logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<2526272829>
SE Champs Miami - A New Hope
s teddy
#522 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:00:10 AM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I'll be listening carefully to the commentary, Paul.

deadchip
#523 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:03:46 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
9:00 AM here, just sipping my first cup of tea!!!! Just 30 minutes to go now!! Hopefully you enjoy your buzz Giane with a Masha victory!
GO MARIA!!!!
Masha is my #1!!
paul_pipkin
#524 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:10:13 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

ДАВАЙ !!! 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
DavaiMashenka
#525 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:18:17 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Enjoying the build up on EuroSport... might consider counting the grunts per game that the 2 of them manage.
paul_pipkin
#526 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:29:27 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: DavaiMashenka Go to Quoted Post
Enjoying the build up on EuroSport... might consider counting the grunts per game that the 2 of them manage.

shreik, woooooooo, shriek, wooooo. shriek..... lol

saloabad
#527 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 1:51:18 PM(UTC)
saloabad

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

OH SHIT!!!!!  Maria!!!!!!!! gosh I almost broke my hand, my wall and my computer, bad idea having breakable stuff around when Maria is playing! I really don't now what's going on...anyway she still did a good secoon set and on top of all Maria is just Maria so I love her regardless of almost suffering 20 thousand heart attacks

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#528 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:00:44 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)

Well, it goes without saying that I'm sad about the result, but at the same time I must reconigze that Victoria was the best player today, she was more solid and consistent than Maria, I mean she had less unforced errors. Maria tried to fight back in the 2nd set, for some minutes I thought she would and the match could go to a 3rd one. But, a DF gave the 5-3 lead for Victoria, Maria got 4-5, but again Victoria was solid and didn't give Maria chances to equalize the match. Congrats to Victoria, she was the best player today, even Maria said that during the trophies ceremony. At least Maria is back to the top 10, what makes me really proud of her!

Now the next tournament in Charleston, the beginning of the clay courts season, wish the best for Maria there!

Let's see what will happen!

Philli
#529 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:00:52 PM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Before you all start asking all the silly questions about 'why could this happen, she was playing so well, blah blah blah', just take a glance of the rankings of the other players that they beat to get to the Final. You will find your answer there.

Next question is...will she do a third Back to Back and play Charleston next week, or will her ankle suddenly swell up and she will cancel, in which case she will only do that exhibition game in the Bahamas with Dulko and then nothing else until Madrid.
Brebis
#531 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:02:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 217 post(s)

Let me start by saying that Victoria played OUTSTANDING tennis. Even the hardest serve of Maria was hit back very well. Played very strong and had also luck with some net balls. Maria's serve is getting stronger and stronger and has improved a lot . Against others she could have won but Victoria was from an other planet today. Maria's confidence is strong now and she is back on top level. Let's wish her good luck for the clay court season and with support of Sasha this time !! If anyone is able to publish the ceremony ,that would be great as Eurosport stopped right after the match.

Brebis
#530 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:03:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 217 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post
Before you all start asking all the silly questions about 'why could this happen, she was playing so well, blah blah blah', just take a glance of the rankings of the other players that they beat to get to the Final. You will find your answer there.

Next question is...will she do a third Back to Back and play Charleston next week, or will her ankle suddenly swell up and she will cancel, in which case she will only do that exhibition game in the Bahamas with Dulko and then nothing else until Madrid.
BLA BLA BLA BLA !!

saloabad
#533 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:10:58 PM(UTC)
saloabad

well Azarenka did play better obviously but Maria did gave her the game pretty much. Maria had control of a lot of points and didn't complete them, at the end if the day things are what they are but Maria is still a top world player...she just has to go back to the time when she had control over points she could win easily. I hope she does not cancels Charlestone.
1 user thanked saloabad for this useful post.
Amalia G-Maria S on 4/2/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#534 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:13:42 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Well, Philli, we had to notice here in the States that two & a half hours of CBS commentary carried NOT ONE WORD about Maria's ankle.  Aw-hunh.

But that's neither here nor there in the actual world. Like most here, I'm not terribly exercised about this loss. Masha is re-established as a top contender.

Work to be done: I say again, the CONTROL issue--if you jot down all the DFs, UEs including long balls, net balls & wayward returns, you'll find there is a PATTERN of linkage with the DFS. Not as distinct as last year, so it's clear theyh are working on this. The upside is she hasn't become timid about going for the lines. Continued progress added to her greatly IMPROVED MOVEMENT on court will yield the desired results this year.

Congrats to Vika Brebis is quite correct. More shortly, with some thoughts on the political-promotional aspects.

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#535 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:19:18 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

I was watching at eurosports too, but after the match I'd changed the streaming to other channel to watch the ceremony. Victoria said that she had to keep her solid because she knew that Maria would fight to comeback. And Maria recognized that Victoria was the best player today and deserved to be the champion.

saloabad
#538 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:22:02 PM(UTC)
saloabad

By the way, I hate Mary Joe Fernandez...all her comments are rude even, plus she is just plain annoyins sometimes
Amalia G-Maria S
#541 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:25:56 PM(UTC)
Amalia G-Maria S

=(it's a pity
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#542 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:28:29 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

the BBC report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sp...2/hi/tennis/12947169.stm

Azarenka, 21, has now won six WTA titles and will equal her career-best of sixth in the rankings next week.

"I played really well in the first set but Maria is a great fighter and I had to really hang in there at the end," said Azarenka.

Sharapova, 23, is without a title since last May and has now lost three times in the Miami final.

"It's obviously very disappointing given the other finals here as well but she was definitely the better player today and she has had a great tournament," said the former world number one, who made 43 unforced errors.

saloabad
#536 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:30:58 PM(UTC)
saloabad

Originally Posted by: liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br Go to Quoted Post

I was watching at eurosports too, but after the match I'd changed the streaming to other channel to watch the ceremony. Victoria said that she had to keep her solid because she knew that Maria would fight to comeback. And Maria recognized that Victoria was the best player today and deserved to be the champion.

That what makes Maria such a true champion, she does recognise when somebody plays better and that's prety big of her...I wonder why other players find that so hard to do...example Serena

Dartagnan
#543 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:32:13 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Yes just after the easy victory of Vika against Vera; we noticed that Victoria was ready for a strong battle at the final. Masha would have been ready for that. Any way Masha did her best. This time she was not the best.

Good luck to Masha for future tournaments. Little by little Masha will reach the top of the WTA ranking.

If she has Willpower, she will reach the top very soon. The more important point is the fact that she is concentrated on her tennis. I don't think that Sasha or a magician will help her. Concentration and work will pay very soon.
Masha has every thing in her life.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#537 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:35:30 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br Go to Quoted Post

Absolutely. Compatriots of the Union State of Russia & Belarus will be sure to respect one another.

The most interesting tidbit along those lines today: I was a tad curious when Mary Carillo (political sports-talk comissar joined at the hip to Bob Costas) related Vika's "coming to America" story more or less accurately -- leaving out the timeframes, of course.

Then I figured it out when Bill MacAtee told me something I hadn't known: "She's been spending more time back in Minsk lately..."

L-O-f'n-L!  No way MacAtee even mentioned that unless it's a LOT more time! Something has changed that'll blow their "Arizona Vicki" tale outta the water. They can't get overly invested in her.

Fascinating how this stuff works.

paul_pipkin
#539 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:41:36 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: saloabad Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I hate Mary Joe Fernandez...all her comments are rude even, plus she is just plain annoyins sometimes

Long ago, I labeled MJF, Mary Carillo, & Pammie Schriver the Three Witches of ESPN2. You think MJF is bad, you should have heard Carillo a few years back. Thru '06 & '07, every word outta herf mouth about Masha utterly dripped hatred Since she did the Olympiad with Bob Costas in '08, Carillo has become more of a political heavyweight & has to watch herself.

Actually, the worst venom now is from Pammie, who CBS thankfully spared us today.