logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<13141516>
Roland Garros
shyra asis
#286 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:55:48 PM(UTC)
shyra asis

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
good thing the site is now available... i had trouble accessing it last night after the match...

still depressed about the lost...it's the semifinal and the serve deserted her AGAIN! i don't even want to talk about the wind...

all in all it was a great clay season. hoping for a even greater grass court season.
“I think I learn a lot from losses and they make me a lot tougher,”-Maria Sharapova

1 user thanked shyra asis for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 6/2/2011(UTC)
katmilr
#268 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:12:27 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)

Originally Posted by: irvino Go to Quoted Post

WIND        6     7

MASHA    4     5

Quoted for Truth.  This was the year Maria should've taken the title. So upset. I can't stand Li Na. 

tgj92
#269 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:17:44 PM(UTC)
tgj92

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Originally Posted by: katmilr Go to Quoted Post

WIND        6     7

MASHA    4     5

Quoted for Truth.  This was the year Maria should've taken the title. So upset. I can't stand Li Na. 

Idk about other people but i think she would have stuggled even more against Francesca the way she can play on clay.

But yeah, this thought has been fluttering through my mind all day ):

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#287 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:48:39 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Unfortunately Maria lost today, but in anyway she had a great tournament. The fact that the girls don't have a day off between quarters and semis maybe made a difference, I think it could be different if Maria had a day off. But like Maria said Li Na was the best player today. Maria wasn't able to play consistently today and had more unforced errors than she did in some matches. Let's now wait and see what the grass seasion will bring to her. I believe that she can do well in Birmingham and Wimbledon (her favorite Grand Slam). Go Maria!
Brebis
#267 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 2:26:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

WIND        6     7

MASHA    4     5

Funny , I totally agree ! Sunny ,dry condition are benefits for Maria and that this happens. Who could have expected that the wind would blow over the courts for days. I hope Maria will spoil her self today by going shopping in Paris. Next week new tournament, new chances.   Keep it up Maria and do well for all of us.

<3Maria Sharapova
#288 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 2:45:32 AM(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I was so sad when I knew that Maria lost the match. Pfffftttt
M-Lover
#266 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 2:56:49 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

WIND        6     7

MASHA    4     5

So right. But the result isn't complete  . To be fair, the board should be  

WIND        6     7

MASHA     4     5

and

NA             6     7

WIND        4    5

1 user thanked M-Lover for this useful post.
marseille132@hotmail.com on 6/3/2011(UTC)
jonnytran
#289 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 3:31:13 AM(UTC)

Hello! i'm a new member of this forum. i've been a fan of maria for 5 years and i love maria so much. i think that maria has done well on clay this year. she won rome master and through to SF of roland garros. Everybody are sad when maria lost to lina but i think we should happy about the improvement of maria!!!!

deadchip
#290 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 5:13:30 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Welcome aboard Jonny!
My thought on the match today. WIND!!!!!! DAMN!!!!! Worst possible thing for Masha today was the bloody gale blowing!! I hope that she doesn't lose the confidence she has rediscovered in her serve!!!! She still battled, but she just could not hit a serve in the big moments for the life of her. Li Na played a very smart match and adjusted much better to the conditions.Congratulations to her, it was a well deserved win. Hopefully Masha puts this loss behind her and it doesn't affect her the way her loss to Caro at the USO did!!
A month a go, if you would have told me that Maria would win Rome and make semis at RG, I would have been very happy, so we need to appreciate the recent accomplishments and look forward to the grass season, not dwelling on opportunities missed. DAMN WIND!!!
HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH MARIA!! Don't listen to all the haters who will be barking up a storm! Stay strong!
Masha is my #1!!
robb
#291 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 5:44:23 AM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Originally Posted by: deadchip Go to Quoted Post
Welcome aboard Jonny!
My thought on the match today. WIND!!!!!! DAMN!!!!! Worst possible thing for Masha today was the bloody gale blowing!! I hope that she doesn't lose the confidence she has rediscovered in her serve!!!! She still battled, but she just could not hit a serve in the big moments for the life of her. Li Na played a very smart match and adjusted much better to the conditions.Congratulations to her, it was a well deserved win. Hopefully Masha puts this loss behind her and it doesn't affect her the way her loss to Caro at the USO did!!
A month a go, if you would have told me that Maria would win Rome and make semis at RG, I would have been very happy, so we need to appreciate the recent accomplishments and look forward to the grass season, not dwelling on opportunities missed. DAMN WIND!!!
HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH MARIA!! Don't listen to all the haters who will be barking up a storm! Stay strong!

I tend to agree with this.............if you had told me  a couple of months ago that MARIA WOULD WIN ROME, and get to the French semis, I would have laughed....

That said, it is nice to see Maria telling it like it is.....she was second best against Li Na, her serve let her down, and what surprised me was the power and accuracy of Na.....she hit the ball as hard as Maria, but with more purpose. So Philly is right on that score.......just can't understand what she is doing on here though, what with her hatred of all things Maria.

Forget the 'retail therapy' Maria, and concentrate on a few extra tactics and moves that you will need for the grass court season ahead.....

marseille132@hotmail.com
#292 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 8:05:51 AM(UTC)
marseille132@hotmail.com

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

desolé d'ecrire en français ! toutes mes felicitations Maria pout ton tres bon retour et parcour a RG ! malheureusement le vent a gener ton service et LI NA a fait un tres bon match ! je pense que hier ce n'etait pas le jour des M  puisque toi et Marion vous vous etes arretées en demie 

sinon etre confient pour ta saison et je pense que a la fin de l'année tu retrouveras ta place de n° 1 mondial ! a bientot de te retrouver surement a wimbledon ! kiss et encore 

Choucy
paul_pipkin
#293 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 9:31:41 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Idem!  Merci de commencer le RG thread, marseilles. En effet, vous avez porté bonheur global. 

Note: Caroline Garcia went down in three to Ons Jabeur, Tunisian Junior. Ons is a Girl with a Mission: to ignite women's tennis throughout the Maghreb. Ons will play Puerto Rico's Monica Puig in the final.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
PodgeMcQ
#294 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 1:20:34 PM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)
French Open semi-finalists Maria Sharapova and Marion Bartoli have withdrawn from the AEGON Classic in Birmingham next week.

Sharapova has used the tournament as her sole warm-up for Wimbledon in the past, winning twice and reaching the final on two further occasions.

However, the Russian - who lost to Li Na in Paris on Thursday - has cited illness as the reason for pulling out.

"The Birmingham tournament is one of my favourite events of the year and has great history for me," she said. "I am really sorry that I will miss all my amazing fans this year, but I will be back next year for sure."

Bartoli, who suffered a straight sets loss to Francesca Schiavone at Roland Garros, will miss the event through injury.

Tournament director, Patrick Hughesman said: "This is disappointing news for the tournament as Maria is very popular here in Birmingham.

"However we do still have world-class players competing at the event, including Ana Ivanovic and Britain's own Heather Watson, so it will be a great event and we're looking forward to it enormously."

http://www.skysports.com...28,12110_6965102,00.html
2 users thanked PodgeMcQ for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 6/3/2011(UTC), deadchip on 6/3/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#295 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 1:33:00 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: PodgeMcQ Go to Quoted Post
French Open semi-finalists Maria Sharapova and Marion Bartoli have withdrawn from the AEGON Classic in Birmingham next week.

Sharapova has used the tournament as her sole warm-up for Wimbledon in the past, winning twice and reaching the final on two further occasions.

However, the Russian - who lost to Li Na in Paris on Thursday - has cited illness as the reason for pulling out.

"The Birmingham tournament is one of my favourite events of the year and has great history for me," she said. "I am really sorry that I will miss all my amazing fans this year, but I will be back next year for sure."

Bartoli, who suffered a straight sets loss to Francesca Schiavone at Roland Garros, will miss the event through injury.

Tournament director, Patrick Hughesman said: "This is disappointing news for the tournament as Maria is very popular here in Birmingham.

"However we do still have world-class players competing at the event, including Ana Ivanovic and Britain's own Heather Watson, so it will be a great event and we're looking forward to it enormously."

http://www.skysports.com...8,12110_6965102,00.html

Before that, she posted on Facebook & front page:

Put myself in a position to win the BIG one and came up short!! No excuses!! All the credit to Li Na for playing a great match. I need to get better and keep working. I want to thank all my die hard fans for cheering me on the past 2 weeks. Can't wait to smell the grass!!!  10:06 AM 6/03/2011

Guess she meant the grass of Wimbledon. 8-) 

deadchip
#297 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 2:16:22 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Pulling out due to illness!!! Wonder what is up with her and maybe that's why she was really bugging Philli with her snot nose! Well, that's too bad. Not sure it is a good thing to go right to Wimbly without a tourney to adjust to the grass, but we shall see I guess.
Masha is my #1!!
paul_pipkin
#298 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:29:34 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Court 2 Girls' Doubles - Final

Irina Khromacheva RUS (2)

Maryna Zanevska UKR (2) 6 7

Victoria Kan RUS                              :group:

Demi Schuurs NED            4 5

Left to right, Rolang Garros 2011 Girls Doubles Champions & Finalists: Khromacheva & Zanevska; Kan & her Dutch partner Schuurs. MOLODYETS!!! 

Full Sizehttp://www.rolandgarros...._Finaledoublefilles1.jpg

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 6/4/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#299 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:31:21 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

It is unfair. There is a boy in the other team which loses the match. 

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Court 2 Girls' Doubles - Final

Irina Khromacheva RUS (2)

Maryna Zanevska UKR (2) 6 7

Victoria Kan RUS                              :group:

Demi Schuurs NED            4 5

Left to right, Rolang Garros 2011 Girls Doubles Champions & Finalists: Khromacheva & Zanevska; Kan & her Dutch partner Schuurs. MOLODYETS!!! 

Full Sizehttp://www.rolandgarros...._Finaledoublefilles1.jpg

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#296 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:34:16 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

I think it is a good decision. Masha needs a rest FOR correcting her mistakes. 

Originally Posted by: PodgeMcQ Go to Quoted Post

http://www.skysports.com...28,12110_6965102,00.html

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Brebis
#300 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 3:29:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Looking at today's final there was somebody greatly missed and that was Maria . Maybe not for the game but for the post match speech on court ! Maria can always say the right things on court, today nothing was said by both players. No Maria today but a great , great compliment to Maria after seeing what happended out there today !!
sunstreet
#301 Posted : Tuesday, June 07, 2011 5:29:49 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)

I think Maria had a great run at RG this year. I hoped and wished that she would make it to the semifinal, and after that, well come what may. You see, i wished for a great result, and she got it, although she didn´t win the tournament, she had the best run in a clay court seaon i´ve ever seen. And that alone makes me really happy for her.

Next i can fully understand that her body is a little bit worn down and she will get sick of all this. Maria has been performing on an exceptional high level for weeks now, everyon can get fatigued by that, just look at Federer and Djokovic, they´ve pulled out of this weeks tournaments as well.

I think everyone in here should be happy and proud of what Maria has achieved the last couple of weeks, it looks really good and promising for the future. Remember i said a couple of months back that this was just the begining of everything, and that great things was to come.... Well i was right. Maria made it happen, and that´s making me really happy. I´ve been running around the last couple of weeks telling everyone, who thought that the shoulder injury  had stopped Maria, that i was right. Maria would come back, she would get back in the top ten, she would be a contender, and they´d to be god damn stupid to think anything else, and i was right....

Because that who Maria is, and i feel inspired and i´m proud to support her, and will continue to do so.

Last but not least, Congratualions Maria, even my mom, who is not into tennis, told me to send you har best wishes for wimbledon and congratulate you with what you achieved at RG.

Hugs