logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<1234>»
Sorana Cirstea
SashaMarg
#90 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:50:44 PM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

She played such a nice game!

can't wait to see her tomorrow!

Go Sorana

paul_pipkin
#58 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:31:28 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

I would advise Sorana the same thing I would have said to Elena at the beginning of her second set:

When Sam Stosur's chronic rushing & overcooking of returns show up, lay on the pressure & don't let up. That was one instance when Elena's habitual long third set break may have been counterproductive--giving Stosur time to chill & get less frantic. As it was, Sam came back just as collected as she'd been in the first set.

Samantha (and her doubles pal Stubbs) comes on strong, trying to play the sisters' intimidation game. Cirstea must not be fazed by that.

Specifically, draw Stosur to the net. When Sam repeatedly charges the net, her returns get rather wild.

Good luck! [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
shrapova_nole
#120 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:29:09 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

oh, she lost....I`m really sorry for her, I tought she could reach SF.....but that`s it......her performance in this tournament was great and I`m proud of her and I`m happy for all she achieved. It was a great tournament for her and I hope she`ll repeat this performance.She`ll now be on 33 in ranks, I`m not sure. But she`ll be up some positions anyway :)))))) Whatever....congratulations to her for the way she played in this tournament and wish her all the best for the future!!! Bravo, Sorana!!! And c`mon!! Other tournaments are coming!!!!! Wanna see you in top 20! :))))))) [U]

Some pics from RG:

Sorana Cirstea

Sorana Cirstea

Super Sorana!

Sorana Cirstea

mashadabest
#48 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 1:26:51 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

I'm sad she's out, but she did do amazingly to get as far as she did.  She is a really good player, and I can definitely see her becoming a top 10 player in the future.  Good Luck at Wimbly Sorana!!
POPOVERS
#81 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:44:19 PM(UTC)
POPOVERS

Sorana [:(] but at least you' have reached the semi [:D][U]
paul_pipkin
#59 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 10:30:14 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I said I'd report on this after I reviewed the tape, so here goes: ESPN2 coverage of Sorana's win over JJ took up late in the second set, and you got witches Fernandez & Carrilo telling us all about how that could be happening. Whatever would we do without Yankee "interpretation"? [:P]

Their story went that Cirstea's coach had dumped her right after Madrid--didn't like her "attitude". True that Cirstea gets visibly fussy on court but, from my observation on streams, it may also have been that Sorana didn't care for the woman's hands on her so much... [;)] Whatever. The witches told us that Team Adidas, in the persons of their commentary colleague Darren Cahill & Sven Groeneveld "swept in" and turned Sorana's career around in a week. lol!

I think not. Fernandez & Carrilo couldn't resist some name-dropping as the camera panned over to the Romanian box. In the tribune to boost Cirstea were:

1) Ion Ţiriac, former player & multinationalist (richest man in Romania) who owns among many other things, El Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open.

2) Ilie Năstase, former Romanian player, seven-slam winner, one of the world's top players of the 1970s.

3) 1978 Roland Garros champion Virginia Ruzici. Her former doubles partner...

4) Mima Jaušovec, 1977 FO champion who Ruzici defeated in '78 was also supposed to be there watching. (Prominent Slovenian political figure & head coach of Slovenia's national women's tennis team.

Does this clutch of supporters sound as if they have great need of Team Adidas part-time coaches? S'pose WTA would approve of Ţiriac's personnel in the girl's entourage? L-O-F'n-L!!!

I'd say Sorana has got all the backup she's gonna need. Now it's up to her. More anon. [H] 

paul_pipkin
#60 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 3:15:51 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Cirstea defeated compatriot Niculescu 57 63 63 at the Ordina on Sunday. Her next opponent could be Yanina Wickmayer.

Sorana is also playing doubles--with Dinara Safina, it seems. [^o)] On Monday they will go against Niculescu and Groenefeld of Germany.

shrapova_nole
#121 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 3:28:47 PM(UTC)

Yay!!!! Great, hope she`ll keep it up!!! Thanks a lot for all info, Paul!!!! And wow!! She`s playing with Safina !! Hope they`ll do really good!!! But I can`t believe that she meets Niculescu at both singles and doubles!! This is not fair!!!! [:@] Argghhhhhhhhh!!! [:@]

I really hope she`ll beat that Wickmayer....HAI, SORANA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope so much that she`ll do good!!!! C`mon, Sorana, please!!!!!!!!!All Romania loves u!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAI!!!!!!!

mashadabest
#49 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 5:42:14 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

Good Luck Sorana in the singles!!  Kick Wickmayer's butt!!
paul_pipkin
#61 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 2:54:23 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Doubles - First Round
Cirstea/Safina (ROU/RUS) d. (1) Groenefeld/Niculescu (GER/ROU) 62 62

Okay, checkout Tuesday's OOP:

http://www.sonyericssonw.../posting/2009/822/OP.pdf

First match on Court 1 (not Centre): Cirstea vs Wickmayer 11:00 (09:00 GMT)

FROMSPORT streams are not staying confined to Centre Court. On Monday, Court 1 was shown at

http://www.fromsport.com/video-36207.html Court 1

FROMSPORT: It seems wise now to keep a close eye on http://www.fromsport.com/c-4.html .

paul_pipkin
#62 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:10:19 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[st] again. When [um] delay is over, http://www.fromsport.com/video-36207.html  and/or http://www.fromsport.com/video-36212.html will be with Telesport Romania--obviously intending to switch to Court 1 at's-Hertogenbosch  for Cirstea/Yanina. [8-|]

http://www.atdhe.net/708...atch-atp-wta-ordina-open is also on Court 1.

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Doubles - First Round
Cirstea/Safina (ROU/RUS) d. (1) Groenefeld/Niculescu (GER/ROU) 62 62

Okay, checkout Tuesday's OOP:

http://www.sonyericssonw.../posting/2009/822/OP.pdf

First match on Court 1 (not Centre): Cirstea vs Wickmayer 11:00 (09:00 GMT)

FROMSPORT streams are not staying confined to Centre Court. On Monday, Court 1 was shown at

http://www.fromsport.com/video-36207.html Court 1

FROMSPORT: It seems wise now to keep a close eye on http://www.fromsport.com/c-4.html .

[/quote]
shrapova_nole
#122 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:57:48 PM(UTC)

Oh, thanks a lot Paul, but unfortunately I wasn`t here cos my Internet didn`t work at all and I also felt bad and some other problems.... I would have liked to watch. Anyway...Sorana lost to Wickmayer :((((( And Sorana and Safina also lost in QF today. Ohhhh... but I really hope she`ll have a good draw at Wimbly and do well. 3 rd it`s ok I believe. Best of luck!! Hai, Soranaaa!!!!!!!
shrapi
#92 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2009 9:01:36 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Sorana won her first match at Wimby's ( but unfortunately against

another Romanian girl Gallovits )

Felicitari !!!

masha[ro]fan
#41 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:12:13 AM(UTC)

now i watch Sorana match against Marza and i must say ..the level of the game i think is very high specially for this early stage ...hope she will win this match ....
shrapova_nole
#123 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:30:11 PM(UTC)

I watched Sorana vs Mirza too. She was good, did what was needed to win :)))) It`s true that Mirza made some errors and made some DFs but anyway congrats to Sorana for straight sets victory !!! The next match against Azarenka :| It will be really tough and I think she`ll lose but hope she`ll put up a good fight and win some games. I hope she`ll win sure, but I don`t think so tough..... Hai, Sorana!!!! Keep up the good work! We are proud of you! oh and sure luv u :)))) [U]

Sorana Cirstea of Romania plays a backhand during the women's singles second round match against Sania Mirza of India on Day Three of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on June 24, 2009 in London, England.

Sorana Cirstea of Romania plays a backhand during the women's singles second round match against Sania Mirza of India on Day Three of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on June 24, 2009 in London, England.

mashadabest
#50 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 8:07:16 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

I like Azarenka a bit, but since I met Sorana at Wimbly, I am a big fan of her now, so I really want Sorana to win this match!!  Sorana was so nice and sweet, not that many people knew who she was, so when we called her, she came over and signed autographs for us! [:)]  And Moni said something to her in Romanian and my gosh Sorana was so happy that someone was speaking Romanian haha she was smiling so much and said something in Romanian.  Plus she is so pretty in real life.  Good Luck Sorana - kick some a$$!!!
Teerin
#144 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 11:06:20 AM(UTC)
Teerin

[quote user="mashadabest"]I like Azarenka a bit, but since I met Sorana at Wimbly, I am a big fan of her now, so I really want Sorana to win this match!!  Sorana was so nice and sweet, not that many people knew who she was, so when we called her, she came over and signed autographs for us! [:)]  And Moni said something to her in Romanian and my gosh Sorana was so happy that someone was speaking Romanian haha she was smiling so much and said something in Romanian.  Plus she is so pretty in real life.  Good Luck Sorana - kick some a$$!!![/quote]

Unfortunately due to her losing the tiebreak in the first set, that took away all of her confidence -- which usually happens when you lose a tiebreak. I guess we'll see an Azarenka-Williams quarterfinal. That would be one great match.

shrapova_nole
#124 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 11:37:45 AM(UTC)

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(] Sorana lost.... But anyway she played very good :)))) I`m sorry that she lost so easy those break opportunities that she had....It`s clearly that she lost confidence and all finished after first set...that Azarenka is a damn beast! [:@] Anyway it was very good performance for Sori and I`m sure that she`ll get better and better. Who would have expected her to perform like this after a horrible beginning of the season (she didn`t win any matches at her first 6 tournaments)?? I`m really happy of how she performed and I`m really proud, I even cried a bit seeing a Romanian doing those things!!! Anyway, grass is not her best surface. She did really well, she did what she could, congrats to her and best of luck for the HC season!! Also best of luck at the exams that she`ll have in september! I`m looking forward to seeing her in the HC season!!!

Bravo, Sori!!!!!!! We`re really proud of u!!! Love u so much [U][U][U] !!!! 

shrapova_nole
#125 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 11:39:44 AM(UTC)

[quote user="mashadabest"]I like Azarenka a bit, but since I met Sorana at Wimbly, I am a big fan of her now, so I really want Sorana to win this match!!  Sorana was so nice and sweet, not that many people knew who she was, so when we called her, she came over and signed autographs for us! [:)]  And Moni said something to her in Romanian and my gosh Sorana was so happy that someone was speaking Romanian haha she was smiling so much and said something in Romanian.  Plus she is so pretty in real life.  Good Luck Sorana - kick some a$$!!![/quote]

yay u need to tell me all!!! I wanna meet her too [:S] I envy u [:S] and sure she`s soooooo sweet and nice and pretty!!! [U] 

butterflywings
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:18:14 PM(UTC)
butterflywings

OMG Sorana was amazing, so pretty! I talked to her as well. She is such a lovely girl!