logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

198 Pages<1234>»
Live Streams
merylstr@otenet.gr
#760 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 6:32:36 PM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Well well, abellymasha, yes Eurosport is probably the best channel for tennis, but, for me at least, it's also the hardest one to catch in live streaming.......it usually comes slow, small, and the image freezes all the time....

Paul: Yep, delicast will be usefull, as will be wwitv, and i also found another similar site today, but i didn't add it, 'cause it didn't seem useful for today's match...i'll look for it again and post it as one we should keep an eye on in general... The coolstreaming one does have a huge screen, which is a huge plus, but the whole site needs improving - when i pressed Eurosport, i got some 2007 and b4 broadcasts in the TV schedule !!! ... No comment. And, yes, u are right about not being able to gget to one of the links. Thing is : I hev both sites open (this one, and the page i wanna add here as a link), and i write whatever i see (for example www. ....  .com). So, there was a huge line between words that i didn't know how "duplicate" it, so in its position i put an "_" . I clicked on it and it didn't work, so i removed the "_", but still, nothing ! Still don't know.........

One of the links in myp2p today didn't work for me.,,,r u talking about that one?? Yep, al-Dawri didn't work .... shame...logically it would show the tennis...

So, guys, does anyone know about the semis tomorrow?????????????? I really wanna see Pova kick Radwanska's ass - been wanting since the U.S. Open.

Any chance Star Sports r gonna show it??? BTW, it pisses me off unbelievably that there is a perfectly fast and quality link for a men's challenger, and the links for a women's Tier I, and Rotterdam are sh!t......[:@] 

alwysdreaming09
#72 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 6:39:54 PM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

the problem i'm having with the links that is directed to windows media player is that it is slow and freezes up all the time and also sometimes there is no image, i can only hear the audio and i couldn't understand a word of it.

I check myp2p today and on its saturday schedule it didn't show wta qatar open, just the Atp games.

kyute_shana
#473 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 6:48:18 PM(UTC)
kyute_shana

I'm having the same problem too...[N]
alwysdreaming09
#73 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 6:50:22 PM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

from onthebaseline:

Sony Ericsson WTA Tour to Introduce Live Tennis Match Streaming in 2008

One of the biggest roadblocks standing in the way of tennis’ popularity has been its slow ascent into the world of internet technology.

Live scoring, live blogging, and live updates have helped draw more followers to the game, but for many fans, one of the latest Sony Ericsson WTA Tour innovations will help them follow tennis easier and faster than ever before.

The Tour has announced that live, online tennis match streaming will be introduced in the upcoming season.

Speaking after the successful conclusion of the Sony Ericsson Championships in Madrid, Sony Ericsson WTA Tour CEO Larry Scott made the announcement that live streaming of final matches will be available from Tier I tournaments in 2008.

“You are also going to see next year significant activities taking advantage of the emergence of digital technology and the internet,” said Scott when addressing the upcoming changes.

“We are going to be taking our TV pictures and showing more highlights online next year. From each of our Tier I tournaments next year we’ll be live streaming the finals from those events.”

Tournament highlights from the 2007 tennis season are currently available from the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Theater at www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/multimedia/.

Live streaming of Tier I finals will not be the only highly-anticipated change in 2008. The Tour is set to unveil a new advertising campaign, a special version of the Tour website in Chinese, and the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Internet Network - an internet portal which will link tournament and participating player websites.

The Tier I tournaments of the 2008 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour tennis season are the Qatar Total Open, Pacific Life Open, Sony Ericsson Open, Family Circle Cup, Qatar Telecom German Open, Internazionali BNL d’Italia, Rogers Cup presented by National Bank, Toray Pan Pacific Open Tennis Tournament, and the Kremlin Cup.

kyute_shana
#474 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 7:30:08 PM(UTC)
kyute_shana

I can't find anymore links...but I'll keep looking...'bout you guys? Any luck?[:^)]
merylstr@otenet.gr
#761 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 8:07:21 PM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello people! Great news! I went to tennis.com and looked for the tv schedule, and the semis will be shown both from Tennis Channel and Fox Sports Net ! No more low bitrate Eurosport cr*p ! The schedule is this:   

Saturday, February 23

8:00 am - 10:00 am
Qatar Total Open, Doha: Semifinals
Tennis Channel (L)

10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Qatar Total Open, Doha: Seimifinals
Tennis Channel (L)

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Tennis Channel (T)

4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
SAP Open, San Jose: Semifinals
Fox Sports Net (L)

4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Tennis Channel (T)

8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Tennis Channel (T)

10:00 pm - 1:00 am
Fox Sports Net (L)

10:00 pm - 12:00 am
Tennis Channel (T)

L=live T=taped!

Do u kyute_shana and alwysdreaming have a problem with every link that goes to ur media player?? 'Cause one of the sites i found today - the delicast one i think - does have both channels, but it works through media player....

Tell u what....don't worry. I'll search a bit more, and we'll see! I'll check back soon as i get more info...okidoki ?

kyute_shana
#475 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 8:40:11 PM(UTC)
kyute_shana

[quote user="merylstr@otenet.gr"]

Hello people! Great news! I went to tennis.com and looked for the tv schedule, and the semis will be shown both from Tennis Channel and Fox Sports Net ! No more low bitrate Eurosport cr*p ! The schedule is this:   

Saturday, February 23

Tennis Channel (L)

Tennis Channel (L)

Tennis Channel (T)

Fox Sports Net (L)

Tennis Channel (T)

Tennis Channel (T)

Fox Sports Net (L)

Tennis Channel (T)

L=live T=taped!

Do u kyute_shana and alwysdreaming have a problem with every link that goes to ur media player?? 'Cause one of the sites i found today - the delicast one i think - does have both channels, but it works through media player....

Tell u what....don't worry. I'll search a bit more, and we'll see! I'll check back soon as i get more info...okidoki ?

[/quote]

Are those the only channels? What we have here is Star Sports...Balls and ESPN...[:(]

Guess I have to stick to the low bit rate tonight...[:'(] 

paul_pipkin
#1685 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 10:03:39 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
[quote user="alwysdreaming09"]

the problem i'm having with the links that is directed to windows media player is that it is slow and freezes up all the time and also sometimes there is no image, i can only hear the audio and i couldn't understand a word of it.

I check myp2p today and on its saturday schedule it didn't show wta qatar open, just the Atp games.

[/quote]

I think your and shana's problems have less to do with your Media Players and more to do with problems with the streams themselves.

Yeah, I see Qatar has disappeared from Saturday myp2p and I don't know what that means. It was there earlier. Well, if it doesn't come back, it's streams were

mms://89.165.156.131:8091/

and

http://livetv.ru/play/-a...DEvcmVm-aGVjdG9yOjIwOTY1

You can post either of those into Media Player or a browser addy bar that will default to Media Player. So you haven't lost the option, as limited as they are. [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#1600 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 10:15:58 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="alwysdreaming09"]

from onthebaseline:

Tournament highlights from the 2007 tennis season are currently available from the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Theater at www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/multimedia/.

Live streaming of Tier I finals will not be the only highly-anticipated change in 2008. The Tour is set to unveil a new advertising campaign, a special version of the Tour website in Chinese, and the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Internet Network - an internet portal which will link tournament and participating player websites.

The Tier I tournaments of the 2008 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour tennis season are the Qatar Total Open, Pacific Life Open, Sony Ericsson Open, Family Circle Cup, Qatar Telecom German Open, Internazionali BNL d’Italia, Rogers Cup presented by National Bank, Toray Pan Pacific Open Tennis Tournament, and the Kremlin Cup.

[/quote]

Okay, I take this to say that a live stream will be available at the WTA site for the Sunday final from Qatar. [H] We will see. Frankly, I've found the WTA site in general a little cranky every since they began revamping. But I've usually gotten all of its functions to work if I keep trying them long enough. Suggest pulling up their player in a window well ahead of time.

paul_pipkin
#1595 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 10:45:38 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Saturday, February 23

Tennis Channel (L)

Tennis Channel (L)

Tennis Channel (T)

Fox Sports Net (L)

Tennis Channel (T)

Tennis Channel (T)

Fox Sports Net (L)

Tennis Channel (T)

L=live T=taped!

[/quote]

It's not their media players; it's the quality of the streams we're messing with here. On delicast, I'll come back to that. First, I hate to disappoint, but look at this more closely:

Saturday, February 23
8:00 am - 10:00 am Qatar Total Open, Doha: Semifinals Tennis Channel (L)
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Qatar Total Open, Doha: Seimifinals Tennis Channel (L)
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Qatar Total Open, Doha: Semifinals Tennis Channel (T)
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm SAP Open, San Jose: Semifinals Fox Sports Net (L)
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Qatar Total Open, Doha: Semifinals Tennis Channel (T)
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm Qatar Total Open, Doha: Semifinals Tennis Channel (T)
10:00 pm - 1:00 am SAP Open, San Jose: Semifinals Fox Sports Net (L)
10:00 pm - 12:00 am Qatar Total Open, Doha: Semifinals Tennis Channel (T)

Forget Fox. That's not Qatar. (In fact, my FSN local schedule shows no tennis at all, but that may have limited significance.)

Now, I knew all along that The Tennis Channel (US) would have the semis & final, but I don't get TTC. Which brings us to thed question of http://www.delicast.com/tv/sports . As I said before, this is a great resource for the immediate future, most especially those Dutch & German Tennis channels -- but there is no TTC US. They've got our Baseball Channel and Golf Channel, but not "The Tennis Channel".

Sorry to bear bad tidings, but I'm glad you spurred me to look delicast over closely, because we'll be checking back there in the near future, I think, as European clay season, Istanbul, etc come around. [H]

josedz9
#456 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 10:47:19 PM(UTC)
josedz9

Paul thanks alot for all tese streams. My quesiotn is, from all the strems you told us, whuich one is the best to watch Maria? Which oneis th emsot preferable and most adeqaute fror a 250 kbps
Imnumber2
#426 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 11:08:10 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)
thanks Paul!
Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
paul_pipkin
#1602 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 11:34:45 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="josedz9"]Paul thanks alot for all tese streams. My quesiotn is, from all the strems you told us, whuich one is the best to watch Maria? Which oneis th emsot preferable and most adeqaute fror a 250 kbps[/quote]

Through all the many portals we access them, to my knowledge there are actually only two streams.

One is the low bitrate 30-50 kbps stream found through livetv.ru, wwitv.com, myp2p.eu and olthers. wwitv list it as a "UK" Eurosport but it's actually Eurosport France. It's so low-res that you can't increase the screen size without pixilation. Mostly, all you can see are the figures' movements on the court while you get live scores on the side (you can't read anything on the screen.) However, it is easily caught and held. One link to it:

http://livetv.ru/play/-a...DEvcmVm-aGVjdG9yOjIwOTY1

The other is the pbxtelecom.ro stream used by TvAnts, which you can open into Windows Media Player with the protocol:

mms://89.165.156.131:8091/

It is intended as a 250 kbps stream, but I've seen it slow to as little as one-tenth that speed. Hence the stalling. The image is clear, however.

Now, the portal with the big screen that merylstr found IS Also pbxtelecom.ro (though you'd hardly know that from their American infomercials. lol) But it's absolutely great when it doesn't slow down or stall. Find it at:

http://www.coolstreaming..._big.php?id_canale=22601

That's the deal as I know it. Nothing is anywhere near optimal. Hopefully, WTA will have something better for us on Sunday. [H]

paul_pipkin
#1601 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 11:59:51 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Imnumber2"]thanks Paul![/quote]

You are welcome, my friends. [H] Let me suggest y'all bookmark merylstr's find http://www.delicast.com/tv/sports . It may not help us this weekend (I still can't open the al-Dawri link) but if even half those buttons work at any given time, it will get us some tournament action sometime this year.

Plus stuff like: I clicked on the Dutch tennis channel to see if it would open and caught an item of Michaella Krajicek playing some guy (I don't think it was Richard) on what appeared to be a municipal court. How cool it is that? I love to come across stuff like that on the players. [H]

alwysdreaming09
#74 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 1:28:17 AM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

Saturday, February 23

Tennis Channel (L)

Tennis Channel (L)

Tennis Channel (T)

Fox Sports Net (L)

Tennis Channel (T)

Tennis Channel (T)

Fox Sports Net (L)

Tennis Channel (T)

L=live T=taped!

[/quote]

i have fox sports net, and i wish that they have the qatar instead of sap[:(].

alwysdreaming09
#75 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 1:31:17 AM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

the   http://www.delicast.com/tv/sports, i don't see the tennischannel just the eurosport
alwysdreaming09
#76 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 1:51:06 AM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

check this one also..http://www.tennisform.com/default.asp, i think it will also use the media player for doha, and i'm hoping the stream will be better
paul_pipkin
#1596 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 4:53:17 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The Tennisform's hypertext protocol is: 

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:20965

Looks to me like the low-bitrate stream again, but I'll try it at matchtime. Even if the same, I'm happy to get the mms protocol instead of the link through livetv.ru. [H]

kyute_shana
#476 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 5:40:19 AM(UTC)
kyute_shana

A little help with the live streams?

I don't have the channels where the semis will be shown....[:'(]

I guess I'll have to stick to the low-bit rate again....[:'(]

paul_pipkin
#1597 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:27:51 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="kyute_shana"]

A little help with the live streams?

I don't have the channels where the semis will be shown....[:'(]

I guess I'll have to stick to the low-bit rate again....[:'(]

[/quote]

I don't know what to tell you beyond what we've already found, shana. [8-)] Try this: Open the low bitrate in your Media Player through the link at

http://www.tennisform.com/default.asp or by pasting in its protocol: 

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:20965

Open live scores on the side. Then you can at least follow what's going on.

Then play the pbxtelecom.ro 250 kbps stream at http://www.coolstreaming..._big.php?id_canale=22601 to see what it will do today.

Hey, this is what I'm doing today. [H] Hopefully, WTA will have a fine new stream for the final tomorrow.