logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Another Sharapova-Zvonareva Exo. (Chinese Taipei)
paul_pipkin
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:08:53 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

midaso alerted me to this. Interestingly, the only source that popped up immediately was Russian... [H]

Breaking news about Maria Sharapova

"I have been battling another terrible cold this past week, I can′t seem to shake this nasty cold I got in Asia. Good news is I will start my training for 2011 this week and I am really excited about it, which is NOT normal for me. On December 5, I will be playing my only exhibition of the off season in Monterrey, Mexico against Vera Zvonareva in a beutiful new indoor Arena. I will get back to you with more details".

"Я боролась с ужасной простудой на прошлой неделе, мне кажется, что я подхватила эту мерзкую заразу ещё в Азии. Хорошая новость - на этой неделе я начинаю подготовку к сезону 2011 и я очень рада этому, что для меня НЕпривычно. 5 декабря я сыграю выставочный матч межсезонья в Монтеррее, Мексика против Веры Звонаревой на прекрасной новой крытой Арене. Скоро расскажу больше".

http://www.sports.ru/tri...logs/pacific/122389.html

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
shrapi
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:21:54 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Good news.

Tennis-life goes on after engagemant,

Good to hear.

paul_pipkin
#6 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 10:58:38 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Articles translated from Mexican media: Searching the keywords & names may help find streams. [8-|]

Sharapova and Zvonareva will play exhibition in Monterrey

A 'beautiful' year-end sports package have to finish the Arena Monterrey in 2010, as well as bringing to Maria Sharapova for an exhibition game, the company Zignia Live is scheduled to mount a figure skating show to lead the beautiful Olympic champion Sasha Cohen .

Following the disclosure that Sharapova (WTA ranking 17) have a friendly match, on Dec. 5, against her compatriot Vera Zvonareva (2 WTA) to the regional groups, reported yesterday to close with finishing touch has scheduled an event called "Star on Ice '. 

"We see the year with the best events, so we decided to make a big effort to schedule the exhibition match between Sharapova and Zvonareva.

"It's not easy to bring a show of this level. (In August) I went to the U.S. Open, then talked to the people who work with Zvonarena and Sharapova, was difficult to convince, it will be spending thousands of dollars, but ultimately we believe it's worth it, "said Jose Barragan, director of Zignia Live sports.

Although there is the possibility of tennis clinics and signing autographs with the presence of Mary and Vera, the last word would have their representatives, taking into account the uncertainty that exists in the state... (any such appearances will only be announced the day before the event.)

(What that is about: North of Monterrey, between there and the US-Mexico border, there exists an on-going, not-so-low-level state of war between the government and the drug cartels, as well as among the cartels themselves. In South Texas, we are very aware of this situation. Monterrey, the northern commercial capital, is quite safe. The troubles are between there & the border.)

http://www.record.com.mx...-exhibicion-en-monterrey

How Sharapova said “yes” to the Monterrey Arena?
27 October, 2010 - 20:33

Finding a space in the agenda of tenisa Russian Maria Sharapova is not simple but Jose Barragán, director of sports of the Monterrey Arena, with the help of the agency of representation IMG could do it.

Sharapova (17 in ranking WTA) and compatriot Vera Zvonareva, (number two of the world) will play a party of exhibition in Monterrey, Mexico, the 5th of December.

“The agenda of the tennis players is exaggeratedly saturated”, explained Barragán to the Economist, who represents Zignia Live, company that has realised musical concerts and event.

“The IMG people offered that date to me, was the unique opportunity and she was not going to fail to take advantage of it”, said Barragán, that said in those dates the tennis players are beginning preparation for season 2011.

“It is the first sport event of reputation that we are going to bring to Mexico -- our objective is to bring tennis to Monterrey and when City of Mexico also take it to the DF”, added Barragán.

(Wants to do business also in Mexico City -- the "Federal District".)

The negotiation began at the beginning of August and it was resolved in September. “They (IMG) investigated to us we began talks and they invited to me to New York to be present at some parties of the U.S. Open and there we closed the deal. Most difficult and taken up is the agenda of the players”.

It is possible to emphasize that IMG's word counts on the representation of tennis players like Rafa Nadal, Roger Federer and Venus Williams.

In order to amortize the investment, Barragán generated a plan of economic boletaje and with the number of fans (13,000) that he hopes attend the Monterrey Arena to recover the investment.

“In average the tickets will be in 900 pesos but most accessible they are in 200 pesos are raising of price between 100 and 200 pesos until arriving at 3000 pesos in the "diamond zone".

This ticket will include souvenirs, courtesy drinks and probably the opportunity of a company/signature of autographs or a session photographs with the players.

Besides Zignia Live there are other sponsors like Group Modelo, Banco Santander and Coca-Cola.

CREDIT:
Juan Manuel Ramirez G./the Economist

http://eleconomista.com....a-le-dio-arena-monterrey

shrapi
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:10:39 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Would be nice if we could see it.

( streams I mean ).

paul_pipkin
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:43:44 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Dartagnan found us South American exo streams last year & nazarik is good with the Spanish. We may find something. [8-|]

More info:

Sunday 5 December at 17:00 CST (23:00 GMT) midnight CET, (07:00 am Monday in Manila) at the premises of the Monterrey Arena.

Jose Barragán Salas, director of sports of the Monterrey Arena, continues:

"We will hold a tennis clinic for children of different clubs in the city. We're looking at the mechanics with the Tennis Association of Nuevo Leon, and just yesterday I had a meeting with them where we talk about the clinic that day would be Dec. 5 at eleven o'clock and 3 pm would be a preliminary match.

"We're also seeing who will play (the preliminary match), our intention is to bring Mexican professional players, Davis Cup, to have high quality tennis and five p.m. start to the match with Zvonareva and star Sharapova.

paul_pipkin
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:26:27 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Dartagnan found us South American exo streams last year & nazarik is good with the Spanish. We may find something. [8-|]

More info:

Sunday 5 December at 17:00 CST (23:00 GMT) midnight CET, (07:00 am Monday in Manila) at the premises of the Monterrey Arena.

Jose Barragán Salas, director of sports of the Monterrey Arena, continues:

"We will hold a tennis clinic for children of different clubs in the city. We're looking at the mechanics with the Tennis Association of Nuevo Leon, and just yesterday I had a meeting with them where we talk about the clinic that day would be Dec. 5 at eleven o'clock and 3 pm would be a preliminary match.

"We're also seeing who will play (the preliminary match), our intention is to bring Mexican professional players, Davis Cup, to have high quality tennis and five p.m. start to the match with Zvonareva and star Sharapova.

[/quote]
giane
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:23:32 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
paul, what tv stream? i mean sources where we can see the exhib on screen? thanks.. :) i am really excited to see both of them..
paul_pipkin
#9 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 9:50:06 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="giane"]paul, what tv stream? i mean sources where we can see the exhib on screen? thanks.. :) i am really excited to see both of them..
[/quote]

Well, we gotta find them streams, don't we? [;)] Like the exos last year, they are likely to be page players that don't show up on the source pages and maybe not even in an English-language Net search. That's why I draw this to the attention of our Filipino friends, 'cause I some of y'all also habla español.

giane
#5 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 8:51:19 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[quote user="giane"]paul, what tv stream? i mean sources where we can see the exhib on screen? thanks.. :) i am really excited to see both of them..
[/quote]

Well, we gotta find them streams, don't we? [;)] Like the exos last year, they are likely to be page players that don't show up on the source pages and maybe not even in an English-language Net search. That's why I draw this to the attention of our Filipino friends, 'cause I some of y'all also habla español.

[/quote]

yeah yah.. you are right.. we do habla español.. and i guess all in the forum..  but then, if it is not written/ Spanish will be used then, we have sophie and i guess ilnur.. hehehe.. but ofc, i know you do speak/know the language?!

actually my dad's father is half Spanish.. :)) well, then.. i'll expect for a stream.. gotta look for one and will share as soon as i find one.. thanks paulito..[;)]

CROUCHING TIGER
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:57:01 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2864 time(s) in 1720 post(s)

Due to a football game in the city in the afternoon, Sunday's exo with Sharapova & Zvonareva will be played at 12:00 noon local &  CST US (18:00 GMT)

Both tennis players arrive Saturday in the city, Zvonareva at one (13:00) in the afternoon and Sharapova hour and a half later, stops to the 16:30 hours, for a press conference in the Camino Real Hotel.

Still watching for stream. Interesting Spanish blogspot that has widgets: http://sharapova-tennis....tido-de-sharapova-y.html

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#3 Posted : Monday, December 06, 2010 1:31:46 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

paul_pipkin
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:44:19 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

A Chinese-Taipei member on tennisforum reports:

"Masha will come to Taipei,Taiwan for a exhibition-match against Zvonareva on 22th September!"

That would be the Thursday before Tokyo, thus kicking off her 2011 Asian tour. 

paul_pipkin
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 3:24:28 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

A Chinese-Taipei member on tennisforum reports:

"Masha will come to Taipei,Taiwan for a exhibition-match against Zvonareva on 22th September!"

That would be the Thursday before Tokyo, thus kicking off her 2011 Asian tour. 

Here is some confirmation--part of a broader exo "tour" there:

Sharapova, Nadal and Ferrer will hold exhibition games in Taiwan 

Russians Maria Sharapova and Vera Zvonareva will hold exhibition match on September 22 in Taipei, Tennis.com reports with 
reference to the event organizers. Meeting Russian women will be held during the WTA tournament in Seoul, and Guangzhou.

Spaniards Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer will hold their exhibition match on October 1. It is worth noting that the same week 
will be held ATP tournament in Malaysia and Thailand. 

April 13, 2011, Wednesday. 10:02 Source: "Championat.ru"

paul_pipkin
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:31:21 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

As we heard three months ago--now announced. 

Maria to play in Taipei against Zvonareva

Posted on July 18, 2011

On September 22nd, Maria will play against Vera Zvonareva at the Taipei Arena in Taiwan.

Here is what Maria and Vera say:

Dear Tennis Fans,

On Thursday, September 22nd, we are playing a historic tennis match at the Taipei Arena in Taiwan. It will be the first time that both of us visit Taiwan, a country with a proud tennis history in Asia. As we learned about Taiwan before confirming our visits shortly after the devastating earthquake that hit Japan earlier this year, we learned that both Taiwan and Japan are islands, both countries rely on nuclear power and both have suffered from devastating earthquakes over the years. Having visited and played in Japan on many occasions, we thought it would be very appropriate to ad a charity component to our match in Taipei, as a way to raise funds for the many that have and are still suffering from the earthquake and tsunami and nuclear catastrophe in Japan in 2011.

By bidding and ultimately purchasing the autographed items and experiences on this website, you, the tennis fans of Asia, will have the opportunity to not only own these items and enjoy these once in a lifetime experiences, but also help out in a small way the many people in Japan that are still suffering the consequences of a horrific natural disaster.

Please give generously and with heart and we promise you all a night to remember in Taipei on September 22nd.

Thank you for your donations and generosity,

Signatures

Maria Sharapova and Vera Zvonareva

Click here to visit the website.

paul_pipkin
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2011 11:28:26 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Maria's fb:

mariasharapova

Vera Zvonareva and I are playing an exhibition match in Taiwan for a great cause. If you are interested in making any donations or bid on auction items, please check out this link:https://bitly.com/nwVFRK 

paul_pipkin
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 11:59:57 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Masha's next event: 

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

As we heard three months ago--now announced. 

Maria to play in Taipei against Zvonareva

Posted on July 18, 2011

On September 22nd, Maria will play against Vera Zvonareva at the Taipei Arena in Taiwan.

Here is what Maria and Vera say:

Dear Tennis Fans,

On Thursday, September 22nd, we are playing a historic tennis match at the Taipei Arena in Taiwan. It will be the first time that both of us visit Taiwan, a country with a proud tennis history in Asia. As we learned about Taiwan before confirming our visits shortly after the devastating earthquake that hit Japan earlier this year, we learned that both Taiwan and Japan are islands, both countries rely on nuclear power and both have suffered from devastating earthquakes over the years. Having visited and played in Japan on many occasions, we thought it would be very appropriate to ad a charity component to our match in Taipei, as a way to raise funds for the many that have and are still suffering from the earthquake and tsunami and nuclear catastrophe in Japan in 2011.

By bidding and ultimately purchasing the autographed items and experiences on this website, you, the tennis fans of Asia, will have the opportunity to not only own these items and enjoy these once in a lifetime experiences, but also help out in a small way the many people in Japan that are still suffering the consequences of a horrific natural disaster.

Please give generously and with heart and we promise you all a night to remember in Taipei on September 22nd.

Thank you for your donations and generosity,

Signatures

Maria Sharapova and Vera Zvonareva

Click here to visit the website.

CROUCHING TIGER
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:58:32 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Team Russia already on Fed-training? Just saw it and LUVVV it...that poster is great, like they

used to make them for those seventies kung-fu movies(bright colors, antagonistic setting). Just

looking at it makes u wanna go over there...thx.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#18 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2011 12:50:21 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Masha wrote on Facebook yesterday: 

mariasharapova

Back to work this week, training really hard. It’s nice to have good energy this late in the season. Leaving for Asia soon, making a quick stop in Taiwan to play Vera in an exho. My first time in Taiwan, so I am excited to see a new country and new fans. Don’t forget about the auction Vera and I are doing to raise money for the Japan earthquake and Tsunami relief. Click here to get involved! 4:45 PM 9/15/2011

paul_pipkin
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:25:18 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Vera in Taipei:

"On Monday I am flying to Taiwan, where I'll play a show September 22 match with Masha Sharapova, out soon fly to the two tournaments in Tokyo and Beijing. And going back to Moscow for Kremlin Cup. While such a plan. Accordingly, all will depend on the outcome - whether to find myself the final eight. Yes - it means yes, no - it means no. And, of course, I plan to play in the finals of the Fed Cup."

http://www.championat.co...ennis/article-96310.html

Substantive interview inc the Kazan charity match, her training with Lesha Ageev, and conditions at USO unreported in Western media

Zvonareva: Thank you for participating in the Dementieva match 

Masha on FB:

paul_pipkin
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:24:03 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Sharapova, Zvonareva to play exhibition match in Taipei this week 2011/09/20 18:47:25

Taipei, Sept. 20 (CNA) Russian tennis stars Maria Sharapova and Vera Zvonareva will be in Taiwan this week for an exhibition match at Taipei Arena on Thursday. 

Zvonareva will arrive in the country Tuesday night and Sharapova early Wednesday.  

The two tennis stars, who are visiting Taiwan for the first time, said in a telephone interview in August that they wanted to experience the local culture and interact with fans during their short stay. They are both scheduled to leave Friday. 

Their visit will be followed by the arrival of the world's No. 1 male tennis star Rafael Nadal of Spain and his compatriot David Ferrer, also for an exhibition match that will be played at National Taiwan Sport University on Oct. 1.

http://focustaiwan.tw/Sh...aALL&ID=201109200027 

Focus Taiwan news channel has a video page: http://focustaiwan.tw/video/Index.aspx 

NTV1 television streams live thru http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/b6325.htm 

Dunno what coverage there might be if any, but:

Event Time is Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 8:00 PM Taipei time
UTC (or GMT/Zulu)-time: Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 12:00:00 noon

UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, GMT is Greenwich Mean Time.

Great Britain/United Kingdom is one hour ahead of UTC during summer.