logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Novak Djokovic
paul_pipkin
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:39:51 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1882 time(s) in 1251 post(s)

McEnroe hails the Djoker
John McEnroe, a man rarely inclined to praise any of the modern generation of players, nevertheless seems to be quite impressed with one Novak Djokovic. The Serb has won his first 37 ATP tour matches of the year and has Johnny Mac's all-time record of 42 - set in 1984 - in his sights. "The competition is much stiffer that it was in my day," the legendary lefty said. The players are fitter and more of them are capable of winning tournaments than you had back in my day. What Djokovic is achieving at the moment is incredible, his confidence is sky-high." Nole will have to make it to the final of Roland Garros if he is to beat McEnroe's record, something that the former world no.1 would "very much like to see. Almost all of the records I set have been broken, and that's the way it goes in tennis."

-- Drew Lilley, blogging on the Roland Garros site

Serbian: Новак ЂоковићNovak Đoković 

From the 2010 Davis Cup finals to the 2011 Rome Masters, Djokovic is on a 39 match win streak, which includes titles at the Australian Open, Dubai, Indian Wells Masters, Miami Masters, Serbia Open, Madrid Masters, and the Rome Masters. He has won 37 straight matches since the start of 2011, which is the second longest streak to start the year since 1980, behind John McEnroe (started 42–0 in 1984).

He is a double winner of the award The Best Sportperson of Serbia and award for The Best Sportsman by Olympic Committee of Serbia. He is considered the best male (see also Monica Seles) tennis player to come out of Serbia and the former Yugoslavia. Djokovic has been awarded with the Order of St. Sava, the highest decoration of the Serbian Orthodox Church.

-- Wikipedia

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Dartagnan
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:51:01 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

I AM DJOKOVIC N°2 

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...moPA&feature=related

masha

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

McEnroe hails the Djoker
John McEnroe, a man rarely inclined to praise any of the modern generation of players, nevertheless seems to be quite impressed with one Novak Djokovic. The Serb has won his first 37 ATP tour matches of the year and has Johnny Mac's all-time record of 42 - set in 1984 - in his sights. "The competition is much stiffer that it was in my day," the legendary lefty said. The players are fitter and more of them are capable of winning tournaments than you had back in my day. What Djokovic is achieving at the moment is incredible, his confidence is sky-high." Nole will have to make it to the final of Roland Garros if he is to beat McEnroe's record, something that the former world no.1 would "very much like to see. Almost all of the records I set have been broken, and that's the way it goes in tennis."

-- Drew Lilley, blogging on the Roland Garros site

Serbian: Новак ЂоковићNovak Đoković 

From the 2010 Davis Cup finals to the 2011 Rome Masters, Djokovic is on a 39 match win streak, which includes titles at the Australian Open, Dubai, Indian Wells Masters, Miami Masters, Serbia Open, Madrid Masters, and the Rome Masters. He has won 37 straight matches since the start of 2011, which is the second longest streak to start the year since 1980, behind John McEnroe (started 42–0 in 1984).

He is a double winner of the award The Best Sportperson of Serbia and award for The Best Sportsman by Olympic Committee of Serbia. He is considered the best male (see also Monica Seles) tennis player to come out of Serbia and the former Yugoslavia. Djokovic has been awarded with the Order of St. Sava, the highest decoration of the Serbian Orthodox Church.

-- Wikipedia

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Nazar
#3 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 3:33:01 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
yes,since winning Davis Cup for his country,Novak has been playing the best tennis of his life,wishing him win at RG!!!!

"Optimists find good things"-Robert De Niro
1 user thanked Nazar for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/20/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#4 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 5:43:56 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Nazar Go to Quoted Post
yes,since winning Davis Cup for his country,Novak has been playing the best tennis of his life,wishing him win at RG!!!!

Yeah, those Davis & Fed Cup events seem to mean something--to players and teams who are actually able to win them.  Adje!

Practice Thursday afternoon.

Nazar
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:57:01 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Novak reached the semis without playing,Fognini withdrew...that means two things: Nole has an extra day off and can watch Federer playing Monfils,and that now he needs to win RG to overcome McEnroe record,cos his progress to SF doesnt count according to the rules

Dartagnan
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2011 6:00:34 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: Nazar Go to Quoted Post

Novak reached the semis without playing,Fognini withdrew...that means two things: Nole has an extra day off and can watch Federer playing Monfils,and that now he needs to win RG to overcome McEnroe record,cos his progress to SF doesnt count according to the rules

At Roland Garros Federer played his best tennis on Clay against Djokovic. Watch how he played. 

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...ema0&feature=related

Djokovic is still N°2. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#7 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 6:42:54 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Новак Ђоковић, Novak Đoković, world number one,  had to pull out of Davis Cup in Sweden about an hour ago:

HALMSTAD, SWEDEN: None of the players in either camp at the Sweden v Serbia Davis Cup quarterfinal tie have ever met in singles on the tour, which means this tie simply comes down to how well Davis Cup debutants Michael Ryderstedt and Ervin Eleskovic deal with the pressure of facing the defending champions.

Chances of a win on Friday increased only very slightly with the withdrawal of world No. 1 Novak Djokovic from the second singles rubber. Due to face No. 355 Eleskovic, Djokovic had to pull out 40 minutes before the start of the tie because of a problem with his left knee and is replaced by Janko Tipsarevic. It could be a full weekend for the world No. 29, who is down to play Saturday's doubles with Nenad Zimonjic.

Opening for Serbia, world No. 16 Viktor Troicki, who has won his last three Davis Cup singles matches, including the deciding fifth rubber at last year's Final. The 25-year-old has had a steady year and broke into the Top 15 back in May.

Novak did play the doubles with Nenad--losing. What the hell, Djoker ain't a doubles player.

paul_pipkin
#8 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 2:37:53 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

In Serbia, a banknote may appear with the image of Djokovic

July 5, 2011, 16:00
Gromyko, N.

A banknote with the image of Wimbledon winner Novak Djokovic of Serbia may appear, reports The Sun:omg:

Layout of a note in denomination of 2,000 dinars (about £ 18) has been prepared. The banknote depicts Djokovic against the background of the central court at Wimbledon. National Bank of Serbia manager Dejan Soskich reports that the bill could be approved this week.

Nazar
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:05:15 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Novak is going to Rogers Cup,prospect of meeting wwith Federer there...Ajde,Nole!!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QZmxQv-7uH8/TTPDkmlckzI/AAAAAAAAHXQ/AT2fYjMaqNU/s1600/Marcel+Granollers+Vs+Novak+Djokovic+-Australian+Opne+2011.jpg

Nazar
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 11:01:21 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Novak is going strong again,reached semis in Montreal!!! He demolished Monfils and now will play with another frenchman,Tsonga...I was wrong,cos Federer lost to Tsonga,ha-ha!!!

http://www.livetennisguide.com/wp-content/uploads/Novak-Djokovic-Vs-Gael-Monfils.jpg

<3Maria Sharapova
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 4:12:23 AM(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 47 post(s)
He is so incredible! You know, since he lost to Roger Federer, he has never ever lost again!
Ruyman_Mashalover
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:26:58 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I started liking Novak when he was playing in Miami in 2007. I knew he would be a great player (he was pretty good back then already). I'm so happy he's no.1. I just wished Delpo would be right behing him and not Nadal (I guess it sounds weird since I'm Spanish but I'm not a fan of Rafa -although I think he is great-).
paul_pipkin
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:52:42 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Clearly Novak should not have attempted to pull out this tie--himself estimating he was at only 60%.  He needs to kick back until training for Hopman Cup or whatever way he intends to launch 2012.

http://www.daviscup.com/...ul-djokovic-retires.aspx 

Valkyre
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:19:49 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
He certainly had to skip this...after all he has done this season, he needs every opportunity for breaks.

He is a beast, but he needs to take it a bit slower at times. I hope he will be 100% coming next event.
Tetrus
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:58:12 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Novak was best man at his friend's wedding yesterday

(You can see Nole in the background of this one :p )
2 users thanked Tetrus for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 9/25/2011(UTC), paul_pipkin on 9/25/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 4:54:29 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

ATP - Djokovic does not regret comments on Kosovo

World no. 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic has told Der Speigel that he does not regret sending a video message to Belgrade in 2008 when 150,000 of his compatriots were demonstrating against Kosovo's declaration of independence. Djokovic’s message said: "We are prepared to defend what is rightfully ours. Kosovo is Serbia."

That night, demonstrators threw stones at the Croatian, Bosnian and German embassies and set fire to the U.S. embassy.

"It is the birthplace of my family and, indeed, of Serbian culture itself," Djokovic said. "I don't regret what I did. We want justice, but we just can't get it."

The Serb has pulled out of next week's ATP Masters Series event in Shanghai and is expected to return in time for the Paris Masters.

http://www.tennisworldus...Kosovo-articolo1719.html 

Interesting the sports press starts beating the drum on this again just after NATO "peacekeepers" in Kosovo gun down unarmed Serb protestors.  

Complete (three page) Der Speigel article on Novak at:

http://www.spiegel.de/in...pe/0,1518,790484,00.html 

Dartagnan
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:38:32 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

IS IT THE PERFECT COUPLE??? Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic are having a good time on a Yacht. These two serbian tennis players have a lot of ambition in tennis. 

http://tennisfeminin.com...9actu-du-tennis-feminin/

masha

Dartagnan
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:19:42 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

DJOKOVIC FOUND HIS BETTER HALF AND BECOMES NUMBER 1 IN TENNIS. HIS GIRL FRIEND IS A POSITIVE PERSON. 

masha

paul_pipkin
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 01, 2011 4:00:56 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Djoker today at Basel. lol

Valkyre
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:25:33 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
UNREAL...

That is the only word I can describe Djokovic and Nadal... Their head to head matches are nothing sort of pure epicness, an ode to tennis and sports in general...

Once again their final in the Australian Open made history...brutal, exhausting, relentless tennis for 6 hours... I cant help but feel major respect to them as athletes and individuals. They showed amazing heart, amazing class, they never give up and they are ready to completely destroy their bodies and defy nature, just to do what they love to do.

Play tennis...

This was the most amazing tennis match I ever watched. It had everything. Sloppy game at first, amazing rallies after, turnarounds, amazing points, unexpected events, amazing conclusion, amazing recognition and class from both players.

Considering Novak I NEVER believed that after his epic clash with Murray that lasted almost 5 hours, he could comeback and be ready for Nadal with just one day's rest, when Nadal cruised over Federer and had 2 days to rest. But this guy is just UNREAL... I mean he must be made out of nothing else but steel...

It was insane, I seriously thought that at some point Djoker will actually retire, his body seemed to be tortured. And yet he stayed there, fighting point by point.

And Nadal... what a fighter... what a fighter...

Djokovic said it best: "To bad there has to be only one winner out of this". And oh boy is he right. They are both winners in my mind. An unforgettable match and seriously I cant wait to see them again. An honor to the tennis world and sports in general. It represented all the things that make us love sports and then some.

Once again RESPECT by myself to both of them and congradulations to Novak. WOW... WOW....