logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Winningest Players
loMASHAlo
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2007 12:30:39 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Winningest active players on the WTA Tour

Player
Country
Titles
Majors

Lindsay Davenport
USA

Monica Seles
USA
9Martina HingisSUI445Conchita MartinezESP331

Justine Henin
BEL

Venus Williams
USA

Kim Clijsters
BEL

Serena Williams
USA

Amelie Mauresmo
FRA

Mary Pierce
FRA

Maria Sharapova
RUS

Jennifer Capriati
USA

Anna Smashnova
ISR

Anastasia Myskina
RUS

Patty Schnyder
SUI
0Magdalena MaleevaBUL100

At least 10 singles titles -- through Nov. 11, 2007

Winningest players on the WTA Tour

Player
Country
Titles
Majors

Martina Navratilova
USA

Chris Evert
USA

Steffi Graf
GER

Margaret Smith-Court
AUS

Evonne Goolagong
AUS

Billie Jean King
USA

Virginia Wade
GBR

Lindsay Davenport
USA

Monica Seles
USA

Martina Hingis
SUI

Justine Henin
BEL

Venus Williams
USA

Conchita Martinez
ESP

Kim Clijsters
BEL

Tracy Austin
USA

Singles titles | Open Era -- at least 30 titles
shrapi
#8 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2007 2:08:33 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks. Interesting. Good to know to compare.
MyMaria
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2007 4:07:17 AM(UTC)
MyMaria

It's kind of sad to think that Maria's career right now is comparable to Mary Pierce... I know she's young, but... Mary Pierce? She better shoot up this list in the coming years.
paul_pipkin
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2007 4:24:24 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

[quote user="MyMaria"]It's kind of sad to think that Maria's career right now is comparable to Mary Pierce... I know she's young, but... Mary Pierce? She better shoot up this list in the coming years.
[/quote]

Oh, I'd never compare Maria to Mary. IMO, Pierce is an example of a player who hung in a bit too long. I understand your feeling--Mary became one of a very few players I actively disliked. But to be fair, her worst behavior was probably due to the frustration from years trying to salvage a deteriorating game. Y'know, she's another one who occasionally threatens a return. That's a disaster waiting to happen. [*-)] Fact is, the Navratilovas are very rare. Most players need to hang it up by thirty or not much later.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
MyMaria
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2007 4:30:46 AM(UTC)
MyMaria

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[quote user="MyMaria"]It's kind of sad to think that Maria's career right now is comparable to Mary Pierce... I know she's young, but... Mary Pierce? She better shoot up this list in the coming years.
[/quote]

Oh, I'd never compare Maria to Mary. IMO, Pierce is an example of a player who hung in a bit too long. I understand your feeling--Mary became one of a very few players I actively disliked. But to be fair, her worst behavior was probably due to the frustration from years trying to salvage a deteriorating game. Y'know, she's another one who occasionally threatens a return. That's a disaster waiting to happen. [*-)] Fact is, the Navratilovas are very rare. Most players need to hang it up by thirty or not much later.

[/quote]I'm just saying, right now, Mary has 18 titles and 2 GS titles, and Maria has 16 titles and 2 GS titles. It kind of sickens me to look at that...
paul_pipkin
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2007 4:39:57 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)
I gotcha. By the time Pierce finally left, I was saying good riddance... [;)] That's not going to happen to Masha, though. When she sees she can't hack it anymore, she's got lotsa other things to do.
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
midaso
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2007 11:43:23 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)
[quote user="MyMaria"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I'm just saying, right now, Mary has 18 titles and 2 GS titles, and Maria has 16 titles and 2 GS titles. It kind of sickens me to look at that...
[/quote]

But it's weird to think that way - cos Maria's career is a work in progress,whereas Pierce is finished pretty much...She's got 10 years on Maria

BTW,this list shows what a disappointment Davenport has been at majors - only 3 despite a massive 53 titles...

loMASHAlo
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2007 2:30:47 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

[quote user="midaso"][quote user="MyMaria"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BTW,this list shows what a disappointment Davenport has been at majors - only 3 despite a massive 53 titles...

[/quote]

yeah,right realy shocked when I saw it