logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Lets Blog!!!!
scottish
#44 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2007 6:30:02 PM(UTC)
scottish

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Midasoagain]
it's just the best in a rubbish year for music. But #32? Ahead of established classics like 'Superstition' or 'Layla' - might be going a bit far...

Age isn't determinative of quality!!!! :wink:
scottish
#54 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2007 6:30:02 PM(UTC)
scottish

Midasoagain]
it's just the best in a rubbish year for music. But #32? Ahead of established classics like 'Superstition' or 'Layla' - might be going a bit far...

scottish
#69 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2007 6:30:02 PM(UTC)
scottish

Midasoagain]

midaso
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:00:27 AM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Ah well - they've retained this

So whose turn now? [:)]

This forum just doesn't have the same 'feel' to it does it? 

mattyrobbo
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:42:58 AM(UTC)
mattyrobbo

We will just have to cope with it. i dont think they will change it now

midaso
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2007 7:52:58 AM(UTC)
midaso

Haha - I see what they've done here

In a thread such as this,a lot of posts have been deleted yet the number of replies remains the same as what it was

So all the ones that were deleted(by newer members),they just replaced with them by trebling posts by older,existing members

Weird...So all the old users have way more posts than they should 

midaso
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2007 10:33:52 PM(UTC)
midaso

So - it's time for someone to do a new blog...but there's no one to do one is there??
scottish
#55 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 4:50:33 PM(UTC)
scottish

Blog time!!! Everything has gone a bit crazy of late, i,ll not bore you all with the details but the sub-prime mortgage crisis in the US has been a real son of a bitch, especially for lawyers working in the banking and asset finance markets!! (ie me!!). Heh, i can't even remember the last time i was on here, partly because i cannot stand the new format and partly because i,ve been really busy.

Here's my stream of consciousness blog type thing of recent events and happenings.......

Scotland beat France 1-0 in Paris in Euro 2008 qualifiers!!! Mcfadden is a legend, the goal was an absolute peach, i almost had a heart attack, without doubt the single greatest Scottish victory i,ve ever witnessed in my lifetime, and right now Scotland is top of their group with France and Italy (world cup finalists) and Ukraine (world cup semi finalists) behind!!! The look on Henry's face was priceless, i,ll never forget it after his trash talk leading up to the match, we,ve done the double over France, have that you frenchy cheesemongers!!!!

US Open - Djokovic is my new favorite player, obviously i really liked him before this event, and he maybe got a bit lucky with his draw (i mean who would have expected Ferrer for the semis??) but this guy is class all over, shame for him that Murray is now getting back to fitness, its gonna be him and Murray leading the charge next year and i,ve got high hopes for both of em. The Williams sisters are a total joke, not tennis wise, but personality wise, this is probably how Hitler started out (and we all know how that ended up!!)

Britney Spears......what a skank!!

Kath and Kim is awesome, i,m loving the most recent series (only those from Australia and maybe NZ will know what i,m talking about!!) Looooka at meaaaay!!!

Safin is a bloody sex god, not only is he one buff russian but to top that now he's climbing the 6th highest mountain in the world!! Could this guy get any hotter?? I think if i saw him in the flesh it would be like the sun, you cant look directly at it or you,ll be blinded!! (Maybe this is how the guys on here think of Pova?!?)

Lastly little Henman is retiring this weekend after the Davis Cup tie against Croatia!!! I,ve got tickets, Number 1 court, Wimbledon this Sunday coming!! (when i bought them he hadn't announced his retirement!) People can say what they like about him but i really think he was a very good player,and his record at Wimbledon was really quite good when you consider he co-incided with Sampras and then Federer, reaching the Semi's 6 times!! (and the semi's of the US Open and Roland Garros) Yes he was the nearly man but that was the best he could be and you can't ask for more than that!

Dobre Veycher!!

midaso
#11 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 5:02:22 PM(UTC)
midaso

Hey Scottish - haven't seen you around for so long...good to see you still around.

Kath and Kim is a bloody sensation over here - it's like the most popular show ever in Australia I think...quite big here too when it's on - I quite like the show...

Wow - favouring Djokovic over Scot Murray - I think everyone likes Djokovic now - he's such a great player and personality

scottish
#56 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 5:16:15 PM(UTC)
scottish

Yep thought i'd come back for a look in!!

I think Sharon is my favorite character in Kath and Kim, and that episode where Brett takes out Kim for the first time and they go to some Disco (its the 80s) and Sharon is desperate for him to notice her!! Thats good s h i t!! All good comedies need that one person who gets picked on, you feel sorry for them, like Cliff in Cheers!!

I wouldn't say i favour Djokovic over Murray, but Murray's been out for so long, i guess i cheated on him with one of his good friends, but a girl has needs!!! Murray will be back next year for sure, and it wouldn't surprise me if Djokovic was to get injured next year, given the amount he has played this year burnout had to be a concern. Even Nadal is starting to show some worrying signs, too much stress on the body, something always has to give at some point!!

Saint
#31 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 6:31:14 PM(UTC)
Saint

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

nice blog... good to see that Scotland is qualified for 2008

and oh man let's just shut up about Britney Spears, i've always hated that girl... i just hope she's going to end her life (that's kinda hard too say but that's how i feel about it) so that we don't have to hear any sh t about her anymore, please give her up for the next Hostel movie.

midaso
#12 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 8:22:16 PM(UTC)
midaso

Saint - were you ever on here at the same time as Scottish? I can't remember...I think you may not have been...you weren't here much before the new site update were you?

But yeah comedy is priceless when there is some pathetic character - but I prefer it when it's sort of dry,with no laughing track - like in The Office,or the Extras when there's like some awkward silence or they're just staring at the camera blankly - I think Gervais may be the all time best ever at playing pathetic losers...

Check out these guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd5uaHuTwXc bloody hilarious - they got rejected here but are making quite an impression in US - they do a TV show as well - it's bloody classic...

Saint
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:31:59 AM(UTC)
Saint

When Wimbledon was almost ending I came here on the forum[;)] so I was here some time already, I did see some posts of Scottish before... why?

midaso
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:44:24 AM(UTC)
midaso

Oh well you're just 2 of the best characters ever on this forum - 2 of
my favourites...was just trying to think whether you'd ever collided...

Saint
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:36:53 PM(UTC)
Saint

ah ok, well thanks... ofcourse there are times i will not be here, but i'm not leaving this forum, because i need this forum to stay up2date about Maria[;)]
markofernandes
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:26:31 PM(UTC)
markofernandes

yep, it's a very good idea..
scottish
#57 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:56:43 PM(UTC)
scottish

Yes and the braveheart is also back!!! ahaha, thats me by the way!!! What i dont like about the new forum is you cant tell who started a topic, only who was the last person to post on it, and generally its a lot slower at doing things which gets on me t i t s !! Has it increased the number of people who come on and post, or decreased? I guess i,ll get used to it. Hopefully all this crap that going on with the global economy will settle down soon and the i wont have to do so much work and can get back to doing more frivilous time wasting activities like posting on here and drinking!!! heh!!
midaso
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:02:57 PM(UTC)
midaso

Yeah it's pretty slow - but there seem to be a few people who are addicted to this. There are a few good things about the new format too though...

Can't wait till we destroy Scotland in the rugby on Sunday - sorry - can't wait...

Saint
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:17:30 PM(UTC)
Saint

ofcourse NZ will win, I mean just look at this sh t --- great stuff

And don't get me started about how slow the forum can be... darn that

scottish
#58 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:38:20 PM(UTC)
scottish

Yeah well i don't mind if you win the rugby, at least Scotland beat France in the football, i can't expect us to win everything!! heh, we can't be much worse than England were Vs the Springboks!!! That was the best 80 minutes of comedy i,ve seen in a while!!! I just cant get over the fact that they didn't score a single point!! haha!!