logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

198 Pages«<23456>»
Live Streams
merylstr@otenet.gr
#763 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:24:43 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OK. BTW, i said the Eurosport link, but i meant the Sopcast link....[:$] Sorry, velocity mistake...
paul_pipkin
#1608 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:41:13 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

[quote user="merylstr@otenet.gr"]OK. BTW, i said the Eurosport link, but i meant the Sopcast link....[:$] Sorry, velocity mistake...[/quote]

No problem. So far I'm just getting "Channel is offline..." I'll try SopCast again after the match begins. [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
merylstr@otenet.gr
#764 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:56:43 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

It's no live stream, but on www.2000.ru you can find videos of Pova's matches - till now, it's "last points" for most of them. But i'm hoping that there will be a longer video for this match, since, you know, it's the final of a Tier I. It takes a while to buffe, but once it does, it's big and clear. It's a bout as big as the coolstreamig one...Again, it's not a live stream, but if you guys don't get the chance to watch the match live in a portal, check later today for the video of the match...

Ys, Paul i'm still getting only the cricket one from TVNSports, adn the Nordic one doesn't work - yet - but i'll try it after the match has began....you never know. Still not getting anything from wtaworld, and the only "sure" stream, is the low bitrate Eurosport one....which is nowhere near visible... Let's hope Dubai is easier for us to reach...

josedz9
#458 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:03:26 AM(UTC)
josedz9

Well, i donty think ill watch the game. The streams are horrible!! Shame for me
merylstr@otenet.gr
#765 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:07:13 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

OK, this one will not help us today, but maybe it will come out handy in the future. www.bestworldwide.net/tv_menu.htm There are not only sports channels there. Haven't had the time to check out all the channels yet - but unfortunately the Dubai Sports Channel doesn't work now. Maybe it'll help in the future.
alwysdreaming09
#80 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:28:25 AM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

hey guys, what stream are using you right now?really need a good quality stream

merylstr@otenet.gr
#766 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:36:25 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

There is no good quality stream!! Only the low bitrate Eurosport one (check for that in previous pages in this thread). Personally, i'm watching it on cable TV...sorry.
paul_pipkin
#1609 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 1:09:56 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

This may bum y'all out but I watched the Doha final pretty well. [:)] Running to post that wouldn't have done you much good unless you were set up for it already, with lead time to buffer, because: What came through for me when all else failed (much of it due to heavy traffic) was TvAnts -- specifically the pbxtelecom.ro stream (known on the TvAnts search tab as "eurosport.ru", though it's not Russian and, I'm pretty sure, in this case running the Asia-Pacific feed. [^o)]) During the first set, the TvAnts stream finally came up to 75% of its advertised 250 kbps and held, permitting me to watch the match pretty well.

That is the stream you can also open into Windows Media Player with the protocol: mms://89.165.156.131:8091/ but that Media Player option was hitting heavy traffic failure today. The portal with the big screen that merylstr found IS Also pbxtelecom.ro

http://www.coolstreaming..._big.php?id_canale=22601 But today it just stalled out, probably due to server overload.

NOW: the pbxtelecom.ro Eurosport stream Will Cast Dubai.

You may want to consider downloading TvAnts, available through Livetv.ru and the various other pages. Caveat: The downloads appear to be trial versions, may only last like sixty days or something, then you can't download again until they post a new version (when it appears to "forget" you were there before.) And their "buy" page is altogether in Chinese ideographs. lol So one might consider whether to use it now for a shot at Dubai or hold off for European clay season or something.

At any rate, TvAnts stream of pbxtelecom.ro came through for me today and will be my first line of attack for Dubai. [H]

alwysdreaming09
#81 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 1:17:22 PM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

i tried the tvant but it didn't work for me, so i just stick with the mediaplayer a link that i got from tennisform.com, which i had no problem getting it unlike the one with livetv.ru
paul_pipkin
#1610 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 1:44:24 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="alwysdreaming09"]i tried the tvant but it didn't work for me, so i just stick with the mediaplayer a link that i got from tennisform.com, which i had no problem getting it unlike the one with livetv.ru[/quote]

Okay, great! [:D] These are the mysteries of the Net. Especially when traffic gets heavy, one setup in one place will perform quite differently than another. That's why we need to collect all these linx, portals, protocols, etc. [8-|]

merylstr's http://www.bestworldwide.net/tv_menu.htm for example. Yes, a Dubai Sports player appears and shows no indication of being a dead link. You try enough of these enough times (why they call it "hacking") and you may punch through whatever firewalls they've thrown up. (Remember, none of us but Tiger and a couple of others were supposed to get that Antwerp "Belgian" stream at all--ever.)

Oh, yeah, BTW: http://www.2000.ru/ has some fine vids. A guy brought that around here back before they refurbished the Forum. I downloaded some nice ones. All you need is room on your drive--don't need a download manager or any of that junk. [H]

merylstr@otenet.gr
#767 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 10:48:40 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

www.newsmania.it/streaming%20box.htm  This is a link i found while searching for live streaming. It's full  of "protocols" (mms:/ .... ..... ). As somebody told me, it can be useful as a back up plan, in casse the "real links" (www.  ... ... ) disappear - I guess it could be used as a plan A too if you like....

I'm glad Tvants are going to carry Dubai. Which channel of Tvants??? Only Eurosport? When i search through Tvants for "Eurosport", i get the 7 channels, but usualy (weel, always to be honest...), the one that works and i can reall "catch", is only the UK one, and usually not of best quality... Can't wait for a tournament that Star Sports or  CCTV5 carry?

Can someone tell me this?? Why is sooo hard to catch live streaming for a Tier 1, and easier to catch a Tier 2?? And why does every top player wanna play Dubai (2), and not Doha (1)??

P.S. On coolstreaming there is also www.coolstreaming.us/cha...1/Eurosport_pacific.html This is a link for Eurosport Pacific (obviously...) , but on the right of the page, there are also links for other available channels. Above those, there's "Live events" - click on that, and it'll show the live events...events that are live the time the link was posted by someone (yep, the live events page, the 2nd one, is a page full of links mostly posted by the administrator of the forum...). There are not only sport events, but mainly sports events...hope it'll work for you - some of those work for me.

lucas92
#562 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 3:11:13 PM(UTC)
lucas92

[quote user="merylstr@otenet.gr"]

www.newsmania.it/streaming%20box.htm  This is a link i found while searching for live streaming. It's full  of "protocols" (mms:/ .... ..... ). As somebody told me, it can be useful as a back up plan, in casse the "real links" (www.  ... ... ) disappear - I guess it could be used as a plan A too if you like....

I'm glad Tvants are going to carry Dubai. Which channel of Tvants??? Only Eurosport? When i search through Tvants for "Eurosport", i get the 7 channels, but usualy (weel, always to be honest...), the one that works and i can reall "catch", is only the UK one, and usually not of best quality... Can't wait for a tournament that Star Sports or  CCTV5 carry?

Can someone tell me this?? Why is sooo hard to catch live streaming for a Tier 1, and easier to catch a Tier 2?? And why does every top player wanna play Dubai (2), and not Doha (1)??

P.S. On coolstreaming there is also www.coolstreaming.us/cha...1/Eurosport_pacific.html This is a link for Eurosport Pacific (obviously...) , but on the right of the page, there are also links for other available channels. Above those, there's "Live events" - click on that, and it'll show the live events...events that are live the time the link was posted by someone (yep, the live events page, the 2nd one, is a page full of links mostly posted by the administrator of the forum...). There are not only sport events, but mainly sports events...hope it'll work for you - some of those work for me.

[/quote]

So which is the best stream for Dubai?

paul_pipkin
#1684 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 3:53:31 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The TvAnts channel you want is known on the TvAnts search tab as "eurosport.ru", though it's not Russian. Hmm It is, specifically, the pbxtelecom.ro stream you noticed easlier on coolstreaming. The indicator bar needs to come up to 75% of its advertised 250 kbps to avoid most slowdown but you can get something to appreciate as low as 50%. That is the stream you can also open into Windows Media Player with the protocol: mms://89.165.156.131:8091/ .

Star and CCTV-5 will no doubt carry the April Fed Cup, whether the Tennis Channel likes it or not. (Reaching only 10% of US households, TTC is a means to effectively limit what the American TV audience sees. Funny, it's like the days of the Iron Curtain but in reverse. They say Soviets used to hunch over the shortwave to hear Voice of America. Now we hunch over the computer, seeking a back door through China into Russia. What goes around, comes around, hunh?)

Players wanna got to Dubai because it's Fun City and the beni al-Maktoum treat them like queens. [H] I'll send you a link.

Coolstreaming's euro-pacific will have to be finessed. Right now, I get the pages, but a 'bot voice is telling me the URL for the stream is invalid. I'll see tonight or tomorrow about running in some different protocols. [8-|] In about an hour, 16:00 GMT, Eurosport Asia-Pacific will do a couple of hours of reruns of day one action. (Kiri lost but Safina & Elena D moved on.)

Early Tuesday play will show on regular Eurosport from 11:00 - 13:00 GMT. Masha's match will be at 15:00 GMT. [H]

paul_pipkin
#1611 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 3:57:26 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="lucas92"]

So which is the best stream for Dubai?

[/quote]

Without downloading TvAnts, note "that is the stream you can also open into Windows Media Player with the protocol: mms://89.165.156.131:8091/ ." Paste it into a browser bar or "Open URL" in WMP itself. [H]

alwysdreaming09
#82 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 4:20:57 PM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

do you think the match will start exactly 7:00am pst??
merylstr@otenet.gr
#768 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 4:35:12 PM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

No, it depends on how long the other matches will be....
paul_pipkin
#1612 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 5:17:19 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

It's a "not before" deal. There could be a delay if day matches ran over (unlikely, they've alotted five hours fot two day matches) but it won't start earlier than that time. [H]
merylstr@otenet.gr
#769 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 5:29:28 PM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Yep....that's what i meant...but somehow you can express it better than me...weird...[:P]

alwysdreaming09
#83 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 5:33:04 PM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

thanks..i hope there will be no delay and that it will start on exactly 7:00am pst here..because my class is still 11am so i still have time to watch it..so excited.. and one more thing hope tomorrow there will be a good quality stream
paul_pipkin
#1613 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 5:44:56 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

You never know. For the Doha final it got up to speed where it was maybe not great but good--by present streaming standards. The day one matches were between poor and fair--lotsa stop-action images. Life is like a box of chocolates... [:P] lol