logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<3637383940>
ROLAND GARROS - Les Internationaux de France 2010 Official thread
CROUCHING TIGER
#176 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 4:49:47 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

Mad Sam smiled. She had done well on Pops' boat. Swift her dagger had cut the throat of the sailor while the good old C4 had done the job. Sam was confident for the fight with the Green Blobwitch. Little did Sam know Pops' had filled her with the Evil Green and once again the Dark Side was activated. Another finger to cut or would Sam be destroyed by the Green Blob?....

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
ilnur86
#332 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 7:17:47 AM(UTC)
ilnur86

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

two Elena for the final!!!!( fingers crossed)

ДАВАЙ ЛЕНОЧКА ВПЕРЕД!!!!  kick that  "macaroni cheese" ass [:P]

paul_pipkin
#528 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 9:17:53 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

Elena's injury becoming critical at this point is tragic. [:'(]

Listen carefully to the yankee sh!t-talkers now & they'll show you exactly what they are. They're desperately regrouping & trying to make nice because of the email at what they've already blurted out. [:@] But they can't help themselves.

In fact, they're mad as hell that the Russian did not take her injury on to the finals so that--while they're not totally keen on Sam (Brad Gilbert sees her victory over Serena as "luck")--they could represent it as a victory over the East. [:P]

Geez, what if Nella is right & Francesca wins the RG? LOL! Y'know, Schiavone has moved back home from London, so they can't even claim it's "really" a Brit thing... 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
fking_crazy
#278 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 10:05:16 AM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I'm speechless! The way Sam disposed of Jankovic is stunning. It seemed so easy. She was kinda playing with a kid. Nothing to see with the matches against Henin and Williams. This is another proof why Jankovic always failed in GS and she will never win a major.

No need to say who is favorite for the title.

Nella
#443 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 12:58:02 PM(UTC)

[quote user="Nella"]

The best news of today is that Stosur WON !  [Y]

Sorry Paul, I go for a final between Stosur and Schiavone with a win for Schiavone.

At the end of her career, a Grand Slam title will be the cream on the cake [^]

[/quote] Wow, did I predict this well ??  I do know a bit about tennis [;)]

Good luck to the both of them !  Well deserved  [

CROUCHING TIGER
#177 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 1:12:05 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Space, the final frontier. "I can't believe it's possible", Sam replied. "U can use the Force of The Wave, Samantha" Kork said. Sam knew he was right, the multi-wave would make her "move" into past and present. Kork asked if she would use it? "Yes,sir" Sam dutifully said. "Good girl u are" he said with a faint smile.  Upset she was when they beamed her back to the future.(published in the "MAD SAM-Chronicles"--AD.3045)

paul_pipkin
#514 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 2:30:01 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Nella"][quote user="Nella"]

The best news of today is that Stosur WON !  [Y]

Sorry Paul, I go for a final between Stosur and Schiavone with a win for Schiavone.

At the end of her career, a Grand Slam title will be the cream on the cake [^]

[/quote] Wow, did I predict this well ??  I do know a bit about tennis [;)]

Good luck to the both of them !  Well deserved  [

[/quote]

I assume you did note my acknowledgement at that time:

[quote user="paul_pipkin"] Elena is playing against injuries & Schiavone is moving very well. That can make the difference especially on clay so you might be right. Still, the record says it can go either way. [/quote]

That was 22 hours ago. Which begs the question why the commentariat found the retirement "shocking"--suggesting she was obliged to call a WTA trainer (like THOSE are real authority [:P]) to satisfy the talking heads she was really injured! Minutes later, Patrick McEnroe got lightheaded and nauseous--no doubt at the volume of "eat sh!t & die" emails and had to take a break.

Yeah, got a little hot in the ESPN commentary booth, it did. So they backed off that crap real quick and ran a ten-minute, pre-canned Carillo piece on injuries--couldn't let Mary comment directly. (They had already had to pull Cold-War Carillo off commentary during the Dementieva-Petrova match when her vitriol overflowed.)

Philli
#587 Posted : Friday, June 04, 2010 2:19:32 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Mad Sam was very pleased with her performance. She had dispatched the Janko Witch with ease. Now there's only one left..the warrior from the land shaped like a boot..  As Sam pondered her next match a man came over to her, 'Hey wanna go waltzing Matilda with me?' he asked in a sly voice.  Sam turned to him, slammed him in the face with her didgery doo, then emptied both barrels of her billydong into him. 'Smart ass' she said.  His crumpled body lay on the ground behind the umpires chair.  Sam waved at the cheering crowd and made her way to the exit. Philli Wan smiled. 'This girl has got real potential' she said to the Henman. 'She'll go far'.
paul_pipkin
#515 Posted : Friday, June 04, 2010 10:21:11 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

No clue with whom Mad Sam likes to go "On the Beach". [;)] Perhaps we'll hear from the venerable and loose-lipped "Lady Margaret of Court" on the subject?

According to Drew Lilley, Francesca said after the semifinal: “I know her (Elena), so I respect her. If she decides to finish (quit), she has for sure some good reason. But anyway, (the match) was (full of) long rallies, and I don't know how she could play the first set.” [:^)]

We know Schiavone doesn't bother herself with the perfection of English. And she is indeed known for a loose grasp of what goes on around her. HOWEVER: If that equivocal last line were taken to suggest commentarial slander of Elena, I would come off my indifference to this final & cheer for Sam. [:|]

CROUCHING TIGER
#170 Posted : Friday, June 04, 2010 12:49:49 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

paul_pipkin
#516 Posted : Friday, June 04, 2010 1:06:40 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tguZGd41fLA [/quote]

Lol! [H] 'Course, I was thinking more like http://www.youtube.com/w...2eqNbF3w&feature=related 

CROUCHING TIGER
#171 Posted : Friday, June 04, 2010 1:22:36 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Crossed my mind when i saw the title of the S. Kramer-anticipation. A classic that one!![Y]

paul_pipkin
#517 Posted : Friday, June 04, 2010 1:52:10 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Crossed my mind when i saw the title of the S. Kramer-anticipation. A classic that one!![Y]
[/quote]

[H] See PM.

paul_pipkin
#518 Posted : Saturday, June 05, 2010 10:03:48 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Nella called it! [H] Congrats to Francesca!

On one level, I kinda gotta get behind this. Schiavone has never been given her due by the commentariat. Not like the hateful contempt they direct at Russians--rather, amused condescension. Decide for yourselves which is more galling. They're still cracking wise. lol! Can't hardly believe it...

Imnumber2
#341 Posted : Saturday, June 05, 2010 10:26:17 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Well deserved for Francesca,  she is the type of player who needs to fight and hustle in other to win and today she did it well.Well deserved!!

Her volleys were great.. a 29 years old nice speech...very happy for her and all Italian friends...!! :)

This is something that I think Maria should add to her to do list: serve and volley, volley more and more. It'd be more easy winning points for Maria as a strong hitter.

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
CROUCHING TIGER
#172 Posted : Saturday, June 05, 2010 10:44:36 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

SAM was there but forgot she had to be MAD. The fierce Italian warrior didn't and honored her "gladiatori"-ancestors. BRAVO FRANCESCA[:D]

fking_crazy
#275 Posted : Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:17:06 PM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Congrats to Schiavo. She made it. I was wrong [:(]. I bet on Sam. I lost my money. Damn you, Sammy.

It's touching to see Francesca's happiness. She almost kissed everybody, including the red dirt [:^)]. Her joy was great. She deserves this victory. I know some of my Italian friends won't sleep tonight. Now they're waiting for Italy to win the Soccer World Cup!

What made the difference in this final? The Aussie power was completely destroyed by the Italian intelligence. If Sam wants to win a GS, she needs to work her backhand! BTW Shiavo's one-handed backhand is not that bad!

Imnumber2
#342 Posted : Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:24:59 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)
[quote user="fking_crazy"]

Congrats to Schiavo. She made it. I was wrong [:(]. I bet on Sam. I lost my money. Damn you, Sammy.

It's touching to see Francesca's happiness. She almost kissed everybody, including the red dirt [:^)]. Her joy was great. She deserves this victory. I know some of my Italian friends won't sleep tonight. Now they're waiting for Italy to win the Soccer World Cup!

What made the difference in this final? The Aussie power was completely destroyed by the Italian intelligence. If Sam wants to win a GS, she needs to work her backhand! BTW Shiavo's one-handed backhand is not that bad!

[/quote]

What kills Sam was the pressure that she didn't know how to handle it.

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
paul_pipkin
#519 Posted : Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:53:53 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Imnumber2"][quote user="fking_crazy"]

[/quote]

What kills Sam was the pressure that she didn't know how to handle it.

[/quote]

There's something to the pressure, I imagine. Sam has come a long way fast. Before the lymes disease, she was "just" a doubles champion. [;)] Well, she's a major contender now.

Still, this is mainly about Francesca. Yeah, sometimes, she can employ that backhand with almost Federer style. Where I've seen her most often melt down is at the net--net the ball when she's right on top of it--or get the ball over & fall into the net herself. Fortunately, she didn't go haywire today. I'm skeptical of "last chance" pronouncements. But I do think she was gonna believe that. With victory at a major, I wouldn't be surprised to see her do a lot more this year. [:)]

fking_crazy
#276 Posted : Saturday, June 05, 2010 3:33:03 PM(UTC)
fking_crazy

[quote user="Imnumber2"]What kills Sam was the pressure that she didn't know how to handle it.[/quote]

Right, but that's not the main reason. All the credits are to Francesca who kept Sam from using her best weapon, her forehand. She played a great tactical match, sending dreadful shots full of spins to Sam's backhand, from everywhere on the court. Her tactic and her permanent movement kept Sam from overpowering her.

It's the first time I've watched a very pleasant women's final in the French Open. Both of them played well. Hope the final gave a good tennis lesson to all the pushers and base line hard hitters.