logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

19 Pages<12345>»
RUSSIAN NEW TALENTS (FEMALE)
paul_pipkin
#101 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 11:11:16 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)
Actually, that's Daria Gavrilova who resembles Kiri. I put the names under the pictures. [H]
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#102 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 6:04:47 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

BBC Sport confirms: "2145: Mixed news from the girls' semi-finals as Heather Watson thrashes Daria Gavrilova 6-3 6-0, but Laura Robson goes down 1-6 6-3 7-5 to Buchina of Russia. It's still raining by the way."

(The Juniors are being played now in an indoor facility outside of soggy New York, BTW)

Yana Buchina will meet Watson in the final on Sunday, Court 7 at noon Eastern. The doubles final will follow:

Court 7 12:00 Start Time (16:00 GMT)
1. Junior Girls' Singles - Finals
Yana Buchina (RUS) v. Heather Watson (GBR)[11]

2. Junior Girls' Doubles - Finals
Elena Bogdan (ROU)[3]                       v.       Valeria Solovieva (RUS)
Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA)[3]               Maryna Zanevska (UKR)

Yana Buchina

paul_pipkin
#103 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:59:51 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Well, Yana lost to Heather

Junior Girls' Singles - Finals
  Heather Watson(GBR)[11] def.   Yana Buchina(RUS)
  6-4 6-1

but the Russian-Ukranian duo won the doubles: [H]

Junior Girls' Doubles - Finals
  Valeria Solovieva(RUS) /       Elena Bogdan(ROU)[3] /
  Maryna Zanevska(UKR)      def. Noppawan Lertcheewakarn(THA)[3]
  1-6 6-3 [10-7]

Valeria Solovieva                                                    Maryna Zanevska

Dartagnan
#28 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2009 8:26:26 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

We have to recognize that Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova  is a new Talent defeating the strongest tennis players.

Russia's Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova acknowledges the audience after she beat Venus Williams of U.S.. at the China Open Tennis Tournament in Beijing, Chin - Monday October 5, 11:39 AM

The 18-year-old world number 39 refused to be awed by Williams and dominated the last two sets of the 132-minute contest.

She also beat the seven-times Grand Slam winner in Tokyo last Monday.

"She played really well, unfortunately sometimes I made errors too soon in the play," Williams, 29, said.

"She started way aggressive today," Pavlyuchenkova said. "She wanted to kill me, I guess."

The Russian raced through the second set, wobbled a bit losing her serve to love at 5-2 in the third, but held her nerve to serve out for the match two games later.

"I had nothing to lose," Pavlyuchenkova added. "I just tried to move her around as much as I could, just hit as hard as I could in the court and just enjoy the match."

Congratulations Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Russia's Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova acknowledges the audience after she beat Venus Williams of U.S. at the China Open Tennis Tournament in Beijing, Chin

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#104 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2009 4:43:52 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Wednesday is indeed All-Russian day at the Round of 16 in Beijing. In addition to the big names in the Lotus, Nastya will play the Canadian on Court 1. Probably little chance of stream on that match, but spare her a thought

Court 1 (from 11.00hrs) (03:00 GMT) [23:00 TUE Eastern US]
1. ATP: Blake/Ram vs. Fyrstenberg/Matkowski
2. Aleksandra Wozniak vs. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Davaiii!!! [H] All Russians to the quarterfinals!!!

Nastya wins 64 64 to set up an all-Slav'sya Quarterfinal where she awaits either Kuzi or Alona B. Big Smile That could have been 64 61 except for--you guessed it--failure to close... Stick out tongue

But what the hell. She won. Party!!!

Russia's Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova acknowledges the audience after she beat Venus Williams of U.S. at the China Open Tennis Tournament in Beijing, Chin 

paul_pipkin
#105 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2009 3:50:15 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

For whatever reason, the sovsport.ru website is more difficult than most for online translators. But, since the Western press is so obviously committed to ignore young Russian players, and because she mentions Masha, I took some time on this one. Some lines are still kinda hincky. If I wasn't sure I could polish a line properly, I left it alone. You can get the sense of most of them:

Валерия Соловьева Valeria Solovieva (RUS) (right) & partner Marina Zanevskaya (UKR).

Источник: Советский Спорт Source: Soviet Sport ТЕННИС TENNIS

НЕЗНАКОМАЯ ЗВЕЗДА UNKNOWN STAR

And yet we have a champion in New York. The victory won "on the check box", where not expected. Meet the winner of the U.S. Open in junior doubles Valeria Solovieva from Saratov.

They lost the first set of the final to an international pair of Bogdan / Lertcheevakarn (Romania / Thailand) It looked hopeless.  Who would have thought that after the murderous 1:6 you could so quickly get over that but in the next set, there were only three unforced errors between the two.  As a result - 6:3 and the third a shorter set, a junior who played in the manner of an adult tiebreak only to ten points. Creating a reserve of four match points, inexperienced Rossiyanka Valeria Solovieva and Ukrainian Marina Zanevskaya put the point in the game, only the third time.

They received the precious trophy and confounded all to thank the organizers and the audience in English. Only an hour after the battle on the court at the official press conference, it appears that the winner, breaking waves, perfectly expresses itself in foreign and native language.

"Oh, and I have been here once!" - Admires Lera, the lowest-ranked in the tournament room for an interview. "Wow, must necessarily take pictures here!" Funny that in 16 years of tennis are to communicate with the press, as the holiday. It is unlikely that they represent, that soon, with the first successes in the adult tour, contact with the media will turn into heavy labor.

What came over you in the second set?

"I take the moment in the life of Russia's main heroine of The USO." (You know who she means. [:)])

"So this is our Marina tradition such" laughs Lera. "We are in the quarterfinals and semifinals and lost in the first set.  During this time we are able to get the measure of our rivals, and then it becomes a matter of technique."

What about teamwork with a partner?  You have to like with a different one this year played.

"Sometimes. But only if Marina has not participated in a singles tournament, in which I played. However, when it was possible, we performed together. And now something after such a victory, and even more so continue! We have a tremendous understanding and on the court, and beyond."

A pair for you - it ...

"Not a less important event than the singles. Every time fully to spread everywhere."

Who is your idol in the women's tennis?

"I most like... In Milan I and Marina were compared with Sharapova and Zvonareva. One Italian woman even came to the match with a poster, where it was written in Russian Вера+Мария : Vera + Maria. We are not offended, because we love and the one and another."

Have you met? (with Maria)

"Да. - Yes. When I was 12 years old, we practiced together in Miami. She always treated me with an open mind, gave much valuable advice. And I will be glad if I could be like her not only externally, but also on results."

In Miami then, but now (where do you train)?

"The same, at the Academy of Andrei Kozlov. This is a young professional, my countryman from Saratov."

Miami training, despite the compatriotic relationship, I think, is worth a pretty penny. Who helps you?

"Ask my father. He leads all of my affairs. I also asked: he said play well and not worry about anything. I try."

Alexander, why from a family of gymnasts and master of swimming sports, a tennis player appeared? - Following the advice of Lera, appeal to her father.

"We understand that financial returns to our sports with my wife against the backdrop of tennis compared."

So you decided on a family board ... (speaking again to Lera)

"There was no Council" - Alexander cuts in the style of another tennis dad - Yuri Sharapov. "I decided - the wife agreed." Lol!  [H]

Funds for the career development of her daughter from?

"(My parents) sold a few of their stores in Saratov.  But now and we have sponsors to help. I hope that the present victory only develops cooperation."

With junior tennis when the bye?

"Already this year I would like to start playing adult tournaments. We will ask for a wildcard at the Kremlin Cup."

Валерия СОЛОВЬЕВА Valeria Solovieva

Born Nov. 3, 1992 in Saratov.

Involved in tennis at age four. From the age of 11 trains at the Tennis Academy in Miami.

Orthodox. On the left is playing with two hands.

Favorite surface - hard.

Hobbies: music, chess, table tennis, swimming.

Champion Junior USO doubles paired with Marina Zanevsky (Ukraine).

paul_pipkin
#106 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 6:38:29 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Future Champions: The First Russian President Foundation awards--see Yana Buchina beside Naina Yeltsina:

krishnapriya
#81 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:05:26 PM(UTC)
krishnapriya

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

paul_pipkin
#107 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2009 4:22:34 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Assuming we can still call her a "new talent": Can you believe this is Nastya? [:O] A wig, clearly, but still... Glamour shots by Eugene Voenskiy, special for the magazine PROSport.    Anastasia & her brother/trainer Alexander Pavlyuchenkov are blogging for the Russian sports site http://www.sports.ru/tennis/ .  

See if you can go direct to the translations:

http://66.196.80.202/bab...lyuchenkova%2f48616.html

http://66.196.80.202/bab...lyuchenkova%2f49940.html 

http://66.196.80.202/bab...lyuchenkova%2f50691.html 

paul_pipkin
#108 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:46:02 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Some stories, you don't quite know what to make of. This item went on to completely mis-report the outcome of the doubles final, but I did confirm Kulikova's win, so congrats to her for that. [:)] There is another issue, however...

Triumphant Kulikova is hoping to follow in some famous footsteps

Ahmed Rizvi

• Last Updated: December 19. 2009 8:45PM UAE / December 19. 2009 4:45PM GMT

• Regina Kulikova celebrates her victory over Sandra Zahlavova last night to clinch the Al Habtoor Tennis Challenge title. Paulo Vecina / The National

DUBAI // Regina Kulikova has set her sights on qualifying for her first grand slam tournament in Australia next month after winning the Al Habtoor Tennis Challenge last night.

The Russian defeated Sandra Zahlavova of the Czech Republic 7-6 (6), 6-3 to claim a trophy already inscribed with some of the bigger names of the WTA Tour such as Jelena Jankovic, Katerina Bondarenko and Marion Bartoli.

The win, her eighth title on the ITF Tour, gives her 65 ranking points and leaves her US$11,500 (Dh42.216) better off.

Kulikova, a beneficiary of a grant from the Boris Yeltsin Fund in 2004, has previously played in the qualifiers of three grand slam tournaments: the French Open earlier this year and Wimbledon and the US Open in 2008, but has so far failed to make it to a main event. The 20-year-old hopes she will be lucky this time.

“Winning this tournament is really important for me,” she said. “If you look at the names who have won the title earlier, it is a prestigious tournament. Now I hope I can follow in the footsteps of the past winners.

“It is good to get these points. This is the end of the year and I am getting some important ranking points going into the new season. Now I will be going to Australia and trying my best to get through the qualifiers and make my first appearance at a grand slam. [:^)]

“The Habtoor winners have gone on to do well and I hope that charm will work for me as well. Hopefully I will be able to keep the legacy going.”

http://www.thenational.a...ORT/712199922/1004/sport 

I don't know why she would say that. [*-)] I remember and WTA & Wikipedia confirm:

"She (Kulikova) qualified for the 2009 Wimbledon Championships. She beat Karolina Sprem in the first round and then upset world number 27 Alisa Kleybanova in three sets. Kulikova was overwhelmed by world number 4 Elena Dementieva in the third round, winning only three games"

Dartagnan
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 6:02:28 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Triumphant Kulikova is hoping to follow in some famous footsteps

Ahmed Rizvi

• Last Updated: December 19. 2009 8:45PM UAE / December 19. 2009 4:45PM GMT

• Regina Kulikova celebrates her victory over Sandra Zahlavova last night to clinch the Al Habtoor Tennis Challenge title. Paulo Vecina / The National

Regina Kulikova (RUS) d. Sandra Zahlavova (CZE/7) 76 63 

Let's go Kulikova!!!!! 

official web site http://kulikova.com/

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#109 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:35:47 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Daria Gavrilova, Yana Buchina, and newcomer Anna Arina Marenko are thru to second round of AO Juniors. [H]

Daria Gavrilova

Yana Buchina

fking_crazy
#62 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:53:32 AM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[quote user="Dartagnan"]

[/quote]

Is it just me or someone else thinks this kova looks like the young Anna Kournikova?

BTW why the hell there are so many young tennis beauties in Russia?[8-)]

paul_pipkin
#199 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:14:09 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="fking_crazy"][quote user="Dartagnan"]

[/quote]

Is it just me or someone else thinks this kova looks like the young Anna Kournikova?

BTW why the hell there are so many young tennis beauties in Russia?[8-)]

[/quote]

Thank Boris Yeltsin. [H] A couple of old stories with good info:

http://www.indianexpress.com/oldStory/54159/

http://www.independent.c...on-in-russia-551733.html

paul_pipkin
#110 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 5:26:30 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Add Ksenia Kirillova and Yulia Putintseva thru to the second round singles.

Plus: Kirillova & Buchina to second round in doubles--also Gavrilova & partner Perkhova, a Belarusian. [H]

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Daria Gavrilova, Yana Buchina, and newcomer Anna Arina Marenko are thru to second round of AO Juniors. [H]

Daria Gavrilova

Yana Buchina

[/quote]
paul_pipkin
#111 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:44:59 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Daria Gavrilova, Yana BuchinaAnna Arina Marenko, and Ksenia Kirillova are thru to 3rd Round Singles--Buchina beating hot young American Madison Keys 36 75 62.

Also Buchina & partner Kirillova thru to the Doubles Quarterfinals. [H]

Ksenia Kirillova

mashadabest
#82 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:21:52 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

What happened to Pervak or something like that - the girl who beat Laura last year in the juniors of the Aussie Open?  Is she playing this year? [^o)]
paul_pipkin
#112 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:47:51 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Ksenia Pervak--I don't think she played Melbourne this year. Most of the others went out in the third round. [:(] Yana Buchina retired with an injury from singles. That knocked her and Kirillova outta doubles as well.

(Oh, Katya Makarova & Czech partner Jaroslav Levinsky made the Mixed Doubles semis. [:)]

Only Daria Gavrilova has moved on to the Girls' quarterfinals.

paul_pipkin
#113 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:01:39 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

WTA Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova is a Player to Watch
Live Tennis Staff 3 Feb 2010

Russian teen appears to be a bright spot in the future of that country's tennis.

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova is hardly a stranger to tennis fans however she has yet to break through on the WTA tour big time, as of yet.  She's already experienced a degree of success as she is a top 40 player, however great things should be expected from this player in the future as she is still only 18 years old. 

Pavlyuchenkova really started to grab a lot of attention during the latter parts of 2009 as she knocked Venus Williams out of back to back tournaments in Tokyo and Beijing.  Additionally, Pavlyuchenkova had wins in 2009 over Jelena Jankovic and top 10 player Agnieszka Radwanska.

Pavlyuchenkova has to be considered to be a player to watch on the women's tour but she is currently below the radar in a lot of ways. 

Not all sportsbooks carry odds for Pavyluchenkova on the Slams but the conditions are right for a possible new star to emerge in the upcoming year and Pavlyuchenkova should be considered a promising prospect.  She's the youngest player in the top 40, the second youngest player in the top 100, and has probably been overlooked in a lot of ways because of both Caroline Wozniacki's and Melanie Oudin's successes at the 2009 US Open, the two recognized teen sensations.

However, Pavlyuchenkova, 5'10", is certainly a talent and may be arriving in a Grand Slam quarterfinal match sometime during the 2010 calendar year.

If you want to take a shot in the dark on a longshot that has potential go to Blue Square and pick Pavlyuchenkova to win Wimbledon at +10000 (100/1).  However the smartest thing to do is to keep this young star in the back of your mind, follow her results in the tournaments leading up to the summer, and pounce on her long odds in individual matches because she will be threatening the top stars on tour in heads up play soon.

18 year olds in the top 40 are rare.

http://www.live-tennis.c...r-to-Watch-201002030005/

paul_pipkin
#114 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2010 7:16:29 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Vera Z had to dismiss young Ksenia Pervak (09 AO Junior Champion) from the first round at Pattaya City. Ksenia is still in the tournament, though, playing doubles with Chaki.