logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Legand Maria....
hsutekin
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 6:30:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Dear Maria may be you lost againest Wozniacki....and i am so sad about this but please don't forget Wozniacki is Wozniacki and others are others but you are always Maria Sharapova and i believe in that you will be a legand again......[;)]
Philli
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:45:31 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
The Word is Legend, and she already is a legend...in her own mind.
paul_pipkin
#3 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 7:54:18 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)
She is a legend for real. The Legend of Sharapova has motivated hundreds of Russian & Eastern tennis babes, many of whom you see coming on the scene now. The legend is only six years old, so sure most of them were involved with tennis before--but you know they doubled their determination as they watched Maria's success, [H]
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Riad Basrawi
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 2:52:29 PM(UTC)
Riad Basrawi

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 34 post(s)

[quote user="hsutekin"]      Dear Maria may be you lost againest Wozniacki....and i am so sad about this but please don't forget Wozniacki is Wozniacki and others are others but you are always Maria Sharapova and i believe in that you will be a legand again......[;)][/quote]

You are right!   [:)]

Philli
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:39:59 AM(UTC)
Philli

I see they are selling those 'I'm not the next' T shirts.  Back in 2004 when Maria made that immortal statement, she had no idea how absolutely right it was.  For instance:   I'm not the next player to win all 4 Grand slams in one year.   I'm not the next player to rule tennis and be at number 1 for hundreds of weeks.  I'm not the next player to retire or come back from injury and win a Grand slam. 

Strange how things turn out.

shrapi
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:24:23 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

She reached much - more then others at her age

(  3 grand slams  and once the championships ).

What she is missing are the French Open and the Olympics.

And if she continues the way she does now, she will never win those two

purposes left.

And she will never win all 4 in a year.

But let us say she has enough time, regarding she can play until she is 40.

robb
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:30:07 AM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
[quote user="shrapi"]

She reached much - more then others at her age

(  3 grand slams  and once the championships ).

What she is missing are the French Open and the Olympics.

And if she continues the way she does now, she will never win those two

purposes left.

And she will never win all 4 in a year.

But let us say she has enough time, regarding she can play until she is 40.

[/quote]

I doubt she will play till she's in her thirties, never mind 40!!

She has time to win other things, of course. But there are now a whole bunch of  players who feel they can beat her, and are doing just that. She has to up her game/change her game/whatever it takes to be a success again. I'm sure we will support her all the way. But it would be nice to be given more than just a glimmer of hope again..........

Philli
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:45:20 AM(UTC)
Philli

As a matter of interest, The WTA has changed its rules since 2004. and its not likely that we will ever see girls aged 16 on the main tour again.  So what Maria did was probably the last time it will happen. 

And Robb, you are right.  I dont see Maria playing many years more.  If she cant do more than 10 tournments a year at the age of 23, what's she going to be like at 25 or 26.  She was good in 2004,5,6 but there are only remnants of her game left now.  I blame her physical fitness on all these silly fashion ideas that she has.  You cant maintain peak energy levels when you are 6'2" tall and only weigh 58 kilos.  No other player of her height is so skinny... the majority of them are around 64 kilos.

This about sums up Maria.  Ist round 100% energy. If its a tough 3 setter, she goes into the second round with about 75/80% energy.  If that one is tough, she's down to about 60% in the third round.  If she doesn't crash out, she drags about 50% into the 4th Round and is burned out by the final.  We have seen it so many times this last year.

I fail to see why she has never been able to correct this, but I fear she is stubborn, wont train and concentrates too much on maintianing her 'model' figure.

And now...one for the boys.  As Madonna said...Who's that Girl?

Nella
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:20:20 AM(UTC)

Poor Philli, Why spending all your energy on the crap you are writing !!
paul_pipkin
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:51:23 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

Be that as it may, I've said all along the age restriction is the "No More Sharapovas Rule". [;)] It first seemed to be spawned in the antiquated notions of middle-aged country-club queens, then evolved into the "Sisters Protection Act". But Larry Scott revealed its true purpose when he followed up with proposed measures by which WTA might force its control into the lives and bank accounts of "younger" players. He meant, of course, the Eastern wave that quickly followed the early Russians. It's simply a subset of the "Final Solution to the Slavic Problem." [:P]

As those "schemas" (what WTA actually called them) ran counter to any standard of international law, they soon fell off the table and little more was heard of them. But Stacey Alaster can be counted to carry on with the Yankified "protection of children" bullsh!t.

This will persist unless & until the depth of Eastern player production abates & the USA/UK/Oz cabals have new crops of youngsters THEY want to hurry onto the Tour. Then attitude would magically reverse. [;)]

USTA enforces such whims on the laughingly-so-called "international organizations" by means of a permanent $50 million fund set aside to immediately initiate a separate North American Tour at any moment Yank demands are insufficiently accommodated. The emergent tennis powers SHOULD respond in kind. Tarpischev has recently cast some light on why that hasn't already gone down--I'll deal with that later today in the WTA section.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17