logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<910111213>»
Roland Garros
saggittarian
#199 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:19:16 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Originally Posted by: ShelbyK Go to Quoted Post
I can't stand it when that girl dances! :P

I thought she said she was going to stop dancing after Miami? Maria beat her then I think.

Brebis
#203 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:25:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 366 time(s) in 218 post(s)
Hi Paul, As you are such a wise man...........,do you know where I can find the post- match interviews of Maria . I did look on the Garros site and other sites but nowere to be found ! Can you help me ?? Thanks.
shyra asis
#204 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:43:46 AM(UTC)
shyra asis

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
Hi Paul, As you are such a wise man...........,do you know where I can find the post- match interviews of Maria . I did look on the Garros site and other sites but nowere to be found ! Can you help me ?? Thanks.

M. SHARAPOVA/A. Radwanska

7 6, 7 5

MARIA SHARAPOVA

Q. Congratulations. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Thank you.

Q. It was a big fight again. Can you talk about each time you got your back on the wall you're finding your way back in the match and to turn this around. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, from the beginning I had quite a slow start today. It was 1 4 and 15 40, so I think the one thing that really saved me in the first set was I served really well and kept her off balance and started playing better.
That gave me a lot of confidence. I had the chance to be up 3 0, could have been 4 0 in the second set, and just kind of rolled the other way. She had so many chances. 
Overall it was just really tough. I played smart when I needed to be smart and was patient at the right times. 
Yeah.

Q. Now you're going to play against Petkovic like in Melbourne. Talk about this next battle. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, we played in Melbourne. Also in played Miami, you know, a month or so ago. Yeah, she's a very tough opponent. She is also quite good on this surface and moves very well. She'll use that to her advantage.
But, yeah, it'll be tough. I'll go out there and try to win that match. 
Are you observing the picture? 

Q. Yes. I'm trying to frame my question. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, around the picture? 

Q. Yes.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Why are you giving it to me? 

Q. Because I want to ask you a question. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Okay.

Q. So, Maria, we had some fun in the pressroom about the official publication of the tournament's with that little headline. Does that give you a laugh? What you are your thoughts? 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. It's just a cover of a paper. That's it for me. 
About, you mean, the headline? 

Q. Yes. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, there have been so many headlines thought my career, and this is just another one. (Laughing.) 

Q. If I could switch to tennis...
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yes. Let me give this back to you. I don't want myself staring at me. (Laughter.)

Q. So just talk about your serve. How is your feel on it? Number of double faults today, but you seemed to be going for it on the second. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I did. Um, yeah, I thought the serve saved me in the first set. I served really well. I think that that gave me confidence throughout my whole game, because from the beginning I was just making I was making errors, all of them kind of went long. 
I thought I served my way out of the first set there. You know, there was a little dip in the second set, but overall I felt pretty good and I felt confident on it.

Q. What would it mean to you win this tournament, Maria? 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, this tournament has a very rich history. It's one that I've always said would be the most challenging for me to win. But I've always worked really hard on trying to get myself prepared as well as I could for it, you know, physically and mentally, knowing that sometimes you just have to be more patient than maybe in other points in other tournaments. 
Yeah, a lot of it is preparation and just going out there and believing in what you have done before and the way you prepared.

Q. The first two matches you had with her this year you split, and they were on hardcourt. Do they have really no impact on your preparation? Is it a whole different thing going out on clay against her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I guess. I think every match for me is different. I mean, you look back at a few things that maybe helped you or maybe changed things around if you were down or what you did to change. 
You know, I had lost that first set in Miami, so, yeah, just maybe looking back on those things. 
But as far as, yeah, it's really about it's really another match, a new one.

Q. Can you tell us a little bit what your coach Thomas mean to you and how it all started, why you started working together?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Why? 

Q. What does he mean to you? 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I've said it a few times. He's brought a really great work ethic into my tennis, into my practices. A lot positive energy. He's been a great new voice for me and something that I needed. 
When you've had a coach for many, many years, sometimes it's not even about new things that are being said. Maybe sometimes it's the same things, but coming from a different person in a little bit of a different way, gets to you differently.
Yeah, he's pushed me and believes in me. He's also coached against me, which I like. 
So, yeah. 

Q. You won three tournaments on clay, and then Rome. How important was Rome for you? Before you had just Strasbourg and not great, great clay court season. How important was Rome? And what is the difference that you find between the Rome tournament and this one?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, Rome brought me a lot of confidence because I beat players that have had a lot of their success on clay and were maybe favorites against me on clay courts and I was able to beat them.
And, yeah, I felt like I improved as the tournament went on. That certainly gives me a lot confidence.
But when you get to the next tournament it starts from scratch. You start from the first round and you face different opponents and it's a new day. 
Everything is different. We have a different ball. The courts are a little bit different. The atmosphere. 
Yeah, but it's really about adjusting and taking that confidence, but also knowing that it's not going to be the same. 

Q. You once famously described yourself on clay as cow on ice. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uh huh. And I don't regret it. I really don't. 

Q. What is your comfortable level now on it? Obviously you've come a long, long way. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I've certainly improved. When I said that comment I was referring to the first few days and weeks on clay when you're after you've played on hard court for such a long time, it's such a different feeling.
Used to be tough for me to move around and get back into position. Also I mentioned recovering from tough matches and going into the next ones was quite difficult for me maybe four years ago or so. I feel like that's the one thing that I've really improved and I've really worked hard on.

Q. The other day you spoke of your love of street culture. Obviously Paris is quite different from L.A. or New York or other capitals. Talk a little bit about Paris's culture, street culture.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it's classic and I think it's unpretentious. The whole city is beautiful. I think people take part in the beauty of it and they come here and enjoy every little angle and aspect of it. 
I unfortunately haven't had that amount of time to be able to browse and to go in different areas as much as I would have liked to in the past.
But that's something I can't wait to come back when I have more time. It's one of the cities I would love to even have an apartment or just browse. 
You know, I'm kind of stuck around the hotel. But hopefully one day.

from tennis forums.com

“I think I learn a lot from losses and they make me a lot tougher,”-Maria Sharapova

3 users thanked shyra asis for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/31/2011(UTC), Dartagnan on 5/31/2011(UTC), katmilr on 6/1/2011(UTC)
Brebis
#205 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:12:40 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: shyra asis Go to Quoted Post

M. SHARAPOVA/A. Radwanska

7 6, 7 5

MARIA SHARAPOVA

Q. Congratulations. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Thank you.

Q. It was a big fight again. Can you talk about each time you got your back on the wall you're finding your way back in the match and to turn this around. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, from the beginning I had quite a slow start today. It was 1 4 and 15 40, so I think the one thing that really saved me in the first set was I served really well and kept her off balance and started playing better.
That gave me a lot of confidence. I had the chance to be up 3 0, could have been 4 0 in the second set, and just kind of rolled the other way. She had so many chances. 
Overall it was just really tough. I played smart when I needed to be smart and was patient at the right times. 
Yeah.

Q. Now you're going to play against Petkovic like in Melbourne. Talk about this next battle. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, we played in Melbourne. Also in played Miami, you know, a month or so ago. Yeah, she's a very tough opponent. She is also quite good on this surface and moves very well. She'll use that to her advantage.
But, yeah, it'll be tough. I'll go out there and try to win that match. 
Are you observing the picture? 

Q. Yes. I'm trying to frame my question. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, around the picture? 

Q. Yes.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Why are you giving it to me? 

Q. Because I want to ask you a question. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Okay.

Q. So, Maria, we had some fun in the pressroom about the official publication of the tournament's with that little headline. Does that give you a laugh? What you are your thoughts? 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. It's just a cover of a paper. That's it for me. 
About, you mean, the headline? 

Q. Yes. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, there have been so many headlines thought my career, and this is just another one. (Laughing.) 

Q. If I could switch to tennis...
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yes. Let me give this back to you. I don't want myself staring at me. (Laughter.)

Q. So just talk about your serve. How is your feel on it? Number of double faults today, but you seemed to be going for it on the second. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I did. Um, yeah, I thought the serve saved me in the first set. I served really well. I think that that gave me confidence throughout my whole game, because from the beginning I was just making I was making errors, all of them kind of went long. 
I thought I served my way out of the first set there. You know, there was a little dip in the second set, but overall I felt pretty good and I felt confident on it.

Q. What would it mean to you win this tournament, Maria? 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, this tournament has a very rich history. It's one that I've always said would be the most challenging for me to win. But I've always worked really hard on trying to get myself prepared as well as I could for it, you know, physically and mentally, knowing that sometimes you just have to be more patient than maybe in other points in other tournaments. 
Yeah, a lot of it is preparation and just going out there and believing in what you have done before and the way you prepared.

Q. The first two matches you had with her this year you split, and they were on hardcourt. Do they have really no impact on your preparation? Is it a whole different thing going out on clay against her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I guess. I think every match for me is different. I mean, you look back at a few things that maybe helped you or maybe changed things around if you were down or what you did to change. 
You know, I had lost that first set in Miami, so, yeah, just maybe looking back on those things. 
But as far as, yeah, it's really about it's really another match, a new one.

Q. Can you tell us a little bit what your coach Thomas mean to you and how it all started, why you started working together?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Why? 

Q. What does he mean to you? 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I've said it a few times. He's brought a really great work ethic into my tennis, into my practices. A lot positive energy. He's been a great new voice for me and something that I needed. 
When you've had a coach for many, many years, sometimes it's not even about new things that are being said. Maybe sometimes it's the same things, but coming from a different person in a little bit of a different way, gets to you differently.
Yeah, he's pushed me and believes in me. He's also coached against me, which I like. 
So, yeah. 

Q. You won three tournaments on clay, and then Rome. How important was Rome for you? Before you had just Strasbourg and not great, great clay court season. How important was Rome? And what is the difference that you find between the Rome tournament and this one?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, Rome brought me a lot of confidence because I beat players that have had a lot of their success on clay and were maybe favorites against me on clay courts and I was able to beat them.
And, yeah, I felt like I improved as the tournament went on. That certainly gives me a lot confidence.
But when you get to the next tournament it starts from scratch. You start from the first round and you face different opponents and it's a new day. 
Everything is different. We have a different ball. The courts are a little bit different. The atmosphere. 
Yeah, but it's really about adjusting and taking that confidence, but also knowing that it's not going to be the same. 

Q. You once famously described yourself on clay as cow on ice. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uh huh. And I don't regret it. I really don't. 

Q. What is your comfortable level now on it? Obviously you've come a long, long way. 
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I've certainly improved. When I said that comment I was referring to the first few days and weeks on clay when you're after you've played on hard court for such a long time, it's such a different feeling.
Used to be tough for me to move around and get back into position. Also I mentioned recovering from tough matches and going into the next ones was quite difficult for me maybe four years ago or so. I feel like that's the one thing that I've really improved and I've really worked hard on.

Q. The other day you spoke of your love of street culture. Obviously Paris is quite different from L.A. or New York or other capitals. Talk a little bit about Paris's culture, street culture.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it's classic and I think it's unpretentious. The whole city is beautiful. I think people take part in the beauty of it and they come here and enjoy every little angle and aspect of it. 
I unfortunately haven't had that amount of time to be able to browse and to go in different areas as much as I would have liked to in the past.
But that's something I can't wait to come back when I have more time. It's one of the cities I would love to even have an apartment or just browse. 
You know, I'm kind of stuck around the hotel. But hopefully one day.

from tennis forums.com

You are wise too .........................? May I ask you where to find this ??

PodgeMcQ
#206 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:59:41 AM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)
paul_pipkin
#207 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:55:51 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Court Philippe Chatrier  2:00 PM Start Time CEST

1. Women's Singles - Quarterfinals

Li Na (CHN)[6]  v. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)[4] 

2. Men's Singles - Quarterfinals

Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1]  v. Robin Soderling (SWE)[5] 

3. Women's Doubles - Semifinals

Vania King (USA)[3]  v. Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) 

Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)[3]  Lucie Hradecka (CZE) 

Court Suzanne Lenglen  2:00 PM Start Time  noon GMT, 08:00 EDT

Maria Sharapova (RUS)[7]  v. Andrea Petkovic (GER)[15] 

Andy Murray (GBR)[4]  v. Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) 

Sania Mirza (IND)[7]  v. Liezel Huber (USA)[4] 

Elena Vesnina (RUS)[7]  Lisa Raymond (USA)[4] 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Imnumber2
#211 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:55:42 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

A disappointing day!! :(

But tomorrow Maria will shine!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Dartagnan
#212 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:01:29 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Imnumber2 Go to Quoted Post

A disappointing day!! :(

But tomorrow Maria will shine!

Yes Masha should sleep well and eat fresh food  to be ready for tomorrow.  

Let's be carefull with vegetable in Europe. There is a strange bacteria in them. Have you watched the news? 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Brebis
#208 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:01:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Maria on Lenglen for the very first time this year ! Let's hope that she gets better by the match and that she is able to outplay Petkovic ! She needs luck too but above all good legs and mental spirit !  Unfortunately working tomorrow so ....., will I be with a smile on my face in the train on the way home ?

1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 5/31/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#209 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:09:31 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Maria on Lenglen for the very first time this year ! Let's hope that she gets better by the match and that she is able to outplay Petkovic ! She needs luck too but above all good legs and mental spirit !  Unfortunately working tomorrow so ....., will I be with a smile on my face in the train on the way home ?

Masha has already an advantage on Petrovic. Masha has a better WTA ranking than her. But As I always say: never underestimate your opponent. You should be always very carefull. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

goran.k@gmail.com
#213 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:18:54 PM(UTC)
goran.k@gmail.com

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I really hope Maria blasts Petkovic off the court. I think she needs a solid victory going into the semi-final. The only person I REALLY see standing in her way is Azarenka, however. Again, I hope that she makes it to the semi-final and beats Azarenka (if she does not get ousted by Li Na). More so to prove to those people that continue to complain about how Azarenka got injured and had to retire in Rome-- so Sharapova was lucky.

Azarenkas attitude really gets on my nerves, so not to get ahead of myself, but I hope that Maria can pummel all of these other players with her fierce a** self. <3 :)
M-Lover
#210 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:23:36 PM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Masha has already an advantage on Petrovic. Masha has a better WTA ranking than her. But As I always say: never underestimate your opponent. You should be always very carefull. 

I understand your fan's enthusiasm supporting Maria. Want just to say having a higher ranking doesn't mean anything in a competition like a GS, especially when it's about the WTA ranking! Just look at the first week at Roland Garros. 

I agree this Petkovic is a very tough obstacle. And I dont want her to moonwalk again tomorrow! It's so annoying.

Dartagnan
#215 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:30:53 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: goran.k@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
I really hope Maria blasts Petkovic off the court. I think she needs a solid victory going into the semi-final. The only person I REALLY see standing in her way is Azarenka, however. Again, I hope that she makes it to the semi-final and beats Azarenka (if she does not get ousted by Li Na). More so to prove to those people that continue to complain about how Azarenka got injured and had to retire in Rome-- so Sharapova was lucky.

Azarenkas attitude really gets on my nerves, so not to get ahead of myself, but I hope that Maria can pummel all of these other players with her fierce a** self. <3 :)

You are totally right. Azarenka could be the danger number 1 in this tournament.

But let's win the next match first and then talk about Azarenka. 

Azarenka is playing double matches with Kirilenko. I don't know if Azarenka will have enough strenght to win the final. She is playing two matches at the same time. 

tgj92
#214 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:34:13 PM(UTC)
tgj92

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Originally Posted by: goran.k@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post

This :D

shyra asis
#216 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:26:08 PM(UTC)
shyra asis

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
i just hope they would feature Maria's match later instead of Azarenka's even if she's in Lenglen.
“I think I learn a lot from losses and they make me a lot tougher,”-Maria Sharapova

shrapilova
#217 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:54:49 PM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I second all what You said about Azarenka and Petkovic.
Azarenka is a psycho.And I hope she gets outed by Li Na.
Hope Maria can win against Petkovic.( she should start a dancing career )
A win of Petko would create here in Germany an unsupportable atmosphere
and they would drag Maria in the mud.
Good luck Maria !!!
katmilr
#218 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2011 12:02:10 AM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shrapilova Go to Quoted Post
I second all what You said about Azarenka and Petkovic. Azarenka is a psycho.And I hope she gets outed by Li Na. Hope Maria can win against Petkovic.( she should start a dancing career ) A win of Petko would create here in Germany an unsupportable atmosphere and they would dreg Maria in the mud. Good luck Maria !!!

+1!! Allez Maria, on y croit! :D

GO GO GO !

Bonne Chance pour ce match!

shrapilova
#220 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:20:13 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

The german media are today plenty of shit regarding
Maria and Petco.

Example ( don't know who understands german )

Petkovic: Sharapovas Sticheleien sind vergessen

Für Andrea Petkovic ist es ein logischer Prozess: "Ich bin über meinen Viertelfinal-Einzug gar nicht so überrascht", sagt die deutsche Nummer eins, "in meinen bisherigen vier Matches wurde das getestet, was ich im vergangenen Jahr gelernt habe." Und sie hat bestanden: "Petko" hat heute ab 14 Uhr die Chance, erstmals das Halbfinale eines Grand-Slam-Turniers zu erreichen. Es geht gegen Vorbild Maria Sharapova - mit der sie 2011 nicht nur gute Erfahrungen machte.

"Ich spüre, dass ich da hingehöre, wo ich stehe": Andrea Petkovic.
© picture alliance Dreimal spielte Petkovic bisher gegen Sharapova, zweimal in dieser Saison. Und bei diesen beiden Matches war alles dabei, positiv wie negativ. Bei den Australian Open fegte Petkovic die Russin im Achtelfinale furios mit 6:2, 6:3 vom Court und belegte mit ihrem allerersten Grand-Slam-Viertelfinaleinzug, was man von ihr in diesem Jahr erwarten durfte. Gut zwei Monate später aber, in Miami, wo die Darmstädterin bis dahin bravourös aufgetreten war, fügte ihr Sharapova eine der schmerzhaftesten Niederlagen 2011 zu - Nachspiel inklusive.

Nach Siegen über die Weltranglistenerste Caroline Wozniacki sowie Jelena Jankovic hatte Petkovic das Halbfinale erreicht, Satz eins gegen Sharapova locker gewonnen, doch dann leicht angeschlagen erst in ihrer Domäne, der schier grenzenlosen Ausdauer, geschwächelt und schließlich vollkommen den Faden verloren. Elf abgegebene Spiele am Stück, eine 6:3, 0:6, 2:6-Schlappe und ein beißender Kommentar ihrer Kontrahentin folgten: "Ich habe gemerkt, dass sie müde wurde", so Sharapova nach ihrem Sieg, "wahrscheinlich von ihrem vielen Getanze".

„ Ich muss mein bestes Sandplatztennis spielen, um Maria zu schlagen. Aber ich weiß, dass ich dazu fähig bin. “
Andrea Petkovic

Petkovic, die bei den French Open ihre Siege mit einer "Moonwalk"-Interpretation, dem "Petko-Dance"-Nachfolger, feiert, nimmt Sharapova die Stichelei heute nicht mehr übel: "Zum einen glaube ich, dass sie das nur im Spaß gesagt hat, zum anderen würde es aber auch nichts bringen, das mit ins Spiel zu nehmen."

Petkovic vs. Sharapova: Die Duelle 2011
Petkovic phantastisch! Sharapova ohne ChanceBitteres Aus: Petkovic bricht völlig einEs wäre auch nicht ihre Art, beleidigt zurückzukeifen - vielmehr betont Petkovic: "Ich bewundere Maria dafür, wie sie mit dem Rummel um ihre Person umgeht. Sie ist eine tolle Repräsentantin unseres Sports." Und trotzdem hätte die 23-Jährige sicher nichts dagegen, sich nach dem Viertelfinalduell heute erst die Glückwünsche ihres Vorbilds abzuholen und anschließend ihr Tänzchen zu vollführen. Auch wenn Petkovic weiß: "Ich muss mein bestes Sandplatztennis spielen, um Maria zu schlagen. Aber ich weiß, dass ich dazu fähig bin."

Zwar überstand sie keinen ihrer bisherigen vier Auftritte bei Roland Garros 2011 ohne einen kleinen Durchhänger, nie spielte sie von vorne bis hinten überragend, doch das Wichtigste konnte sie von sich behaupten: Sie hatte stets das letzte Wort. Mental macht ihr in Paris keine Konkurrentin etwas vor, kaum vorstellbar, dass sich die Vorgeschichte ihres Viertelfinalaus' in Australien wiederholt: Damals konnte sie trotz des überzeugenden Sieges über Sharapova vor dem Match gegen Na Li nicht schlafen und schied sang- und klanglos aus.

Kein halbes Jahr später, vor ihrer zweiten Chance, unter die letzten Vier eines Major-Wettbewerbs einzuziehen, sagt Petkovic ganz cool: "Ich spüre, dass ich da hingehöre, wo ich stehe." Vier Plätze trennen sie in der Weltrangliste nur noch von Sharapova, die Top Ten sind in Reichweite. Heißt für "Petko": "Angst muss ich vor niemandem haben."

paul_pipkin
#219 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:42:31 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Duh. And I may "feel" I should be shacked up with Maria at Manhattan Beach or with Elena in Moscow. But somehow Sasha & Maxim got there instead.  LOL!

Originally Posted by: shrapilova Go to Quoted Post
I second all what You said about Azarenka and Petkovic. Azarenka is a psycho.And I hope she gets outed by Li Na. Hope Maria can win against Petkovic.( she should start a dancing career ) A win of Petko would create here in Germany an unsupportable atmosphere and they would drag Maria in the mud. Good luck Maria !!!

Comprends the "unsupportable atmosphere". GOOD way to put it.  What you are looking at there is the German version of the same crap spewed out by the commentariat in the States & Britain -- and I suspect for the same underlying motives.

It remains odd to me however, for media to use Petkovic in this way. Andrea's Balkan ties are too complicated. It might be simply a matter that Görges will not allow that sort of image to be projected on her, so Andrea becomes their "anti-Sharapova" by default. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
shrapilova
#221 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:57:37 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Paul, You are absolutely right.
That's the way it is.