logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<2021222324>
BNP Paribas, INDIAN WELLS, Mar 9-20 2011
Linsted
#424 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 11:46:19 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

carla_644_1;305491 wrote:
true she got inte semis, but she has to beat top10 in order to have a full comeback!

let's be realistic here : Duracell Bunny did not beat Masha today. Maria beat herself up. NO doubt about that.

Dont worry if Masha keeps improving she will beat Caro very soon. Still i think Masha can beat top 10 players at this point.. and here i mention just Stosur, schiavone, radvanska and even Azarenka and Zvonareva are for grabs.... so let's hope for better to come.

see you all in Miami

Masha Queen of tennis

1 user thanked Linsted for this useful post.
carla_644_1 on 3/18/2011(UTC)
giane
#425 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 11:48:41 PM(UTC)
giane

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
yeah.. yeah.. and hope she will do it real soon.. Dfs were still there.
^oopsss, see your inbox
Philli
#426 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 11:48:47 PM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Can you believe I got up at 4am here in Germany to watch this. But it went just as I expected it. Yesterdays three setter burned her out and it was her 5th match this week. That's over her limit. I've said it all along, she has nowhere near the fitness required to maintain a consistent performance. In between all the unforced errors and double faults there was a bit of good tennis...but only a bit. She looked exhaused from halfway through the first set. Caroline hardly broke into a sweat. She has a long way to go to get back to real fitness, this silly attitiude of maintaining a fashion model's skinny body doesn't leave her with any power reserves at all. Oh well, I've said my piece. It's always the same...I told you so.
shrapilova
#427 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 11:53:01 PM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Caro had an easy game with her.

Lousy performance of Maria, shamefull. A disaster.

Painfull to watch.

Can only agree to Your words Philli.

paul_pipkin
#428 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 11:56:16 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Commentators now notice there is a relationship between the DFs & the groundstroke errors. I noticed that some months ago--but I think Thomas has been working on that. Back then, there was a virtual cadence. I could almost predict when a given sequence of DF, wide, net ball, etc would go down. Now, it's not as clear-cut.

FYI: Contrary to what Eurosport seems to think, Kim IS IN Miami & will play. She will give it a try, but the shouldedr remains problematic.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
carla_644_1 on 3/18/2011(UTC), giane on 3/19/2011(UTC)
carla_644_1
#429 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 11:58:00 PM(UTC)
carla_644_1

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
the true was that her serve is still as I was afraid to be, bad, a lot of double faults, she had good moments of tennis but that's totally normal in an experience player as she is. She battle the way she allways does, but what you're saying is true she beat her self up! we can't cover that.
Now she has to prepare for miami, and it will be hard, as she had a long time without playing a lot of tournaments in just few weeks, she will be tired. But let's hope for the best, and as Mcenroe said: she has the ability and the strenght to make a full comeback.
carla_644_1
#430 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 11:59:30 PM(UTC)
carla_644_1

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Kim posted on twitter that she is better and she will be in Miami...
2 users thanked carla_644_1 for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 3/19/2011(UTC), Linsted on 3/19/2011(UTC)
ShelbyK
#431 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:07:28 AM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Really hoping Maria plays in Miami.

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#432 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:10:40 AM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Unfortunately Maria didn't play consistenly today, 41 unforced errors is too much, against Caroline Wozniacki it is even worse. Caroline is so consistent and don't give so much points for her opponents. Maria didn't serve well and gave Caroline so many points. Caroline kept herself moving all around the court so well, hitting so many balls and having just few unforced errors. Consistency was the key for this match and Caroline was more efficient and deservedly won the match.

Maria has to keep working for the next tournaments. Hope she can do well in Miami next week. She has to reduce the amount of unforced errors and improve the serve. She did it until the quarter-final match, but today she didn't.

Now in the IW final I will support Caroline, I prefer her than Bartoli.
Dartagnan
#433 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:21:19 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
From the results of the last match of Masha, I can say that Masha prefered to keep her strength. There was not real battle in this match. So the battle will be for another match. Masha offered Caro the victory.

Caro should thank Masha.
"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

dellaware smith
#434 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:56:11 AM(UTC)

Sharapova,

I just saw your game in Indian Wells a few minutes ago and You played well, despite having lost. The result per se does not matter, what matter is that you need to recognize that you need a NEW COACH or some additional coaching orientation in addition to your current coaching. He may be a very well intentioned guy and trying to do his best. But believe me, based on your technical and physical potential the type and strategy of game he is applying and instructing you to use on the court will not give you Sharapova the top results you are looking for. Just get to quarter or semi final for you is not enough, again you have potential to be back to the top. I do coach tennis, if you or some representative of you wants to contact me we can talk and sit and get started with a preliminary session so that you can see what I am talking about. I do NOT need a job, actually I would NOT be able to follow you on the tour BUT I could provide you with specific technical oreintation that you can put in place with your current or other tour/travel coach. Contact me dellawaresmith@yahoo.com. Thanks. Dellaware.

Philli
#436 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 2:12:19 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Maria's comment after the match: “She played solid and I was really flat,” she said. “Didn't take care of the short balls when I had the chance and let her get back in the points, and that's something I said was going to be important yesterday. I didn't execute that and just rushed my shots a lot today, I think. I just didn't have a spark. There’s not a lot of energy from my side.”

Burnout syndrome again.
Linsted
#435 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 2:15:54 AM(UTC)

dellaware smith;305506 wrote:

Sharapova,

I just saw your game in Indian Wells a few minutes ago and You played well, despite having lost. The result per se does not matter, what matter is that you need to recognize that you need a NEW COACH or some additional coaching orientation in addition to your current coaching. He may be a very well intentioned guy and trying to do his best. But believe me, based on your technical and physical potential the type and strategy of game he is applying and instructing you to use on the court will not give you Sharapova the top results you are looking for. Just get to quarter or semi final for you is not enough, again you have potential to be back to the top. I do coach tennis, if you or some representative of you wants to contact me we can talk and sit and get started with a preliminary session so that you can see what I am talking about. I do NOT need a job, actually I would NOT be able to follow you on the tour BUT I could provide you with specific technical oreintation that you can put in place with your current or other tour/travel coach. Contact me dellawaresmith@yahoo.com. Thanks. Dellaware.

dude she just got a new coach as a matter of fact ... she is coached as of Jan 2011 by Thomas Hogsted and not Michael Joyce as beofre ....

where have u been all this time!!!!! 

Linsted
#437 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 2:23:35 AM(UTC)

Philli;305507 wrote:
Maria's comment after the match: “She played solid and I was really flat,” she said. “Didn't take care of the short balls when I had the chance and let her get back in the points, and that's something I said was going to be important yesterday. I didn't execute that and just rushed my shots a lot today, I think. I just didn't have a spark. There’s not a lot of energy from my side.”

Burnout syndrome again.

not necessary Bunrout syndrom .. cuz as i watched the match .. fitness wise she was looking well .. i mean she got to balls that before were not for grabs to her .... but to be honest every player will say that they fell tired after a week of playing and mostly after comming out of a match with Duracell Bunny. 

Still i keep my point of view : Caroline did not win the match ... Maria beat herself up! ... but what i think is important to look at is that Maria looks better than  before.. .. Last year she was losing the match not by beatign herself up but by getting beaten by the opposition...now not anymore!!  so this means she improved and from here on it depends on her wether she improves or not. Also i think Thomas brought something fresh in her game.

Anyhow good luck for Miami .. she will play there .. announced it on ESPN ...

And lets cheer a little bit guys  ( expecially u Philli) our Masha is back in top 10  :)

See u all in Miami 

saggittarian
#438 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 3:12:31 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

I am so glad I didn't watch the match Live. Now I don't think I can bear to watch the highlights. It will be too painful. These days when Maria lost it seemed that she gave the sets away rather than her opponent winning them. I am happy for her that she will be back in the top 10. That will be a great boost to her confidence. But she will have to keep playing matches and have good runs to at least maintain that ranking. I would like to see her in the top 5 obviously but for now to maintain the no.10 spot will be a job for Maria.

Maria admitted her play was flat. Only Maria herself knows why she played so badly. I bet not even her coach. She could have been tired as some said, she could have had emotional and personal crisis that drained her of energy and contributed to her lack of concentration. Who knows! Only she does. On that note, she lost to the no1. player in the world so it is not THAT bad.

Well done, Maria, in this tournament and hope you do just as well or better in Miami next week.

liliu - I can't see Bartoli beating Wozy.

Linsted
#441 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 3:44:44 AM(UTC)

Maria will play Miami(confirmed on ESPN Sports Center)
Sharapova was already looking forward to Miami next week. "It's great to go and play again next week. I haven't played in Miami in many years. It'll be nice. I would have liked to go farther here, but I have another one next week".

As of seeding Masha will be #10 seed .. so we hope for a good draw :)

See u all in Miami

Maria Sharapova Queen of Tennis
sunstreet
#442 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:31:04 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I didn´t watch the match, since eurosport 1 is not sending it at all, i propably never will. I think my assignment for the next couple of weeks will be to ignore wozzys big mouth. But that´s my problem.

I choose to look at this from at positive perspective. Maria went deep into the draw of this tournament,for what i´ve seen so far her game plan is improving. The overall performance is improving, there´s more edge to her groundstrokes, and she´s getting way closer to penetrating the lines than the last months. Like she did "back in the old days" ;-) That´s great. It´s obvious to see that this improvement comes from good solid hard work from Maria and some good help from a new coach. Great to see Thomas stand up and cheer for her in the match against Peng, last time i saw that i think it was Yuri who did that. Noone would have loved to kick wozzys but more than Maria, that didn´t happen, but she will do it sometime this year.
I´m looking forward to next weeks tournament in Miami, and hope she will get just as good a result there, as she got here,- maybe even better, Maria deserves that. Great to see everything is coming together, so let´s look forward, Maria will make i happen.

And congratulations with moving up into the rankings, Maria. Great going!!
Have a great week -end everyon.

emmyclaire
#444 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:42:52 AM(UTC)
emmyclaire

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Sorry to say this but I really didn't expected her to win.  She was tired and those DF's has to go. Caroline doesn't give any chances you have to be really smart and aggresive.  You have to be consistance in your shots.  Hope she will do better in Miami.

MANUEL
giane
#445 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 6:18:12 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
just noticed.. Masha and Bartoli have the same outfit.. geez :s
Brebis
#443 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 6:40:50 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

sunstreet;305513 wrote:
I didn´t watch the match, since eurosport 1 is not sending it at all, i propably never will. I think my assignment for the next couple of weeks will be to ignore wozzys big mouth. But that´s my problem.

I choose to look at this from at positive perspective. Maria went deep into the draw of this tournament,for what i´ve seen so far her game plan is improving. The overall performance is improving, there´s more edge to her groundstrokes, and she´s getting way closer to penetrating the lines than the last months. Like she did "back in the old days" ;-) That´s great. It´s obvious to see that this improvement comes from good solid hard work from Maria and some good help from a new coach. Great to see Thomas stand up and cheer for her in the match against Peng, last time i saw that i think it was Yuri who did that. Noone would have loved to kick wozzys but more than Maria, that didn´t happen, but she will do it sometime this year.
I´m looking forward to next weeks tournament in Miami, and hope she will get just as good a result there, as she got here,- maybe even better, Maria deserves that. Great to see everything is coming together, so let´s look forward, Maria will make i happen.

And congratulations with moving up into the rankings, Maria. Great going!!
Have a great week -end everyon.

Fully agree with you ! Let's hope Maria is not together with Caroline in the same part of the draw next week !   If she plays like this week next week then she can reach last 8 , last 4 and will move up in the rankings again !