logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Lets Blog!!!!
Siiri
#73 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:04:45 AM(UTC)
Siiri

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
you´re so annoying... :roll:
Siiri
#78 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:04:45 AM(UTC)
Siiri

Siiri
#83 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:04:45 AM(UTC)
Siiri

Siiri
#84 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:48:27 AM(UTC)
Siiri

You´rewelcome
Siiri
#79 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:48:27 AM(UTC)
Siiri

You´rewelcome
Siiri
#74 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:48:27 AM(UTC)
Siiri

You´rewelcome
scottish
#66 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:55:54 PM(UTC)
scottish

Yes exactly!!! :wink: So she beat the world number 3, the world number 1 and then actually acquitted herself quite well in the final i thought, all that was just fluke was it??? :lol: You really are loathed to admit that there may actually be some depth now deveoping in women's tennis, because that would mean you'd have to shut up about all your \"women's tennis is rubbish compared to mens etc\" bull!!!! :wink:
scottish
#51 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:55:54 PM(UTC)
scottish

Yes exactly!!! :wink: So she beat the world number 3, the world number 1 and then actually acquitted herself quite well in the final i thought, all that was just fluke was it??? :lol: You really are loathed to admit that there may actually be some depth now deveoping in women's tennis, because that would mean you'd have to shut up about all your \"women's tennis is rubbish compared to mens etc\" bull!!!! :wink:
scottish
#41 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:55:54 PM(UTC)
scottish

MyMaria
#22 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 7:57:45 PM(UTC)
MyMaria

yeah I gotta work Saturday and Sunday at 7 AM. yippee!!

at least when I get home tomorrow I'll be able to start reading the new Harry Potter book! so I guess this is a good weekend to work, because even if I had a chance to hang out with my friends or go to a party, I probably wouldn't anyway! hahaha
MyMaria
#26 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 7:57:45 PM(UTC)
MyMaria

at least when I get home tomorrow I'll be able to start reading the new Harry Potter book! so I guess this is a good weekend to work, because even if I had a chance to hang out with my friends or go to a party, I probably wouldn't anyway! hahaha
MyMaria
#30 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 7:57:45 PM(UTC)
MyMaria

scottish
#42 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:19:46 PM(UTC)
scottish

I think raspberries may be the best fruit ever known to man!!!! Raspberries and Mangoes, the highlight of my day today, apart from the fact that it was finally bloody sunny today, but i could only watch it from my window as i was hard at work!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We need to get some interesting blogs going on!!! Zebraal i was interested at the start of your post, underground bands, guitars, drums all music to my underground ears!!! But then you went off on one about Robert Palmer and that was that!!!

I,m going to try and get one of my mixes into mp3 format so i can put it up on the net, you can give me your opinions, not that i need em because i already know i,m a bloody good dj/mixer of the vinyls!!! I'd like to hear what Midaso has to say, but the rest of us already know that dance music is the classical music of the 21st century!!! :wink:
scottish
#52 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:19:46 PM(UTC)
scottish

I think raspberries may be the best fruit ever known to man!!!! Raspberries and Mangoes, the highlight of my day today, apart from the fact that it was finally bloody sunny today, but i could only watch it from my window as i was hard at work!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We need to get some interesting blogs going on!!! Zebraal i was interested at the start of your post, underground bands, guitars, drums all music to my underground ears!!! But then you went off on one about Robert Palmer and that was that!!!

I,m going to try and get one of my mixes into mp3 format so i can put it up on the net, you can give me your opinions, not that i need em because i already know i,m a bloody good dj/mixer of the vinyls!!! I'd like to hear what Midaso has to say, but the rest of us already know that dance music is the classical music of the 21st century!!! :wink:
scottish
#67 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:19:46 PM(UTC)
scottish

scottish
#68 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:08:48 PM(UTC)
scottish

Midasoagain]
Oh no that's right - black dance music is completely different from geeky white boy dance music...

But electronica has fallen back underground now - it was in the mainstream and there certainly doesn't seem to be much innovative going on now...

But hey - I'm always willing to hear new music so if you say it's good stuff then I'd be glad to hear it...
I want to make my collection as diverse as possible - you could play a part in the creation of the greatest ipod songlist of all time...

Slow day at the office huh?
If raspberries were the highlight...

What are you going on about, there's no such thing as 'Black' dance music and 'White' dance music!!!!!!!!????? Its just dance music!!!!! If its good its good, and if its bad its bad, regardless of whether a black or a white person made it!!!!

Yes you are correct, the electronic music scene has gone back underground, but even when it was commercial and all over the charts it was still just the tip of the iceberg. Its inevitable that the kind of stuff which will be widely available in the charts will be quite poor quality, dance music by numbers, ie - it appeals to the masses, but isn't particularly good or innovative. So in that sense it has always been underground, if you're talking about the good stuff!! The big difference between dance music and more conventional forms of music like rock n roll is that the biggest tracks or djs of the moment aren't that widely known outside of the scene. By that i mean you can't just go on itunes and find the music, alot of stuff is limited release and only given to the top djs, (for example one of the most sought after tracks in 2006 was the Carl Craig remix of Theo Parrish's Falling Up, only 500 copies were realeased to the top djs, i first heard it played by Andy Weatherall in Fabric in London and it took me a year of searching to finally get my hands on a japanese vinyl import copy!!!!!!) so its rare and often the only way to hear it is by going out to a club and seeing the djs live. Thats why you really need to be living in an area with a really good and thriving underground scene to actually know what is happening. So while you can quite easily keep up to date with the most recent and \"acclaimed\" indie music, i would doubt very much you know anything about current dance music, It doesn't surprise me that you think there isn't much \"innovation\" going on in the scene at the moment, you live in a backwater town in New Zealand (your words not mine) so i hardly expect there to be a cutting edge dance scene going on!!!! However in London its a completely different story!!! If you think there is some dispute as to whether british indie music is the best in the world then there can be no dispute that British dance music is some of the most innovative in the genre, pushing the scene forward!!!

Anyway, all that being said, i still need to find a way of getting some music up on the net so you can hear it. I cant connect my decks up to the laptop because i only have an analogue mixer at the moment, so i won't be able to put any mixes up. But i have quite alot of dance music on mp3 so i,ll just have to put some stuff up unmixed. I,ll try and figure it out at the weekend when i,ve got some spare time. Prepare yourself for some very good music to add to your 'collection'!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
scottish
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:08:48 PM(UTC)
scottish

Midasoagain]
Oh no that's right - black dance music is completely different from geeky white boy dance music...

But electronica has fallen back underground now - it was in the mainstream and there certainly doesn't seem to be much innovative going on now...

But hey - I'm always willing to hear new music so if you say it's good stuff then I'd be glad to hear it...
I want to make my collection as diverse as possible - you could play a part in the creation of the greatest ipod songlist of all time...

What are you going on about, there's no such thing as 'Black' dance music and 'White' dance music!!!!!!!!????? Its just dance music!!!!! If its good its good, and if its bad its bad, regardless of whether a black or a white person made it!!!!

Yes you are correct, the electronic music scene has gone back underground, but even when it was commercial and all over the charts it was still just the tip of the iceberg. Its inevitable that the kind of stuff which will be widely available in the charts will be quite poor quality, dance music by numbers, ie - it appeals to the masses, but isn't particularly good or innovative. So in that sense it has always been underground, if you're talking about the good stuff!! The big difference between dance music and more conventional forms of music like rock n roll is that the biggest tracks or djs of the moment aren't that widely known outside of the scene. By that i mean you can't just go on itunes and find the music, alot of stuff is limited release and only given to the top djs, (for example one of the most sought after tracks in 2006 was the Carl Craig remix of Theo Parrish's Falling Up, only 500 copies were realeased to the top djs, i first heard it played by Andy Weatherall in Fabric in London and it took me a year of searching to finally get my hands on a japanese vinyl import copy!!!!!!) so its rare and often the only way to hear it is by going out to a club and seeing the djs live. Thats why you really need to be living in an area with a really good and thriving underground scene to actually know what is happening. So while you can quite easily keep up to date with the most recent and \"acclaimed\" indie music, i would doubt very much you know anything about current dance music, It doesn't surprise me that you think there isn't much \"innovation\" going on in the scene at the moment, you live in a backwater town in New Zealand (your words not mine) so i hardly expect there to be a cutting edge dance scene going on!!!! However in London its a completely different story!!! If you think there is some dispute as to whether british indie music is the best in the world then there can be no dispute that British dance music is some of the most innovative in the genre, pushing the scene forward!!!

Anyway, all that being said, i still need to find a way of getting some music up on the net so you can hear it. I cant connect my decks up to the laptop because i only have an analogue mixer at the moment, so i won't be able to put any mixes up. But i have quite alot of dance music on mp3 so i,ll just have to put some stuff up unmixed. I,ll try and figure it out at the weekend when i,ve got some spare time. Prepare yourself for some very good music to add to your 'collection'!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
scottish
#43 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:08:48 PM(UTC)
scottish

Midasoagain]

scottish
#44 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2007 6:30:02 PM(UTC)
scottish

Midasoagain]
it's just the best in a rubbish year for music. But #32? Ahead of established classics like 'Superstition' or 'Layla' - might be going a bit far...

Age isn't determinative of quality!!!! :wink:
scottish
#54 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2007 6:30:02 PM(UTC)
scottish

Midasoagain]
it's just the best in a rubbish year for music. But #32? Ahead of established classics like 'Superstition' or 'Layla' - might be going a bit far...

Age isn't determinative of quality!!!! :wink: