logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
WTA YEC, Doha -- Oct 26-31
shrapi
#58 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 12:31:59 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Like Vera most.

And she was clever to choose the right shoes.

( they cover the white feet )

RedStead
#54 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 7:55:51 AM(UTC)

[quote user="giane"]^lols @ Francesca.. she really made my day!!! haha
[/quote]

Schiavone... a pearl from the Boot-Leg country of the Med-Zone.

Would be nice to see her slide on clay again. :D

paul_pipkin
#42 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:40:47 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

1. Vera Zvonareva vs. Jelena Jankovic (from 17.00 hrs)
2. Caroline Wozniacki vs. Elena Dementieva
3. Francesca Schiavone vs. Samantha Stosur

Round Robin play begins in the Khalifa late Tuesday afternoon at 17:00 Doha time. Three matches will be played daily, shown by Eurosport, The Tennis Channel (US), and likely others--Star, maybe al-Jazeera, etc. Streams will show all singles matches.

Time Start: 17:00 Doha, 22:00 Manila, 18:00 Moscow, 16:00 CEST, 15:00 BST (14:00 GMT) 10:00 EDT (US)

Maroon Group                  White Group
1 Caroline Wozniacki        2 Vera Zvonareva
4 Francesca Schiavone     3 Kim Clijsters
5 Samantha Stosur          6 Jelena Jankovic
7 Elena Dementieva          8 Victoria Azarenka

Doha draw: http://www.wtatour.com/S...posting/2010/808/MDS.pdf 

Davaiii, Russia-girlz!!! [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
katmilr
#21 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 5:14:46 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Davai Bepa!
shrapi
#59 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:36:01 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Who is Bepa ?
paul_pipkin
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:02:14 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="shrapi"]Who is Bepa ?[/quote]

That's "Vera" in Russian Cyrillic characters--not really a "B" & a "p", they just resemble then. [8-|]

nazarik
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:16:31 PM(UTC)
nazarik

At the end of Day 2 Vera and Sam are really impressive[Y],fully deserved their wins,Kim won today,but it was unconvincing against half sick Jelena,Danish Polish Barbie doll wasnt at her best as well,too many unforced errors today,not accurate enough,for her style of play accuracy is the most important thing,Piotr the Father was furios,but it didnt help...Azarenka played well .but for her match ag.Kim will be decisive,and Schiavone also has a chance,as to Dementieva...I Dont Know what to expect...reallly dissapoiting first match ag. Wozniacki...and JJ is the clear outsider,unfortunately
paul_pipkin
#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:33:06 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="nazarik"]At the end of Day 2 Vera and Sam are really impressive[Y],fully deserved their wins,Kim won today,but it was unconvincing against half sick Jelena,Danish Polish Barbie doll wasnt at her best as well,too many unforced errors today,not accurate enough,for her style of play accuracy is the most important thing,Piotr the Father was furios,but it didnt help...Azarenka played well .but for her match ag.Kim will be decisive,and Schiavone also has a chance,as to Dementieva...I Dont Know what to expect...reallly dissapoiting first match ag. Wozniacki...and JJ is the clear outsider,unfortunately
[/quote]

Damn! [H] Glad to hear from you. (Check your PMs). I was starting to think I was the only one who could still get in here. (As noted on my Auckland message, the main site is in transition & perhaps no one can link thru there to the forum.

Elena D had/has an ankle injury & movement is limited. But according to Thursday's lineup, she and JJ are still hanging tough against demands from the press & probably the WTA to drop out (so they can get Shahar Peer on court in Doha.) [:P]

Yeah! Let's hear it for Sam! Aussie-girl made my day. [Y] Kudos to "mentally tough" Vera Z, too! [;)]

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Khalifa Tennis Complex (from 17.00hrs)
1. Samantha Stosur vs. Elena Dementieva
2. Caroline Wozniacki vs. Francesca Schiavone
3. Kim Clijsters vs. Victoria Azarenka

nazarik
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:50:50 PM(UTC)
nazarik

Hi,Paul! I ll check pm in few min.time[H]

What about site transition and how can it affect the forum?[:^)]

OMG,Shahar at YEC ???? Nightmare [:@]

paul_pipkin
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:03:53 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

We're lucky the forum is still here--however, there is precedent. When there were several months between Dementieva's old & new sites, a small forum continued to function in the interim.

The deal is, one must come directly here to http://cs.mariasharapova.com/forums/ There is no main page to link from, you see? Still, I don't have a clue why you and I seem to be here alone. I KNOW a number of members were coming directly here because we had to report to tghem often about new stuff on the main page. [*-)]

Getting both alternates in the game is precisely what Bradnam & (to a lesser degree) Reed are demanding on British Eurosport--you know their only interest is Peer. But to do that, either BOTH JJ & Elena would have to withdraw or get one of them to drop AND pay off Li Na to pull out. All that gets kinda complicated to sell as [8] it just happened that way... [8] [;)]

nazarik
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:18:57 PM(UTC)
nazarik

Yeah, I dont understand either,I mean about why we are here alone, it is easy to get to the forum directly, I used this direct link before,when I was away from home/because of work/ and you know I used just mobile phone and it doesnt have Flash player to get to the main site...but ,yeah, about an hour ago I noticed Martinn was here...
paul_pipkin
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:40:29 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I'm unsure how literally to take those names that are "on". For example, now irvino has posted, yet the only names that Show here are still just you and me.
nazarik
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:56:07 PM(UTC)
nazarik

Hey,Paul,really,I noticed Irvino was here about 20 min ago I read his name among who is on line...maybe you just missed it cos at that time it were only me and Irvino on line[8-|]
midaso
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:01:24 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

The deal is, one must come directly here to http://cs.mariasharapova.com/forums/ There is no main page to link from, you see? Still, I don't have a clue why you and I seem to be here alone. I KNOW a number of members were coming directly here because we had to report to tghem often about new stuff on the main page. [*-)][/quote]

The problem is,by going straight onto the forum,it doesn't always log you straight in as your username. If your history is cleared(as some people's are everytime they log off) you will just be on here as a guest and will have to sign in from the main page,which is impossible at the moment...

paul_pipkin
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:44:50 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="nazarik"]Hey,Paul,really,I noticed Irvino was here about 20 min ago I read his name among who is on line...maybe you just missed it cos at that time it were only me and Irvino on line[8-|]
[/quote]

Could be. My forums page doesn't seem to refresh much unless I shut down.

[quote user="midaso"]

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

The deal is, one must come directly here to http://cs.mariasharapova.com/forums/ There is no main page to link from, you see? Still, I don't have a clue why you and I seem to be here alone. I KNOW a number of members were coming directly here because we had to report to tghem often about new stuff on the main page. [*-)][/quote]

The problem is,by going straight onto the forum,it doesn't always log you straight in as your username. If your history is cleared(as some people's are everytime they log off) you will just be on here as a guest and will have to sign in from the main page,which is impossible at the moment...

[/quote]

Sounds right. An upside of this doggy old [co] is that it's difficult to clear history even if I want to.  I haven't had to sign in since like,  for-ev-er. But that may have me stuck with access thru an unreliable rig. Wish you guys would PM me your email addys "just in case" we get totally cut off...

nazarik
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:17:59 PM(UTC)
nazarik

Lena played good match today,showed her fighting spirit and deserved her victory against in form sam,well done ,Lena![Y]

p.s. Vika lost to Kim in 3 sets,good match,but there was no fight in the final set,cos Vika I think was extremely tired,anyway,wish her good luck next year![:)]

paul_pipkin
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:34:31 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="nazarik"]

Lena played good match today,showed her fighting spirit and deserved her victory against in form sam,well done ,Lena![Y]

p.s. Vika lost to Kim in 3 sets,good match,but there was no fight in the final set,cos Vika I think was extremely tired,anyway,wish her good luck next year![:)]

[/quote]

Indeed! [Y] Old Chris Bradnam on Brit Eurosport really had crap on his face (after all that talk yesterday about how she oughta be forced out). Of course, his response is just to despise her more but what's new--we know where that basterd is on all Russian players now. I'm not sure whether Elena still has a shot at the semifinals or not. But she's got $200K now and a win against Francesca would make it $300K, so, what the hell?

Vika acquitted herself well. Unclear whether she was cramping in the 3rd or if it might be an injury. Anyway, she's still a contender against JJ, so maybe she can get her $200K yet.

Any readers who can't sign in: Check back a bit later. I'm gonna post some thoughts for the future of our communications. [H]

nazarik
#28 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 5:50:55 PM(UTC)
nazarik

both semis look promicing,hope that Vera will keep her unbeaten run in Doha and Sam has a chance ag. Kim
shrapi
#60 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:25:17 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Well, I'm not really interested in the final.

Think Clijsters should win.

paul_pipkin
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 2:16:39 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Well, she did. Clijsters by 63 57 63. Congrats, Kimmy. [H]

Whatever schemes were floated to the contrary, the YEC then transitioned to Istanbul for 2011-2014 as promised. President of the Türkiye Tenis Federasyonu, Mrs Ayda Uluç'un (hope I have that correct) received the flag.

The Istanbul YECs will be played INDOORS, in the fine new Ataköy'deki Sinan Erdem Sports Hall, under construction now.

WTA is NOT going to have the total CONTROL of every aspect they enjoyed in the emirate. Istanbul has its own very experienced team for organizing large sporting events. Also, they may not be able to dominate the media feed. CNN TÜRK, TJK, NTV Spor and other national broadcasters will opt to be the host.

And there's the simple fact: While relatively new, Turkey is a real tennis country. [H] I have positive feelings for this.