logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Maria Sliding
boneyM
#1 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 6:31:38 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Do any of you think that if Maria developed more confidence in sliding on clay she'd have more chance? The guys on the tour are as tall as her (if not taller) and they all slide beautifully.

I wonder if she slid with more confidence whether she would have faired better in the semis.

Your thoughts....

Dartagnan
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:14:39 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

boneyM;308165 wrote:

Do any of you think that if Maria developed more confidence in sliding on clay she'd have more chance? The guys on the tour are as tall as her (if not taller) and they all slide beautifully.

I wonder if she slid with more confidence whether she would have faired better in the semis.

Your thoughts....

Maria Sharapova doesn't silde well at all. But she beats a new record in the world this year. She made 30 double faults in 6 matches. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2011 7:54:14 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

I do respect the traditional clay motif & like to watch it. But the outcomes this year do not support that speculation. The "sliders", even Schiavone who is arguably the best, did not distinguish themselves at RG or even throughout the clay season.

I rarely treat with this "what-if" kinda thing but: There is not the slightest doubt if Masha had not slipped up versus Li Na, she would have dismissed Francesca--with her game just as it is. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17