logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages<1234>»
Laura Robson!! :)
mashadabest
#117 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:37:52 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Benesova--Robson 1-6/6-2/6-3 [:(][/quote]

I was really sad that Laura didn't win that match, but she did play well.  Well I didn't actually see the match but from the score I think she must have played pretty well.  And for her to win the first set off a player ranked more than 500 places above her in the rankings is fantastic!!

Anyway she is still in the doubles at Luxembourg, so Goooo Laura!!! [;)]

CROUCHING TIGER
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:53:34 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)
Yeah, that's what Paul said also. At least her future looks a lot brighter then Wickmayer's, "the new Belgian hope", who did as usual...LOOSE BIG[:@]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:56:24 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]I think they've reset some of these forums to delete inactive threads... Wickmayer will meet Groenefeld then Mauresmo. She has a chance to get to the quarters (where it's probably Lenochka. [:P]...)[/quote] Well, she did it again. SCHAAP knows at least what to do with his lost SHEEP[H]

mashadabest
#118 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:05:32 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Yeah, that's what Paul said also. At least her future looks a lot brighter then Wickmayer's, "the new Belgian hope", who did as usual...LOOSE BIG[:@][/quote]

Oh wow I didn't know that Belgium had a new women's player!!  Well hopefully she will be as successful as Kim and Justine were!! [;)]

CROUCHING TIGER
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:22:11 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I doubt that SO VERY MUCH[^o)]

mashadabest
#119 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:25:29 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

Hahaha oh c'mon Tiger have a bit of faith in her!!  She may surprise you!  I don't normally hear of that many Belgian players, but the ones I have heard of have been amazing players, so she may be the same!! [:)]
CROUCHING TIGER
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:37:49 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

U clearly don't know Miss Wickmayer. U know they don't like her very much in Belgium 'cos she adores Masha and has somewhat the same profile? She's also the "babe"-type they say 'bout her. Don't agree with that!!

mashadabest
#120 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:48:13 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

Ohhh nooo I feel bad for her now - it can't be nice that people in her own country don't like her much! [:(]  Well I am glad that she adores Masha!!  Good luck to her - hope she does well!
paul_pipkin
#169 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:52:33 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Yeaaah... [:^)] I don't quite see the babe-factor, either. She is nice-looking, sure, but not of that sort. Oh well, I'm not convinced public adulation is all that good a thing, especially while a player is developing, y'know?

Talking about Yanina there. Now, Laura--she's only getting started. Like, now she goes back into Juniors work for awhile longer, and is thus somewhat defended from the media vultures.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:58:55 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Yeaaah... [:^)] I don't quite see the babe-factor, either. She is nice-looking, sure, but not of that sort. Oh well, I'm not convinced public adulation is all that good a thing, especially while a player is developing, y'know?

Talking about Yanina there. Now, Laura--she's only getting started. Like, now she goes back into Juniors work for awhile longer, and is thus somewhat defended from the media vultures.

[/quote] Agree, she's not Anastasia or "that sort" but she's good-looking, tall and blablabla... Mentally she's TOO busy trying to mimic those "real babes" and i'm sure it affects her when she plays. C'mon, a 5-2 u don't give away like that. Work for Schaap, lots of work[H]

paul_pipkin
#170 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:46:59 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)
[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote] Agree, she's not Anastasia or "that sort" but she's good-looking, tall and blablabla... Mentally she's TOO busy trying to mimic those "real babes" and i'm sure it affects her when she plays. C'mon, a 5-2 u don't give away like that. Work for Schaap, lots of work[H][/quote]

Um-humh. I see. Yes, a player who has come to the game for the glam has taken a wrong turn. There are fine players who, bless their hearts, shouldn't attempt the glam-game at all--on whom it actually comes off a little creepy. Some, like Elena, can pull it off in addition to the real deal. (Ironically, it's very probably Lenochka's history of being screwed by the press that gives her the perspective to handle it.)

I mean, Yanina just turned 19, for god's sake! Schaap needs to persuade her she's gonna look as fine (likely better) in a year or two--time enough for sexploitation then.

Easier for Laura. She knows she's still a kid. Even so, I bet her folks and her agent have beat the vultures off with a stick already. [:P]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#20 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 6:29:15 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I think Schaap will do his job very well. Today i read something on ceefax Wicky said after her desastrous first set : "i used hittin' the balls very hard, in the future i'll hit them WITH control" LOL

tgj92
#214 Posted : Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:37:53 AM(UTC)
tgj92

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Robson wins maiden senior title

Laura Robson
Robson does not turn 15 until 21 January 2009

British teenager Laura Robson won her
first senior title when she defeated compatriot Samantha Vickers at the
LTA women's event in Sunderland.

Robson, 14, beat the 17-year-old Vickers 6-3 6-2 in Sunday's final.

The International Tennis Federation-sanctioned event is the
lowest level in women's tennis, with a total prize fund of US$10,000.

The Junior Wimbledon champion made her WTA Tour debut last month, losing to world number 42 Iveta Benesova.

The wildcard in Luxembourg saw Robson become the
youngest Briton to play in a main tour event and earned her a first
world ranking of 550, which had slipped to 559 before her win in
Sunderland.

Robson had previously played three events on the second tier of
professional tennis in the wake of her stunning victory at the All
England Club in July.

She made her debut on the ITF circuit in France in September
and then beat three opponents to reach the semi-finals in Shrewsbury,
before losing to Germany's Angelique Kerber in the first round in
Barnstaple.

Her run in Sunderland began with a 6-3 6-3 win over 16-year-old
compatriot Stephanie Cornish, followed by a 6-3 6-3 defeat of
23-year-old Croatian Matea Mezak.

Robson then beat 20-year-old Romanian Laura-Ioana Andrei 6-7
(7-9) 6-4 7-5 in the quarter-finals, and 16-year-old fellow Briton Tara
Moore 6-3 6-3 in the last four.
nicoletto
#140 Posted : Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:52:24 AM(UTC)
nicoletto

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[quote user="tgj92"]

Laura Robson

British teenager Laura Robson won her first senior title when she defeated compatriot Samantha Vickers at the LTA women's event in Sunderland.

The International Tennis Federation-sanctioned event is the lowest level in women's tennis, with a total prize fund of US$10,000.

The Junior Wimbledon champion made her WTA Tour debut last month, losing to world number 42 Iveta Benesova.

The wildcard in Luxembourg saw Robson become the youngest Briton to play in a main tour event and earned her a first world ranking of 550, which had slipped to 559 before her win in Sunderland.

Robson had previously played three events on the second tier of professional tennis in the wake of her stunning victory at the All England Club in July.

She made her debut on the ITF circuit in France in September and then beat three opponents to reach the semi-finals in Shrewsbury, before losing to Germany's Angelique Kerber in the first round in Barnstaple.

Her run in Sunderland began with a 6-3 6-3 win over 16-year-old compatriot Stephanie Cornish, followed by a 6-3 6-3 defeat of 23-year-old Croatian Matea Mezak.

Robson then beat 20-year-old Romanian Laura-Ioana Andrei 6-7 (7-9) 6-4 7-5 in the quarter-finals, and 16-year-old fellow Briton Tara Moore 6-3 6-3 in the last four.[/quote]

I'm shure she'll be next Sharapova....winning Wimbly in next 3,4 years for shure. She's amazing.....I still can't believe, SHE's YOUNGER THAB ME!!!!

mashadabest
#133 Posted : Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:59:12 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="tgj92"]

Laura Robson

British teenager Laura Robson won her first senior title when she defeated compatriot Samantha Vickers at the LTA women's event in Sunderland.

The International Tennis Federation-sanctioned event is the lowest level in women's tennis, with a total prize fund of US$10,000.

The wildcard in Luxembourg saw Robson become the youngest Briton to play in a main tour event and earned her a first world ranking of 550, which had slipped to 559 before her win in Sunderland.

Robson had previously played three events on the second tier of professional tennis in the wake of her stunning victory at the All England Club in July.

She made her debut on the ITF circuit in France in September and then beat three opponents to reach the semi-finals in Shrewsbury, before losing to Germany's Angelique Kerber in the first round in Barnstaple.

Her run in Sunderland began with a 6-3 6-3 win over 16-year-old compatriot Stephanie Cornish, followed by a 6-3 6-3 defeat of 23-year-old Croatian Matea Mezak.

Robson then beat 20-year-old Romanian Laura-Ioana Andrei 6-7 (7-9) 6-4 7-5 in the quarter-finals, and 16-year-old fellow Briton Tara Moore 6-3 6-3 in the last four.[/quote]

OMG!!!!  Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!  This is great news!!!  Ohhhhh CONGRATULATIONS Laura!!!! [

Svetlio
#181 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:06:59 PM(UTC)

does anybody know wher Laura is plaing next(junior or wta)? Shewithdrawn from her third round match at orange ball !!!

butterflywings
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:03:43 PM(UTC)
butterflywings

Laura Robson is a doubt for Australian Open

Laura Robson's management team will take an "overly cautious" approach after the Wimbledon girls' champion tore a stomach muscle to put her place in the junior version of next month's Australian Open at Melbourne Park in doubt.

Robson, fifth in the world junior rankings, and easily the youngest in the top 25, skipped the girls' tournament at the US Open, so the Australian Open would be her first junior grand slam since her success on the All England Club grass.

The 14-year-old Londoner, who has dabbled in the senior game this year, including winning her first title at a low level and making a wild-card appearance in a main tour event in Luxembourg, sustained the injury while playing in a junior event in Florida, and had to default from her third-round match at the Orange Bowl.

Robson's agent, Abigail Tordoff of Octagon, said that her client had a slight stomach tear, and that they will ensure that she gets plenty of rest before she begins preparations for the Australian Open after Christmas.

Get well soon, Laura!

mashadabest
#121 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:51:08 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="butterflywings"]

Laura Robson is a doubt for Australian Open

Laura Robson's management team will take an "overly cautious" approach after the Wimbledon girls' champion tore a stomach muscle to put her place in the junior version of next month's Australian Open at Melbourne Park in doubt.

Robson, fifth in the world junior rankings, and easily the youngest in the top 25, skipped the girls' tournament at the US Open, so the Australian Open would be her first junior grand slam since her success on the All England Club grass.

The 14-year-old Londoner, who has dabbled in the senior game this year, including winning her first title at a low level and making a wild-card appearance in a main tour event in Luxembourg, sustained the injury while playing in a junior event in Florida, and had to default from her third-round match at the Orange Bowl.

Robson's agent, Abigail Tordoff of Octagon, said that her client had a slight stomach tear, and that they will ensure that she gets plenty of rest before she begins preparations for the Australian Open after Christmas.

Get well soon, Laura!

[/quote]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!  [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(]  This can't be happening!!  First Masha missing the US Open and now Laura may miss the Aussie Open!!  I really hope she manages to play - she has a fantastic chance to win another slam, well I thought she did until I heard about this injury!!! [:(]

Get well soon Laura and go and win the AO for us!!!!

Sophie 422
#180 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 5:01:44 PM(UTC)
Sophie 422

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

NOOOOO Laura!! [:'(] [:|] dammit!! :@

and i wanted to cheer for Laura [:'(]  get wel soon Lau!!

Miembro dsd el 16/01/08
nicoletto
#141 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 5:19:13 AM(UTC)
nicoletto

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Get well soon Laura we're cheering for you.