logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages123>»
Sorana Cirstea
shrapi
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2009 3:59:57 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

A sweet young lady from Romania.

A beautiful girl.Compare her with Kirilenko.

Find her more attractive then Ivanovic.

She plays a good tennis and I wish her much success for her

tennis carreer.

mashadabest
#42 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2009 4:53:05 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

Yeah you're right, she is really pretty and she seems like a sweet girl.  I haven't actually seen any of her matches, but she must be pretty good to be knocking out Wozniacki!!  I am definitely gonna watch her next match of course cos she's playing JJ, so I will be able to see how good she really is. [:)]
shrapova_nole
#113 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:18:53 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Nice to see another thread for a Romanian girl. Thanks, Stefanie! And yeah, she really seems very nice and sweet. And she is very pretty :))))

I`ve seen some of her match yesterday. She plays very good I believe. She was #36 in the world but dropped to 41. She didn`t play well this year, but seems that she find her form at RG. It`s really good news, I`m happy for her :)))))))) Her strokes look powerful and she had a very good game, changed directions, put some very good drop shots. She had a well taught game plan. Her mind was very clear. And seems that she stays good mentally cos Wozniacki had 5-2 in the first set, but Sorana came back.

Per total she had solid and very good game I believe. Congrats to her for reaching this round. And I think she`ll put Jelena to work. Maybe some think that it will be quite easy for JJ, but I believe that Sorana will put problems to her and will make her work hard to win.

Oh, and I was really angry when Wozniacki stopped the game for medical time-out when Sorana was at two points from victory. Nice fair-play from her[:@].... I now hate her for that. Anyway, I`m happy that finally Sorana won. It`s great performance for her, she`s only 19 years old :))))))))) Congrats!!!!!!

Here are some pics, for the ones who don`t know her [:D] :

Sorana Cirstea Picture

Sorana Cirstea Picture

Sorana Cirstea Picture

Sorana Cirstea

mashadabest
#43 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2009 3:09:56 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Ahhh she has a nice smile!  Well it will be an interesting match with JJ.  I don't know much about this girl's game but I get a feeling she is quite good so JJ is gonna have to play pretty well to beat her, I am getting a feeling Sorana could snatch a set. [:S]  Anyways quite excited to see Sorana play for the first time.

By the way Ioana who are you gonna support? [:S]  Cos this girl's Romanian but I know you love JJ too, I hate it when 2 players I like play against each other and I don't know who to support. [:S]

paul_pipkin
#56 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2009 7:50:42 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)
[quote user="mashadabest"]

Ahhh she has a nice smile!  Well it will be an interesting match with JJ.  I don't know much about this girl's game but I get a feeling she is quite good so JJ is gonna have to play pretty well to beat her, I am getting a feeling Sorana could snatch a set. [:S]  Anyways quite excited to see Sorana play for the first time.

By the way Ioana who are you gonna support? [:S]  Cos this girl's Romanian but I know you love JJ too, I hate it when 2 players I like play against each other and I don't know who to support. [:S]

[/quote]

They have the 3rd match on Lenglen. It is possible Tennis Channel will show it.

http://www.veetle.com/vi...el.php?cid=4a1f06aef32eb

live coverage of the French Open--the download Veetle requires takes only seconds. [8-|]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
mashadabest
#44 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 3:36:36 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="mashadabest"]

[/quote]

live coverage of the French Open--the download Veetle requires takes only seconds. [8-|]

[/quote]

Thanks a lot Paul!  I am still praying for the BBC to show it, there is a good chance cos Moron Murray isn't playing today!!! [:)]

shrapova_nole
#114 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 6:18:45 AM(UTC)

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="mashadabest"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, thanks Paul!!!! I`m really excited about his match. Hope it will be a nice one.

I like both Jelena and Sorana, but JJ more [:$]. Now, I`ll be sad if Jelena loses, but also a bit sad if Sorana loses. It`s really bad when to players that you like meet. It`s hard to decide whom to support. I`ll be supporting JJ, I know it isn`t nice, but...Anyway, I`ll be happy if Sorana wins, but sad for Jelena. If JJ wins, I`ll be happy for her, but sad for Sorana. It` isn`t really nice and it`s quite weird. Eh, that`s it. I`m waiting for the match. Hope they`ll offer us a nice match, great tennis. I expect Sorana to put problems to JJ and make her work for it.

shrapi
#91 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 12:43:12 PM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Sorana won !!!

Congratulations !!!

I'm so happy for her, have no words to tell how happy I am.

She plays an excellent tennis.

Good luck for the next one !!!

shrapova_nole
#115 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 12:54:30 PM(UTC)

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORANA BEAT JELENA JANKOVIC!!!!!!!! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!!! IT FEELS SO INCREDIBLE TO BE ROMANIAN IN THESE MOMENTS!!!!!!!!! IT`S AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I STILL CAN`T BELIEVE THAT SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!! BUT SHE PLAYED AMAZING, FANTASTIC, GREAT, WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! WHAT A MATCH!!!!!!!!! WHAT A MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! FROM ALL ALL MY HEART CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!TO BOTH OF THEM!!!!!!!!! IT WAS SUCH A GREAT MATCH, A HEART ATTACK ONE FOR ME!!!!!!!! I`M STILL IN SHOCK AND I CAN`T BELIEVE IT, BUT SHE PLAYED BETTER!!!!!! DRAMATIC MATCH!!!!!!! F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C.!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say after this, I`m speechless.....Sorana was incredible!!!!!! She defeated JJ [:O][:O][:O][:O]!!!!!!!! But sincerely, after I`ve seen how she was playing in the third set, I knew that she`ll win. The third set was amazing, simply incredible!!!!!!!! I just couldn`t breath and my heart stopped in some moments....incredible!!!!! I lived so much this match, a lot of emotions!!!!!

Bravo, bravo, bravo, Sorana!!!!!!! Deci, ce sa mai zic, respect!!!!!!! Ai jucat incredibil, super!! Niciodata nu te-am mai vazut asa!!! Cu siguranta meciul vietii tale !!!! Deci nu mai am cuvinte, esti buna!!!!!!!!  Ai doar 19 ani, poti sa faci lucruri mari!!!!!!!!  Felicitari!!!!!! Mult succes in urmatorul meci!!!!!! Ai jucat incredibil, sper sa nu fi obosita....Poti sa intri in SF!!!! Poti s-o faci!!!!!!! Si de ce nu si in finala, poti s-o bati pe vaca ai de Williams...daca ajunge aia in SF si daca tu ajungi in semifinala....Dar, orice ar fi, ai jucat foarte bine la acest turneu si meriti sa fi in top 20 cel putin.  Felicitari inca o data si mult succes!!!!!!!! HAIDEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Ok, one more time, congratulations from all my heart!!!!!!! And best best of luck in the next match. You played three hours today, so you can be tired. But you`re young, so c`mon, take rest and enjoy your wonderful victory. You can do the SF for sure. If u reached this, you must continue!!! Fight and never give up!!! Be confident, you can do it!!! You have nothing to lose!! SO C`MON!!!!!!!!!! Do the SF!!!!!!!

Again congratulations and I wanna add that I`m soooooooooo proud!!!!! Soooooooo proud!!!!! Bravo, Sorana!!!!! You deserved to win this match.  C`mon all the way, you can do it!!!!! In my opinion you can make the final!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOO SORANAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!! [U][U][U] 

shrapova_nole
#116 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 1:25:19 PM(UTC)

I tell you that I think I`ve seen her like crying in the last games. I believe so... Not at the end, but in the last games, at deuce....her face and eyes were looking like she was going to cry. She didn`t cry this time but I`ve seen her once crying during a match, but cos of sadness, cos she was losing. It feels weird to see somebody hitting the balls and during this crying so hard....

But I dunno, I think she had tears in her eyes....I can understand her, it`s such a big success!!!

Sorana Cirstea

Sorana Cirstea

Sorana Cirstea

Sorana Cirstea

shrapova_nole
#117 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 2:21:34 PM(UTC)

Just heard about it at Romanian TV. Sorana will be invited at " Game, Set & Mats". I wasn`t really attentive, so I dunno if today or tomorrow. But anyway, it will be really nice to see her there.

And some more things:

Francezii la picioarele lui Carstea! L'Equipe: "Sorana nu inceteaza sa ne uimeasca!"L`Equipe- " Sorana doesn`t stop surprising us"
This is what she said, it` s translated by me from Romanian :)))
"Like this I beat her also last year, at Fed Cup, but now, the conditions were different, another atmosphere. I wanted so much the victory. Like in the other matches, I started quiet hard, but after the first set I started playing.
I can`t compare the qualifying in QF at RG with my victory from Taskent, because hereis a GS tournament and I`m happy that I`m in form. At the end of the match, when I cam back from 4-5, I was a bit more agressive and confident.
Now, only 8 players remained and at this level every match will be tough, but I wish to win and reach SF."

She`ll play with Stosur next, the one who beat Dementieva.  It will be tough match, but Sorana can do it!!!! Go, girl!!!!!

Btw, she`s the first Romanian to reach QF at RG after 12 years!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

shrapova_nole
#118 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 3:10:55 PM(UTC)

She was invited today at "Game, Set & Mats". I think most of you saw her. I love her!!!! She is so cute!!! She spoke so nice and seemed such a great, nice girl!!!!! I`m really proud to be Romanian in this moment. She really made our country well-known through all this. She seems so nice and so humble.  I`m really so so so happy. This is a big day for Romania, for Romanian sports, for Romanian tennis. Thank you, Sorana!!!! You`re amazing, girl!!!!!! Thanks!!! Congratulations for all and best of luck in the next match!!! You can do it!!! Amaze everybody one more time!!!!!!
mashadabest
#45 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 4:03:49 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Well as upset as I am that JJ is out, I have to say if she had to lose to anyone I am glad it was Sorana.  She seems like such a lovely young girl. [Y]  Congrats to her for the win and for the great tennis she played, and good luck for the rest of the tourney, hopefully she can go a bit further!  Good Luck Sorana! [Y]
paul_pipkin
#57 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 4:29:08 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)
Ditto, Dee. [H] I've been able to see Sorana at some smaller tournaments & been interested in her for a while. Thanx to the cameras all already on Lenglen waiting for Monfils dispatch of Roddick, both Tennis Channel & ESPN2 finally went to Sorana/JJ's third set and I got to watch her play on the Big screen and tape it. Got some interesting info from the commentary. I'll talk about it after I have a chance to review the tape. (Not tonight.)
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
masha[ro]fan
#40 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 4:39:59 PM(UTC)

paul it's true ....they show us only the end of the third set ..when the score was i think 5-4 for Sorana .It was a great  match .. i mean the quality was huge..for the 4 round.Nobody knows very well Sorana but now people will see more of her ,,i hope !!!

i almost forgetten .for a 19 old she has played like maria when she won the Wimbledon 

gt1
#32 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2009 6:51:41 PM(UTC)
gt1

Congrats to Sorana! From what i've seen and heard it was a well deserved victory.

I didn't see the match, i saw her on 'Game, Set & Mats' right after she won and she was so happy [:D]

It will be interesting to see how she will play in her next match / matches. I hope there will be 'matches' [:)]

Good luck Sorana!

mashadabest
#46 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:50:13 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

What is this 'Game, Set & Mats' that everyone keeps talking about?  Is it some kind of TV show or something?
shrapova_nole
#119 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:57:17 AM(UTC)

^ hehe!! you dunno what`s "Game, Set & Mats" ??? Ok, it`s a show on Eurosport with Mats Wilander (famous tennis player). He talks about what happens everyday at RG, they show the highlights of the matches. There are also some questions put by fans to him and also a surprise interview with special quaestions for players. You can watch to see what`s about. I personally don`t appreciate the show so much, but it was nice to see Sorana there cos  the program was showed all around the world.

It starts at night, after all matches finish. You can watch it. It`s not such a big thing, but...

CROUCHING TIGER
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2009 5:51:46 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
[quote user="shrapi"]

Sorana won !!!

Congratulations !!!

I'm so happy for her, have no words to tell how happy I am.

She plays an excellent tennis.

Good luck for the next one !!!

[/quote] Absolutely, Shrapi, couldn't agree more[:)]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
mashadabest
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:29:25 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="shrapova_nole"]

^ hehe!! you dunno what`s "Game, Set & Mats" ??? Ok, it`s a show on Eurosport with Mats Wilander (famous tennis player). He talks about what happens everyday at RG, they show the highlights of the matches. There are also some questions put by fans to him and also a surprise interview with special quaestions for players. You can watch to see what`s about. I personally don`t appreciate the show so much, but it was nice to see Sorana there cos  the program was showed all around the world.

It starts at night, after all matches finish. You can watch it. It`s not such a big thing, but...

[/quote]

Ohhhh thanks!  Well I don't have Eurosport [:(] which is why I didn't know what it was, but great that Sorana got invited on it!! [:)]  Hopefully someone will upload it onto YouTube so I can watch it. [:)]