logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Madrid Open
katmilr
#64 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:21:25 AM(UTC)
katmilr

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Can't stand it when Maria loses to this Midget. Hopefully she can practice more and develop some serious strategies for clay. Come on Claypova, fight back in Roma...please!!
Dartagnan
#63 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:24:04 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shrapilova Go to Quoted Post
What a mess. After a so called " hard training " and nes racket again a knock out from this jumping frog. Don't see chances to win the French Open. She is struggling to much and her game is not convincing. Very dissapointing. Good luck for Rome !!! Hope it will be better.

The racket doesn't make the tennis player. Yes Masha has no chance for the French Open, her result is not convincing. Sometimes she wins a game then she loses another one. She is not constant.

Masha needs more concentration. May be she thinks about something or someone else when she is playing tennis. We notice that she is not concentrated enough on her tennis for a new Victory in a famous tournament.  

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Philli
#65 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:50:00 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
I've told you all so many times, win or lose, when it take her three sets for two or more matches to progress in a tournament, it spells ultimate disaster. This loss was on the wall since the second round.
CROUCHING TIGER
#69 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:50:25 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
Masha win RG? Good one:) LOLOL

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
M-Lover
#66 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 2:53:01 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Today i'm rooting for Gorgeous!!!!! Hope she wins the tourney

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post
I've told you all so many times, win or lose, when it take her three sets for two or more matches to progress in a tournament, it spells ultimate disaster. This loss was on the wall since the second round.

We hear you Phil. Stop saying it again and again pliz.

Brebis
#68 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:02:35 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 218 post(s)

Philli, I thought you had left for an other planet !  Too bad.

Brebis
#70 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:04:44 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 218 post(s)
Disappointing news ! Had hoped with her new coach Maria would do better ! The clay is slowing down her game too much. It is what it is. Let's hope she can do better in beautiful Rome.
paul_pipkin
#71 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 5:03:23 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1882 time(s) in 1251 post(s)

In the Shoutbox for Gorgeous v Princess.  Kader Nouni in chair. Philli, c'mon in.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#67 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 5:51:48 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: M-Lover Go to Quoted Post

Today i'm rooting for Gorgeous!!!!! Hope she wins the tourney

We hear you Phil. Stop saying it again and again pliz.

Görges takes first set from Caro 64!  Came from 13 down. Crowd behind her.

jfconsolo
#72 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:17:03 AM(UTC)

Hang in there Maria. You are a champion and your day will come again.

Don't get discouraged.

paul_pipkin
#73 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:09:21 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Görges 64 16 63 in spite of lingering cold, blister on heel & visible fatigue--she outplays Princess AGAIN! 

M-Lover
#74 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:20:52 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

The German girl makes my day. The first time I watched an entire Gorgeous's match. She really impresses me now.

Here are my thoughts:

Gorgeous is definitely gorgeous. There's no doubt about that.

She played smart, combining various play with powerful ground strokes 

Wozniacki seems exhausted. She's slow and too heavy. She looks like a hippopotamus moving on dry land

It could be Woz's beginning-of-the-end. She just showed her incapacity of leveraging the level.

Anyway this match was between two big-chested players  . Please do not kill me, that's my French side. Woz does have a huge breast, but Gorgeous has the nicest boobs. 

Now you guys can comment.

Philli
#75 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 9:11:43 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Oh M-Lover you naughty boy. Why do you think I came up with the name Gorgeous Görges a couple of months ago. She really is a beauty. Her day will come soon in the Sports Illustrated, mark my words. Wait til the French Open, they will have cameras all over her...they wont miss a bounce. ESPN will spend more time censoring the live coverage than watching the matches, stupid prude Americans...Paul excluded, of course.

Wozzie needs some new Duracells, the bunny is getting tired. Maria, well what can I say. She has the best trainer, the best equipment and the worst fitness level of any top player on the Tour. Who else struggles with qualifiers and very low ranked players like she does? I'm sick of reporters and Eurosport constantly saying that she is still recovering from a shoulder Injury. She's been back on the Tour for 3 seasons now. When are they gonna face the fact that she's 'as good as it gets'. She said in an Interview last year that she cant do more than 10 Tournaments a year. Well Duhhhh, Maria, get your ass out of bed and do some more serious training and less poncing around in front of a camera.

She must be paying Thomas a heck of a lot of money, otherwise he would have quit by now. She is just plain lazy.
paul_pipkin
#77 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 9:19:59 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Aw, you wanna talk Julia's boobs, lemme tell ya...  large, pendulous enough (because they're real) to jiggle! Good butt, too. We don't see enough of it. Masha should pull her in on these Latin American exos where the cameras go right there...

Yeah, it was likely her looks that got me following Görges over the last year while she acquired composure & control over the power game--which seems oddly enough to confound the commentariat now. I'm starting to get that the talking heads really don't watch as much tennis as we do! 

Hey, there's not a thing wrong with appreciating a beautiful body. 

paul_pipkin
#76 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 10:04:29 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Oh M-Lover you naughty boy. Why do you think I came up with the name Gorgeous Görges a couple of months ago. She really is a beauty. Her day will come soon in the Sports Illustrated, mark my words. Wait til the French Open, they will have cameras all over her...they wont miss a bounce. ESPN will spend more time censoring the live coverage than watching the matches, stupid prude Americans...Paul excluded, of course.

Wozzie needs some new Duracells, the bunny is getting tired. Maria, well what can I say. She has the best trainer, the best equipment and the worst fitness level of any top player on the Tour. Who else struggles with qualifiers and very low ranked players like she does? I'm sick of reporters and Eurosport constantly saying that she is still recovering from a shoulder Injury. She's been back on the Tour for 3 seasons now. When are they gonna face the fact that she's 'as good as it gets'. She said in an Interview last year that she cant do more than 10 Tournaments a year. Well Duhhhh, Maria, get your ass out of bed and do some more serious training and less poncing around in front of a camera.

She must be paying Thomas a heck of a lot of money, otherwise he would have quit by now. She is just plain lazy.

There are limits as to how much one can modify a basic phenotype.  Compare Görges & Safina yesterday--you'd think Dinara was way taller, but they are actually the same height. Just totally different frames.

I was watching the Canadian women playing ITF in Florida yesterday. ( http://www.spacecoastsportstv.com/ streaming now.) For whatever reason, their players tend to be little women. Dubois & Fichman are compensating by building up to where they start to look like muscled-up versions of classical nymphs.  I got my doubts how that's gonna work for them. Obviously the sisters Radwanskw have greater success.

My point is: I suspect that Maria's "model" look is something she's stuck with. Fitness, yeah, but you can't turn a greynound into a bulldog. Agility training is more productive than body-building.

paul_pipkin
#78 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 3:48:31 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Davaiii, Union State-girlz!!! :bash: ДАВАЙ РОССЙЯ!!!

Order Of Play MUTUA MADRID OPEN
Friday, May 6, 2011

Manolo Santana (from 11.45hrs CEST)
1. Julia Görges vs. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova QUARTERFINAL top half
2. Victoria Azarenka vs. Lucie Safarova QUARTERFINAL top half

Arantxa Sánchez-Vicario (from 13.30hrs)
1. ATP: Berdych vs. Bellucci
2. Li Na vs. Bethanie Mattek-Sands (NB 16.00hrs CEST) QUARTERFINAL bottom half
3. Dominika Cibulkova vs. Petra Kvitova (NB 18.00hrs CEST) QUARTERFINAL bottom half

Stadium 3 (from 12.00hrs CEST)
1. ATP: Moodie/Norman vs. Cilic/Ljubicic
2. Dellacqua/Stubbs vs. Peschke/Srebotnik SEMIFINAL
3. ATP: Bryan/Bryan vs. Fyrstenberg/Matkowski
4. Azarenka/Kirilenko vs. King/Shvedova (after suitable rest) SEMIFINAL
5. ATP: Bopanna/Qureshi vs. Isner/Querrey

Note how Madrid's designer draw obliges Russians other Russians to self-eliminate at every level--in singlesdoubles, and even in the qualies:arg: Ion Tiriac should be ashamed to allow this scam to take place at his tournament.

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#79 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 9:55:38 PM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Well, I was disappointed, but this was her first match since Miami. She should be able to play well in Rome. :D

Wasn't able to watch the match since I had tournaments to attend to myself :)

Anyway, regarding with her serve, I am actually pleased with it. Her motion was the same with her 2006 serve, but the take back is a bit different.

Wish her good luck in ROME!

emmyclaire
#58 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 8:09:54 AM(UTC)
emmyclaire

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br Go to Quoted Post

yeah so sad that Maria's run in Madrid had and end, she was down 0-4 in the second set and equlized it in 4-4, I thought she would comeback but unfortunately she didn't. At least she moved to Number 8 in the ranking. Let's see what will happem in Rome next week!

I prefer that Victoria or Caroline win the tournament now that Maria is out, they are the other girls that I like. And you, who will you support now?

After the loss of Maria I'm supporting Gorges.  I'm glad she demolished Caroline two in a row. She knows how to be a consistent player plays the game inteligently not just hit the ball

MANUEL
1 user thanked emmyclaire for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/6/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#59 Posted : Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:57:31 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: emmyclaire Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br Go to Quoted Post

yeah so sad that Maria's run in Madrid had and end, she was down 0-4 in the second set and equlized it in 4-4, I thought she would comeback but unfortunately she didn't. At least she moved to Number 8 in the ranking. Let's see what will happem in Rome next week!

I prefer that Victoria or Caroline win the tournament now that Maria is out, they are the other girls that I like. And you, who will you support now?

After the loss of Maria I'm supporting Gorges.  I'm glad she demolished Caroline two in a row. She knows how to be a consistent player plays the game inteligently not just hit the ball

Julia & Vika warming up. Eurosport will go to Madrid in a second. 

Bookmakers have Vika two to one. She takes first set 64.

Vika 64 62 in 1:17. Vika to the Final.  The creeping fatigue caught up with Görges today, but she is still the real deal. Expect more from her soon.

Vika & Kiri will play the doubles final this afternoon. Davai! 

I'm in the Shoutbox. 

paul_pipkin
#80 Posted : Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:46:03 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

AZARENKA & KIRILENKO DOUBLES CHAMPIONS OF MADRID! 64 63 in an hour & a half.

Should be outta stadium by midnight.

MOLODYETS! 

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 5/7/2011(UTC)