logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<141516
Roland Garros
paul_pipkin
#302 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:23:44 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

President of the Russian Tennis Federation Shamil Tarpischev: Sharapova found herself 
Interview June 7, 2011, Chegorsky N.Roland Garros Debriefing

On Sunday, in Paris, finished the second in this year's Grand Slams - Roland Garros. President of the Russian Tennis Federation and national team captain Shamil Tarpischev, summing up the tournament, called the cause of Maria Sharapova's loss in the semifinals, explained the power of Novak Djokovic, and promised the strongest squad in the finals of the Fed Cup. "Zvonareva was not used to the new balls"...

Shamil Anvyarovich, "Roland Garros" for our girls first shaped up initially very successful. But neither Sharapova nor Kuznetsova reached the final. Therefore, some precipitate remained ...

"There was ... indeed, the potential in the finals to play with Kuznetsova, Sharapova and Pavlyuchenkova to reach the semifinals. On the quality of the game, they looked very well. In general, the situation in women's tennis is now unstable. The competition has grown. When to win the tournament series "Grand Slam" claim immediately 8-10 sportswomen certainly emerge plus new stars. For example, one can speak of the German Petkovic, our Pavlyuchenkova.

"But I am especially happy for Sharapova - Maria found herself. She reached the semifinals at the main clay tournament of the season! Although it is not her favorite surface. In the match with Li she summonded up her first serve. But then strong winds on the court and tall athletes, like Masha, always have difficulty in such weather.

"Kuznetsova, as always, beat herself, and Pavlyuchenkova still lacks experience... Very sorry for Vera Zvonareva. She never adjusted to the new hard balls, which they decided to try on the clay courts of Paris this year. Vera had is not enough time, just weeks to fully get used to them, to pick up the necessary racquet tension."

- What is special about them?-

"Balls pumped up and covered more than a tight rubber. This novelty decided to try the organizers of Roland Garros. Their goal is clear - first they wanted to make tennis move the more quickly. This is somewhat equalizes the chances of athletes, especially those who are used to playing  fast and aggressive. So the trend of recent years - Tennis averaged to a consistently quick rebound of the ball on any surface. This adds to a game of improvisation..."

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#303 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2011 11:43:15 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

Our girls still stronger

Наши девчонки всё равно сильнее

In his column, Marat Safin talks about Russian women's tennis at Roland Garros, the impact of women's finals on the development of tennis in China, the outcome of male competition and the victory of Nadal.

Li played alternately from the control half of the favorites. It seems that after some games she felt confident and carried it until the end of the tournament. When in fact she does nothing special on the court, is pretty routine, has no powerful weapons. This is a good steady player who surely holds the ball in play, sometimes can break. Previously, I would not say that she was able to win the Grand Slam. I repeat, it seems to me that our girls can handle them.

Meanwhile, Li's victory certainly provides enormous popularity of tennis in China. Do not forget that they have a healthy society, and any local athlete to win such a major competition gives great impetus to further development. Broadcasts of the final were a record, I'm sure of it. In general, China registered 23 million members of the Tennis Federation. After this victory, they will start a boom. I would like a similar pattern observed in our country, we're going for this, do this for everything. 

http://www.championat.ru/tennis/article-87616.html 
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17