logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Who will win Indian Wells?
paul_pipkin
#33 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 8:23:47 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

saggittarian;304720 wrote:

Maria is capable of beating anyone and winning this tournament. If ONLY she can get her first serves in and throw in a few aces. The last few matches before she got the flu her service let her down at crucial points. I believe Maria CAN do it. I can't wait to watch her play some matches again. Shame she didn't play in the last three tournaments she signed for. Would have been great practice for her.

Her first match is on Sunday 13th at 19:05

Early Sunday morning in Europe; tomorrow--Saturday evening in the States:

2011 BNP PARIBAS OPEN ORDER OF PLAY

Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Indian Wells, California

ORDER OF PLAY - SATURDAY, MARCH 12, 2011

STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am (19:00 GMT)

D Safina (RUS) vs [26] D Hantuchova (SVK) - WTA

J Del Potro (ARG) vs [14] I Ljubicic (CRO) - ATP

[1] C Wozniacki (DEN) vs [WC] S Stephens (USA) - WTA

[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs [Q] R de Voest (RSA) - ATP

Not Before 7:00 PM (03:00 Sunday GMT)

A Medina Garrigues (ESP) vs [16] M Sharapova (RUS) - WTA

Not Before 8:30 PM

[4] R Soderling (SWE) vs M Berrer (GER) - ATP

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
yatziri on 3/11/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#34 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 10:41:05 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
I guess Masha's fans want her to gamble frienziedly and win all the matches.

It is possible, she has already showed it in the past.

I really want her to repeat her performance.

Maria Sharapova should be number one. It is her real place.

Let's watch her at Indian Well.
"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Philli
#35 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:56:38 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Dartagnan, Please. This is supposed to be a forum for people who can make intelligent contributions...'Maria Sharapova should be number one. It is her real place.' Really, that is the dumbest thing I've ever read on here. She got to Number One by accident all three times and was never able to defend the position....EVER, so dont talk rubbish.
saggittarian
#36 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:27:32 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Oops! You are right, Paul.  Maria plays tonight California time.

Give us a break, Philli........please......Are we supposed to take you seriously or is this another one of your jokes that Paul keeps defending you about. For starters, she didn't get to number one by accident. She fought hard to beat Serena at Wimbledon. She struggled to defend her position because of her shoulder injury.

Philli
#37 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:52:52 AM(UTC)
Philli

Here we go again...still making excuses 3 years after she returned to Tennis . (season 2009, 2010, and now 11). Her shoulder is fine...she keeps telling everybody.
But, I've said all along, you can never believe a word she says anyway. She was saying it was fine all through 2007 and 8, right up to the moment of the injury, then she admitted it had been giving her pain day and night for two years. Point is, it's not good for publicity to admit she is still injured or afraid to use it to it's full potential...Her Sponsors might start worrying about their investment and pull out. So, we have to put up with mediocre tennis from her just so she can keep them happy.
She will never return to the form that she had in 2004/5 and 6. Back then she was hungry and greedy for success and money. She got both.

Twice, so far this year, she has said at interviews that she doesn't have to prove anything anymore...she's been Number One and has won 3 Grand Slams. To that, I can only say...She does have something to prove....namely...That she can do it AGAIN.
1 user thanked Philli for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 3/12/2011(UTC)
Imnumber2
#40 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 8:28:12 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Yes, she has challenges ahead of her and she needs to prove that she can be in the TOP 5 again but she needs to work harder and needs to spent more time working with her new coach.
Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
paul_pipkin
#38 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 9:03:53 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Philli;304754 wrote:

She will never return to the form that she had in 2004/5 and 6. Back then she was hungry and greedy for success and money. She got both.

Twice, so far this year, she has said at interviews that she doesn't have to prove anything anymore...she's been Number One and has won 3 Grand Slams. To that, I can only say...She does have something to prove....namely...That she can do it AGAIN.

That's like saying she'll never be 16-18 years old again. Well, duh. She's gotta approach it differently.

Oh, I do believe there's something to prove--in London next year. Everything between now & then is preparation, just like Lenochka did it. 

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 3/12/2011(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#39 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 9:37:29 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

Philli;304754 wrote:
Here we go again...still making excuses 3 years after she returned to Tennis . (season 2009, 2010, and now 11). Her shoulder is fine...she keeps telling everybody.
But, I've said all along, you can never believe a word she says anyway. She was saying it was fine all through 2007 and 8, right up to the moment of the injury, then she admitted it had been giving her pain day and night for two years. Point is, it's not good for publicity to admit she is still injured or afraid to use it to it's full potential...Her Sponsors might start worrying about their investment and pull out. So, we have to put up with mediocre tennis from her just so she can keep them happy.

Now, it's not all bull as some say here. Philli certainly has some points and she has the right to speak up as anybody else here...that's what a forum is all about. Let's just see Masha play and then we'll see how she does. Some ppl judge TOO fast!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Philli
#41 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:20:28 AM(UTC)
Philli

JJ thrashed the arse off American Coco Vandeweghe. She said all she had to do was wait for Coco to return the ball then hammer it by her.
Coco Said: "I'm definitely a little bit more accustomed to getting more free points off my serve." The 19-year-old said. "Some of the shots that she'd get back, sometimes I thought: 'Hey, that's a winner.'

Hehehehehe. Doesn't that sound familiar? Dont we know another player who thinks like that?
paul_pipkin
#42 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:24:19 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Actually, there are more than a few I see standing there watching returns go by. lol

CROUCHING TIGER
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:40:43 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Expected a "Russian match" but it was a "Masha Match". One of her best if indeed Dinara went all the way...?

Masha is indeed a "possible" winner here!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD