logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Stuttgart
shrapi
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2007 1:31:00 PM(UTC)
shrapi

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Dementieva won. Great. Saw the match against Mauresmo.

Amelie isn't yet in form.

Chak and Ivanovic lost. Saw the matches too.They had " bad days" ( tired ).

It doesn't happen only to Maria !!!

Philli
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2007 1:33:25 PM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

There's a fine difference between bad days and bad years!!!!

paul_pipkin
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:23:27 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1876 time(s) in 1246 post(s)
[quote user="shrapi"]

Dementieva won. Great. Saw the match against Mauresmo.

Amelie isn't yet in form.

Chak and Ivanovic lost. Saw the matches too.They had " bad days" ( tired ).

It doesn't happen only to Maria !!!

[/quote]

Yes. I am most pleased. The last several tournaments, I'/d felt like Elena was going out a match earlier than she should at this stage in her recovery. But she was never sad and just kept at it. This is more like it!

Now, of course, she has to play Justine. But, hey--she's got nothing to lose. Can't wait to see Elena play in Moscow. Regard this as warmup for Kremlina Koulpah.

[H] Paul in Texas

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Philli
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:33:52 PM(UTC)
Philli

Paul, order of play tomorrow (Friday)  Bondrenko/Golovin followed by Jelena/Nadia and Justine/Elena. 

Dont forget when they duck out for football it will only be for about 10 minutes, then its bck to the game.

Philli
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:34:27 PM(UTC)
Philli

Paul, order of play tomorrow (Friday)  Bondarenko/Golovin followed by Jelena/Nadia and Justine/Elena, beginning at 1400.

Dont forget when they duck out for football it will only be for about 10 minutes, then its back to the game.

paul_pipkin
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:20:52 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Philli"]

Paul, order of play tomorrow (Friday)  Bondrenko/Golovin followed by Jelena/Nadia and Justine/Elena. 

Dont forget when they duck out for football it will only be for about 10 minutes, then its bck to the game.

[/quote]

Thanx. I've been catching the stream late night and letting it run because that sedems to minimize or eliminate buffering stalls. Remember, that starts like 7:00 in the morning here and I still can't see straight at that hour.

Now, the schedule I'm looking at suggests there may be a break between 17:30 and 20:00 CET, then the fourth quarterfinal. But it's hard to see Eurosport passing over Justine in favor of covering Serena--especially as their online feed didn't carry Justine's match today.

[*-)] Paul

Philli
#43 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2007 2:24:11 AM(UTC)
Philli

Paul, Eurosport has changed its transmission plans for today.  First two games as usual beginning at 14.00.  The third match will be televised on Eurosport 2.  The fourth match will then be televised live on usual Eurosport at 20.00 hrs. 
paul_pipkin
#25 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2007 12:35:48 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

That was[quote user="Philli"]Paul, Eurosport has changed its transmission plans for today.  First two games as usual beginning at 14.00.  The third match will be televised on Eurosport 2.  The fourth match will then be televised live on usual Eurosport at 20.00 hrs. [/quote]

That was what I had originally, so I wasn't surprised. (That schedule was from the Stuttgart site, I believe, so the tournament knew what Eurosport was going to do better than they did. [:D]) I watched the first two. No big surprises, though I'm concerned about Nadia's thigh. I hope she just decided not to stress it further with KC coming up.

Neither did I expect Elena D to prevail over Justine. Still couldn't get Eurosport 2 but I followed the live commentary and was pleased she could give Justine fits three or four times. I wished through both sets that she could even it up and force a tiebreak, but I'm not dismayed by the 46 46. She couldn't have done as well against Hénin even a month ago. Overall, less double faults; Elena's play continues to improve.

Sveta vs Serena coming up.

[H] Paul 

paul_pipkin
#26 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2007 2:25:45 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

KUZY KICKS ASS! Straight sets 63 63. [Y] Williams reduced to tears on court. I LOVE it. Svetlana is a peach. [B]

[H] Paul in Texas

Philli
#44 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2007 9:36:36 AM(UTC)
Philli

Well Paul, what can I say.  Kuzzi just caved in. Shame after last night's performance but it does raise a point.

3 tough matches in three days (would have been 4 if she'd made it to the final).  She and Maria can expect that pressure next week... and the week after....and (for Maria) the week after that.

Consistancy and stamina have not been Maria's big point this year.  She couldn't hold it together for San Diego, LA and Toronto so I'm wondering if she can make it through the next three weeks unscathed.

Philli [:)] in Germany

paul_pipkin
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2007 1:37:46 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Svetlana didn't play like yesterday, that is true. But give Golovin credit--she's been looking real good. At the same time, Justine was wobbly against Elena and had a rougher time with Jelena. (You see Hénin go down on that knee? She does need to recoup.) Dunno, but somebody might risk a bet on Tati tomorrow.

No one accuses Russians of being short on stamina. Serena will face at least two and maybe three if she plays Moscow and I will bet on  one of them to put her away if she shows. They're not going to allow the Yankee hate-fest to make off with the KC. Now, consistency is another question. From Safin on, both Russian men and women can be as mercurial as the French. Yet, that can also be seen as unpredictable, which can have its advantages.

[H] Paul

Philli
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2007 8:13:51 AM(UTC)
Philli

Tatiana must rank as one of the most improved players this year. She certainly didn't make Justine's win an easy ride.  The scoreline does not reflect the hard work she forced out of Justine to take the title.

Congrats to both on a great final.

paul_pipkin
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2007 12:16:49 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Philli"]

Tatiana must rank as one of the most improved players this year. She certainly didn't make Justine's win an easy ride.  The scoreline does not reflect the hard work she forced out of Justine to take the title.

Congrats to both on a great final.

[/quote]

I'll second that, Philli, though I didn't get to watch it. For whatever reason, the Eurosport France stream that had faithfully carried the tournament all week went to rugby and auto racing instead. [*-)] I hope they don't pull that during the Kremlin Cup.

Tati has built up her legs like an anime mecha, (walking fighting machine) so the weak ankles should no longer be an issue. Oh, saw that Eurosport on Sat the 20th will run at 13:15 a fifteen minute segment of "Tati's World" before the Zurich semis.

[H] Paul

Philli
#46 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2007 1:04:15 PM(UTC)
Philli

I've seen Tatiana's World many times Paul. Eurosport Germany use it as a fill in all the time. Very entertaining. Strange thing.. they have lots of Euro girls doing those little fill ins. ...one who shall remain nameless has never done one.
paul_pipkin
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2007 1:57:35 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Philli"]I've seen Tatiana's World many times Paul. Eurosport Germany use it as a fill in all the time. Very entertaining. Strange thing.. they have lots of Euro girls doing those little fill ins. ...one who shall remain nameless has never done one.[/quote]

I've watched it online is all, clips stored on sites. Yeah, I'd expect Euro girls ...as it's taped in Europe... [;)] Tati and Masha came up together at Bollettieri's. While Masha still lived in Florida, they were seen together at public events. One in particular was knee to knee at a ballgame a few days after the imaginary "bad blood" pronounced by the Three Witches. The caption read:

"MIAMI, FL - April 6, 2006: Maria Sharapova and pal Tatiana Golovin attended the Miami Heat vs. Detroit Pistons NBA basketball game on April 6 in Miami, after squaring off against each other one week ago at the NASDAQ-100 Open held in nearby Key Biscayne. Sharapova won the semifinal match after Golovin sprained her ankle in a very close third set."

See, I keep trying to get it across that you buy into a campaign of media hype, for the most part concocted over here by greased-up Williams promoters.

midaso
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2007 9:24:54 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I think Maria should be ashamed the way she performed when Golovin got that injury - it was a real lack of class...
paul_pipkin
#30 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2007 12:31:50 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="midaso"]I think Maria should be ashamed the way she performed when Golovin got that injury - it was a real lack of class...[/quote]

Maria did as she was trained to do, hold focus and stay warmed. Tati understood that. But it really doesn't matter to the professional haters that Tati had no problem. The Three Witches didn't give a damn about Tati  but they were going to get offended on her behalf, for sure! And they always find plenty to swallow their swill.

midaso
#12 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2007 2:12:03 AM(UTC)
midaso

The point is - most tennis players,especially male ones,would go and check up whether they're alright or at least show a bit of concern - they are human beings after all,not tennis robots...
CROUCHING TIGER
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2007 1:59:04 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
Jees, M., what do u have with those ATP-players. All the ppl on the forum know u prefer men above girls. On the tenniscourt of course:))) 

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
midaso
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2007 4:58:16 AM(UTC)
midaso

Yeah well just watch them - can you not see how much better the men are? It's just leagues and leagues above the women - the same as any other sport but strangely the gap is probably smaller in tennis than most other sports...