON Classic doubles champions after winning 1-6, 6-1, 10-5 against the Italians Roberta Vinci & Sara Errani.

"It feels great," said Kudryavtseva after the win, "It's our second title this year and we've won both on a super tie-break, we 'like the pressure'."

The Russian & Belarusian combination got off to a bad start but recovered well in the second set before dominating the final set match tie-break.

On a very rainy day at Edgbaston Priory Club the match was moved indoors and it seemed to benefit the Italians more in the early exchanges.

"It took us a little bit of time to get used to [the courts]," continued Govortsova. "We played like we'd been playing all week [on the grass] and 1-6. But then we made a couple of changes and it worked out good for us."

The third seeds seemed comfortable with the higher bouncing ball and were impressive as they won the first set 6-1.

After two tight games at the start of set two it was the second seeds who made the break through and carried the momentum forward to win the second 6-1.

Which meant the final would be decided on a match tie-break and it was Govortsova & Kudryavtseva who took the early initiative, holding a 3-1 lead.

The Italians refused to give up without a fight and struck back to level the breaker at five all before the Russian/Belarusian duo won the last five points in a row.

In an entertaining rally on the first match point an Italian forehand went wide and Govortsova & Kudryavtseva had won their second title of 2011.

Next week the pair will compete in Holland, where Kudryavtseva is the reigning doubles champion. "I'm defending the title in Holland so Olga better bring her A game," joked a smiling Kudryavtseva as she held the trophy. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Brebis
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:46:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 217 post(s)
If Ana can not even win this tournament , it's time she stops playing tennis.