logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<1920212223>
Beijing China Open, Oct 2 - 10
Philli
#393 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:16:34 PM(UTC)
Philli

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Lesson One.  Real English for Chat Room Junkies.   Many people spend at least 12 hours a day on-line talking in chatrooms to people of mediocre intelligence who never listened to their teachers in school.  To this end, they have developed a language of their own which, to people who DID listen and learn, has become an alternative to correct English or American English as a way to communicate with one another.   Such simple examples are ... U  meaning (correctly spelled) You,  UR meaning You're and URS meaning (correctly spelled) Yours An acknowledgement of understanding is IC  (I see).  Such illiteracy may well be okay in the NET, but in the real world it is wholly unacceptable and would not improve your chances of getting a good job if used on a resumé.

paul_pipkin
#356 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:24:54 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)
[quote user="fking_crazy"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

So what did JJ and Safina get when THEY took Number One?

Nothing but sh!t For the entire time they held it.

[/quote]

So right. Woz is only the third non-Slam player to get to the top ranking after Jankovic and Safina. And I'm not mentioning Mauresmo and Clijsters also Slamless #1s. But they fixed the error later.

I get it now [I]. WTA rewards with honor the first pusher #1 ranked in the female tennis. This is a premiere. Thanks Stacey for encouraging the future tennis pushers. Or maybe WTA just wants to congratulate Woz for her dress and the little yellow pant? [^o)]

[/quote]

Hey, Hound-dawg Verdasco appears to be sniffing after her, so she must be number one, hunh? [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Hamoudi
#255 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:32:27 PM(UTC)
Hamoudi

[quote user="Philli"]

An acknowledgement of understanding is IC  (I see).  Such illiteracy may well be okay in the NET, but in the real world it is wholly unacceptable and would not improve your chances of getting a good job if used on a resumé.

[/quote]

Just for kidding, you know the IC is wholly acceptable term if you are talking about cars you know the intercooler . and in physics too the integrated circuit....cars and physics are important things in our lives  we should know about their ICs 

Hamoudi
#256 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:33:29 PM(UTC)
Hamoudi

^^^^ Hey just call me Mr.Al-Tamimi, just kidding only Ahmed :)

sunstreet
#421 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:43:10 PM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Hi guys i can tell you all one thing. I´ve been into danis tennis for a couple of decades. And we can all diminish everyone else, in order to feel somewhat strong.

I am proud of what wozzy did today, and that´s the bottom line,

I am not about to come up whit excuses or somethin else

It´s a dream come true for danish tennis , and i am proud of her.

But that doesn´t change one important thing for me; and i guess you all have to be inside of me to understand this thing:

When i grew up, loving the game of tennis , i just imagined one thing, how awesome it would be to have a dane as top of the heap, and i knew that would be at far fetch, today it has happened, and i am proud of her, but to be honest, if serena hadn´t been injured she wouldn´t have been where she is right now. That´s the bottom line

And i must admit something else, i would love to see Maria as no. 1. I don´t know if that will make me a bad dane, but honest to god, i cannot wait to see Maria back up there again.

COUNT_ZERO
#87 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:00:14 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[quote user="Philli"]

Lesson One.  Real English for Chat Room Junkies.   Many people spend at least 12 hours a day on-line talking in chatrooms to people of mediocre intelligence who never listened to their teachers in school.  To this end, they have developed a language of their own which, to people who DID listen and learn, has become an alternative to correct English or American English as a way to communicate with one another.   Such simple examples are ... U  meaning (correctly spelled) You,  UR meaning You're and URS meaning (correctly spelled) Yours An acknowledgement of understanding is IC  (I see).  Such illiteracy may well be okay in the NET, but in the real world it is wholly unacceptable and would not improve your chances of getting a good job if used on a resumé.

[/quote]

ok Philli .. first of all i was born and raised in the US ... i have a college degree @ USCL.. what abt u ? .. so dont call me a person of mediocre intelligence..... also here in the US we have something called cell phones and we use something called texting... but well u cant know those things since u are super smart ... btw did u grow up @ Buckingham Palace .. and is ur mom the Queen? ... and hmm i thought this here is a forum or wait as u called it "in the NET"...not a job interview..... i am also 26 year old  if it would make a difference in ur judgement.... but hey ur the smart one here not me..... and maybe me being a trainer @ IMG  is bothering u to much ..... stop trying to be the smart-ass around here cuz ur not!!

Philli
#389 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:05:25 PM(UTC)
Philli

Paul, I apologize for appearing to insult your 'princess'.  It was just something that occured to me when she is always looking to her mother for help when she is in a spot of bother.  I know that she is always a force to reckoned with in any tournament.  There are players like her who will never make it to the top spot, but they should never, for an instance, be underestimated.  Like Nadia and Kuzi, who have also been around for almost a decade, they can give any other player a hard time and should never be written off.  Sad to say, nobody seems to fear Maria anymore and she seems to be easy pickings for practically anybody.  You, like myself, well remember the time when Maria was feared by other players if they got drawn against her.  Those days are long gone.  not so with Dani., or the others.  They are still highly competitive. Again, I apologize.
Philli
#390 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:09:58 PM(UTC)
Philli

Zero, since you ask, I got my Degree at Oxford.  And this is not a text message but I see that U cannot stop using UR text English. OTOH it's probably correct English 2 U. BTW I, personally, never UZ it.
COUNT_ZERO
#84 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:15:36 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="Philli"]Zero, since you ask, I got my Degree at Oxford.  And this is not a text message but I see that U cannot stop using UR text English. OTOH it's probably correct English 2 U. BTW I, personally, never UZ it.[/quote]

the way i write here is the way it should be written between friends and the way it's written on forums.. and yeah i could realize that u are a Brit...only they can come and correct the English we (american) speak 

COUNT_ZERO
#85 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:19:52 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

again as i said in my opinion this is correct English for this forum ... nothing wrong with it ... but hey who said that i write like this when i do my job!!! or wait i forgot .. i am just a stupid american guy ( in your British vision).....

Philli
#391 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:25:09 PM(UTC)
Philli

During World War 2 prior to Normandy, The English had a saying about GIs.  They said there are 3 things wrong with them.. They are over paid, over sexed, and over here.

Personally I have nothing against Americans.  I think everybody should own one.

paul_pipkin
#360 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:27:38 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="sunstreet"]

Hi guys i can tell you all one thing. I´ve been into danis tennis for a couple of decades. And we can all diminish everyone else, in order to feel somewhat strong.

I am proud of what wozzy did today, and that´s the bottom line,

I am not about to come up whit excuses or somethin else

It´s a dream come true for danish tennis , and i am proud of her.

But that doesn´t change one important thing for me; and i guess you all have to be inside of me to understand this thing:

When i grew up, loving the game of tennis , i just imagined one thing, how awesome it would be to have a dane as top of the heap, and i knew that would be at far fetch, today it has happened, and i am proud of her, but to be honest, if serena hadn´t been injured she wouldn´t have been where she is right now. That´s the bottom line

And i must admit something else, i would love to see Maria as no. 1. I don´t know if that will make me a bad dane, but honest to god, i cannot wait to see Maria back up there again.

[/quote]

I quite understand you, sunstreet. And I respect that. [H] I knew that the personal exception you take to Caroline does not diminisg national pride--and it shouldn't. Caro IS Danish, must be designated as such, and that's how the general public will perceive her--even here. That's good.

Because--and I say this to you FYI in the same spirit as the things you and Tiger tell us, things Yank media won't repeat--the tennis establishment over here gives Danish tennis no credit for Wozniacki whatsoever. The mouthpieces point instead to Piotr's background & claim it's all about "Polish blood". I dunno why that is. Maybe cultivation of vassals & indifference towards neutrals? At the USO, they tried to work in a "somehow about US" thread on the strength of Serena presumably doing her nails, if you can believe that. [:^)] Who can fathom the mind of the commentariat?

Tell you what: For the record, I will definitely applaud the accomplishment of Danish tennis. [

Philli
#392 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:32:27 PM(UTC)
Philli

Wozniacki deserves top spot

Eurosport Thu Oct 07 04:14PM

Congratulations to Caroline Wozniacki for taking over from Serena Williams as the new world number one.

She has been the most consistent of all those players and deserves to be world number one.

I say consistently the best but I mean consistently the best out of those players who've played a lot this year.

Is she the best player in the world? No. Serena Williams is the best player in the world and Kim Clijsters is probably second best.

But Wozniacki has been the most consistent player and won enough big matches and has worked so hard to get where she is, she deserves to be ranked number one in the world under this system.

For a variety of reasons Serena hasn't earned enough points to be number one and I think people should be able to separate the two things; there's the best player in the world and there's the number one player in the world. We all know why that's happened.

COUNT_ZERO
#86 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:58:57 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="Philli"]

Congratulations to Caroline Wozniacki for taking over from Serena Williams as the new world number one.

She has been the most consistent of all those players and deserves to be world number one.

I say consistently the best but I mean consistently the best out of those players who've played a lot this year.

Is she the best player in the world? No. Serena Williams is the best player in the world and Kim Clijsters is probably second best.

But Wozniacki has been the most consistent player and won enough big matches and has worked so hard to get where she is, she deserves to be ranked number one in the world under this system.

For a variety of reasons Serena hasn't earned enough points to be number one and I think people should be able to separate the two things; there's the best player in the world and there's the number one player in the world. We all know why that's happened.

[/quote]

Yes we know what you mean here Philli .. and surprisingly i can agree with you about "For a variety of reasons Serena hasn't earned enough points to be number one and I think people should be able to separate the two things; there's the best player in the world and there's the number one player in the world. We all know why that's happened."

But again in today's world we consider the best player in the world the same with the number one ranked player. That's how it is .... so number one in the world means best player in the world at this point in time ....

anyhow i still keep my point of view that Caroline is not, at least for me, a real number one. Her tennis might be consistent from the point of view of defense, because she lacks of the rest, and i mean here offensive play. Anyhow she is far from being a complete player, which means consistent in offensive as well as defensive play.It seems today you don't need to be a complete player anymore in order to become number one.. at lest in womens tennis. 

That's how i see it. And about all the fuzz around her today .. i honestly didn't watch it because i was on the plane back to FL.. but still it is a little overrated... don't worry "Sunshine" because you will not keep your number one spot to long .... YEC coming soon and i expect Serena to take over top spot.

Nella
#318 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:59:29 PM(UTC)

[quote user="Philli"]

[/quote] Don't make me laugh !!  [:'(]
paul_pipkin
#357 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 3:07:51 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Philli"]Paul, I apologize for appearing to insult your 'princess'.  It was just something that occured to me when she is always looking to her mother for help when she is in a spot of bother.  I know that she is always a force to reckoned with in any tournament.  There are players like her who will never make it to the top spot, but they should never, for an instance, be underestimated.  Like Nadia and Kuzi, who have also been around for almost a decade, they can give any other player a hard time and should never be written off.  Sad to say, nobody seems to fear Maria anymore and she seems to be easy pickings for practically anybody.  You, like myself, well remember the time when Maria was feared by other players if they got drawn against her.  Those days are long gone.  not so with Dani., or the others.  They are still highly competitive. Again, I apologize.[/quote]

Accepted. If you were listening to British Eurosport for that match, I'm gonna put some VIEWS on that little swish Bowers on Trash-Talk Update directly. [;)] She's not asking for help--that's silly. It's what she does instead of smashing racquets--she shouts, Vera stares back. They've done it for fourteen years, so why do effete commentators take exception now? Sure, Elena would like to reach number one, or win a major. But she's been around too long & is too shrewd to believe that will buy any respect that wasn't already out there. Anyone respect Francesca more? Hell no.

Any major or two she might win pales beside the Olympic Gold--a FAR more exclusive club. And actually more appropriate, for she is not a princess, she is an angel, an avatar of Rodina. She is the soul of Russia. I'm not the only one to notice. Check it out, you don't need Russian to "get it." [H]

Igor Nikolaev - Kak Ty Prekrasna (with Elena Dementieva)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBq-cJt0gUs

nazarik
#310 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 5:40:30 PM(UTC)
nazarik

^ Yes,good reply,Paul,Elena has an army of fans in Russia and Ukraine and all around former USSR,and I m shure all around the world,she  is an outstanding tennis player,she is in the top ten for more than a decade now,which is an amazing result[H]

P.S. Nikolayev is highly popular composer and singer, he has more than 30 hits to his credit,this song was in top ten in the charts couple of years ago and the video is great, Lena looks  amazing, I watched this video on Russian and Ukranian music channels more than twenty times[Y] 

Mashafan124
#297 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:10:38 PM(UTC)

Now we have to wait until 2011 to see her play again. I hope that instead of playing that dumb Hong Kong Tennis Exhibition, she plays a warm-up tournament in Sydney or something, so that she can gain points and some confidence. The rest of this year is going to be so boring for me.
paul_pipkin
#358 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:43:39 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="nazarik"]

^ Yes,good reply,Paul,Elena has an army of fans in Russia and Ukraine and all around former USSR,and I m shure all around the world,she  is an outstanding tennis player,she is in the top ten for more than a decade now,which is an amazing result[H]

P.S. Nikolayev is highly popular composer and singer, he has more than 30 hits to his credit,this song was in top ten in the charts couple of years ago and the video is great, Lena looks  amazing, I watched this video on Russian and Ukranian music channels more than twenty times[Y] 

[/quote]

I hadn't known of him until I saw that video. Now I know he's a big tennis fan--at Kremlin Cup the cameras will go to him in the tribunes several times. [8-|]

paul_pipkin
#359 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:48:13 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Mashafan124"]Now we have to wait until 2011 to see her play again. I hope that instead of playing that dumb Hong Kong Tennis Exhibition, she plays a warm-up tournament in Sydney or something, so that she can gain points and some confidence. The rest of this year is going to be so boring for me.[/quote]

Sydney, yeah. [Y] Or go play Auckland! Elena has played there and the Kiwis would be thrilled to have Masha. [H]