logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages123>»
Roland Garros
marseille132@hotmail.com
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:39:03 AM(UTC)
marseille132@hotmail.com

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

On attent avec impatience Maria pour sa plus belle quinzaine a Rolland Garros et que elle s'en sort victorieuse ! j'y crois d'un fan pour la vie ! bisous Maria 

Choucy
2 users thanked marseille132@hotmail.com for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 5/16/2011(UTC), deadchip on 5/16/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:50:18 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

marseille132@hotmail.com;307608 wrote:

On attent avec impatience Maria pour sa plus belle quinzaine et que elle s'en sort victorieuse ! j'y crois d'un fan pour la vie ! bisous Maria 

Maria Sharapova joue son meilleur tennis en ce moment. J'espère qu'elle pourra jouer son meilleur tennis à Roland Garros. Mais ce n'est jamais facile de tout prévoir d'avance. 

Dans tous les cas on peut la féliciter pour son exploit à Rome. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#3 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 12:04:40 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Kim Clijsters to play at French Open

BRUSSELS (AP)—Kim Clijsters says she’s healthy enough to compete at the French Open.

The Belgian said Monday that she will play with her right ankle taped but added that her shoulder and wrist injuries no longer impede her before the Grand Slam tournament she has yet to win.

“Playing is going wonderful. I am hitting the ball very well and increasingly I am going for it,” she said. “I am not totally without pain, but the strong tape round my ankle gives me sufficient security.”

During a busy early spring schedule, she overexerted her right shoulder and wrist and withdrew from the tour last month. Her problems were compounded when she also injured the ankle while wearing high heels at her cousin’s wedding.

With a slew of late withdrawals, including the Williams sisters, the French is wide open. And Clijsters, the reigning U.S. and Australian Open champion, is confident she can do well.

“The advantage is that I still have the spirit of the past Grand Slam tournaments. If I play well, I can win. Attitude is very important, even though the situation is physically very different,” she said.

The grass of Wimbledon suits her game better and she has already signed up to compete in a warmup tournament in the Netherlands, which starts June 12.

Clijsters should be rusty coming in. She missed the Fed Cup semifinal against the Czech Republic, which Belgium lost. Then she was forced to skip the Italian Open because of her ankle.

The complex ankle injury—ligaments were stretched on top of a torn ankle joint capsule and tendon sheath—forced her to keep her right ankle immobilized for several days.

Two weeks ago, she resumed full training.

“It has been a while since I played a match, let alone on red clay,” she said. “We will see where it takes me.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ap-frenchopen-clijsters

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
deadchip on 5/16/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#4 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 12:13:50 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1876 time(s) in 1246 post(s)

Dartagnan;307616 wrote:

BRUSSELS (AP)—Kim Clijsters says she’s healthy enough to compete at the French Open.

The Belgian said Monday that she will play with her right ankle taped but added that her shoulder and wrist injuries no longer impede her before the Grand Slam tournament she has yet to win.

“Playing is going wonderful. I am hitting the ball very well and increasingly I am going for it,” she said. “I am not totally without pain, but the strong tape round my ankle gives me sufficient security.”

During a busy early spring schedule, she overexerted her right shoulder and wrist and withdrew from the tour last month. Her problems were compounded when she also injured the ankle while wearing high heels at her cousin’s wedding.

With a slew of late withdrawals, including the Williams sisters, the French is wide open. And Clijsters, the reigning U.S. and Australian Open champion, is confident she can do well.

“The advantage is that I still have the spirit of the past Grand Slam tournaments. If I play well, I can win. Attitude is very important, even though the situation is physically very different,” she said.

The grass of Wimbledon suits her game better and she has already signed up to compete in a warmup tournament in the Netherlands, which starts June 12.

Clijsters should be rusty coming in. She missed the Fed Cup semifinal against the Czech Republic, which Belgium lost. Then she was forced to skip the Italian Open because of her ankle.

The complex ankle injury—ligaments were stretched on top of a torn ankle joint capsule and tendon sheath—forced her to keep her right ankle immobilized for several days.

“It has been a while since I played a match, let alone on red clay,” she said. “We will see where it takes me.”

So, TIGER, what do you think? lol :vibrate:

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
deadchip
#6 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 2:57:22 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
On y va Maria!!! Je sais que tu gagneras Roland Garros! Allez!!!!!
Wow my written French is very rusty! When does the draw come out?
Masha is my #1!!
paul_pipkin
#7 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 3:08:20 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

deadchip;307621 wrote:
On y va Maria!!! Je sais que tu gagneras Roland Garros! Allez!!!!!
Wow my written French is very rusty! When does the draw come out?

Draws / Womens' Singles

Women's Singles will be available starting Friday, May 20.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/draws/ws/index.html 

Imnumber2
#8 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 3:49:30 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

marseille132@hotmail.com;307608 wrote:

On attent avec impatience Maria pour sa plus belle quinzaine a Rolland Garros et que elle s'en sort victorieuse ! j'y crois d'un fan pour la vie ! bisous Maria 

oué, une meilleure confiance c'est certain!!! et tant mieux pour le tennis en général!!! et tant mieux pour nous !!

Bonne chance Maria!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
tgj92
#9 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 4:06:18 PM(UTC)
tgj92

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)

So many French speaking fans, wish i listened more in High School 

Brebis
#5 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 4:15:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

paul_pipkin;307618 wrote:

Dartagnan;307616 wrote:

So, TIGER, what do you think? lol :vibrate:

I think all players should be afraid of Kim. Kim is clever, all she plays for are the  Grand Slams. She had her rest in the last couple of months, was able to practise well, hates travelling but Paris is around the corner so that helps, has nothing to loose so the player to beat is Kim. Watch out for this girl, danger number 1 !!!!!!!

tgj92
#11 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 4:39:52 PM(UTC)
tgj92

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Saw these on that tennisforum site and they made me smile :D

Allezzzz Mariaaaa :D

1 user thanked tgj92 for this useful post.
katmilr on 5/21/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#12 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 5:46:54 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Yes we should not forget that it is more difficult to win a Grand Slam than any other trophy. Any opponent can be dangerous at Roland Garros 2011. You never have to underestimate your opponents.
We should also remember that each tournament is different.
We have a hope but we have to work hard to realize it.

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#13 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 11:18:25 PM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

With Sharapova not defending her title at Strasbourg, how many points is she going to lose? Is there a possibility that she'll switch spot with Stosur?

shrapilova
#14 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 11:54:22 PM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Sharapova not looking to make friends on tour
Ticker - Monday, May 16, 2011

Maria Sharapova says she doesn’t try and spend time making friends on tour. Sharapova, who just won Rome, will travel to Paris with her fiancée Sasha Vujacic, her coach Thomas Hogstedt, her physical therapist Juan Reque and her hitting partner Cecil Mamiit. Sharapova’s mother Yelena, who traveled with her for the first time to Indian Wells and Miami this year, will not be going to Europe. Her father Yuri, who still occasionally coaches her at home, will not be traveling with her either.

"It's tough to have really good friends on the tour," she said. "I find it difficult to be having dinner with someone one night and then having to play them two days later because it is at the end of the day an individual sport and we are all very competitive. It's typical in sport to try to beat each other. You know we are not on a team and as far as really close friends goes, I have my family who come with me on the road. I don't hang around in the locker room—it's my least favorite place in the world. I do my job at the site, I play matches do what I have to do and live my world away from the site and don't talk tennis all day. It's not in my best interests."

Tennis.com
paul_pipkin
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:44:32 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

shrapilova;307633 wrote:
Sharapova not looking to make friends on tour Ticker - Monday, May 16, 2011 Maria Sharapova says she doesn’t try and spend time making friends on tour. Sharapova, who just won Rome, will travel to Paris with her fiancée Sasha Vujacic, her coach Thomas Hogstedt, her physical therapist Juan Reque and her hitting partner Cecil Mamiit. Sharapova’s mother Yelena, who traveled with her for the first time to Indian Wells and Miami this year, will not be going to Europe. Her father Yuri, who still occasionally coaches her at home, will not be traveling with her either. "It's tough to have really good friends on the tour," she said. "I find it difficult to be having dinner with someone one night and then having to play them two days later because it is at the end of the day an individual sport and we are all very competitive. It's typical in sport to try to beat each other. You know we are not on a team and as far as really close friends goes, I have my family who come with me on the road. I don't hang around in the locker room—it's my least favorite place in the world. I do my job at the site, I play matches do what I have to do and live my world away from the site and don't talk tennis all day. It's not in my best interests." Tennis.com

Thanx, shrapi. Yeah, it's major-time and expect trash-talk like we ain't heard in months! Is the gist of that item a huge duh or what? 

Except for the intel on the entoutage &  this: Did anyone see or hear ANYTHING about Yelena with her at IW or Miami AT THE TIME? 

I sure as hell did NOT. 

UPDATE: Ana Ivanovic withdrew from Strasbourg before her first match today. Dunno why. 

deadchip
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:12:04 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)

tgj92;307624 wrote:

So many French speaking fans, wish i listened more in High School 

Don't we all

Masha is my #1!!
Brebis
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:52:45 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

paul_pipkin;307636 wrote:

shrapilova;307633 wrote:
Sharapova not looking to make friends on tour Ticker - Monday, May 16, 2011 Maria Sharapova says she doesn’t try and spend time making friends on tour. Sharapova, who just won Rome, will travel to Paris with her fiancée Sasha Vujacic, her coach Thomas Hogstedt, her physical therapist Juan Reque and her hitting partner Cecil Mamiit. Sharapova’s mother Yelena, who traveled with her for the first time to Indian Wells and Miami this year, will not be going to Europe. Her father Yuri, who still occasionally coaches her at home, will not be traveling with her either. "It's tough to have really good friends on the tour," she said. "I find it difficult to be having dinner with someone one night and then having to play them two days later because it is at the end of the day an individual sport and we are all very competitive. It's typical in sport to try to beat each other. You know we are not on a team and as far as really close friends goes, I have my family who come with me on the road. I don't hang around in the locker room—it's my least favorite place in the world. I do my job at the site, I play matches do what I have to do and live my world away from the site and don't talk tennis all day. It's not in my best interests." Tennis.com

Thanx, shrapi. Yeah, it's major-time and expect trash-talk like we ain't heard in months! Is the gist of that item a huge duh or what? 

Except for the intel on the entoutage &  this: Did anyone see or hear ANYTHING about Yelena with her at IW or Miami AT THE TIME? 

I sure as hell did NOT. 

UPDATE: Ana Ivanovic withdrew from Strasbourg before her first match today. Dunno why. 

Ana has a left hand wrist injury !

2 users thanked Brebis for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/17/2011(UTC), deadchip on 5/17/2011(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:27:46 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Sad to say that a lot of people on net are bashing about Maria's title in Rome. Funny thqat they are giving lots of reason regarding the win.

x. Sharapova got lucky in the quarterfinals, Azarenka retired at that match. It was supposed to be Azarenka's title.

x. Wozniacki was "not playing her best" during their semi final bout. No wonder Maria won it.

x. Stosur was sick during their final match. If she wasn't sick, it would be a different story.

Just really hate those "haters" thingy.

Anyway, can't wait for the draw to come out. The harder the draw, the better Sharapova play. :D

1 user thanked clyde_aya@yahoo.com for this useful post.
shyra asis on 5/18/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:18:38 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Surely this doesn't surprise you, Yvonne? ;) I mean, it's not like the haters had changed their religion or anything. lol But hey, reaching to diminish three back-to-back wins against top opponents is a bit much for any rational eye. 

Nonetheless, it's gonna be all the same crap you've heard before because the motives don't have to do with tennis--the motives are political, and they always were.

2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
shyra asis on 5/18/2011(UTC), Nazar on 5/19/2011(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:43:24 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Of course I'm NOT surprise Paul :). Rather, I find those "news" intimidating. But I'm used to it now. :D

shyra asis
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:07:59 AM(UTC)
shyra asis

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)

clyde_aya@yahoo.com;307654 wrote:

Sad to say that a lot of people on net are bashing about Maria's title in Rome. Funny thqat they are giving lots of reason regarding the win.

x. Sharapova got lucky in the quarterfinals, Azarenka retired at that match. It was supposed to be Azarenka's title.

x. Wozniacki was "not playing her best" during their semi final bout. No wonder Maria won it.

x. Stosur was sick during their final match. If she wasn't sick, it would be a different story.

Just really hate those "haters" thingy.

Anyway, can't wait for the draw to come out. The harder the draw, the better Sharapova play. :D

these kinds of comments are expected, as in very much! 

they wouldn't bother writing this kind of comments if they weren't BITTER haters! just as what i posted in the comment box at tennis.com... "don't be a hater, just be fan and enjoy the beautiful game of tennis."

i just hoped they will be strucked by lightning! (kiddiding) but seriously, we have watched what happened in the semi's and finals, Maria was brilliant. no excuses, c'mon! the cross court back hand? was a thing of beauty... they are just bashing cos' obviously they are threatened!!! 

“I think I learn a lot from losses and they make me a lot tougher,”-Maria Sharapova

1 user thanked shyra asis for this useful post.
Nazar on 5/19/2011(UTC)