logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<23456>»
Maria Kirilenko
giane
#66 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:50:50 AM(UTC)
giane

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
but she's good making it to the 3rd round! congratulations!!
mashadabest
#115 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:06:01 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

Ooh well I disagree about the gesture - I thought she was trying to tell the crowd to calm down a bit, and not celebrate too much.  Doesn't it show what a good friend she is to Masha that she would do something like that for her?  I mean even after she got the biggest win of her career, she was not thinking about herself, but instead thinking about how her friend would be feeling. [:^)]  Anyways that's how I saw it, and it made me love her even more! [:)]

Congrats for making it through to round 2 Kiri - keep goinggggg!

giane
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:11:42 AM(UTC)
giane

yeah.. u have the point.. u have ur opinion.. i think i should now... better go with ur opinion about that gesture.. it's kinda on a positive way.. like it! with that thanks.. my outlook regarding that gesture had been changed by urs.. :) kindhearted she is!
mashadabest
#116 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:03:24 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

A quote from Kiri's interview:

Q. What did you think of Maria's outfit or costume? Do you ever pay attention to things like that?

MARIA KIRILENKO: It was blue, I think, like POWERade. I mean, yeah, what can I say? Was good dress. She always have a nice dresses. I think I always have a nice dresses, as well.

But I change from Stella from US Open, and still I think they did making good clothes for me, so colorful. I'm really comfortable in that, as well.

LOL it was blue like powerade haha funny!

shrapi
#221 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:31:10 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
She can really be deeply grateful to Masha, this coup made her famous.
paul_pipkin
#173 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:03:00 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Oh, Kiri owes Masha for a lot more than that--and vise versa--over many years. Y'know, Kiri was Masha's only friend at the academy while the little Western tennis brats treated her like crap. (Including a certain Serb who oughta have known better, even then. [;)])

They are somewhat like sisters.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#174 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2010 12:16:29 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Before her withdrawal, Safina looked dangerous in the opening game of the match as she came out charging, breaking Kirilenko’s serve with a powerful backhand cross-court winner. She continued to apply pressure on Kirilenko’s serve in the third game, pushing her far behind the baseline as she could with deep groundstrokes. The second seed had a chance to gain a double break, but could not convert as Kirilenko held, securing the game with a forehand volley winner.

In an intense sixth game, Kirilenko worked Safina hard, ramping up the pressure on her compatriot. The 58th-ranked Kirilenko blew her chances to break as Safina managed to stave off six break points, eventually holding her serve with a smash to lead 4-2.

Kirilenko, who upset Maria Sharapova in the first round, clawed her way back into the match, winning the next three games to jump to a 5-4 lead. With Kirilenko at set point, Safina suddenly walked off the court, retiring from the match.

Post-match, Kirilenko said that she was left with bittersweet feelings after making the final eight of a major for the first time.

“Yeah, I mean, of course it's nice [to reach the quarter-final]. I'm first time actually in the quarter-final. But I prefer, you know, to win and get ‑ like to win all match and get to the quarter-final than to win like this,” Kirilenko said.

Kirilenko, who turns 23 tomorrow, [^] will meet China’s Jie Zheng, who is the first Chinese player ever to make the Australian Open singles quarter-finals. Zheng holds a 4-1 head-to-head lead over the Russian, and has won their past three encounters.

mashadabest
#117 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2010 4:33:31 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

I can't believe Kiri is in a quarter final of a Grand Slam!!! [:O]  I've waited so long to see her go far in a Slam, so happy it's finally happening!  I pray that she can kick Zheng's butt outta there, but I still keep thinking she's gonna get knocked out every time she plays. [:S] Anyways good luck girl - go for the title!!!!
paul_pipkin
#175 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:59:00 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Maria Kirilenko, did your left leg hinder you at all at the match? You had the trainer out there.
In the beginning, I didn’t feel it. Then after three games, like we had such long points. I start to feel it in my right leg. Then the physio taped my right leg. Then after the break, the five minutes’ break, I start to feel it on the left again. I was kind of feeling pain everywhere. But, I know that I lost not because of my pain in my legs, just because she was playing much better than me today.

What makes her (Zheng) a tough opponent?
She was running very well. I thought that I’m making winners, and she’s there. Maybe I had to come more to the net today because on the baseline, I didn’t have a chance. Plus for me was difficult to move. She was moving great, without any mistakes.

Is there anything you can take out of this tournament for the future, for the rest of the year?
Of course, it’s first time I reach the quarterfinal. I think it’s the best what I did in the Grand Slam. It was nice tournament for me.

Do you think she’s the fastest mover on the tour? How quick is she?
There is some girls who is also fast as her, like Dementieva. I think they’re kind of similar, you know, moving on court. You need to do something different. If you feel that you losing on the baseline, you need to change something. But, I tried. I tried to come to the net. But, she was just good today.

You played doubles yesterday. Because of your injury now, was it a mistake?
Well, if I would feel bad, I would not play doubles. Physio, they did really good tape. I said to my partner (A Radwanska), « So I’m not going to run too much in the doubles, just help me a lot ». She was help me actually a lot. I could sit on the bench and you could play without me (laughter). I didn’t hurt myself at all in doubles yesterday.

Was it a hip, hamstring or thigh? What was hurting?
It’s hamstrings, it’s between my legs.

http://www.mariakirilenko.com/ 

birthday [^] after doubles at MCA

Kikri will next play Pattaya City in Thailand.

mashadabest
#118 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:20:09 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Maria Kirilenko, did your left leg hinder you at all at the match? You had the trainer out there.
In the beginning, I didn’t feel it. Then after three games, like we had such long points. I start to feel it in my right leg. Then the physio taped my right leg. Then after the break, the five minutes’ break, I start to feel it on the left again. I was kind of feeling pain everywhere. But, I know that I lost not because of my pain in my legs, just because she was playing much better than me today.

[/quote]

Awww she's so nice, not to use her injury as an excuse. [:)]

You played doubles yesterday. Because of your injury now, was it a mistake?
Well, if I would feel bad, I would not play doubles. Physio, they did really good tape. I said to my partner (A Radwanska), « So I’m not going to run too much in the doubles, just help me a lot ». She was help me actually a lot. I could sit on the bench and you could play without me (laughter). I didn’t hurt myself at all in doubles yesterday.

[/quote]

LOL she's funny! [H]

paul_pipkin
#176 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:56:32 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The news still has Kiri bound for Pattaya, but her webpage says not:

Hello everybody!

Thank you to all you for visiting my website. I have read all your emails in Australia !!!

Thank you a lot for such a kind words and for supporting me !

Tomorrow I am going back home to Moscow, and will get some energy there. I’ll not play in Pattaya but I’ll continue to make you happy soon on the tournaments !

Maria

The Thais will be sad. [:(]

Wimbly '08 booty shot from Pattaya Daily News.

giane
#68 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:13:22 AM(UTC)
giane

until what round was kiri?!
paul_pipkin
#177 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:19:36 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Lost to Zheng Jie in the quarterfinals--Kiri's best run at a major ever. [H]
giane
#69 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:21:04 AM(UTC)
giane

glad that she reached the quarterfinals.. :)
mashadabest
#119 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:52:11 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

The news still has Kiri bound for Pattaya, but her webpage says not:

Hello everybody!

Thank you to all you for visiting my website. I have read all your emails in Australia !!!

Thank you a lot for such a kind words and for supporting me !

Tomorrow I am going back home to Moscow, and will get some energy there. I’ll not play in Pattaya but I’ll continue to make you happy soon on the tournaments !

Maria

The Thais will be sad. [:(]

Wimbly '08 booty shot from Pattaya Daily News.

[/quote]

She has such a pretty face and they show a picture of her ass. [^o)]

paul_pipkin
#178 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:56:47 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

That was just one of a set:

And those weren't the lead picture. http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/01/19/%E2%80%9Cmaria%E2%80%9D-kirilenko-plans-early-arrival-in-pattaya/ 

But she does have a pretty ass, as well. [8-|]

mashadabest
#120 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 12:02:57 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Ahhh ok I like the lead picture. [:)]  Btw I bet Adidas are kicking themselves for dropping Kiri from Stella's Adidas clothing line, especially cos she got further in the Aussie Open than Caroline did. [:P]
paul_pipkin
#179 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 12:26:02 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Correct. That's what they get for being jerks.

(I've meant to tell you: Dollhouse just wrapped up in the States after a two-season run. It's possible it might get reincarnated in a cable venue--where it probably should have been in the first place. Anyway, Dichen Lachman had a big role in the finale. The series has given her a fine introduction to the Yankee market, if that's what she chooses to work. [H])

mashadabest
#121 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 12:51:04 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Oh awesome!  Thanks for the news Paul.  So cool seeing a Tibetan doing well.  Although she was born in Nepal as far as I can remember, but she is of Tibetan descent or something. [H] Anyways there haven't been any famous Tibetans before, well apart The Dalai Lama obviously.  Hope she goes onto greater things, and it would be cool if they brought that show over to the UK, although I probably wouldn't like it, since I think it's sci-fi. [:|] Although "Heroes" is a sci-fi series and I watch that, so you never know. [:)]
paul_pipkin
#180 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:51:00 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="mashadabest"]Oh awesome!  Thanks for the news Paul.  So cool seeing a Tibetan doing well.  Although she was born in Nepal as far as I can remember, but she is of Tibetan descent or something. [H] Anyways there haven't been any famous Tibetans before, well apart The Dalai Lama obviously.  Hope she goes onto greater things, and it would be cool if they brought that show over to the UK, although I probably wouldn't like it, since I think it's sci-fi. [:|] Although "Heroes" is a sci-fi series and I watch that, so you never know. [:)]
[/quote]

Quasi-scifi. Literarily, we would call it "slipstream". Yeah, you'd like it. Lead was Eliza Dushku (Albanian descent. [;)])

Dushku: on Buffy, Angel, starred in Tru Calling, several movies.